1564 Queen St. West
Toronto, ON M6R 1A6Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.geraldinetoronto.com/
- Phone: 6473528815x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 6:00 - 11:00
Tuesday 6:00 - 12:00
Wednesday 6:00 - 12:00
Thursday 6:00 - 12:00
Friday 6:00 - 2:00
Saturday 6:00 - 2:00
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Peter Ramsay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Wine
A word from Geraldine
Geraldine serves fresh seafood and fine cocktails in Parkdale.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Geraldine - Best Restaurants in Queen West ›
Geraldine reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (26)special occasion (24)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)notable wine list (10)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Stepping back in timeErydayFoodieDined on 9/5/2014Geraldine was a perfect spot to have a romantic birthday dinner. My boyfriend and I sat side-by-side and snuggled the whole evening. The cocktails were amazing, the food was delicious, and the ambiance and service were second to none. We will most definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeraldinemidnightinparisDined on 9/2/2014Great Ambiance, Good Value but Poor Service. We were in a big group, so I think they didn't know how to handle it. Drinks were slow to come out, but amazing once they got there. Food was quick and delicious. Server was a bit snarky and slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A foodies dream.yup1Dined on 8/22/2014Great food only matched by the fantastic ambiance, service and cocktails. Have I said enough?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebrationpartyof5Dined on 8/21/2014Everything from the delicious cocktails to the excellent food and attentive service made for a memorable evening. We were very happy with the recommended food and wine pairing and loved the birthday candle presentation! We hope to return again soon - in the meantime we will certainly recommend your restaurant to our friends.Special Features:
- svli2000Dined on 8/17/2014Love this little gem. Feels like a time machine as you're being instantly transferred back in time with smooth sounds of jazz and the early 20th decor. The drinks are fantastic, and the service is superb. Not cheap but is worth it for a date night or a special occasion treat.Special Features:
- Amazing AbsintheDLCGEDined on 8/17/2014Just had dinner her for my daughter's first legal drinking experience. The Absinthe based cocktails were delicious and with the half price oysters were a great way to start dinner. The entrees were wonderful, our favourites were the duck breast, very crispy with just the right amount of salt, the ribeye cooked to perfection and the beef ribs cooked until they were fall off the bone tender. Sides were great as well with our favourite being the cauliflower. Our server was wonderful, carded my daughter at her request and was happy to give us recommendations versus the "everything is great" that I hate hearing at other places. All in all a big success but be prepared the amazing drinks are expensive but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!MissVVIPDined on 8/14/2014We had a fantastic dinner last week - the staff, cocktails and food were all outstanding (although I strongly doubt that the tomatoes were "heirloom" as they certainly looked/tasted just like the sour hard grape tomatoes I get at the grocery store - but 'twas a minor quibble). I was especially appreciative/impressed that their oysters during the usually disappointing summer season were excellent (and Happy Hour pricing too)! It was definitely worth the taxi trip out from downtown.Special Features:
- Wonderful new Parkdale additionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We've been meaning to try Geraldine for some time now and it did not disappoint. I can't remember the last restaurant we went to in Toronto that had such unpretentious, gracious service. Our server was so attentive without being demanding, and Nick, the bartender was wonderful, explaining his cocktails and making my husband something off of the menu. The food was delicious - simple with great flavours and wonderfully prepared. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant.JayDubsDined on 7/26/2014The single best restaurant experience I've had in the city. The fare, particularly the seafood, is incredible. The cocktails are mind-blowing, and the staff are not only friendly, but they know their stuff. The atmosphere is, well...put it this way: after the sun goes down, between the music, the authentic dining experience, the staff attire and an open-minded attitude, it's a bit like a time warp -- you feel like a character in Midnight in Paris. If you live in the West End you pretty much have to go.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/22/2014An interesting place, almost empty on Tues night. Good oysters, great cauliflower, good fish, and a very fine panna cotta dessert.
- Great cocktails and foodKandMDined on 7/17/2014Delicious food and amazing cocktails (we spent about as much on the cocktails as we did on food). Very helpful and relaxed service, and a lovely atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014Food was excellent but not enough options. Menu online is not what they have in the restaurant - far less options. Great cocktails!Special Features:
- Would recommend to a close friendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014Service was knowledgeable and friendly and quick. Food was great! We had three different types of East Coast oysters, tapas to start and fish as the main. They serve only one dessert- panna cotta. We had it and loved it. Great craft beer, champagne and espresso. Ambience was casual and hip. Music was amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Great food and cocktails. Amazing shrimp skewers and seafood soup/stew. Loved the fried cauliflower and asparagus sides. Amazing, unique cocktails and enjoyed watching the bartender make them.Special Features:
- Great drink menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014"The Dealer" cocktail was delicious. The Foie gras as well was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little differentRtraub69VIPDined on 6/20/2014Small intimate room Service was very friendly and prompt Wait staff was knowledgable and very helpful Dishes recommended were excellent and suggestions were perfect Would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParkdalefoodieDined on 6/5/2014Geraldine is always a pleasure. Great first date atmosphere. The music changed a bit since I last dined but when the piano player starts to play, the experience is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality was very poorOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/31/2014Special app of the night was smoked trout with purple potato salad -- unfortunately the potatoes were also smoked and not fully cooked, resulting in very poor texture and unpleasant smoky taste. The fish was over cooked and salty to the point of being Inedible. And the special main of the night was slow cooked pulled lamb ravioli that was tasteless. Not sure how this restaurant got strong reviews from Toronto Life.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Geraldine reviews archive.
- A treatggggigggDined on 5/18/2014Geraldine is a treat. The cocktails are amazing as is the wine list. The food is scrumptious and exciting...a definite find!Special Features:
- Great oysters! Gr!eat Service!msbee77Dined on 5/16/2014Fantastic restaurant. Friendly staff. Delicious food. Fair prices for the quality of the food and beverages. Everything about this place is great! We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much $$$$$HoffDined on 5/10/2014Ambience is cool and cocktails are a must but wine list is too small and food prices are waaaay to high for what you get. 16 dollars for two dry sausages? C'mon. Curious how this happens in the heart of Parkdale.
- Great cocktails and excellent foodMansiDined on 5/10/2014This is a great spot for date night or enjoying some of the city's best cocktails and seafood with friends. I love that the dinner menu is short and sweet and the food is simple but excellently prepared and allows for the fresh ingredients to really shine through. But those cocktails...wow! They have great taste in music as well :o)Special Features:
- Expensive food, good cocktailsPZdinerDined on 5/9/2014The food wasn't that spectacular and didn't worth the price but drinks was well done. Food menu need a bit of twist to go with the extensive cocktail list.Special Features:
- Great fish spotJCharDined on 5/9/2014Met with some friends that I don't see on a regular basis and this was a great venue for that. Pleasantly surprised by the menu that offered a good fish selection -- you don't see that often enough in landlocked T.O. We loved the menu. Had fried smelts oysters to start, followed by beautiful haddock and mackerel main courses. We all loved the decor, not over the top but subtle design elements IE. good tiles on the floors and great antiquy tables, the sort of thing you'd see on an auction floor, and quiet lighting. Toronto has a lot of great restaurants. But they all seem a bit of the same after awhile. Geraldine has its own thing going on. We liked it.Special Features:
- Amazing Bar. Not so amazing servicearosempDined on 4/26/2014We heard Geraldine is one of the best restaurants in Toronto so we went to try it. The bar is outstanding: very unique drinks and the bartenders are true mixologists. Our night started great, but started to dim out when they made us more than 30 minutes for our table. The reservation was a 10:15 pm and we sat down at around 10:50 (a little late... don't you think?) We are reasonable people and we understand this kind of issues can happen; however, we feel the staff did not make an effort to make it up for the wait. They gave us complimentary drinks two minutes before we were heading to our table. We appreciate the gesture, but timing is essential in the restaurant business. By the time we sat down, we were already a little disappointed.Special Features:
- Such great atmosphere and cocktailsWendostickDined on 4/24/2014I love everything about this place! The ambience, the handlebar moustaches, the cocktails. Great date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters are HeavenNovellusrulesDined on 4/12/2014Go for the half price Oyster happy hour between 6pm and 7pm. Their selection of fresh oysters is top notch. Everything we had was unique, fresh and satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty tasty cocktailsTesspotDined on 4/9/2014Delicious food, cocktails and service. What more could you ask for on a night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a try for sureRoxyDined on 4/5/2014Terrific seafood on the menu: fried smelts , shrimp with Harissa and chickpeas excellent, as are oysters and a fried haddock main. The action at the bar is sheer pageantry -- terrific fun drinks, though the martini was heavy on the vermouth. The veggie sides were underwhelming, though. Roasted beets and carrots with dill needed more dill, not just a sprig. Deep fried cauliflower was delish but the advertised romesco sauce that was to accompany it was tiny and buried under the cauliflower. Their wines by the glass list could be expanded.worth a revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceBmanVIPDined on 4/4/2014We had a first rate dinner at Geraldine. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable, and the staff all teams together for great service. Menu isn't huge but every dish we ordered was excellent. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!!! but...shibaDined on 3/26/2014Lovely atmosphere, enjoyed the mustachios for a bit of theatre, and the noise level was very comfortable, for a change. We found the food to be very good - the shrimp appetizer needed a hit of lemon and some heat to accent the bland sauce. Cocktails were gorgeous! The evening would have been close to perfect if the bad oyster we found in our oyster plate had been replaced...the waiter just apologized and disappeared; a small thing, but the response was not elegant, and left an impression of indifference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely beautiful, bringseatsalotDined on 3/23/2014Absolutely beautiful, brings you right into the 20s, or of the sorts. The ambience, the food, the staff, all perfection. Quiet, unique and fresh. Definitely go, you'll have a beautiful dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secretMarinamagicDined on 3/20/2014A neighborhood gem. We say to ourselves... Why go anywhere else locally? Special atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AmbienceKnoedelDined on 3/14/2014Bit pretentious, mostly stiff waiters / bar tenders, slight lack of friendliness, quite typical TO 'going with the trend' food - good, but partially lacking execution / finesse. Beautiful bar, nice old fashioned selection of cocktails, good tab beers, worth a visit every now and then.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing cocktailskylixDined on 3/8/2014I was looking for a placed that could compete with the incredible Prohibition era cocktails and atmosphere I encountered on a recent trip to Chicago. Geraldine came pretty close. The mixologist crafted some beautiful drinks presented in lovely vintage glassware. This is the only place I've found absinthe in the city. Half-price oysters during happy hour (6-7pm daily) is also a great value; however, I found the menu itself somewhat lacking. It was expensive, but unexceptional. I'd go again for oysters and cocktails, but not for a full meal. Lots of gluten-free choices, however, which is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geraldine charmsErstinDined on 3/6/2014What's not to like? Attentive, articulate and friendly staff, delicious and interesting food in an elegant room. I definitely am coming back.Special Features:
- Date night @ GeraldineParkdaleMatesDined on 3/1/2014Overall a very pleasant experience. Although, if I were to go back, it would simply be for oysters and beer! The food was good but too pricey for what you get (ie. warm lentil salad priced at $15...). Found it a bit pretentious to be asking those prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodSSASVIPDined on 2/28/2014great neighborhood spot with good food, great cocktails and a reasonable wine list albeit on the expensive side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpottonicDined on 2/21/2014My first time dining here but not my last. Service was great, cocktails were delicious and oh so boozy! I think I'm still feeling the effect from Friday night. Good food although my haddock wasn't as tasty as I'd hoped and a bit on the lukewarm side. Otherwise, all was great! Loved the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Romantic gem!RouxDined on 2/21/2014Going to Geralidine is like being transported back in time. Cute funky restaurant with a retro vibe. Excellent martinis, items that are easy to share, and delicious! Sardine platter is to die for...!Special Features: