10257 Old Georgetown Rd
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.geppettorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3014939230x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Can't make it over and have your meal with us? That's ok, let us bring your meal to you. With a delivery area including Bethesda, Chevy Chase, parts of Potomac and Rockville our drivers will get your order to you accurately and quickly. In addition to our regular menu, we also offer a wide variety of pre-planned options on our Luncheon menu. All come hassle free, in large self serve containers complete with drinks and cookies. Mix and match menus to make the perfect office gathering or meeting. For delivery or pickup. 6 person minimum.
A word from Geppetto Restaurant
Geppetto's incredible, award-winning pizza and homey Italian food has been a magnet for families since 1977. The restaurant was the first in the area to introduce the thick-crusted Sicilian pizza, with its inch high homemade crust. The menu also includes favorites such as homemade pastas, seafood selections, and a wide assortment of delicious entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Geppetto Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Go for lunch, not for dinnerSilverSpringDinerVIPDined on 12/7/2013I've enjoyed lunch at Geppetto's, but dinner was a disaster. We at for 15 minutes waiting for our wine, and had to flag down our waiter to get it. He had apparently never heard of proscecco or cava. Then, he asked one of our party whether he wanted french fries with his spaghetti and meatballs!! And he asked whether we wanted our check before we ate. (True, we had said we needed to leave by 7:30 for Strathmore, but we hardly expected to get our check before our food came.) Then, another long wait (for three main course salads and spaghetti??). Our experience verified what Tom Sietsma has been writing lately -- bad service can ruin a meal even when the food is okay. I'd go back again for lunch (the pizzas are really good) but not for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- eggplane parmesanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2013The eggplant parmesan was mushy and the sauce was too sharap. The mussels were good.Special Features:
- Vegan friendlyZiosmileDined on 11/8/2013We contacted restaurant in advance and chef made a specially prepared vegan meal. Excellent and much appreciated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step downDrOniDined on 10/19/2013Gipetto's used to be our "go to" restaurant for good, light Italian food. It is now not much more than fancy American with Italian names on the menu. The veal piccata sauce tasted like canned soup was poured over top, the chicken and eggplant Parmesan war void of any spice, and the bread was without taste. Aside from all that, the pizza for the kids looked tasty, but that was at another table. Gipetto also needs to work on their lighting. We felt like the overhead halogen spots were more for a store window or display rack, but too harsh and "in your face" for a cozy restaurant. Where is my old friend Gipetto?Special Features:
- Lovely!foodieVIPDined on 10/4/2013Had another excellent dinner at Geppetto's. Have been dining here since 2002. Eggplant parm was perfect and service was great. The class of 1963 from Walter Johnson High School was having a 50th reunion in the back, with happy sounds of laughter and joy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/28/2013Mariana that was watery, plain uninspiring bread with butter, slow and inattentive service, and no pleasantries such as "thank you." All in all, an absolute disappointment. #lostcustomer
- food was coldjohnVIPDined on 8/5/2013one of our party of 4 ordered a dish that is to be served hot and it was cold
- Great Summer Lunch Specials!GlutenFreeFoodieVIPDined on 7/10/2013The summer lunch salads are terrific. My friend had the crab tower and I had the lobster tail salad. Both were delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- What I do not understand isOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/19/2013What I do not understand is why they would close the kitchen with guests still eating dinner. We wefe told we could not order dessert because the kitchen was closed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost at GeppettoEarlVIPDined on 6/16/2013Although the food was good, we were seated in a far corner (although all the tables in the middle of the restaurant were unoccupied). We were placed there & then forgotten about by the wait staff...such a shame!
- overpriced, not very tastybilboDined on 6/16/2013overpriced, not very tasty food. Desserts, however, were great
- Good meal, kid-friendly atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2013We tried Geppetto's since we didn't have a reservation anywhere on a Sat night. It was a nice surprise. The food was good; it was a solid meal, but not unbelievably delicious. We sat outside and I enjoyed that on a nice warm June evening. They had menus with crayons for my 3 year old, so she was happy. I would definitely go back since the overall experience was a pleasure. I hear the pizza is very good, so maybe we will try that next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order the fish!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/7/2013Our experience was awful from the insulting waitress that felt like she needed to explain what a vegetable was, to the limited drink menu and horrible food (well, the appetizers were good). I hadn't been to Geppetto in almost 20 years, so I was excited when I found this location in Bethesda, but it was a terrible experience and I was very disappointed. The waitress also offered me a complimentary cup of coffee to make up for the terrible meal -__- When I told her that I didn't want the coffee, but would have a beer (because I definitely needed a drink after this experience) she was sure to make it clear that the beer wouldn't be free. Enough said.
- convenient to StrathmoreSilverSpringDinerVIPDined on 5/30/2013I let them know when I made the reservation that we had 8 pm tickets for Strathmore, and they were very accommodating. The pizza was excellent (lots of anchovies) but the salad was only mediocre. Very pretty place. Easy parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ordered the Caesar salad manyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/26/2013ordered the Caesar salad many times and it was always great. decided to try it with the tuna, which seemed to puzzle the waitress and showed it to her on the menu, BIG mistake. the pizza was great. but to mess up a salad? I will be back for the pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Puppets and Good Italian FoodRachelDined on 5/18/2013This small but lovely gem feels like a neighborhood restaurant but is quite continental and sophisticated. Geppetto's is just the place for a super pizza, great eggplant parmesan, salads, sandwiches or more elegant dishes. The wine is very good though a bit pricey but the food is moderately priced and truly a bargain for the great quality of all their dishes.Special Features:
- Not going back therefood4funDined on 5/12/2013We were very dissatisfied with our meal. The vegetarian lasagna tasted like frozen food. We were shocked when we received the bill for the quality that we received. There are too many fabulous restaurants in this area so I would not go back there.
- Our server was professionalMcDonaldVIPDined on 5/6/2013Our server was professional and attentive. Many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service. Nice whiteBrottoconnDined on 4/17/2013Excellent service. Nice white table cloth small Italian Restaurant. Great for lunch.
- we were in the mood for deepOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/14/2013we were in the mood for deep dish pizza and it was great.Special Features:
- Food and service were great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Food and service were great! Perfect spot for dinning before a show at Strathmore Music Center or anytime.Special Features:
- Food was good (fish special)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2013Food was good (fish special) but the noise was almost intolerable. I will definitely not go to the restaurant again on a weekend night.
- Good food, good serviceAEC71VIPDined on 4/3/2013Good food, good service, reasonable prices. Thank you!Special Features:
- Needs ImprovementAndreaKVIPDined on 3/16/2013For a pretty, busy restaurant in Bethesda, I was somewhat disappointed. The mussel appetizer was very good (a great start) but my husband and I found our main courses (spaghetti bolognese and veal piccata) fairly mediocre. They weren't bad - they just weren't that good. This really surprised us. We shared an excellent carrot cake for dessert but the decaf coffee that we ordered along with it was also pretty bad. This restaurant really needs to take it up a step. Come on - we're talking Bethesda....
- We had heard that the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/12/2013We had heard that the restaurant was a good place for kids. We found it quite the contrary with mediocre food and slow wait staff. Probably wont be going back.
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/1/2013Service was terrible. We were seated promptly but didn't see a server for quite a while Restaurant was so crowded and tables are on top of each other. Drinks and dinner were ordered at the same time. It took forever to get the drinks and when we asked why, we were told the bard was busy. Waitress had to pass food over me because tables were so close. Food was ok but I wouldn't run back there again.Special Features:
- Very disappointing foodReviewReaderDined on 2/16/2013Sorry to say the lasagna was one of the worst I've ever had. One of the first words describing the dish was pasta, well there was hardly any of it to find. It was mostly a mushy tomato meat mess with melted cheese on top. My husband described his dish as ok. The bread was also disappointing, very soft white Wonder breadish. The salad had a nice assortment of leaves. The room was pleasant and the service was good but those qualities certainly couldn't balance out the poor food. We will have to look elsewhere for a nice dinner out.
- Good standard italian food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Good standard italian food. We ate here prior to a performance at the Strathmore. It was convenient and quick, just what we were looking for.
- A rare find for a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013A rare find for a restaurant located in a shopping center.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian food, generouscrm813VIPDined on 1/24/2013Delicious Italian food, generous portions. Left very satisfied! Expect to return regularly.Special Features:
- I would not recommend thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/16/2013I would not recommend this restaurant. The service was horrific. There was an abundance of staff but they did not bother to check to see why we were sitting there without food for almost an hour. Getting someone's attention was difficult. When we finally asked what happened to our food it took another 15 minutes for someone to bring us the food. No one came in the interim to tell us what was going on. Considering that there was at most two other tables occupied there was no excuse for the lack of attention.
- Food was decent but nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Food was decent but nothing outstanding. Wine was overpriced. Overall OK, but not someplace I would go back to.
- Just regular uninspiring food,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/24/2012Just regular uninspiring food, and we had a forgetful server which made things worst.
- The food is always good andSkitripper1VIPDined on 12/22/2012The food is always good and comfortable. The seating is tight and unless you have a reservation, you may have a wait.Special Features:
- Five or six oldies lunch onceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/19/2012Five or six oldies lunch once a week. We sometimes eat at Geppeto's more often at Oakville Grill. As it was the week before Christmas we booked at Geppeto's the Grill being booked up. We got the worst table in the entrance corner opposite the kitchen very ungemutlich. Waiter took two orders for coffee but had to be summoned for wine orders. Food acceptable but not inexpensive.
- My spaghetti was stuck togetherdinerVIPDined on 12/17/2012My spaghetti was stuck together in a ball, the veal was dry and appeared to had been around for awhile. The chicken parm tasted like a frozen chicken patti in sauce. Very disappointing, as this used to be a good neighborhood restaurant.
- very averager in all ways.BettisVIPDined on 12/12/2012very averager in all ways. pasta was stickey and sauce was watery.
- It was "nice". It won't beLeenDined on 12/12/2012It was "nice". It won't be high on my "go to" list.Special Features:
- Pre-theater meal. Would considerJRMGottaEatDined on 12/4/2012Pre-theater meal. Would consider it again if I had another show in the area but wouldn't cross the river for the meal.
- Good dependable food. AhiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2012Good dependable food. Ahi tuna was good but not memorable - a little kick or flavor to the dressing would have made it memorable because all other parts of the dish were there. Pizza looked good but somewhat pricey I thought. Food came out really timely for lunch and that was appreciated. Would go there again if shopping or in neighborhood.Special Features: