1200 5th Avenue, North
Nashville, TN 37208Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.germantowncafe.com/
- Phone: 615-242-3226
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat - Sun: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Mon - Fri: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tue - Sat: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sun - Mon: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Mon - Fri: 3:00pm - 7:00pm, in bar only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Norton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Germantown Cafe offers a private dining room that accommodates up to 30 guests for a seated function. Semi-private space is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Jill Donaldson 6156365155
A word from Germantown Cafe
Located blocks from downtown Nashville, Germantown Cafe serves comfortable, creative, and affordable American food seven days a week. With a fantastic view of the Nashville skyline, Germantown Cafe the neighborhood cafe worth leaving your neighborhood for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Germantown Cafe - Best Restaurants in Germantown ›
Germantown Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (138)fit for foodies (91)scenic view (86)special occasion (84)romantic (74)great for brunch (41)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (25)good for groups (22)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Germantown Cafe is one of those restaurants where the food is always good and the service is good to great. Have been eating at this establishment for the last ten years and have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- Mediocre at BestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Most of the food was edible. Three of us ordered different dishes and were underwhelmed to put it mildly. Not everything came out as advertised on the menu, and special requests were ignored without apology. Service was impersonal, and while our waiter was fine, the other help was far from friendly. First one guy literally threw our menus down on the table and walked away without a word. The food runner dropped cheese swimming in salad dressing on my arm, looked at it, didn't acknowledge it. Vegetarian options sucked. I can't think of a single reason to go here.Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Interior ok, but nothing special. Very loud inside. Waiter very good, didn't rush us. Food luke warm, and just ok. Wine very over priced. We won't be back.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent night out and romantic dinner for two with window seat view of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The food was great (especially the bread!). Service was incredible and waiter/host was very polite. Valet was also efficient and polite, despite the torrential downpour.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeBethVIPDined on 8/29/2014Had dinner on a Friday evening. Will definitely come back. Very cute ambiance and food was fantastic and creative. Loved the chicken and pork entrees and the crab cake appetizer was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PauladeenDined on 8/27/2014Always consistently good food and service. Menu varies some--which is good but always a nice selection.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Love Germantown Cafe. Can't go wrong with any of their entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014Mixed feeling because there was a hair in the salmon we ordered, but the manager replaced the entire meal very promptly. The second salmon was delicious. I would visit again when I visit Nashville again.
- Great meal in GermantownSakesakesakebombDined on 8/24/2014Had another great experience at Germantown Cafe. Staff is warm and friendly, and the food is delicious. Was lucky enough to have the same server I had last time - I think her name was Rebecca. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014It was restaurant week so the restaurant was very busy and loud. Not the normal crowd.
- Great ServiceTastyDined on 8/22/2014Carolyn is a wonderful waitress. I have food allergies and she helped coordinate a meal for meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Delicious! All four of us enjoyed restaurant week dining with our favorite menu items...plum pork, the salmon, the chicken, the apple pie with cinnamon ice cream...at the 2014 price. The service was excellent. Our server went out of the way to help with the wine selection. Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local treasure - always greatNashNoshDined on 8/22/2014Our latest visit was during the wildly busy Nashville "Restaurant Week" celebration. Reservations at Germantown Cafe were hard to come by but we snagged a table for four by taking a slot at 5PM on a Friday. We arrived a little early so we grabbed a small table in the bar to have some drinks and snacks. The bartender pretty much dropped what he was doing to greet us. He suggested nibbles to share while we had our wine and cocktails, and reminded us that it was happy hour. With a packed bar he managed to keep an eye on us. We were seated promptly at 5. Our server was charming and professional, bringing courses quickly and paying close attention to the little things. The food is crazy good. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Never Lets Me DowngolferladyDined on 8/20/2014German Town Cafe never leta me down. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- ASmithDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed our meal at Germantown Cafe. They do require your entire party's presence before being seated, but they were gracious enough to seat us even though we were still waiting on a member who was stuck in traffic. We went during restaurant week, so we chose from a limited menu. We had a variety of entrees at the table and everyone enjoyed what they ordered, there were no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014We have been here for brunch as well as dinner. Food is always very good . Service is consistently wonderful. Germantown Cafe we will return !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nondairyterryDined on 8/16/2014Service was excellent. Kelly was friendly and attentive. My wife's pork with plumb sauce was very tasty and a far better choice than the crab cakes - too many little pieces of shell. The menu was limited for someone lactose intolerant like me. Few good vegetable choices. The wines were exceptional; had a wonderful French Bordeaux.Special Features:
- Mike2fromStLouisDined on 8/16/2014Came to Nashville from St. Louis to celebrate my wife's birthday. Excellent meal for a great low price. We walked in and were greeted with a happy birthday, and immediately taken to our seats. We read a great review in the paper and thought we would give it a try, very glad that we did. Even the valets were nice and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where to eat in NashvilleamericandinerDined on 8/16/2014A great experience from the time we were greeted until the last bite of delicious dessert. Everything came out in a timely manner prepared exactly as we ordered. Lots of interesting choices not only on the menu but also with the specials. The waiter was friendly and watched over us despite every table in the place being filled! Will make Germantown Cafe a must on our future visits to Nashville. And the view of the downtown skyline!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingGeedeeDined on 8/15/2014We have been to Germantown Cafe numerous times over the years and it has been consistently good. Not so much on this visit. The food was mediocre. One entree came out at room temperature at best. Another, the trout, was way to busy. All in all, no major complaints, it just wasn't as good as usual. They were less than half booked on a Friday evening. I'm not sure if this is a reflection on the food or increased competition. A little tweaking of the menu and more attention to plating and they will be back on track. One high point is their beignet-like rolls which are always outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice late evening dinnerLungdocDined on 8/14/2014Very pleasant. Not crowded on the particular Thursday evening at 8:15. Food was excellent. Waiter was attentive and earnest. View of the city was nice.Special Features:
- Best part of dinner was the drinksVillagemuteDined on 8/9/2014We've enjoyed the food at Germantown Cafe for years, but recently some of our favorite dishes on the menu have undergone an overhaul to our disappointment. However, we'll keep coming back as long as the cocktail menu remains constant and the service standard remains high. And the bread - keep the bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Looking for a smaller yet excellent restaurant to celebrate my birthday, we came across Germantown Cafe. The service was fantastic and the food was delicious. We truly enjoyed the overall atmosphere and the personalized service the staff offered to my family and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Meeting PlacewgbjrDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I have enjoyed GC for years. It is by far our favorite gathering spot, wheather it's a special date night or dinner with friends, always a hit. OSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- publisher73Dined on 8/4/2014First visit. Highly recommended. Great service and tasty cuisine. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Went there for a date. Incredible food, the flavors were all excellently matched and so rich. 5 out of 5, recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicesuebeeDined on 8/1/2014Great atmosphere-only negative menu selections pretty limitedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Germantown Cafe 8-30-14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Second time dining here. Food and service have been consistently very good. The dining room was a bit noisy this latest visit, but we could still carry on a conversation at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!AshleyDined on 7/26/2014I am never disappointed with Germantown Cafe. We booked this dinner for a quiet night out and were quite happy. We had a great table with a beautiful view of the city. I enjoy branching out on the food but often end up with the plum pork - it's so delicious! The rolls are worth the calories too! Our server was very knowledgable about the meal choices, including the specials, and the wine list. She made everything perfect! Overall, this is a solid restaurant that has earned it's place as one of the solid keystones of the Germantown neighborhood!Special Features:
- FavoriteWasperBobDined on 7/25/2014The salmon & plum pork continue to be the favorite entrees. Missed my favorite waitress 'Becky' but replacement was competent. Never a problem to worry about. Miss the 'Purple Rain' special cocktail on the menu.Special Features:
- Will definitely return!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Looking for a place to take business associates outside the honky-tonk zone, we were very happy to find the Germantown Cafe just a short drive away. Creative menu with enough southern dishes to satisfy everyone. Wait staff was attentive, nice selection of drinks, amazing pork belly tater tots and ample desserts. Some very nice vegan entrees, too. View of the downtown skyline added to the ambiance. Everyone really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Lives up to its reputationKeepPeaceDined on 7/24/2014Thursday early dinner before a concert. Tried the Germantown cocktail - not too sweet and just a bit of heat. We skipped appetizers and went straight to entrees. I had eggplant; friends had crab cakes and the fish special (drone?). All came with salad and all were very good. We agreed that Germantown Café is going to get our repeat business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greattankdaddyDined on 7/20/2014We've been going to Germantown Cafe for years, and it never disappoints. I tried a new dish this time, the roasted half-chicken. I thought there probably wasn't much you could do with a half-chicken, but I was wrong. It was so flavorful, juicy, and smelled amazing. The mashed potatoes with it were great too. And, our server was perfect at stopping by when needed but not hovering. We also sat at a booth that faces downtown, and the view became better as the sun went down. Like I said, Germantown is always great, and you get all this for prices that are not as crazy outrageous as a lot of other newer places. Our group of 6 ate for just over $200. My wife and I usually spend $100-125 for just the two of us at places that are just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulFamdineDined on 7/20/2014We had a very pleasant evening. Request a window table for a nice view. The food selections were enjoyed by all and ample servings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant in Nashvillejd87VIPDined on 7/20/2014I loved our dinner here. Food is very solid - nothing haute, but well cooked and put together. I especially liked the yeast rolls. Wine selection is smaller but good. Our server was lovely and knowledgeable. The restaurant has a nice view of downtown Nashville.Special Features:
- BigElVIPDined on 7/19/2014starting to look and feel dated; server was less than knowledgeableSpecial Features:
- Good night out with wifetflyDined on 7/19/2014Went to Nashville for a night out with the wife. Cafe is away from the noise of downtown, but close enough to walk back to the night life. Great food, good atmosphere, reasonable prices for a special night out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Anniversary dinnerMom2MonkiesDined on 7/19/2014We went to Germantown Cafe for our 10th anniversary on the advice of several friends, and were very pleased. The food was delicious and slightly different, but "normal" enough for my meat and potatoes husband. :) We tried the Pork Belly Tater Tots after reading such amazing reviews on them, but I'm not sure if the oil was too hot or they were fried too long- they just didn't taste good. However my husband's Pork with Plum sauce and my steak (special of the day) were quite good as were the pies we had for dessert- Apple and Key Lime. The price was much more than we would pay for a casual dinner, but since it was a big occasion I didn't mind the cost. With the menu online you know what to expect!Special Features:
- Terrific Find!CubieDined on 7/19/2014I have been to Germantown Café now twice in the last month with friends. The menu is varied with lots of choices for almost any taste. The food was incredible, beautifully prepared and presented and disappeared quickly. While it is very much a "happening" place, the number of people and noise is not the least intrusive to a good conversation between friends. The service was equally impressive.Special Features: