1200 5th Avenue, North
Nashville, TN 37208Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.germantowncafe.com/
- Phone: 615-242-3226
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat - Sun: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Mon - Fri: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tue - Sat: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sun - Mon: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Mon - Fri: 3:00pm - 7:00pm, in bar only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Norton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Germantown Cafe offers a private dining room that accommodates up to 30 guests for a seated function. Semi-private space is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Jill Donaldson 6156365155
A word from Germantown Cafe
Located blocks from downtown Nashville, Germantown Cafe serves comfortable, creative, and affordable American food seven days a week. With a fantastic view of the Nashville skyline, Germantown Cafe the neighborhood cafe worth leaving your neighborhood for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Germantown Cafe - Best Restaurants in Germantown ›
Germantown Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (143)fit for foodies (94)special occasion (84)scenic view (83)romantic (71)great for brunch (43)notable wine list (25)great for lunch (23)good for groups (20)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Doesn't disappoint!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Took my wife for her birthday. The food was great as always. We found this place several years ago and always come away happy and satisfied. My wife had the buffalo and I had the sirloin. Buffalo was so tender you could cut it with a fork. The Plum Pork and Chicken are also great. If you've never been, request a window seat the view of the Nashville skyline is great. Not for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Perfect evening---atmosphere, service, food, wine, location were great! This is our second dinner at Germantown Cafe. First dinner was similar experience. Would highly recomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014the food is really a great value for the price and there is a good view of the nashville skylineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Germantown CafeJoneseyDined on 9/11/2014This was our first time to dine at Germantown Cafe. The good and service were wonderful. I loved the intimate atmosphere. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food uninspiringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Three of us had the steak special for the evening. All three had the same opinion.... less than acceptable. Too chewy. The Mash potatoes and greens beans were equally as blah. Frankly a let down from previous experiences at the Germantown Cafe.
- UnremarkableSCHMJDined on 9/8/2014When patronizing an establishment for the first time, I generally rely on comments posted on this website and a perusal of the menu. I was disappointed with this visit. My entree of Duck was prepared the way I ordered it, however was served upon spaetzle which was "swimming" in excessive oil. This had been the follow-up to an appetizer (pork belly balls) which were also very oily. Any establishment can have an off-night, and I trust that this was simply one of those nights. Our server Carol was very pleasant and the bar pours generous. Their private parking lot affords an escape from the usual street parking, common in the Germantown neighborhood. Since I frequent the neighborhood often, I will return and look forward to a better experience
- My fav place 2 dine in Nashville!JPJCDined on 9/6/2014Love this place. Amazing food, ambience and service with a view of the city and convenient parking. What more could you ask for?? The plum pork is my favorite with squash fritters as an amazing unique appetizer. And they make great cocktails too! Whenever I'm in Nashville, this is my 'go-to' spot!!Special Features:
- FalconDined on 9/6/2014Almost a great experience. Had the duck not been overcooked and very late, my ratings would be higher.Special Features:
- Overall good experienceJMYUABDMBDined on 9/5/2014The food was good, however, did not blow me away, especially being in a town where there are a number of similar competitors. Service was a little slow, but nothing to go home unhappy about. Had the duck breast, which was superbly done, and the rolls was top notch.Special Features:
- An excellent dinnermaestra4Dined on 9/5/2014Met my college roommates from Chicago here. We tried three entrees and split dessert. Our waiter was attentive, the homemade rolls were delicious and there wasn't one entree that didn't meet our expectations. I am not a Key Lime Pie fan, but everyone said it was worth the calories. Highly recommend this to anyone visiting the area.Special Features:
- A great meal at Germantown CafeGaelicandGarlicTravelsVIPDined on 9/5/2014My wife and and I dined at Germantown Cafe the other day and it was, as usual, wonderful. My wife had the Plum Pork, one of her favorites. It was up to its usual high standards. I had the porchop special and it was great as well. The service was very good as well as was the wine we chose to have with our entree. All in all, a great experience. We will return.Special Features:
- BarryDined on 8/31/2014Germantown Cafe is one of those restaurants where the food is always good and the service is good to great. Have been eating at this establishment for the last ten years and have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- Mediocre at BestlibdooDined on 8/30/2014Most of the food was edible. Three of us ordered different dishes and were underwhelmed to put it mildly. Not everything came out as advertised on the menu, and special requests were ignored without apology. Service was impersonal, and while our waiter was fine, the other help was far from friendly. First one guy literally threw our menus down on the table and walked away without a word. The food runner dropped cheese swimming in salad dressing on my arm, looked at it, didn't acknowledge it. Vegetarian options sucked. I can't think of a single reason to go here.Special Features:
- OverratedKriaulDined on 8/30/2014Interior ok, but nothing special. Very loud inside. Waiter very good, didn't rush us. Food luke warm, and just ok. Wine very over priced. We won't be back.
- Great FindLuv2dineDined on 8/30/2014Excellent night out and romantic dinner for two with window seat view of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencesrc44Dined on 8/30/2014The food was great (especially the bread!). Service was incredible and waiter/host was very polite. Valet was also efficient and polite, despite the torrential downpour.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeBethVIPDined on 8/29/2014Had dinner on a Friday evening. Will definitely come back. Very cute ambiance and food was fantastic and creative. Loved the chicken and pork entrees and the crab cake appetizer was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PauladeenDined on 8/27/2014Always consistently good food and service. Menu varies some--which is good but always a nice selection.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Love Germantown Cafe. Can't go wrong with any of their entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014Mixed feeling because there was a hair in the salmon we ordered, but the manager replaced the entire meal very promptly. The second salmon was delicious. I would visit again when I visit Nashville again.
- Great meal in GermantownSakesakesakebombDined on 8/24/2014Had another great experience at Germantown Cafe. Staff is warm and friendly, and the food is delicious. Was lucky enough to have the same server I had last time - I think her name was Rebecca. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014It was restaurant week so the restaurant was very busy and loud. Not the normal crowd.
- Great ServiceTastyDined on 8/22/2014Carolyn is a wonderful waitress. I have food allergies and she helped coordinate a meal for meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Delicious! All four of us enjoyed restaurant week dining with our favorite menu items...plum pork, the salmon, the chicken, the apple pie with cinnamon ice cream...at the 2014 price. The service was excellent. Our server went out of the way to help with the wine selection. Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local treasure - always greatNashNoshDined on 8/22/2014Our latest visit was during the wildly busy Nashville "Restaurant Week" celebration. Reservations at Germantown Cafe were hard to come by but we snagged a table for four by taking a slot at 5PM on a Friday. We arrived a little early so we grabbed a small table in the bar to have some drinks and snacks. The bartender pretty much dropped what he was doing to greet us. He suggested nibbles to share while we had our wine and cocktails, and reminded us that it was happy hour. With a packed bar he managed to keep an eye on us. We were seated promptly at 5. Our server was charming and professional, bringing courses quickly and paying close attention to the little things. The food is crazy good. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Never Lets Me DowngolferladyDined on 8/20/2014German Town Cafe never leta me down. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- ASmithDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed our meal at Germantown Cafe. They do require your entire party's presence before being seated, but they were gracious enough to seat us even though we were still waiting on a member who was stuck in traffic. We went during restaurant week, so we chose from a limited menu. We had a variety of entrees at the table and everyone enjoyed what they ordered, there were no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014We have been here for brunch as well as dinner. Food is always very good . Service is consistently wonderful. Germantown Cafe we will return !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nondairyterryDined on 8/16/2014Service was excellent. Kelly was friendly and attentive. My wife's pork with plumb sauce was very tasty and a far better choice than the crab cakes - too many little pieces of shell. The menu was limited for someone lactose intolerant like me. Few good vegetable choices. The wines were exceptional; had a wonderful French Bordeaux.Special Features:
- Mike2fromStLouisDined on 8/16/2014Came to Nashville from St. Louis to celebrate my wife's birthday. Excellent meal for a great low price. We walked in and were greeted with a happy birthday, and immediately taken to our seats. We read a great review in the paper and thought we would give it a try, very glad that we did. Even the valets were nice and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where to eat in NashvilleamericandinerDined on 8/16/2014A great experience from the time we were greeted until the last bite of delicious dessert. Everything came out in a timely manner prepared exactly as we ordered. Lots of interesting choices not only on the menu but also with the specials. The waiter was friendly and watched over us despite every table in the place being filled! Will make Germantown Cafe a must on our future visits to Nashville. And the view of the downtown skyline!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingGeedeeDined on 8/15/2014We have been to Germantown Cafe numerous times over the years and it has been consistently good. Not so much on this visit. The food was mediocre. One entree came out at room temperature at best. Another, the trout, was way to busy. All in all, no major complaints, it just wasn't as good as usual. They were less than half booked on a Friday evening. I'm not sure if this is a reflection on the food or increased competition. A little tweaking of the menu and more attention to plating and they will be back on track. One high point is their beignet-like rolls which are always outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice late evening dinnerLungdocDined on 8/14/2014Very pleasant. Not crowded on the particular Thursday evening at 8:15. Food was excellent. Waiter was attentive and earnest. View of the city was nice.Special Features:
- Best part of dinner was the drinksVillagemuteDined on 8/9/2014We've enjoyed the food at Germantown Cafe for years, but recently some of our favorite dishes on the menu have undergone an overhaul to our disappointment. However, we'll keep coming back as long as the cocktail menu remains constant and the service standard remains high. And the bread - keep the bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Looking for a smaller yet excellent restaurant to celebrate my birthday, we came across Germantown Cafe. The service was fantastic and the food was delicious. We truly enjoyed the overall atmosphere and the personalized service the staff offered to my family and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Meeting PlacewgbjrDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I have enjoyed GC for years. It is by far our favorite gathering spot, wheather it's a special date night or dinner with friends, always a hit. OSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- publisher73Dined on 8/4/2014First visit. Highly recommended. Great service and tasty cuisine. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Went there for a date. Incredible food, the flavors were all excellently matched and so rich. 5 out of 5, recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicesuebeeDined on 8/1/2014Great atmosphere-only negative menu selections pretty limitedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Germantown Cafe 8-30-14SFAdventureDined on 7/30/2014Second time dining here. Food and service have been consistently very good. The dining room was a bit noisy this latest visit, but we could still carry on a conversation at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.