Gerard's Restaurant Maui
174 Lahainaluna Rd
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Gerard's Restaurant Maui
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://gerardsmaui.com/cms/index.php?option=com_frontpage
- Phone: 8086618939
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 6:00pm-8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary French, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Gerard Reversade
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Large groups welcome (up to 100 pax) with set menu Also, small private room for groups of 8 to 16 pax (with A la carte menu)
- Private Party Contact: Genevieve 8086618939
A word from Gerard's Restaurant Maui
Contemporary French Cuisine with a Hawaiian flairContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Gerard's Restaurant Maui - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Gerard's Restaurant Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (54)special occasion (53)great for outdoor dining (47)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (28)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- FoodieinmauiFoodieMauiDined on 10/27/2014My husband and I have dined at Gerard's a number of times during our holidays in Maui over years, and we now live in Maui and go there occasionally. We always have wonderful experience - Food (we normally have seafood) is excellent, the waiters are truly professional, and the whole atmosphere is relaxing, elegant and friendly. If it is a smaller group than 4 people, we always ask for a table on the balcony. Tables in the small patio are also nice, but the availability is subject to weather.Special Features:
- Best dining experience in Lahainaups2011VIPDined on 10/27/2014Gerard's is an iconic Lahaina restaurant that delivers a fantastic dining experience. From the moment you enter you are greeted as if you are the only customer of the evening. The service of Phil and David was impeccable, anticipating our every need. The food was excellent combining French techniques with island flavors. Gerard's is on our short list of must eat restaurants whenever we're on Maui!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five star eveningJohnDined on 10/25/2014Fabulous food, ambiance and service. Three hours attentive perfectly timed service.Special Features:
- A delightful evening!EnjoyableVIPDined on 10/20/2014Everything is exemplary. The only comment I might have is that maybe a change or update in the menu might be needed, right now the only change is the nightly fresh catch. Everything is cooked, plated, served to perfection and i will return.Special Features:
- The BESTNJFANSDined on 10/16/2014We visit Gerard's each year when we come to Maui, and it is still our favorite. The menu remains largely the same each year, and prices continue higher. I had venison en cruette that was spectacular; my wife had the always safe Maui beef. Sitting on the porch is always lovely, and the service is attentive. As always, you can expect to chat with diners at adjacent tables, adding to the ambiance. Gerard's is not to be missed.Special Features:
- WonderfulJimSJVIPDined on 10/12/2014Great food, with a French-type accent on local Hawaiian cuisine.Special Features:
- Nice seat on porchGiants408Dined on 10/10/2014My fiance and I came here on a thursday night and sat on the front porch, it was a very romantic setting. Not knowing exactly what to order, We decided on the 8 course sea food degustation meal. My Fiancé loved the shrimp pasta with truffle butter course. My favorite was the Fresh catch of the day topped with crab meat and mashed lentil. For dessert I had the sorbet and my fiancé had the chocolate mousse. I have to say overall it was a very enjoyable experience. I'm glad we chose the porch for our seating area, this certainly set the tone for the evening. The food was very good, not excellent, but still delicious nonetheless. I would def recommend Gerard's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for our AnniversaryKapaluaFolksDined on 9/30/2014we just celebrated our anniversary at Gerard's and were not disappointed. The food was excellent, the waitstaff knew the menu well and did what waitstaff do---very well! We are never disappointed. This is not an inexpensive outing, but well worth it.Special Features:
- Palate perfection!FoodCriticKateDined on 9/24/2014My husband and I loved every delectable morsel! The escargot - mmm mmm! Every bite was wonderful! We took our time to enjoy an especially tasteful dinner and the lovely outdoor porch settting. My scallops - in a lovely sauce and a special whipped potato surround - so perfect. The filet that my husband shared with me - had to have been the most perfect texture and taste! Done to a perfect medium rare! All accompanied by perfect service and wine choice. We are frequent visitors to Maui and can't wait to visit Gerard's again!Special Features:
- like a southern plantationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Food was expensive but very good. Great place for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romanticDiningProVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is definitely a splurge restaurant, and well worth the splurge. There are tables available in the air conditioned inside, and tables on the porch with overhead fans, as well as tables in the lovely garden. The table is yours for the night. We love sitting on the porch with a view of the garden. Take your time enjoying a cocktail, an appetizer (don't miss the seared fois gras). Then settle in and choose your entre. My favorite is the island snapper, prepared in a citrus sauce to die for. This is a "don't miss" experience -I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gerard'sprettygoodforatightendVIPDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I went over to Maui from the Big Island for a change of pace. We love both Mama's Fish House and the Lahaina Grill, but decided to try Gerard's for a change. It was great! If you like traditional French cooking, this is the place you want to go. My pate de compagne was wonderful. The special for the evening was a mahi mahi in a special sauce finished with some crab meat that was also great. And finally, we decided to share a profiterole au chocolate for dessert. I expected the dinner to be good based on the reviews. However, we both walked out of the restaurant wondering when we could schedule the next trip here. It reminds me of the Michelin one stars that dot the Loire Valley in France where we lived for two years.Special Features:
- Wonderful, againDJdinerDined on 9/10/2014Come here every visit to Maui, never disappointed. Always save this experience for the last night in Maui. Fresh fish, savory, flavorful French sauces, but not heavy. Fresh and local produce served. Killer home-made ice cream (Dusty Road). Next time will try the 8 course wine pairing.Special Features:
- A Gem of a RestaurantMartyRVIPDined on 9/10/2014Truly delicious and well designed dinners. Everything was spectacular from the appetizers through to dessert. Service is spectacular with highly trained and dedicated professional servers. This is truly a must for foodies.Special Features:
- Thank you Gerard!!FoodcandyDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I travel and dine out a lot. We sat in Gerard's and through the entire meal we were shaking our heads from side to side. I started laughing. We could not believe how good our meals were. We had eaten fish all week so chose a filet for him and pork loin (which I never eat) for me. I like food on a sweeter note and this was like heaven! Honestly my favorite dish I've ever had!! It just surpassed an entrée I had at Harry's bar in Venice. It's a little pricey perhaps but I'd rather go there once and eat at home the rest of the trip! Thank you Gerard!!! Btw the filet was amazing as well!!!! Excellent wait staff - excellent restaurant - excellent menu - excellent wine list - supurlative chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLuvrfoodluvrVIPDined on 9/7/2014Would not expect to eat at a French restaurant in Maui, but this place is amazing. The food is absolutely delicious and service was great. We ate there twice during our stay. They also have a food/wine pairing menu, but it's not always available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch ServicebrightstershpDined on 9/6/2014We spent our 38th anniversary at Gerard's and it did not disappoint. My husband and cousin had Maui Snapper, I had scallops, and my other cousin had a vegetarian concoction made up from other entrees. It was all around a great experience. I wished, however, that their menu offered Caesar Salad and a few other entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayMichaelArniMauiDined on 8/27/2014We've traveled to France a number of times and Gerard's would rank with any of those in France maybe even better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/22/2014Our server Gibouille was terrific and very knowledgable of the menu and wine choices.Special Features:
- AmazingChefCodehDined on 8/20/2014I'm a huge fan of this restaurant and its very authentic French food. If you want to be sure you're going to get a good meal I couldn't recommend a place more highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DsandDined on 8/16/2014Was a great surprise to find Gerard's. I can't say enough good abut the place! The food was spectacular!Special Features:
- Old favorite just OKekzooksVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had very high expectations here and maybe that's why we were just a tad disappointed. We tried the tasting menu, 8 courses of seafood. Some were very good (jumbo shrimp and truffled pasta, scallop ceviche), some just good ( dumplings, ahi tartare) but the house special fish preparation was disappointingly overcooked.Special Features:
- Awesome food but a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/4/2014Great time, great food, great service, great wine but I paid for itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Maui's Best Restaurantsluv2dineVIPDined on 8/2/2014Gerard's is probably the finest French restaurant in Maui, and candidly one of the very best restaurants as well. Classic menu, great service, good wine list and a very friendly atmosphere. Sit inside or on the porch and enjoy the French inspired menu. It has been at the Plantation Inn for 32 years and going strong. It will not disappoint you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French Resturant!atmanDined on 7/30/2014It was one of the best meals we had in Maui! Service and food and drinks were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Amazing French restaurant. My first French dining experience and I loved it all. The best thing I ate here was the foie grais which I've never had. It was actually the tastiest thing I've ever eaten. It was made with poha berries and so sweet and rich I loved every bite. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- ExtraordinarySkipDined on 7/18/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants on the planet. There simply aren't enough superlatives for this incredible place - Gerard is ever-present, giving attention to every detail, and the staff is genuinely happy to see you. The food is immaculately presented with classic French preparations, at a pace that can be as long or as short as you desire. We had a wonderful birthday celebration, and will continue to return to this outstanding restaurant.Special Features:
- Maui Has a French RestaurantJamesVIPDined on 7/16/2014On the way to the restaurant our driver told us he had been told it was an American French restaurant! (Whatever that is :o) Well we ate outside with nice table linen, the waiter was French, the food was French, Wine was French and plentiful. The only non French thing was the lack of cheese due to the number of their clients whom ordered it. Service was excellent and food good, reasonably expensive but that based on experience so far is to be expected in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A slice of Paris in Lahaina Maui.Bigbear2112Dined on 7/15/2014With a wide porch and beautiful location in Lahaina Town, Gerard's is a wonderful taste of Paris in Maui. Service was top notch and food quality was excellent, especially dessert. Our server was friendly, wine knowledgable and ready to offer suggestions if so desired. Next time I would put more focus on the house cured charcuterie and local fish entrées. Small complaint is that the table side bread is not equal to the rest of the meal. It lacks the crispy crust and chewy interior of a baguette which would have completed the whole Paris flavor ( minus the rude waiter :-) as Gibouy our waiter was very nice.Special Features:
- Wonderful!MelandJJDined on 7/5/2014This was by far one the best restaurant that we have been to on Maui! Delicious food and excellent service! I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodKRRRRDined on 7/3/2014We go to Gerard's every time we are in Maui. The food and service are wonderful. A great date night spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 203 reviews are from the Gerard's Restaurant Maui reviews archive.
- Plantation Inn DiningPeterDined on 6/28/2014Gerard's gives an excellent dining experience in an old Lahaina Plantation Inn property on a quiet side street with inside and outside dining. The cuisine is European with local specialities. The service and quality is excellent. Reservations are recommended as seating is limited. Excellent for quiet relaxed dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT DINING EXPERIENCEMicheleDined on 6/26/2014We had wanted to try Gerard's for some time and decided to celebrate my husband's birthday dinner there. The food was excellent. We sat on the front porch and the entire restaurant was very quaint. Our server was very attentive and knowledge about the menu. It was delightful and I would highly recommend Gerard's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic RestaurantEnjoyableVIPDined on 6/25/2014We had dinner here on Wed night to celebrate our anniversary. Its a perfect place for a romantic evening since its located in a lovely plantation house with a front porch where we dined. The server we had was top notch even running out to meet my husband parking the car to give him a parking pass so he wouldn't be charged. He was so attentive and recommended some great dishes. We started with a salad we shared then I had the snapper entree, their signature dish for years, which was sooooo good and my husband had lamb chops which were prepared in a way he had never had before which he loved. The crusty warm bread was to die for and we took home a choc cake which was so yummy. The perfect place to dine for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/21/2014Gerard's is always a treat. It's not snapper season, so the "snapper" was papio, beautifully prepared with the subtle ginger-orange sauce complementing but never overwhelming. I was dining alone, so I had a chance to try the headcheese (dining companions recoil at the mere idea) which was a little crunchy for my taste (carrots) but a rare treat. The main problem with dinner at Gerard's is choosing which course(s) to skip. Appetizer, charcuterie, entree was enough so I had to skip salad, soup, and dessert. Next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daviddavidVIPDined on 6/20/2014Fixed price dinner impressive- 8 courses with wine pairing optional. Chilled cucumber soup very flavorful; pan seared scallop done just right-tender; lamb, medium rare; save room for the profiteroles with chocolate sauce. Reserve a table on the outside colonial style porch.Special Features:
- Romantic Date in Central LocationLeightorVIPDined on 6/19/2014Gerard's offers a magical, romantic dining experience that is perfect for couples. The plantation house provides a beautiful ambiance. We ate on the veranda and adored it. We had the seafood tasting menu with wine-pairing, which could not be beat. My favorite course was the sorbet topped with champagne! Truly a memorable and romantic dining experience.Special Features:
- SuperbMalibujimDined on 6/18/2014Had the 8 course land and sea with wine...excellent and worth the money for a fine unhurried evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014Great food and ambiance. Went for dinner and was impressed with the depth of the wine cellar as well as the unique and delightful menu. Definitely would recommend to anyone interested in fine dining with a creative flair. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Par ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/12/2014Fantastic restaurant. Certainly on par with first class French restaurants in San Francisco (Cafe Jacqueline), Houston (Chez Nous) and New York (Daniel). Ambiance was great. Very much enjoyed dining out on the quaint, colonial style veranda. Service was competent, knowledgeable and attentive. Wine list was extensive. Rave reviews for appetizers..... Hamakua in Puff Pastry & Fresh snapper dumplings in sorrel sauce. Preparation of honey glazed pork tenderloin, rack of Lamb and Hawaiin filet of beef....superb! Plate presentation excellent. Sides are not to be ignored... sweet potato cake with apple and banana, rhubarb compote, Potato au gratin, mushroom timbale were all fantastic.Special Features: