9415 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati, OH 45242Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.germanosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (513) 794-1155
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Germano's Ristorante
Germano's, located in the quaint gaslight section of downtown Montgomery, has been consistently delighting patrons with the finest Italian cuisine since 1986. Chef owner Domenico Germano hails from the Molise region, but Germano's fare showcases a mastery of authentic sauces and preparations from all over Italy. Germano's diverse menu includes fresh seafood, the finest center-cut beef and veal, and wonderful pasta dishes, all prepared with heart and soul, and served by a knowledgeable and friendly staff. Domenico's wife, Angelina prepares all of the delicious desserts, including her renowned raspberry pie and tira mi su. Wine lovers can rejoice as Germano's wine list is one of the most extensive in Cincinnati, including an unparalleled selection of aged Italian classics. Germano's accommodates private parties and offers carry-out, including a limited family-style carry-out menu. When dining at Germano's, let Chef Domenico know you're there.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Germano's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Germano's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (27)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (18)good for groups (11)great for lunch (8)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Another Great Experience at Germano'sBigboardDined on 11/22/2014We make a pre-Christmas shopping excursion to Cincinnati every year at about this time and dinner at Germano's has become part of that tradition. We have never had anything but wonderful hospitality and food at this family-run restaurant. This time, my wife and daughter had veal saltimbocca (one of the many items not on the menu that they will prepare for you), our granddaughter had the filet, and I had veal tips with risotto. Everything was perfect, including a great glass of 100% sangiovese wine. We will be back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian without going to Italy!PaulDined on 11/21/2014I've dined at Germaon's many times over the years and have never been disappointed. Yes, I've been to the others but for the best you go to Germano's. The food is always fresh, the staff is superb, and save room for dessert! Excellent wine list..... I could go on and on. My only complaint is I can't decide between raspberry pie or tiramisu! So my wife gets raspberry pie and I get tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian Restaurant in the heart of MontgomeryCincyDinersDined on 11/15/2014Always wanted to try it and I heard good things about it. I took my boyfriend there for his birthday. We sat by the window, so we had a good seat. The food was great, the service was good, the place was nice and quiet enough to have a normal conversation without feeling like you had to talk loud. We both really enjoyed it. I would go back and I would recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. Great wine choices, knowledgable wait staff, food is always prepared perfectly. Dominic Germano always takes great care to make sure his guests are happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodtonyDined on 11/7/2014The owner is the chef and every meal is great . I have been there many times and its always qualitySpecial Features:
- Great Italian FoodjerryVIPDined on 11/1/2014We have been here several times. Always a treat! My Grandchildren who are in the process of moving to Cincinnati really like it. Their specials this particular night were quite good. Our server Jamie took good care of us.Special Features:
- Gem in MontgomeryitalianfoodfanDined on 10/29/2014Add Germano's Ristorante in Montgomery to your dining list if you want to experience outstanding food and service every time out. They also have an excellent family style carry-out menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodtonyDined on 10/23/2014great food every time the owner is the cheff so its always greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We stop to go to this restaurantBubbaDined on 10/18/2014Outstanding Italian restaurant, we make a point to stop here on our long trek between Dallas and our summer place in VermontSpecial Features:
- Saturday evening dinner.WyomingDinerDined on 10/4/2014Went to dinner for a special occasion. Had reservations and had to wait till table was ready.. Was seated at a table near the door. Expected a nicer table given I made reservations. Service was adequate, not friendly. Food was tasteless, vegetables (frozen mix variety??)were overcooked, desserts were good.. Expected better quality/service for the price. Restaurant was not that crowded. Had better experiences at other chain Itialian restaurants in the Cinti area. Overall experience was OK but expect something special for the price/location.
- our favoriteCassieDined on 9/27/2014Germano's is our favorite restaurant for special occasions. We have celebrated anniversaries and birthdays there, among many other celebrations. Our latest visit was no exception~ my husband ordered the double lobster tail special and I got the Chilean sea bass with risotto special- both were amazing. Our only surprise was that prices seemed higher than usual. I know food prices are on the rise, but we were still shocked at the $64 and $45 cost of our entrees, respectively. Maybe that is typical nowadays, but it seems like a higher price point than what we've spent elsewhere recently. We will definitely check on pricing for nightly specials in the future to avoid the sticker shock at the end. It was still an overall wonderful experience.Special Features:
- fabuloushealthyDined on 9/4/2014I look for well prepared food, not greasy and I lean toward light. The waiter was helpful in substituting veggies for pasta and double checked on the issue of sauce on my halibut, since I obviously preferred LIGHT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian in MontgomeryjerryVIPDined on 8/27/2014We have been here before but do not get here as often as we would like. The veal dishes are outstanding and the serivice is great too. Probably one of the best Italian restaurants in the Cincinnati area. Since our son and his family has moved to the East side of Cincinnati from North Carolina we should get here more often. The Raspberry pie is awesome.Special Features:
- Great Italian RestaurantFoodist55Dined on 8/27/2014After many visits to Germano's over the years...and with deference to the more hyped (and sometimes expensive) Italian restaurants in the area...for my money, this is the best Italian restaurant in the city. Wonderful food, great service, easy parking, fine wine list. The folks here have even gone "off menu" for me on occasion when I was attempting to alleviate a particular craving.Special Features:
- DatedRSTRNTgeekDined on 8/23/2014The decor is dated, the menu is dated. If you are looking for a nice place to go in the 1970's then this is your spot. I had the veal parm and my wife had the shrimp & scallops. I'm not a 'sender-backer' but I cam about as close to sending something back for lack of flavor as I ever have. Bland on both dishes. Menu needs a refresh. Staff was pleasant but once it got busy our server had a hard time keeping up.Special Features:
- Top notch as alwaysCharlieDined on 8/19/20148 of us. Food was excellent as always. Server seemed a little new but was very eager to please. Would always recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Service was very professional. The fish selections were amazing along with the everyday menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkeasybearDined on 8/16/2014Our waiter was attentive but the food was just ok.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Incredible dinner. The food was fresh and unique. I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 64dinnerDined on 8/16/2014Our experience was exceptional. The waiter was very kind and helpful. The food and wine was impressive!Special Features:
- Great eveningdalagohavDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed a perfect table by the window as we celebrated our anniversary. The food was, as always, delicious and perfectly prepared. The service was efficient without being obtrusive. The blackberry pie was a big hit as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian in CincinnatiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014What Cincinnati lacks in fine ItaliN food, Germano's does not. Great food and service.Special Features:
- DeliciousBeachloverVIPDined on 8/5/2014We've never been disappointed. Attentive service. Quiet so you can actually carry on a conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billDined on 8/2/2014Room was noisy as compared to other visits. Good food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Can't beat the scallops.GreggEDined on 8/2/2014Germanos has become my favorite restaurant when I need Italian. ...Excellent! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CincyBirthdayDinerDined on 8/2/2014This dining experience was wonderful. We were greeted quickly & warmly. Service was very good and the food was also very good. They provide a unique friendly atmosphere as well. In all honesty, I don't know how this restaurant has eluded us for so long. We will definitely be repeat customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food if u r willing to paymortyDined on 7/30/2014Had a great meal at Germano's the other night. Food is the star at this restaurant; but you'll get a bit of a sticker shock when the bill comes due. Our foursome did not order any drinks..drank a lot of water. We had four entries, two appetizers and two desserts and with tip, the bill was $255.00. On the plus side, you have to try their Sea Scallops - we had an order of pan-seared scallops and we also had an order with scallops in pasta - out of this world!Special Features:
- The following 436 reviews are from the Germano's Ristorante reviews archive.
- Excellent!JodiLDined on 7/26/2014Great restaurant and they have good vegetarian options. Our server was fantastic!! Will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billDined on 7/26/2014Very accommodating in making adjustments to menu. Service was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Top Quality!lizabeVIPDined on 7/25/2014Creative dishes. Excellent preparation. Exceptional quality of seafood, veal, vegetables. Never disappointed in meal. Nice, neighborhood gem. Great place to bring friends and family.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantMaudeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Germano's continues to be a fine Italian restaurant with excellent salads, pasta, and entrees of all sorts. The fish is cooked perfectly, as are all other entrees. The citrus arugula salad is perfectly dressed. Wine list is very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie515VIPDined on 7/17/2014Don't overlook the specials that are not one the menu. Get the raspberry. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great anniversary meal.ElizabethVIPDined on 7/17/2014We make it a tradition to walk up to Germano's and celebrate our anniversary, and again, this year that is what we did. LOVE the food. I am glad this is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- An amazing restaurant!MikeMDined on 7/9/2014i had a meeting for my sales team and wanted to treat them to a nice dinner. Germano's accomidated us nicely with a party of 8 and we had a fabulous time. Everyone raved about the food (I had the scallops and they were to die for - really amazing) and the wine list was excellent. We had a fantastic time and the bill did not kill my budget. I would highly recommend that you go to Germano's as often as possible!Special Features:
- Experience at Germano'sMontrealDined on 7/8/2014I had been to Germano's about 15 years ago and had been disappointed. We decided to go back and give it a second try. I still was disappointed with the food. Salad was very simple. They serve bread with only olive oil, nothing else. My entree was very ordinary. Lack of taste. I have no intention of returning.
- WineMe1WineMe1Dined on 6/28/2014Loved the Caesar Salad. Ingredients tasted very fresh; the anchovies were almost white and also very tasty without being too "salty". I was somewhat disappointed in my gnocchi, which tasted much heavier than I expected. Next time, I'll make another choice, as the menu is very extensive. Wine was lovely. The Fresh Raspberry Pie was wonderful. We were very pleased with the excellent service. And my dining companions seemed quite happy with their meals.Special Features:
- lunchmartyDined on 6/26/2014I love Germano's. I have been coming back for years. The food and service are always top notch, and I always get the raspberry pie. With the current economy situation, it is wonderful to see Germano's hasn't compromised a thing. I know when I go there I will always be happy I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are very fortunate to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/21/2014We are very fortunate to have such a quality Italian restaurant in Montgomery...Thanks Dominic & Staff you are the best...Special Features:
- BobRVIPDined on 6/21/2014First time at restaurant and it was a wonderful experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointedMariaItaliaVIPDined on 6/20/2014Everything I have tried has been excellent. Service is top notch and very accommodating. The proprietors will walk around the restaurant and casually chat with the customers.Special Features: