Geronimo - New Haven
271 Crown Street
New Haven, CT 06511Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Geronimo - New Haven
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://geronimobarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 2037777700
- Hours of Operation:
We are open for Lunch & Dinner Monday-Thursday from Noon-11:00pm, Friday-Saturday from Noon-Midnight and Sunday from 4:00pm-11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Timothy Scott
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer many different menus to accommodate your party needs. Please call for more information to discuss options and menus.
- Private Party Facilities: Geronimo Events Coordinator will work with you to suit your needs. We are available for Birthday's, Anniversaries, Baby Showers, Happy Hours, Corporate Functions, Seminars, Private meetings and any other special event you may be planning. We also offer Luncheon functions, please call to inquire for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Elin Pistey 2037777700
- Special Events: Join us daily for our "Buffalo Bar Happy Hour Specials", from 5:00pm-7:00pm, late night Monday-Thursday from 9:00pm-11:00pm, late night Friday and Saturday from 10:00pm-midnight and late night Sunday from 9:00pm to 10:00pm.
A word from Geronimo - New Haven
Authentic Santa Fe cuisine focused on traditional foods of the Apache and Navajo people, with some Spanish and Anglo-Saxon influences. An essential ingredient in many of our Southwestern dishes is Chile. Every dish we offer is surprising but harmonious blend of flavors, colors and textures, prepared using traditional techniques and a modern estetic. We offer over 185 Tequilas, full bar, and the freshest ingredients to make your perfect margarita or cocktail. Geronimo Tequila Bar and Southwest Grill has a cozy atmosphere with detailed decor that will grab anyone's attention. Tequila is one of many of our focuses, be sure to check out our Tequila Flights! Visit our website and make your reservation TODAY!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Geronimo - New Haven - Best Restaurants in New Haven ›
Geronimo - New Haven reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (38)great for outdoor dining (36)good for groups (29)hot spot (28)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (14)special occasion (10)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I had heard of the restaurant before and he w good it was and I was very impressed. Our waiter was funny and very attentive. My spicy passion fruit margarita was so delicious. Housemade guacamole best I had ever had and Hanger steak quesadilla was excellent. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDandLKDined on 10/18/2014The food was good although the portions were small. The lobster enchelada had very little Lobster meat and for $26 I feel you should see some chunks of lobster. I probably will not go back due to the price factor. Also I had to pay $8 to park my car in a private lot. On a bright note our waiter was amazing. If you go ask for Hugo.Special Features:
- Good AgainTINEGUNNERDined on 10/7/2014Had another great meal at Geronimo. The outdoor patio is lovely. I had vegetarian tamales with fried onions and jalepenos and black beans. Everything was very good. It was a Tuesday and the service was very fast. I also had a very nice margarita called the karmaberry.Special Features:
- Great but very noisySandraDined on 10/3/2014Great food. Our service was great too and it was fun. But it's very loud. Just know it's not a place to go if you want to have a real conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very funHALFADined on 9/27/2014Very fun and energetic place, spicy food but delicious. Love the atmosphere and vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!LizDDined on 9/27/2014We went here with the family and loved everything about it! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It used to be betteroogilyboogilyDined on 9/27/2014I used to love drinking margaritas on the patio at this place. The margaritas are still good, but the food isn't that great. Aside from the awesome guacamole (made at the table) the place just isn't as great as I remember. There was no drink menu on our table and as soon as we ordered drinks our server asked if he could take it back for another table. We all ordered different variations of tacos and they were okay, but I've had much better. I would suggest this place for margaritas and guacamole and that's about it.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceNotWorthItDined on 9/26/2014While I enjoy the food and margaritas here, the service is so horrible it nearly negates the positive aspects of this restaurant. Margaritas run around $10 each, which is a bit pricey, but the food is reasonably priced and there's vegetarian and gluten-free options. It's near impossible to get a table on weekends because they are packed, but making a reservation doesn't matter. They overbook and rush you, and clearly don't understand how to use the reservation system. We had a 7:30 reservation and were informed at 8:45 our table was part of a party of 14 coming in so we could "shift to the bar." We ended up leaving with our margaritas still on the table because there was no space at the bar, which is why we had reserved a table.Special Features:
- dinner with a friends728Dined on 9/12/2014I made a reservation but when we arrived there was nowhere for us to sit. So they came up with a spot. We were put on a "crate-like" table jammed in the corner between the bar and outdoor railing. We were unable to move from our seats and there was no room for our food. Our server was great. Food was terrific. I just wish we were at a more comfortable roomy table for our meal and the amount we paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pros & Cons of the PatioEuropeanDinerDined on 9/11/2014I had a great time dining with a small group of friends at Geronimo this weekend. We loved sitting on the patio, which is beautiful and relaxing, but we also felt slightly cramped--we commented on how the restaurant likely fits a few too many chairs out there in efforts to profit off of as many customers as possible. The servers and other customers had to squeeze past our table every time they passed, which inconvenienced us a little, too. Regardless, I love Geronimo for its drinks, atmosphere and fry bread (my favorite thing on the menu so far) and still highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great Santa Fe VibesomuchtoeatsolittletimeDined on 9/3/2014Ten minutes before Happy Hour (5-7) and a Clint Eastwood movie (closed captions) over the bar made for a nice beginning to our meal at Geronimo. We moved to a seat on the porch and enjoyed the Mahi-Mahi tacos, the Three Cheese Rellenos and the Smoked Chicken Quesadilla. All were flavored nicely and created the perfect outdoor dining experience. The margaritas and tequila mojitos are good companions to the authentic flavors. IMPORTANT: To enjoy the food, do not start with the huge (and expensive) bowl of Chips and Guacamole.Special Features:
- FantasticKrisDined on 8/31/2014We have always had positive experiences here. The drinks are great, and the service is very good. Try the table side guocamole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great spot for date night!JLSdinesDined on 8/23/2014A fun energetic restaurant with delicious margaritas and great food. We split a few appetizers and it was a good amount of food for 4 people. A good place for dinner then night life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMarleyVIPDined on 8/21/2014The food was ... different -- my flatbread was dry -- not the bread, but the vegetables and chicken on top of it. The "tableside" guacamole was not prepared at the tableside, at least not where I could see it. Felt rushed by the server. Love the vibe in the restaurant, although not so much in the back room where we were seated. May try again but probably not.
- A must visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Although very loud the night we visited, we were soon distracted from the background noise by the menu and drink and tequila list. Everything we ordered was top notch - from the elk/buffalo chili sampler to the skirt steak. Casa Noble flight was excellent. Service was very attentive and not stretched too thin. Must return soon...Special Features:
- Fantastic!eclecticfoodloverDined on 8/8/2014I love the menu here. There were so many great, unusual options. The tableside guacamole was delicious, as was the Navajo frybread and tamales. The service was wonderful. Our waitress really paid attention to us and paced our courses. This was a refreshing change from places that try to rush you out the door. Great, fun place to hang out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot - know what you're in forJasonVIPDined on 8/8/2014Good food, good flavor, pretty strong service. Overall, a good Mexican alternative to the authentic food trucks and Wallingford corridor. Fish tacos slightly disappointing...as was the butternut mash. Table side guac is a must. Very loud - especially in the back room. Good spot. Know what you're getting when booking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!NewHavenFoodieDined on 8/7/2014We had a wonderful time! The service was excellent, we never had to wait. Never felt rushed. Food was great. Have been for lunch many times, but it's been a while since I'd been for dinner, and am now looking forward to the next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geronimo rocksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This place is just awesome! Great food, great service!Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodmcihcehrayellDined on 7/26/2014We've been here twice, and both times the food has been outstanding. We'll definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014The food is below average Mexican. The spicing was too hot in some meals-my friend could not eat the meatloaf. The guacamole was excellent and the fry bread good and it went down from there. We won't return.
- Date night out....SBCoach189Dined on 7/18/2014Being parents of 3 girls under 12, we rarely get out for a date night. This place was very nice. Very busy on Saturday night. Reservations were easy to make online. Food was EXCELLENT! Table side Guacamole was delicious. Chicken quesadillas were excellent. Margaritas were good but over priced. Disappointed that they did not have any blenders for frozen drinks in restaurant. Service was good. Parking was a hassle as always in New Haven. We don't normally come into New Haven because of the lack of parking !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food, survived the noiseEZGourmandVIPDined on 7/9/2014Was visiting Yale with my son and chose the restaurant because it looked like a hot spot that teens could enjoy…. i was right. The menu was a creative mix of Southwestern, Mexican and American, and the desserts was equally creative. Despite the noisy table of women next to us, where one would occasionally make an ear piercing shriek, we managed to love the food and like the restaurant. I'm hoping it's not always filled with shrieking middle aged women and our next visit will be even better.Special Features:
- Great except for the noiseLoveToEatoutDined on 7/4/2014We always love the food and the cocktails are terrific. The noise level is way beyond energetic. Come prepared to shout at dining partners to be heard.Special Features:
- Great Fun!UWSProfVIPDined on 7/4/2014Geronimo is a continuous fiesta! Guacamole made to order at your table. A menu to make everyone happy, from meat eaters to pescatarians to vegetarians. And, you won't find a more extensive tequila menu anywhere, including an excellent selection of elegant, refined tequilas. Of course, great margaritas, too.Special Features:
- Wow!GerjoeDined on 6/29/2014Food was exceptional. I watched them make fresh guacamole all evening from scratch. Amazing Tequila bar. Reasonably priced. Loved it!Special Features:
- Never lets me down!AllyDined on 6/27/2014Great food, many options with good size portions to share! Always get the table-side made guacamole! Shared the Mixta salad and Three Sister tamale with a friend! So yummy! And the cocktails are to die for! Get location too in downtown New Haven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 409 reviews are from the Geronimo - New Haven reviews archive.
- EPrJDined on 6/19/2014I've been here for lunch twice and dinner once and enjoyed it every time. Has moved to the top of my list of spots to take people to. Very good food, drinks and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geronimo's is a Fantastic placeNoreasterDined on 6/18/2014Geronimo's is a great place. From the owners to the staff from the Food to the service. This place is a high energy great feeling hot sopt. It is always up beat and always filled with the greatest people having the best time. I strongly reccomend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereWillDined on 6/13/2014Whether you're indoors our out the atmosphere at Geronimo is great. The servers are all very friendly and the food never disappoints. Geronimo's feels like a hotspot in LA or New York, which is special for New Haven, CT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSJF13Dined on 5/24/2014Geronimo is a great find. Delicious food from appetizers to dessert. Ashley was a fantastic server. Attentive, sweet, accommodating, best service we've had in a long time. We can't wait to go back this summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TexMex with a twistRestaurantRegularVIPDined on 5/18/2014The menu has some of the expected items from a TexMex genre but also adds some interesting twists on the favorites that make this a nice choice for people who want the "less predictable" options. We had great service too!Special Features:
- good foodjenlc723Dined on 5/17/2014Geronimo's has a fantastic southwest menu and their tableside guacamole is delicious. The service was lacking but it was a very busy night. We were definitely attended to but slowly. Overall, it was a nice dinner with good drinks and food. We sat outside and it was enjoyable.Special Features:
- fun atmosphereasdfghDined on 5/16/2014Fun, vibrant atmosphere, interesting southwestern food and drink. very crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best assistant manager EVER!AidenrocksDined on 5/5/2014I have been in hospitality and food service forever! I have owned 3 highend places in Litchfield and West Hartford center. I came to Geranimo for may day celebration and the place was mobbed! ! I was greeted and was told I had a wait. No problem the place was packed...Your asst mod. Aiden Stewart was a star! He kept his cool, kept all the guests informed and relaxed and kept the staff moving forward!! What ever you have to do keep that guy around and maybe its time he lost the" assistant" part of his title. Ok time turned great thanks to him!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinksJaimizzle719Dined on 5/4/2014Fantastic southwest food and the largest selection of Tequila I've ever seen. Their prickly pear margarita is excellent!Special Features:
- Great Tequila & Service!LoveFood13Dined on 5/2/2014Had a great time! The service was great! Very energetic, upbeat staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is more a bar than a restauransummerfoxDined on 4/25/2014The noise level and yelling was not conducive to a pleasant meal. Do not go here for a meal if you want to talk. Food was good if slightly overpriced.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!LolapeachDined on 4/18/2014My party of 4 arrived a little ahead of our reservation and we got sat immediately. The service was friendly and attentive. The food was excellent and the mojitos were on point! This was not my first visit to Geronimo and it certainly won't be my last! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyKisWildDined on 4/11/2014Food was tasty, fresh and creative. Be warned they are not afraid to make the food spicy hot. I feel the need to go back with a designated driver so I can do some tequila tasting!Special Features: