108 Wainscott Stone Road
Wainscott, NY 11975Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.georgicarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (631) 537-6255
- Hours of Operation:
Friday, Saturday & Monday: 7:00pm - 1:00am (Final Seating at 11:00pm)
Friday, Saturday & Monday: 12:00am - 4:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Hesse/Seth Levine
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Offering on and off premise custom catering from Manhattan to Montauk or anywhere you might be! Georgica prides itself in being the Hampton’s premier catering company accommodating the areas most prestigious featured events. From the most intimate affairs to the grandest of gala's let us be your one stop shop for your catering and event planning needs. Please contact us so we may have the opportunity in catering your special event.
- Private Party Facilities: Let us cater personally to you and your guests in one of our private dining rooms. Order ala carte, or create your own custom menu. We are here to serve you!
- Private Party Contact: Sean 6315376255x
- Entertainment: The entertainment at Georgica is sure to keep you coming back for more. As the night progresses and the lights dim, the energy picks up and the crowd livens. Locals and socialites alike gather to hear world renowned DJ's and guest appearances by some of the biggest names in the music industry. A night out at Georgica is sure to be full of surprises and promises to be a night you wont soon forget.
A word from Georgica
Nestled in the exclusive hamlet of Wainscott in East Hampton, Georgica Restaurant and Lounge sits on the banks of the infamous Georgica Pond, for which it is named. Featuring grilled prime meats, fresh seafood and an innovative fine dining menu with sophisticated selections and an atmosphere to match. The owners of Georgica are hands on owner/operators taking pride in guest satisfaction, progressive food style and an extensive wine and beverage selection. Enjoy our modern American comfort cuisine from Executive Chefs Robert Hesse and Seth Levine while dining in the white-washed, breezy patios or in the intimate dining room. Later, join us in our ultra-sleek lounge and watch the Hampton Days turn into Georgica Nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Georgica reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)romantic (5)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)special occasion (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2014Very good food & value on a Monday night. Portion sizes seemed to vary a lot from fine to skimpy. This was their last night & their could have been some special thank you to their summer regulars, like a glass of sparkling wine. However, excellent filet mignon, grilled shrimps & sushi. A strange combination of restaurant & club/lounge.Special Features:
- FoodieLoverDined on 8/30/2014Great food choices. The waitress was a great a good combination of service and personality. Her recommendations were spot on.I loved her!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, pretentious clubOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2014Three of us went on a Mon. night at the end of the summer & on Mondays they have a $29 prix fixe with quite a few options. We all had the eel roll, a delicious combo of eel & pork belly. For entrees, we had the scallops & shrimps with sauteed vegetables, also very tasty, & two of the lobster rolls - a sushi roll with cooked lobster, which was a little tough & not too flavorful. For dessert there was panna cotta or sorbet. The sushi has been first rate. Don't know where the crowd comes from here. It's not a Hamptons crowd, more like mid-island & not too classy, but the food has been very good this summer - occasionally oversalted. The club is pretentious, with silly ropes on uncrowded midweek nights, & the valet parking is terrible!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014The food was really excellent, & much improved from earlier in the season, when we found it a little on the salty side. We had two different sushi rolls - spicy tuna, & eel & pork belly. Both were outstanding, although it was difficult to find the eel. Also had the grilled shrimp app & the veal chop. Both were very good. The cream sauce with fresh peas on top of the brown sauce with caramelized onions on the veal chop were a little fussy, but very tasty. The chocolate pot de creme dessert was sophisticated & delicious. Too bad it's only open 3 nights a week & just for the summer high season. We want to congratulate the very young & talented new chef! A wonderful debut!!Special Features:
- Very disappointing!MikeVIPDined on 8/15/2014The drinks were not constant, the lobster I ordered was tough and the desert was subpar!
- The following 103 reviews are from the Georgica reviews archive.
- Surprisingly enjoyableDiner52Dined on 7/19/2014Needing a last minute Saturday night dinner res (near impossible) at a human hour, we got one here. Despite the reviews, we had a lovely evening with very good food. The sushi rolls were delicious and beautifully served. The fried oysters were superb, but watch out for the salt bed they sit on. The fish and risotto were excellent. The veal chop had a few too many flavors going on. Desserts were delicious. The service was excellent. We could hear each other speak. All in all, a great evening. Prices are high like everything on the East End.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingmbd3VIPDined on 7/12/2014While the food was delicious, the portions were miniscule. My two women friends and I were OK but my husband was starving after dinner. And what restaurant actually has a policy of not serving bread?! This one! The policy is incomprehensible. Also, when we ordered one of the desserts to share, a dessert advertised as coming with vanilla ice cream, we were served chocolate ice cream and simply told that's all they had. We should have been offered the option of choosing a different dessert, as we had already ordered the chocolate pot au feu, which came with chocolate ice cream. Finally, the music is just too loud and while it was initially turned down at our request, as the dining room and bar became busier, the music became louder.Special Features:
- GourmetVIPDined on 7/4/2014A very offhand, almost non-existent greeting. Very tight seating. Food ok, nothing to rave about. Best was our waitress who was lovely. There are much better choices in the Hamptons.
- Great mealWestvillagecoupleVIPDined on 6/27/2014Food is great, our service was incredible he could not have been more attentive. It was a perfect Friday night meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There is a dinner hour at GeorgicaPeterVIPDined on 6/21/2014Having read about the prodigy, teen-chef, I booked a table. The family warned me that this is a nightclub that has a big scene and I worried when we strolled in to an almost empty shell at 7:30 pm but the staff WAS professional and the menu, while brief, is well mixed. The room we ate in filled and the watermelon salad, artichoke salad and grilled shrimp started us off on the right path (the Georgica sushi roll was average at best). The hake and chicken mains were really excellent. My take is that they could have a real dinner following if the prices were pulled back 20% between 7-9pm ($344 for four people to have dinner and wine is too much) but the potential for a dinner hour is there.
- See belowIlenedinesVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was delicious, however the service was not up to par. Also, no bread was served at the table, so waiting for the first course seemed ridiculous, since we were all hungry. The staff is not up to par. It took a very long time to get our check and we had to ask three people to finally get it. The restaurant needs to teach their servers to pay more attention to the diners and the kitchen has to get the food out in a more timely fashion. I would not recommend yet.Special Features:
- FunfoodieDined on 5/24/2014Have been here many times in the past and never had a problem. THIS time was a huge disappointment. Kitchen continuously got our orders wrong. Variety of servers (not wait staff) brought incorrect orders, etc. manager was very apologetic and accommodating. Turned out new kitchen staff an I guess the holiday weekend may have overwhelmed them with not enough time for very one to get on same page. Other tables around us had problems. One patron thought they've let the restaurant lag by focusing too much on the "club" part of the establishment. I can't say I won't go back because I loved it so much in the past but hopefully it's better next time.Special Features:
- the menu is limited and everythingmarcosVIPDined on 8/31/2013the menu is limited and everything is extra---- too pricey for small portions--- there are better places in the area that offer better value at the same price
- We had a 9:00 reservation.RandelaVIPDined on 8/24/2013We had a 9:00 reservation. When we arrived the restaurant was half empty. They told us our table wasn't going to be ready for 15 minutes so we should go to the bar. Really? They obviously wanted us to buy drinks. I called them on it and the manager said it was because our table was set for 8 and we were 9. But when they finally took us to the table it was still set for 8. The service was horrible. We had to ask for bread, we had to ask for our waiter to take our order. Food was hood but not worth the terrible service.
- Way overpricedsw5454Dined on 8/17/2013Went for dinner. We eat out in East Hampton all the time but this was not worth the money. The menu is shockingly limited so you would think with so few choices they would really be special, but they were not. Just average For two people, a glass of wine each, an appetizer each, an entrée each plus we split a side dish, $171.00 before tip. (Wine was two of their least expensive glasses. Dinners were mid-range price on their menu, not the highest prices). Service was fair. At some point after we got our wine someone came and asked us if we had gotten bread. We said no so he looked at us and asked us if we wanted some. Not high end. Filled our empty water glasses exactly once after we waived someone down and asked.Special Features:
- trendy hot spotLIfoodieDined on 7/27/2013The food here, although we weren't expecting it to be based on some reviews, was very good. The service was pretty good. The atmosphere was very energetic as it's an area hot spot. The pricing is definitely very high, even given the location. Drinks were approximately $20 each which is exorbitent, even for a trendy place.Special Features:
- HORRIBLEOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2013There are no words to describe how awful our dining experience was. We opted for a table on the closed-in porch because the noise level in the main room was intolerable. We were seated against a wall next to two large tables of people. The whole seating arrangement was terribly uncomfortable. Then came the food. To say it was below average would be kind. The servers were inexperienced and had trouble getting the food to the right table. The waiter we had was very nice but he couldn't overcome the disaster that is this restaurant. They are offering specially priced dinners and half price bottles of wine until 9pm. This must be a desparate attempt to stay in business. I can't imagine that this restaurant will be around next season.
- Perfect night as usualgp0566Dined on 7/19/2013dinner was perfect and so were the drinks and music after. Been here many times and will continue too. Antonio and his entire staff are aces!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner,MareVIPDined on 7/8/2013Excellent food and very good service. A consistently good restaurant which we always recommend to friends who come out to the Hamptons,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go back..nknycDined on 7/6/2013Food was good staff was sweet. Go early unless you're looking for the nightclub vibe. If not looking for that DO NOT go past 9pm.Special Features:
- Avoid!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2013WAY too loud for a restaurant, too dark to read the menu. Waiters uninterested in serving food -- not writing down orders and forgetting items. Their only real interest seems be luring in the rich and gullible for "bottle service" at their nightclub.
- Horrible service at GeorgicaJCF8VIPDined on 6/15/2013The waitstaff was so inexperienced as to be comical. Our drinks/food were delivered to the wrong table TWICE, and there was a near miss on the third time! There was a bevy of busboys and hostesses, but they just walked around and didn't provide much service. Probably the worst part of the experience was this: we waited FOREVER for our appetizers to come out and then the waiter tried to bring the main course out while we still had a fork in our mouths. I sent him back to the kitchen fearing that we would get the dishes back in an unsavory reheated condition. That did not happen, but it didn't matter because the food was really subpar across the board from appetizers to dessert. Georgica is a place for clubbing perhaps, but not for eating.Special Features:
- Expected better food for theThehungryrussianDined on 6/8/2013Expected better food for the price, drinks are small and very expensive and the server was not appropriate for the placeSpecial Features:
- Delicious food, great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Delicious food, great place to be however, the security was less then ideal. we had to wait 5 minutes for the security guard to finish his cell call making us late for our reservation. I have been here before and recieved much of the same, the security seems to think who they are. What they are are $10 an hour employees thinking they are better then everyone else. Its all the successful people dining here that pay these peoples salaries! The hostess, bartenders, waiters, bus staff are great though. A+Special Features:
- We went at 6pm with a threeJeffsabendDined on 9/2/2012We went at 6pm with a three year old and a 19 month old child and six adults and had a perfect evening. The staff was attentive and accommadating.The food was very good and more important they were great to the kids. See you next summer Thanks JeffSpecial Features:
- Fantastic experience. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012Fantastic experience. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- This was my second trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2012This was my second trip to Georgica and once again it did not disappoint. Food was delicious, drinks were outstanding and service was very good. Highly recommended, especially for groups looking to have a good time.Special Features:
- We had an amazing dinner lastOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2012We had an amazing dinner last night!! The service was great, the food was great, everything was wonderful! It was worth the drive, and we plan to come back in the future. Thanks!Special Features:
- This is a pretty good venueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2012This is a pretty good venue to go to with a group of friends. Food was pretty good - service was good enough but a bit chaotic. Had reservations for 10pm but didn't get a table until 11:30 or so. Granted we were 20 minutes late but we called ahead to let them know we were running slightly late. Luckily it was fun to hang out by the bar and get drinks before dinner. The place turns into a club late night but unfortunately the DJ was awful. Overall, we had a great time despite a couple of negative factors.Special Features:
- The service was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/25/2012The service was exceptional and ambiance was festive and stylish. The wine list was quite appealing. Sadly the food was not the main attraction -- good presentation but flavor and texture were average. The food was certainly not bad, but nothing worth mentioning as it could have any restaurant USA.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner experienceMareVIPDined on 8/20/2012We just dined here on Monday night. Te price fix is a great deal but the food far exceeds the other restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2012We had a wonderful dinner. Everything was excellent...food, drinks, servers, and the view. Just a great time; we will be back!Special Features:
- Service need to improve. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2012Service need to improve. Food was very good. Noisy porch dinning room. Tables to close.Special Features:
- Not sure if it was the hourOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2012Not sure if it was the hour that we dined or just that this restaurant doesn't pack it in ever. It was ok. So many options in that area at that price level that I wondered if the bill was worth it. The service was good, but then we there was only 2 tables in the whole restaurant. Pre fixe menu is a reasonable price in that area.Special Features:
- Georgica is really focusedTinaVIPDined on 8/11/2012Georgica is really focused on being a night club, not a restaurant.
- I was very disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012I was very disappointed with my visit to Georgica. The risotto appetizer was bland, watery, and undercooked. It had absolutely no taste. The Mahi mahi was very dry. Overall, the food is not high quality, waste of money. If you know what good food is, then you know it is not served at this restaurant. Conclusion: Utter Disappointment, will never go back.
- Party of 6, 3 peops had vealGood2GoDined on 8/3/2012Party of 6, 3 peops had veal which was very tough and lacked flavor. 3 of us had mahi mahi which was so over cooked and dry it was almost unedible. Rock shrimp and mussel appetizers were good.
- We'll be Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2012We went to Georgica on Monday night for the Prix Fix dinner. We were greeted by a friendly valet and then hostess. After having a drink at the bar- including the G-6,(WOW) we went into the main dining room- very pretty. Our waiter Steven was friendly and professional- very relaxed vibe the entire night Starting with the pretzel croissants,I knew this would be a fabulous meal. We ordered the rock shrimp, wedge salad, mixed salad, filet mignon, chicken, and salmon, and pommes frites so we could all taste each others food.I love how the servers presented the meal to each diner.What beautiful presentation! After enjoying our dessert-the cheesecake was so light-we just sat and talked, without be rushed out. Excellent evening out! Thank you.Special Features:
- Georgica strikes me as havingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/28/2012Georgica strikes me as having an identity crisis. Is it a restaurant? Is it a lounge? The problem with trying to be both is that one suffers at the other's expense. My wife and I went for dinner on a Saturday night. The place now looks like something you'd see in South Beach. The menu is limited. The music is loud. The AC is turned up. Appetizers were uninspiring. My wife had the tuna tartare. It had too much truffle oil. My salad with gorgonzola tasted like the dressing came out of a bottle. My wife's main course, a filet mignon, was perfectly cooked and the sauce on it was tasty. My main, the veal paillard, was mediocre at best- not very large with a salad on top that was so small it almost looked comical. Drinks were very pricey.Special Features:
- The restaurant is very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2012The restaurant is very nice atmosphere..the service was terrible, our waiter was clearly inexperienced and some what rude. The chef was not accomidating with even simple requests, such as including a different type of lettuce in a salad, even though it was available (offered in a different salad). The lobster bisque had NO taste at all. Overall, looks like a fun place to come for late night drinks but have dinner somewhere else first.Special Features: