300 South High Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.germanostrattoria.com/
- Phone: 4107524515
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 11:30am-10:00pm (Dinner all day), Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Germano Fabiani
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: GERMANO'S offers two private dining rooms, seating up to 40 and 80. Business functions, wedding rehearsal dinners, organizational meetings. Group dining menus developed for each event. The entire restaurant seats 180 and may be reserved for private functions. See GERMANO's website (www.germanostrattoria.com) for sample menus and details, or contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Donald Kennedy 4107524515
- Entertainment: GERMANO'S offers an ongoing Cabaret each Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening. Performances 7:30-9:00pm. Cabaret menu available before and during show. $10 cover per person. For information on upcoming performers and other special events, see GERMANO'S website (www.germanostrattoria.com) or contact restaurant directly. Seating in Cabaret Room is limited, and early reservations are recommended.
- Special Events: CABARET at GERMANO'S! Cabaret entertainment and dining each Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings (some Sundays, too!). Visit www.germanostrattoria.com and click on Calendar of Events for full schedule. Voted BEST CABARET,2010, Baltimore Magazine!
A word from GERMANO'S Trattoria
For thirty years, GERMANO'S Trattoria has been a local favorite and a destination for travelers searching for an "authentic Italian" touch. Nestled within the bustle of Baltimore's Little Italy, GERMANO'S features the cuisine of Tuscany, native region of owner Germano Fabiani. LIVE CABARET EVERY THURSDAY,FRIDAY AND SATURDAY EVENING! RESERVE EARLY! CALL FOR INFO! Three warm dining rooms, cozy bar, vintage European posters. Brisk, polished service. Top dishes include Osso Buco, Grilled Whole Branzino, Red Beet Ravioli, Bongo-Bongo. Lunch and Dinner daily. Full bar, very reasonable wine list featuring selections from Tuscany, California and around the world. Private dining rooms available for groups of up to 80 guests. Valet parking. Complimentary shuttle service for guests of downtown hotels.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
GERMANO'S Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
- AwfulBigZDined on 10/29/2013Do not to go this place. Trying to change to save from bk. new partners brought on to save place. Will be gone in a yearSpecial Features:
- New, but not better, menuRunningMommaDined on 10/11/2013My husband and I made reservations here the night before the Baltimore Running Festival, so that we could carb load before our race. We'd been to Germano's before, and I viewed their menu online hours before our reservation. When we got there, the menu had been completely changed over to small plates. There was no pasta entrees. In Little Italy. Ridiculous. We got up and went to Chipiarelli's. You want to hop on the small plates bandwagon, fine, but if you're going to stay in Little Italy, you need to put PASTA ENTREES on your menu. Not what we expected AT ALL. I've never walked out of a restaurant like that before. And they should change their website, because it reflects the old menu, which was really good.
- Saw a fabulous cabaret act...MaryDianatheluckyDined on 9/18/2013Saw a fabulous cabaret act...Mary Reilly...don't miss her! Understand they have cabaret five notes a week. Fun evening in a cozy atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as I remembered.CooksDined on 9/7/2013It had been over 10 years since I had the opportunity to eat here. I had memories of great food in the past. First the bread, made fresh, was good but not great. The carpaccio was very good but the calamari friti was average. Of the four entrees we ordered, One was a hit (gnocchi), one a flavorless miss, and two were ok. I expected better. Our waiter was very nice, but he was slow and the so was the service. It took an exceptionally long time for the food to arrive. I should have known what I was in for when I noticed that all the waiters and service personnel all wore T-shirts with the restaurants name silk screened on the front. Not the attire of a good restaurant
- A quiet , pleasant Labor Day supperBmoredinerDined on 9/2/2013Our experience at Germano's was probably atypical: Labor Day, the aftermath of Baltimore's Grand Prix, very quiet. Most of the time there were only two tables in the dining room occupied! That said, we had a very enjoyable dining experience. Germano's includes an excellent house salad with most entrees, and the house bread was accompanied by an excellent tapenade. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his rockfish, and the mushroom ravioli, while a bit on the oily side, was quite flavorful. We almost skipped dessert but allowed ourselves to be tempted by the house specialty, a pyramid of four sizeable cream puffs glazed with dark chocolate-delicious! In addition, Germano's is not quite as pricy as most Little Italy restaurants, an added plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was overpriced for whatcriticVIPDined on 8/25/2013Food was overpriced for what you got. Server was very nice. I will not return.
- My Rollatini di Pollo wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2013My Rollatini di Pollo was a little salty...but we had a nice time. The waiter, Nacho, was wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2013Germano's was one of the two best places we dined at in Baltimore. I would definitely recommend it to a friend or family member. Our server was very attentive and knew the menu choices to a tee. The food was exceptionally good and the price was right. Would definitely dine here again if we ever return to Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice leisurely lunch :)sushiloveVIPDined on 7/22/2013We enjoyed our visit to your restaurant for lunch. The beet ravioli was outstanding...as is the tapenade. Our server took very good care of us and explained in detail the sauce accompaniment for the ravioli...which sold me instantly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet place and delicious foodLebaneseTavernaDined on 7/7/2013Love coming here, the food is always great and the wine is reasonable.Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2013We had a very nice experience at Germano's. The restaurant appealed to my son, who's 8 years old and my parents, who are in their 70's. The food was authentic and nicely prepared and the service was attentive and friendly. We would definitely go back to Germano's and recommend the restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!MikeDined on 6/9/2013i took my brother from out of town (he lives in Northern Calif) along with my daughter and her boyfriend for lunch on a Sunday at this restaurant. The food was really great. I would certainly recommend this place to anyone wanting great Italian food as well as those that may be visiting the area from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2013My wife and I had dinner at Germano's before going to the Everyman Theatre. A very pleasant meal for the both of us. My wife had salmon and I had the veal. Perfectly cooked and served. The Canopus for dessert were among the best I've ever had. Service was very good; timely, but not intrusive. I would definitely recommend Germano's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dazed and ConfusedSmokyRoomVIPDined on 4/20/2013The maitre d was confused when we arrived and was just seating people whilly nilly, regardless of reservations or who has stood in line longest. After sitting at the table for over 20 mns without any server paying attention to us, we asked a server walking by who our server was supposed to be. She was nice, but was surprised that "Zach" had not stopped by to wait on us yet. The food was terrible. The chicken and the veal were both tough and overcooked. After waiting 10 mns for the appetizer, the server told us they were out of it. Weird experience and the restaurant staff was very dysfunctional. I received an email from Open Table later after we dined that our reservation was "cancelled" by Germanos. Will definetely never go back.
- We enjoyed our dinner withJoMomDined on 4/19/2013We enjoyed our dinner with friends at Germano's last Friday night. We arrived about 6:30 PM and were shown right to our seats. Our waiter was extremely nice, helpful and competent. I think his name was Ignacio. The food was delicious. We had a small pizza as an appetizer that was yummy. I had the veal marsala and it was outstanding. The side salads that come with the meal were good, too. We sat in a room on the first level that was rather dingy. Otherwise I would have rated Germano's as very good or excellent. I did appreciate the noise level. We could chat with our friends and could hear each other! No loud music. Yay!
- Restaurant mostly empty, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/17/2013Restaurant mostly empty, but food still slow from the kitchen. Generally pathetic food. Wait staff tried but no saving the experience.
- Don't Go To Germano'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013This was probably the worst meal I have had in years. The service was extremely good, but the food was terrible. Both my wife and I agreed we would never come back. The fish was tasteless, the seafood tasted as if it came from a frozen package. And the linguini must have been straight from a Chef Boy-R-Dee can. We had to pay additional to order from their "special" menu, as we were using a Living Social voucher...it wasn't worth it. I truly feel that we were ripped off. How this place stays in business is a wonder.
- We had a wonderful time, andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013We had a wonderful time, and never felt rushed or like the waitress wanted you to leave. great experience.Special Features:
- Food and service and atmosphereToriBrandVIPDined on 4/6/2013Food and service and atmosphere has deteriorated since our last visit. I have never had a worse grilled romaine salad with melted cheese on top! Gross. The house salad was inedible because the dressing drenched it. Why serve potatoes with the bronzini and a side of linguini. Why not a fresh vegetable. The fish was properly cooked and tasty. That was it. Also, they used to have half-price wine. The server quickly offered us 30% off. But would not have done so if we hadn't asked about that, because the table next to us was being offered things that we were never offered. Not consistent. Slow service.
- Nice Italian restaurant inveracruiserVIPDined on 3/31/2013Nice Italian restaurant in Baltimore's 'Little Italy.' Good mix of standards and not-so-standards (lobster ravioli, for example); ditto for sauces. Good salads -- fresh ingredients. Wine list is quite long and, as you'd expect, Italian reds and whites predominate, with fairly reasonable prices but very few wines by the glass. Service is friendly but can be somewhat slow.
- Horrible ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2013I went to Germano’s last week and had a horrible experience. The manager seems to have no concept of what customer service/satisfaction is. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- The food was okay but a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2013The food was okay but a bit uninspired and unremarkable.
- Such a great dinner. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013Such a great dinner. Very romantic for the date I went on with my girlfriend.Special Features:
- Veal Marsala was outstanding!MooseVIPDined on 3/13/2013Veal Marsala was outstanding! Hands down, the best I've ever had.Compliments to the Chef!!!!Special Features:
- This place was just okay toBr33zyDined on 3/9/2013This place was just okay to me....nothing fantastic that would make me keep coming back. The food was tasty but normal italian food, nothing unique. Also, it was a little pricey for what you got.
- I was thoroughly UNDERwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/9/2013I was thoroughly UNDERwhelmed by this restaurant. I was glaringly obvious that the restaurant is cutting every corner it can to make money selling Groupons. All to the entrees were over priced and only mediocre. The best and obviously most popular appetizers and entrees had been moved from the regular menu to a "Today's specials" list so that they wouldn't be included in the groupon. The gnocchi in brown butter sage was a boring plate of gnocchi swimming in melted butter with almost no seasoning. And that was the most memorable of the entrees. Thank god we did have the groupon. Without it, this totally bland meal would have cost $45 per person before tip.
- Not very crowded on a weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2013Not very crowded on a weekend night, which was good. The house salad was not good-just some greens and one cherry tomato sliced in half. Bread was good-seemed home made. Had a fish dish and it was nicely done. Waitress was lovely but disappeared for long stretches while we waited for a fork, the bill. Cost us over $100 for 1 appetizer, 2 entrees and some wine. Overall not horrible but won't be returning.
- We really enjoyed our foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/2/2013We really enjoyed our food - it was outstanding. The Cabaret was scheduled upstairs and there definitely was not enough staff to provide the level of service that the restaurant needed that night. Friends of ours had been there a month before and said the food and service were both outstanding. I think if a Cabaret is scheduled more staff needs to be scheduled as well. The waitress did a great job she just had too many customers and the bartender seemed like he needed some help.Special Features:
- Husband and I met out-of-townOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Husband and I met out-of-town friends - their first dinner in Little Italy. Husband and I loved it (as usual); friends were delighted with food, wine, service and overall experience. Thanks for a great evening!
- The food was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013The food was good but the front of the house and the servers were a mess. They even reported to you that our reservation had been canceled but they greeted us, asked us if we had a reservation and then seated us. They never asked us our name which we thought was odd but as the night advanced, we understood how weak the front house was.
- Overall pleased, but waitressCarlosDined on 2/13/2013Overall pleased, but waitress started by telling us,how she was so tired due to her husband being out of town and her having to care for numerous rescue animals. Still we made the best of our night.Special Features:
- Bad PR moveCrabCakeLoverVIPDined on 2/10/2013This was my third time at Germano's in the last 3 months and the quality of food has deteriorated greatly. It was extremely bland and uninspired. Our server did a fantastic job, but she explained that since we had a Groupon many of the entrees and appetizers were only available to us with an additional upcharge from $6-12 each! This was not the case when we dined there with a Groupon a few weeks ago. Seemed a bit obvious that they had oversold Groupons! This left a very bad "taste in our mouths". We don't intend to go back. We were very disappointed. Their choice is such a bad PR move for them.
- Our waiter was an opera singerldavisDined on 2/7/2013Our waiter was an opera singer and he serenaded us. It was lovely. Food was delicious, wine was great.Special Features:
- The food was really good,NoMoreBdayDinnerHereDined on 1/28/2013The food was really good, we ordered grilled calamari, and it was perfectly cooked. The pasta was a little bit too soft for me, but the sauce was great.Special Features:
- Food was not great but forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2013Food was not great but for the price i could not get upset. I think they try and the servicer was warm in attitude and efficient.Overall a pleasnt evening
- The food was awful. The bestcoldstkVIPDined on 12/27/2012The food was awful. The best thing we ate was the bread. I would pass especially when there are so many GOOD restaurants in Little Italy. I was quite shocked!
- Great food but services wasLiNaDined on 12/26/2012Great food but services was a bit slow. Had two waitress who were nice but seem to be spread thin in servicing the cutomers.Special Features:
- The food was very good. SeriveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012The food was very good. Serive was good and friendly. Our waiter had an amazing singing voice, too!Special Features:
- Loved it there! The foodkmfoodieDined on 12/17/2012Loved it there! The food was incredible and our server was very knowledgable about the food and the wines that they had to offer. I would highly recommend Germano's!Special Features:
- We have not been to GermanosOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/15/2012We have not been to Germanos for several years. I ordered the whole grilled rockfish which was very overdone. The lobster raviloi was very good, as was the grilled calimari. The side of patsa with red sauce was pasty. We wanted the Ossa Bucca, they were out and it was 6:00 on a Saturday night. I guerss they didn't make any that day. Not sure I will go back.