1200 5th Avenue, North
Nashville, TN 37208Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.germantowncafe.com/
- Phone: 615-242-3226
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat - Sun: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Mon - Fri: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tue - Sat: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sun - Mon: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Mon - Fri: 3:00pm - 7:00pm, in bar only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Norton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Germantown Cafe offers a private dining room that accommodates up to 30 guests for a seated function. Semi-private space is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Jill Donaldson 6156365155
A word from Germantown Cafe
Located blocks from downtown Nashville, Germantown Cafe serves comfortable, creative, and affordable American food seven days a week. With a fantastic view of the Nashville skyline, Germantown Cafe the neighborhood cafe worth leaving your neighborhood for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Germantown Cafe - Best Restaurants in Germantown ›
Germantown Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (135)fit for foodies (98)scenic view (76)special occasion (75)romantic (69)great for brunch (37)hot spot (25)notable wine list (25)good for groups (25)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- outstanding foodphillygirlDined on 10/18/2014This was a lovely restaurant. simple decor and fabulous service. the presentation was very creative and I would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nashville gemItsmeeh1VIPDined on 10/13/2014We were in Nashville for a weekend trip and decided to try Germantown Café because the menu looked great and the price is reasonable. My husband and I tremendously enjoyed every course that we had at Germantown Café. It was such a wonderful experience from the service to the food and the cocktails. I loved that it was not in downtown (parking meters were hassle) and had a wonderful scenic view of the city. We definitely will be back to dine again the next time our travels brings us back to Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too pricey for what you getBarbDined on 10/11/2014This used to be priced moderately. Prices have almost doubled. I would rather go to better restaurant for this priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed on Duck dish.MissieDined on 10/10/2014The duck was not good. It was not cooked well enough. In fact, it was so under cooked that I couldn't cut through it. Brought it home to finish cooking it. I have eaten there many times and will again but choose crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCCJBTDined on 10/4/2014Food not up to the quality I have had in the past.Special Features:
- schmittie215VIPDined on 10/3/2014As always, this restaurant never disappoints! Loved The Great Pumpkin cocktail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014First time my wife and I ate there. Good food, nice atmosphere, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddisappointedDined on 10/2/2014Have eaten here many times before and previously always had good food - but this time was terrible and we were embarrassed to be entertaining out-of-town guests. What went wrong? The trout and salmon tasted horribly. The place was very quiet leading us to think others had formed the same impression - yet this used to be one of top rated places for food.
- Oh, but the skyline!Cnwms34Dined on 9/30/2014I forgot how beautiful Nashville's skyline was until eating at the Cafe. Guess I was just taking it all for granted:) The food was superb, and then I turned around to look at the window. I didn't realize how elevated we were. It was night time and the view was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Night OutChrisDined on 9/27/2014Back to the Germantown Cafe after almost a year, and we won't wait that long before returning. Everything was wonderful. A real treat.Special Features:
- Perfect birthday dinner!KaitlinDined on 9/27/2014My family and I absolutely loved our dinner here. The service was outstanding (Becky, our waitress, and Ryan at the front were particularly fantastic and helpful). Our respective meals were DELICIOUS--highly recommend the coconut curry salmon, the plum pork, and the crab cakes. The ambiance was perfect, and our meal was just lovely. We will absolutely return and will recommend Germantown Cafe to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Perfect portions of flavorfull dishes. Everything was very good. We will reserve a table whenever we are in town.Special Features:
- GreatkatebDined on 9/20/2014We had a great dinner here that was topped off with really friendly & thoughtful customer service. The front staff was cheerful and warm. Our server was as well, but the topper was at the end of the night when we requested a taxi. I don't know if he was the manager or owner, but he made every effort to assist on getting us a ride back into town. After calling a car, he kept checking on us outside and calling the car service to check on the status. Our experience the previous night was far different. The crab cakes were yummy as was that key lime pie, but honestly, what sticks is how nicely we were treated! If I lived in Nashville, I'd make this my regular joint.Special Features:
- Great Dinner, Great FriendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Decided to take a first time out of towner to dinner. Everything was perfect. Got there a little 3 early and stopped at the bar. Great knowledgeable bar tender/host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014This place was great and the service was fantastic . I had forgotten about this place but what a gemSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food and atmosphereSSfarmsDined on 9/19/2014This warm and inviting dining experience was a perfect find. The food was excellent and the wine list was great. It's a small more intimate restuarant with beautiful views of the Nashville skyline. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was a great experience, one we will defiantly do again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always wonderful foodBioniciDined on 9/18/2014One can't beat the food @ this restaurant. We had the plum pork and the roasted chicken. Juicy, properly spiced, and and a good amount. Also, try the fried green tomatoes. We've had these several times, and always enjoy the sweet tart taste of the tomatoes in the cafe prepared sauces.Special Features:
- Doesn't disappoint!WillBeBackDined on 9/13/2014Took my wife for her birthday. The food was great as always. We found this place several years ago and always come away happy and satisfied. My wife had the buffalo and I had the sirloin. Buffalo was so tender you could cut it with a fork. The Plum Pork and Chicken are also great. If you've never been, request a window seat the view of the Nashville skyline is great. Not for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDavidDined on 9/13/2014Perfect evening---atmosphere, service, food, wine, location were great! This is our second dinner at Germantown Cafe. First dinner was similar experience. Would highly recomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lawyerDined on 9/12/2014the food is really a great value for the price and there is a good view of the nashville skylineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Germantown CafeJoneseyDined on 9/11/2014This was our first time to dine at Germantown Cafe. The good and service were wonderful. I loved the intimate atmosphere. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food uninspiringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Three of us had the steak special for the evening. All three had the same opinion.... less than acceptable. Too chewy. The Mash potatoes and greens beans were equally as blah. Frankly a let down from previous experiences at the Germantown Cafe.
- UnremarkableSCHMJDined on 9/8/2014When patronizing an establishment for the first time, I generally rely on comments posted on this website and a perusal of the menu. I was disappointed with this visit. My entree of Duck was prepared the way I ordered it, however was served upon spaetzle which was "swimming" in excessive oil. This had been the follow-up to an appetizer (pork belly balls) which were also very oily. Any establishment can have an off-night, and I trust that this was simply one of those nights. Our server Carol was very pleasant and the bar pours generous. Their private parking lot affords an escape from the usual street parking, common in the Germantown neighborhood. Since I frequent the neighborhood often, I will return and look forward to a better experience
- My fav place 2 dine in Nashville!JPJCDined on 9/6/2014Love this place. Amazing food, ambience and service with a view of the city and convenient parking. What more could you ask for?? The plum pork is my favorite with squash fritters as an amazing unique appetizer. And they make great cocktails too! Whenever I'm in Nashville, this is my 'go-to' spot!!Special Features:
- FalconDined on 9/6/2014Almost a great experience. Had the duck not been overcooked and very late, my ratings would be higher.Special Features:
- Overall good experienceJMYUABDMBDined on 9/5/2014The food was good, however, did not blow me away, especially being in a town where there are a number of similar competitors. Service was a little slow, but nothing to go home unhappy about. Had the duck breast, which was superbly done, and the rolls was top notch.Special Features:
- An excellent dinnermaestra4Dined on 9/5/2014Met my college roommates from Chicago here. We tried three entrees and split dessert. Our waiter was attentive, the homemade rolls were delicious and there wasn't one entree that didn't meet our expectations. I am not a Key Lime Pie fan, but everyone said it was worth the calories. Highly recommend this to anyone visiting the area.Special Features:
- A great meal at Germantown CafeGaelicandGarlicTravelsVIPDined on 9/5/2014My wife and and I dined at Germantown Cafe the other day and it was, as usual, wonderful. My wife had the Plum Pork, one of her favorites. It was up to its usual high standards. I had the porchop special and it was great as well. The service was very good as well as was the wine we chose to have with our entree. All in all, a great experience. We will return.Special Features:
- BarryDined on 8/31/2014Germantown Cafe is one of those restaurants where the food is always good and the service is good to great. Have been eating at this establishment for the last ten years and have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- Mediocre at BestlibdooDined on 8/30/2014Most of the food was edible. Three of us ordered different dishes and were underwhelmed to put it mildly. Not everything came out as advertised on the menu, and special requests were ignored without apology. Service was impersonal, and while our waiter was fine, the other help was far from friendly. First one guy literally threw our menus down on the table and walked away without a word. The food runner dropped cheese swimming in salad dressing on my arm, looked at it, didn't acknowledge it. Vegetarian options sucked. I can't think of a single reason to go here.Special Features:
- OverratedKriaulDined on 8/30/2014Interior ok, but nothing special. Very loud inside. Waiter very good, didn't rush us. Food luke warm, and just ok. Wine very over priced. We won't be back.
- Great FindLuv2dineDined on 8/30/2014Excellent night out and romantic dinner for two with window seat view of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencesrc44Dined on 8/30/2014The food was great (especially the bread!). Service was incredible and waiter/host was very polite. Valet was also efficient and polite, despite the torrential downpour.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeBethVIPDined on 8/29/2014Had dinner on a Friday evening. Will definitely come back. Very cute ambiance and food was fantastic and creative. Loved the chicken and pork entrees and the crab cake appetizer was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PauladeenDined on 8/27/2014Always consistently good food and service. Menu varies some--which is good but always a nice selection.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Love Germantown Cafe. Can't go wrong with any of their entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014Mixed feeling because there was a hair in the salmon we ordered, but the manager replaced the entire meal very promptly. The second salmon was delicious. I would visit again when I visit Nashville again.
- Great meal in GermantownSakesakesakebombDined on 8/24/2014Had another great experience at Germantown Cafe. Staff is warm and friendly, and the food is delicious. Was lucky enough to have the same server I had last time - I think her name was Rebecca. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014It was restaurant week so the restaurant was very busy and loud. Not the normal crowd.
- Great ServiceTastyDined on 8/22/2014Carolyn is a wonderful waitress. I have food allergies and she helped coordinate a meal for meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.