1200 5th Avenue, North
Nashville, TN 37208Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.germantowncafe.com/
- Phone: (615) 242-3226
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat - Sun: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Mon - Fri: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tue - Sat: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sun - Mon: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Mon - Fri: 3:00pm - 7:00pm, in bar only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Norton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Germantown Cafe offers a private dining room that accommodates up to 30 guests for a seated function. Semi-private space is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Jill Donaldson 6156365155
A word from Germantown Cafe
Located blocks from downtown Nashville, Germantown Cafe serves comfortable, creative, and affordable American food seven days a week. With a fantastic view of the Nashville skyline, Germantown Cafe the neighborhood cafe worth leaving your neighborhood for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Germantown Cafe - Best Restaurants in Germantown ›
Germantown Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (141)fit for foodies (99)scenic view (82)special occasion (78)romantic (72)great for brunch (31)notable wine list (31)good for groups (30)hot spot (29)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Unexpected disapoinmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014We have been a regular at this restaurant. It has become one of our favorites. We had not been there for about 3 to 4 months. The menu had changed for the season and we both agree it is the lowest quality we have experienced there. The ingredients were good but the taste was poor. We will be going elsewhere until the menu changes.Special Features:
- Good for taking my Vanderbilt grandson to dinner.SandyDined on 11/19/2014We enjoyed choosing from the variety of menu items, and the choices turned out to be tasty. The attentive waiter kept up with my grandson's propensity to empty his water glass very often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Nashville favoritesSeeFoodDietDined on 11/18/2014I love Germantown Cafe, but this visit I ordered the grouper and it was a mess. It was over cooked and worse, over salted. Everything else we ate was delicious, and the fried bread will keep me coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plum GoodWasperBobDined on 11/15/2014Always the best. The plum pork & salmon are personal favs ! Great to see the NY strip back. Service is always prompt, friendly, attentive but not overly inquiring, courteous & even respectful. Missed having Becky Baird as waitress but substitute was almost a clone. Hope things remain the same...................not much else that's good in the world does.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very consistent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014One of my favorite spots. The food is excellent and they are very accomodating. We were late for our reservation and they made adjustments. Thanks,Special Features:
- Germantown Cafe2oldfoodiesDined on 11/8/2014I have eaten at the Germantown Café many times & always have had a good dining experience. Our dinner Saturday night was terrible! The fried green tomatoes were heavily battered & overcooked. The talapia special was awful! Soups & rolls were good. Our server was excellent. We will not be going back for awhile. Too many other good restaurants in Nashville.Special Features:
- Good food with a fair price.MAT8Dined on 11/8/2014Good overall experience. Definitely a keeper on places to go to enjoy a reasonably priced meal. Unlike most of the Nashville "hot spots," this one isn't over priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just incrediblehland33Dined on 11/8/2014This week, while in Nashville I was on a very tight schedule, and finding time (and a convenient place) while wanting to enjoy a great meal off Broadway, I actually went back to the Germantown Cafe for the second time in 5 days. And not to my surprise, the level of quality of food and service was as good as the first time. The menu choices are sufficient and varied so that, even while eating there twice in such a shor time, each meal was unique and totally satisfying. And the service is wonderful, with every server totally aware of the menu items, the specials, and eager to help you with a recommendation. The Germantown Cafe is a "go to" place and if you go, you will never be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great restaurantDinewithfriendsDined on 11/7/2014The atmosphere reminds me of a New York restaurant. A gem tucked away in a quaint neighborhood . Our server was excellent full of personality and very knowledgeable of the menu. We will most definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nashville's Hidden Gemhland33Dined on 11/4/2014I feel a little guilty about keeping the Germantown Cafe to myself, but now it's time to tell the world. Every time I am in Nashville, I make sure to take the 1 mile drive brom Broadway to have dinner at the Germantown Cafe. It is so worthwhile to escape the honky tanks and enjoy the truly fine dining that you experience here. From appetizer to dessert, every item on the menu is a memorable taste experience, and the friendly and efficient staff is always there to cater to your every need. So, if you're in Nashville, leave the hustle and bustle behind for a couple of hours and head over to the Germantown Cafe. It will become your "go to" restaurant too.Special Features:
- One of our favorite Nashville spotsEdward614Dined on 11/1/2014It's hard to highlight what makes Germantown Cafe so good other than consistency. The food is good, the service is good and I can consistently get a table. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One thing you can count onWolfgangVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had not been to Germantown Cafe in over a year. The Plum Pork and the Blackened Grouper were as delicious as we remembered them from our past dining experiences. The wait staff was very friendly and helped with the wine selection. All in all..a very safe decision for great value and great taste.Special Features:
- Wonderful findPumpkinloverDined on 10/26/2014We all enjoyed our varying selections--my crab cakes were delicious. They were mostly crab with very few bread crumbs. The mashed potatoes were smooth and had a wonderful taste. I also loved my pumpkin bisque and plan to have that again. My daughter and her husband were visiting from out of town--they ate at GC both nights of their visit. We had no room for dessert--maybe next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, Above Average FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014My wife and I were impressed with the service, but the food was above average, especially for the price.Special Features:
- Dinner After the Matinee 10/25/14GordoKYDined on 10/25/2014Dinner at Germantown Café was excellent. I had made reservations for two couples through Open Table and included a note about our desire to dine after watching the end of our team's football game on their bar TV, along with cocktails. Unfortunately, I was informed by a cellphone message their bar TV had been removed and that element was missing from our evening's plans. Germantown Café is very convenient to TPAC and easy to find. The view of capital hill is one of the best in the city. The wine selection was very good and the food (I had the duck) and service was excellent. I tasted my wife's plum pork and it was just as good as my duck breast. Sauces are outstanding. This was not our first visit and all have been enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our visit to NashvillePemfam2014Dined on 10/23/2014We were referred to Germantown Cafe by our hotel downtown and were so happy we went! The food was delicious, the service was perfect, and the ambiance wonderful. It was our honeymoon and the manager helped us pick a lovely wine to celebrate and our server had perfect timing and was lovely to talk to about the city. The food was amazing - highly recommend the grouper and creme brûlée. We loved getting away from the buzz of downtown to this neighborhood gem where they didn't rush us through dinner and encouraged us to savor every moment in their lovely establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding foodphillygirlDined on 10/18/2014This was a lovely restaurant. simple decor and fabulous service. the presentation was very creative and I would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nashville gemItsmeeh1VIPDined on 10/13/2014We were in Nashville for a weekend trip and decided to try Germantown Café because the menu looked great and the price is reasonable. My husband and I tremendously enjoyed every course that we had at Germantown Café. It was such a wonderful experience from the service to the food and the cocktails. I loved that it was not in downtown (parking meters were hassle) and had a wonderful scenic view of the city. We definitely will be back to dine again the next time our travels brings us back to Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too pricey for what you getBarbDined on 10/11/2014This used to be priced moderately. Prices have almost doubled. I would rather go to better restaurant for this priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed on Duck dish.MissieDined on 10/10/2014The duck was not good. It was not cooked well enough. In fact, it was so under cooked that I couldn't cut through it. Brought it home to finish cooking it. I have eaten there many times and will again but choose crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCCJBTDined on 10/4/2014Food not up to the quality I have had in the past.Special Features:
- schmittie215VIPDined on 10/3/2014As always, this restaurant never disappoints! Loved The Great Pumpkin cocktail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014First time my wife and I ate there. Good food, nice atmosphere, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddisappointedDined on 10/2/2014Have eaten here many times before and previously always had good food - but this time was terrible and we were embarrassed to be entertaining out-of-town guests. What went wrong? The trout and salmon tasted horribly. The place was very quiet leading us to think others had formed the same impression - yet this used to be one of top rated places for food.
- Oh, but the skyline!Cnwms34Dined on 9/30/2014I forgot how beautiful Nashville's skyline was until eating at the Cafe. Guess I was just taking it all for granted:) The food was superb, and then I turned around to look at the window. I didn't realize how elevated we were. It was night time and the view was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Night OutChrisDined on 9/27/2014Back to the Germantown Cafe after almost a year, and we won't wait that long before returning. Everything was wonderful. A real treat.Special Features:
- Perfect birthday dinner!KaitlinDined on 9/27/2014My family and I absolutely loved our dinner here. The service was outstanding (Becky, our waitress, and Ryan at the front were particularly fantastic and helpful). Our respective meals were DELICIOUS--highly recommend the coconut curry salmon, the plum pork, and the crab cakes. The ambiance was perfect, and our meal was just lovely. We will absolutely return and will recommend Germantown Cafe to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Perfect portions of flavorfull dishes. Everything was very good. We will reserve a table whenever we are in town.Special Features:
- GreatkatebDined on 9/20/2014We had a great dinner here that was topped off with really friendly & thoughtful customer service. The front staff was cheerful and warm. Our server was as well, but the topper was at the end of the night when we requested a taxi. I don't know if he was the manager or owner, but he made every effort to assist on getting us a ride back into town. After calling a car, he kept checking on us outside and calling the car service to check on the status. Our experience the previous night was far different. The crab cakes were yummy as was that key lime pie, but honestly, what sticks is how nicely we were treated! If I lived in Nashville, I'd make this my regular joint.Special Features:
- Great Dinner, Great FriendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Decided to take a first time out of towner to dinner. Everything was perfect. Got there a little 3 early and stopped at the bar. Great knowledgeable bar tender/host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014This place was great and the service was fantastic . I had forgotten about this place but what a gemSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food and atmosphereSSfarmsDined on 9/19/2014This warm and inviting dining experience was a perfect find. The food was excellent and the wine list was great. It's a small more intimate restuarant with beautiful views of the Nashville skyline. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was a great experience, one we will defiantly do again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always wonderful foodBioniciDined on 9/18/2014One can't beat the food @ this restaurant. We had the plum pork and the roasted chicken. Juicy, properly spiced, and and a good amount. Also, try the fried green tomatoes. We've had these several times, and always enjoy the sweet tart taste of the tomatoes in the cafe prepared sauces.Special Features:
- Doesn't disappoint!WillBeBackDined on 9/13/2014Took my wife for her birthday. The food was great as always. We found this place several years ago and always come away happy and satisfied. My wife had the buffalo and I had the sirloin. Buffalo was so tender you could cut it with a fork. The Plum Pork and Chicken are also great. If you've never been, request a window seat the view of the Nashville skyline is great. Not for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDavidDined on 9/13/2014Perfect evening---atmosphere, service, food, wine, location were great! This is our second dinner at Germantown Cafe. First dinner was similar experience. Would highly recomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lawyerDined on 9/12/2014the food is really a great value for the price and there is a good view of the nashville skylineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Germantown CafeJoneseyDined on 9/11/2014This was our first time to dine at Germantown Cafe. The good and service were wonderful. I loved the intimate atmosphere. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food uninspiringOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/9/2014Three of us had the steak special for the evening. All three had the same opinion.... less than acceptable. Too chewy. The Mash potatoes and greens beans were equally as blah. Frankly a let down from previous experiences at the Germantown Cafe.
- UnremarkableSCHMJDined on 9/8/2014When patronizing an establishment for the first time, I generally rely on comments posted on this website and a perusal of the menu. I was disappointed with this visit. My entree of Duck was prepared the way I ordered it, however was served upon spaetzle which was "swimming" in excessive oil. This had been the follow-up to an appetizer (pork belly balls) which were also very oily. Any establishment can have an off-night, and I trust that this was simply one of those nights. Our server Carol was very pleasant and the bar pours generous. Their private parking lot affords an escape from the usual street parking, common in the Germantown neighborhood. Since I frequent the neighborhood often, I will return and look forward to a better experience
- My fav place 2 dine in Nashville!JPJCDined on 9/6/2014Love this place. Amazing food, ambience and service with a view of the city and convenient parking. What more could you ask for?? The plum pork is my favorite with squash fritters as an amazing unique appetizer. And they make great cocktails too! Whenever I'm in Nashville, this is my 'go-to' spot!!Special Features: