Gerard's Restaurant Maui
174 Lahainaluna Rd
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Gerard's Restaurant Maui
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://gerardsmaui.com/cms/index.php?option=com_frontpage
- Phone: 8086618939
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 6:00pm-8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary French, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Gerard Reversade
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Large groups welcome (up to 100 pax) with set menu Also, small private room for groups of 8 to 16 pax (with A la carte menu)
- Private Party Contact: Genevieve 8086618939
A word from Gerard's Restaurant Maui
Contemporary French Cuisine with a Hawaiian flairContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Gerard's Restaurant Maui - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Gerard's Restaurant Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (53)special occasion (51)great for outdoor dining (43)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (26)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Wonderful, againDJdinerDined on 9/10/2014Come here every visit to Maui, never disappointed. Always save this experience for the last night in Maui. Fresh fish, savory, flavorful French sauces, but not heavy. Fresh and local produce served. Killer home-made ice cream (Dusty Road). Next time will try the 8 course wine pairing.Special Features:
- A Gem of a RestaurantMartyRDined on 9/10/2014Truly delicious and well designed dinners. Everything was spectacular from the appetizers through to dessert. Service is spectacular with highly trained and dedicated professional servers. This is truly a must for foodies.Special Features:
- Thank you Gerard!!FoodcandyDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I travel and dine out a lot. We sat in Gerard's and through the entire meal we were shaking our heads from side to side. I started laughing. We could not believe how good our meals were. We had eaten fish all week so chose a filet for him and pork loin (which I never eat) for me. I like food on a sweeter note and this was like heaven! Honestly my favorite dish I've ever had!! It just surpassed an entrée I had at Harry's bar in Venice. It's a little pricey perhaps but I'd rather go there once and eat at home the rest of the trip! Thank you Gerard!!! Btw the filet was amazing as well!!!! Excellent wait staff - excellent restaurant - excellent menu - excellent wine list - supurlative chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLuvrfoodluvrVIPDined on 9/7/2014Would not expect to eat at a French restaurant in Maui, but this place is amazing. The food is absolutely delicious and service was great. We ate there twice during our stay. They also have a food/wine pairing menu, but it's not always available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch ServicebrightstershpDined on 9/6/2014We spent our 38th anniversary at Gerard's and it did not disappoint. My husband and cousin had Maui Snapper, I had scallops, and my other cousin had a vegetarian concoction made up from other entrees. It was all around a great experience. I wished, however, that their menu offered Caesar Salad and a few other entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayMichaelArniMauiDined on 8/27/2014We've traveled to France a number of times and Gerard's would rank with any of those in France maybe even better.Special Features:
- AmazingChefCodehDined on 8/20/2014I'm a huge fan of this restaurant and its very authentic French food. If you want to be sure you're going to get a good meal I couldn't recommend a place more highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DsandDined on 8/16/2014Was a great surprise to find Gerard's. I can't say enough good abut the place! The food was spectacular!Special Features:
- Old favorite just OKekzooksVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had very high expectations here and maybe that's why we were just a tad disappointed. We tried the tasting menu, 8 courses of seafood. Some were very good (jumbo shrimp and truffled pasta, scallop ceviche), some just good ( dumplings, ahi tartare) but the house special fish preparation was disappointingly overcooked.Special Features:
- Awesome food but a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/4/2014Great time, great food, great service, great wine but I paid for itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Maui's Best Restaurantsluv2dineVIPDined on 8/2/2014Gerard's is probably the finest French restaurant in Maui, and candidly one of the very best restaurants as well. Classic menu, great service, good wine list and a very friendly atmosphere. Sit inside or on the porch and enjoy the French inspired menu. It has been at the Plantation Inn for 32 years and going strong. It will not disappoint you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French Resturant!atmanDined on 7/30/2014It was one of the best meals we had in Maui! Service and food and drinks were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExtraordinarySkipDined on 7/18/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants on the planet. There simply aren't enough superlatives for this incredible place - Gerard is ever-present, giving attention to every detail, and the staff is genuinely happy to see you. The food is immaculately presented with classic French preparations, at a pace that can be as long or as short as you desire. We had a wonderful birthday celebration, and will continue to return to this outstanding restaurant.Special Features:
- Maui Has a French RestaurantJamesVIPDined on 7/16/2014On the way to the restaurant our driver told us he had been told it was an American French restaurant! (Whatever that is :o) Well we ate outside with nice table linen, the waiter was French, the food was French, Wine was French and plentiful. The only non French thing was the lack of cheese due to the number of their clients whom ordered it. Service was excellent and food good, reasonably expensive but that based on experience so far is to be expected in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A slice of Paris in Lahaina Maui.Bigbear2112Dined on 7/15/2014With a wide porch and beautiful location in Lahaina Town, Gerard's is a wonderful taste of Paris in Maui. Service was top notch and food quality was excellent, especially dessert. Our server was friendly, wine knowledgable and ready to offer suggestions if so desired. Next time I would put more focus on the house cured charcuterie and local fish entrées. Small complaint is that the table side bread is not equal to the rest of the meal. It lacks the crispy crust and chewy interior of a baguette which would have completed the whole Paris flavor ( minus the rude waiter :-) as Gibouy our waiter was very nice.Special Features:
- Wonderful!MelandJJDined on 7/5/2014This was by far one the best restaurant that we have been to on Maui! Delicious food and excellent service! I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodKRRRRDined on 7/3/2014We go to Gerard's every time we are in Maui. The food and service are wonderful. A great date night spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plantation Inn DiningPeterDined on 6/28/2014Gerard's gives an excellent dining experience in an old Lahaina Plantation Inn property on a quiet side street with inside and outside dining. The cuisine is European with local specialities. The service and quality is excellent. Reservations are recommended as seating is limited. Excellent for quiet relaxed dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT DINING EXPERIENCEMicheleDined on 6/26/2014We had wanted to try Gerard's for some time and decided to celebrate my husband's birthday dinner there. The food was excellent. We sat on the front porch and the entire restaurant was very quaint. Our server was very attentive and knowledge about the menu. It was delightful and I would highly recommend Gerard's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic RestaurantEnjoyableVIPDined on 6/25/2014We had dinner here on Wed night to celebrate our anniversary. Its a perfect place for a romantic evening since its located in a lovely plantation house with a front porch where we dined. The server we had was top notch even running out to meet my husband parking the car to give him a parking pass so he wouldn't be charged. He was so attentive and recommended some great dishes. We started with a salad we shared then I had the snapper entree, their signature dish for years, which was sooooo good and my husband had lamb chops which were prepared in a way he had never had before which he loved. The crusty warm bread was to die for and we took home a choc cake which was so yummy. The perfect place to dine for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/21/2014Gerard's is always a treat. It's not snapper season, so the "snapper" was papio, beautifully prepared with the subtle ginger-orange sauce complementing but never overwhelming. I was dining alone, so I had a chance to try the headcheese (dining companions recoil at the mere idea) which was a little crunchy for my taste (carrots) but a rare treat. The main problem with dinner at Gerard's is choosing which course(s) to skip. Appetizer, charcuterie, entree was enough so I had to skip salad, soup, and dessert. Next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daviddavidVIPDined on 6/20/2014Fixed price dinner impressive- 8 courses with wine pairing optional. Chilled cucumber soup very flavorful; pan seared scallop done just right-tender; lamb, medium rare; save room for the profiteroles with chocolate sauce. Reserve a table on the outside colonial style porch.Special Features:
- Romantic Date in Central LocationLeightorVIPDined on 6/19/2014Gerard's offers a magical, romantic dining experience that is perfect for couples. The plantation house provides a beautiful ambiance. We ate on the veranda and adored it. We had the seafood tasting menu with wine-pairing, which could not be beat. My favorite course was the sorbet topped with champagne! Truly a memorable and romantic dining experience.Special Features:
- SuperbMalibujimDined on 6/18/2014Had the 8 course land and sea with wine...excellent and worth the money for a fine unhurried evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014Great food and ambiance. Went for dinner and was impressed with the depth of the wine cellar as well as the unique and delightful menu. Definitely would recommend to anyone interested in fine dining with a creative flair. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Par ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/12/2014Fantastic restaurant. Certainly on par with first class French restaurants in San Francisco (Cafe Jacqueline), Houston (Chez Nous) and New York (Daniel). Ambiance was great. Very much enjoyed dining out on the quaint, colonial style veranda. Service was competent, knowledgeable and attentive. Wine list was extensive. Rave reviews for appetizers..... Hamakua in Puff Pastry & Fresh snapper dumplings in sorrel sauce. Preparation of honey glazed pork tenderloin, rack of Lamb and Hawaiin filet of beef....superb! Plate presentation excellent. Sides are not to be ignored... sweet potato cake with apple and banana, rhubarb compote, Potato au gratin, mushroom timbale were all fantastic.Special Features:
- HarryRDined on 6/10/2014My wife and I had a wonderful evening at Gerard's. Food was excellent Ambiance was great. Singer set the tone. We met and talked to Gerard and learned he lived near us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodLoveGoodFoodVIPDined on 6/5/2014We had the chef's tasting menu and it was tremendous. Deliciously paired with the right wines. Very romantic...but, just being in Hawaii is romantic to begin with.Special Features:
- Strong on culinaryroastmasterjDined on 6/4/2014Haven't tried new restaurant at Ritz. Banyan Tree used to be excellent. Point being that there are not that many restaurants that offer what Gerards has. Perhaps a bit more complex in overall food prep. Maui has several great places if you're looking for fish or lobster and a view. But if you want a tasting menu with good wine pairings, try Gerards. Not saying that local resources are not well utilized. The fresh fish with the citrus fennel sauce is excellent. Wait staff are well trained. Special food and place for a special night.Special Features:
- Mauihaoles123VIPDined on 6/3/2014A special restaurant for a special occasion. Food is outstanding and ambience can't be beat. Pricey for sure, but well worth the experience. You should sit on the lanai or in the garden and not inside for the full effect.Special Features:
- An excellent dining experiencewinerunnerVIPDined on 6/3/2014Plan for your dinner time to last two hours or longer. Due to chef/owner Gerard hailing from France the menu has a French flair but with recognizable American names plus a couple of French specialties. The wine list is extensive (its own book numbering several pages). I had the pork tenderloin which was very tender and delicious.Special Features:
- Maquis Best FrenchJb34677Dined on 5/31/2014One will not have a better dining experience on Maui. The menu presents excellent choices for food and wine. We have been going here once a year for 20 years while on the island. Never have we been disappointed in the food or the service. The quaint plantation house in the city makes for a special dining experience.Special Features:
- Make it betterongwiDined on 5/30/2014Food and ambience were great. Jim Bowie was personable and offered excellent service; however, one of the staff member, I think he was the bar tender was very condescending or aloof to us. My husband would have cancelled but he did not because he knew I wanted to try Gerard's appetizers. The appetizers were great, presentation and taste. Gerard need to improve on their set menu. 8 course dinner for seniors is too much. It would be nice to have a 4 course dinner like Alan Wong's in HonoluluSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delicious dinner!foodieDined on 5/25/2014My boyfriend and I had another excellent dinner at Gerard's Restaurant on Sunday. Our table was ready for us when we arrived at our 8pm reservation. Amazingly, the waiter had even remembered me from our prior visit about 8 months ago! We were welcomed with a delicious amuse bouche. We had the tuna tartar appetizer, which was split for us in the kitchen and was very flavorful. We shared the Gerard's salad (also split in the kitchen). I had the fish of the day, and although the fish portion was small, it was truly delicious. My boyfriend opted for the Hawaiian filet mignon with mustard sauce, and it was perfectly prepared. We finished with the pineapple tart. The server was perfect in attentiveness. A wonderful end to our Maui stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gerard'sTexasTourist30Dined on 5/25/2014Average food, impersonal service, high price. Recommendations: try any of the other Maui fine dining establishments.
- Wonderful, romantic atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/24/2014Gerard's is a wonderful restaurant. The food is always great and the presentation is beautiful. The wait staff is attentive, knowledgable and very welcoming. Every time I dine at Gerard's, I am reminded why I always come back and treasure this place. The fish is fresh and often times, Chef has a great presentation of desserts with fruit from his own trees. A delight that should not be missed when visiting Lahaina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeriBTeriBVIPDined on 5/23/2014Our waiter Patrick was excellent and recommended an delicious wine for us to enjoy. The tuna tartare, veal chop and duck confit are not to be missed. The setting is lovely, close to Front Street but away from the throngs of people.Special Features:
- The following 183 reviews are from the Gerard's Restaurant Maui reviews archive.
- Wow! Great PlaceeFoodDined on 5/22/2014Outstanding service, excellent food, and a wonderful quite "special place." One of my new favorite places - now a much visit for each Maui trip.Special Features:
- A delightful findrestaurantsnobVIPDined on 5/18/2014Have seen it passing by but never ventured in until now. We sat on the porch. Quite delightful and a bit romantic. Patrick our waiter was charming and efficient. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals but truthfully, I was so excited about the Rhubarb pie for dessert that I don't remember what else I had! The pie was fantastic with flaky crust, lots of wonderfully tart rhubarb and if I could have I would have had a second!!! We will definitely stop here on our next trip!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/17/2014Daily fish special - ono was great. However, pork stew was over cooked an the meat was tough. Not a very good meal. We will not go back