950 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gbrowns.com/
- Phone: 2023934499
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:30pm (last seating at 3:30pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jim Foss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer limited off-site catering. Please call the restaurant and speak with our special events coordinator for more details at 202.393.4499. If you prefer, please feel free to email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: Looking for that perfect place to host your special event...well here we are. We can accommodate large groups in the main dining room with a menu designed especially for your birthday, anniversary, rehearsal dinner, corporate event or casual gathering. Whatever the occasion, we will help you create a memorable and personal event amid our beautiful setting.
- Private Party Contact: Ayanna Brown 2023934499
- Entertainment: We offer Live Jazz every Wednesday from 6:30pm until 10:30pm and Sunday's for our Jazz Brunch from 10:00am until 3:00pm. (The last seating for brunch is at 2:00pm)
- Cross Street: Between K and I Streets
- Public Transit: We are conveniently located near the McPherson Square metro station on the orange and blue lines. Exit the metro at Vermont Avenue and walk one-half block North on 15th Street. Traveling on the red line stop at Farragut North. Walk two blocks east on K Street. Turn right at the corner of 15th and K. We are mid-way through the block on the right.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer Valet Parking Service nightly beginning at 5:00pm and Sunday"s for our Jazz Brunch beginning at 10:00am. There is a fee of $8 per car. In addition, there are several near by parking garages and limited on-street parking. Please make sure to read the signs and meters in reference to time restrictions and fees.
A word from Georgia Brown's
Come and experience our lively interpretation of South Carolina Low-Country cuisine. Enjoy good southern food, servers who bubble over with hospitality, and a dining room that is truly distinctive. With its honey-colored walls, golden woods and bronze sculptures that crawl across the ceiling, designer Adam Tihany has created an atmosphere to awaken your senses. What better place to enjoy low country cuisine than in this contemporary environment celebrating the south. Offering the flavor of the South - the Soul of Washington; where we will be sure to leave a light burning in the window for you, our guests.Continued
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gbrowns
Visit our Facebook page: www.georgiabrowns.com/facebook
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gbrowns
Visit our Facebook page: www.georgiabrowns.com/facebook
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Georgia Brown's reviews from OpenTable diners
416 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (174)good for groups (147)fit for foodies (143)great for brunch (125)romantic (84)neighborhood gem (83)great for lunch (78)hot spot (58)great for outdoor dining (39)vibrant bar scene (36)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (22)notable wine list (20)scenic view (9)Show More
- I had a great time, it was my BDAYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The Jazz Band was great.. My lovely date asked the jazz band to sing happy birthday, I was zoned out !!!! Great nite and my lovely date was look gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmittyDined on 9/17/2014Great atmosphere Jazz playing the place was electric the place was packed and the food was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/17/2014The crab cakes were regrettable with way too much filler and overworked to the point of mush. The steak was plain and without much flavor. The greens, which are usually outstanding, were flavorless. I have been many times, and never had such a bad food experience.
- Nice but not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014Good service & beautiful restaurant. However, the food was heavy & definitely overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablePreciousDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our experience at Georgia Brown's. We were there to celebrate my husband's birthday. The dining experience as well as the food and service was excellent. Our waitress really helped to make the evening memorable and we are certainly planning to dine at Georgia Brown's again in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lillybOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I've dined at GB's on several occasions & over-all have been satisfied with the food & service. Recently, we were seated at a table next to the band which was NOT ACCEPTABLE for me or my guest. I asked for another table & was given one. GB's should be aware that the noise level is high (it's a small space in totality). I suggest if you're going to seat guests next to the band that first you inform them of where the table is located & then charge HALF-PRICE for their meal to make up for the noise!!! It's hard to have a conversation when you're in the band area--also, be aware that some one may have sensitivities to loud noises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner dateTriniDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant was too tight for myself and my husband. We were seated between two other couples and they were less than an arms length away from us and we litertally had to squeeze into our seats. We could hear their full conversation and they could hear ours and it was very uncomfortable. Though the food was good the seating and crampness took away from our dining experience. I personally will not return.Special Features:
- Great Business LunchSteveCDined on 9/12/2014A very good restaurant featuring southern cuisine. The lunch features a prixe fixe option, which features many of the restaurants principal entrees -- including fried chicken and gumbo. The appetizers were excellent. My only complaint would be the dessert -- for which there were no options, but the day's selection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014Great food and service. A bit loud to have a intimate conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The South RisesWizFanVIPDined on 9/11/2014We loved the cocktails, I had a mai tai. Fried chicken was the right portion. Greens were a little bland. Friends had the salmon and they gave it a thumbs up. Too full for dessert.Special Features:
- Delicious upscale Southern foodsjreastbayDined on 9/10/2014Had birthday dinner here, 11 years after our first visit and were not disappointed. My wife had the fried chicken, and I had the shrimp & grits -- both delicious. Appetizers were also very tasty -- fried green tomatoes, she crab soup, and Ma Brown's wedge salad (crisp, fresh with a tangy, slightly spicy dressing -- very refreshing on a warm DC evening). The entrees stuck to a traditional preparation, nothing fancy, but were exceptionally fresh & flavorful. Cocktails were also very well done (my wife had the sacerac, I had a classic Manhattan - a very generous pour). Service was friendly, efficient, and prompt. Pricewise, it's definitely a splurge, but worth it.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsstr1dmrDined on 9/9/2014We chose Georgia Brown's for a special occasion (party of 12) though we had never been before. It was outstanding! The exact memorable night we were hoping for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Travelin' manforeveryoungDined on 9/9/2014Great bar screen. Food was good and ideal for those seeking Southern cooking. Service and ambiance were also good.Special Features:
- Sweet!Skip2000Dined on 9/8/2014Great food! Our waiter was outstanding and the bar staff was exceptional. Will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceElieHADined on 9/8/2014For the 3rd time in 4 weeks, I had a nice meal at G Brown. It was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014It was quiet and nice for visiting with friends -- you could hear them talk. However, this may have been because there were few diners for Monday lunch. The menu was great with unique items offered, I took the luncheon deal and had salad, entrée, dessert, ice tea -- all in for under $30. Service was extremely good without being intrusive. Again, there were few diners so I can't compare it to a crowded restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for meVegasKidDined on 9/7/2014I attended Georgia Brown's for the first time for Sunday brunch around noon. I was very disappointed in the quality of the food (both brunch buffet and entree'). The buffet contained a bunch of food that seemed to have been sitting for some time. The turkey and ham were dry and the bacon slices were sitting in a tub of grease and overcooked. Typically, a live band during eating would be a good idea but not here. The waiters sit you so close to the band that you cannot hear your party speak a word. Most of our time was spent leaning towards each other trying to hear one another speak. With that said, the band was actually pretty good and played/sung good music. Only other bright spot was the omelette station as it was fresh and made to order
- As good as I rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I had not been to Georgia Brown's in a few years and I was glad to see that they quality of the food had not changed, nor the service that you get. They had chicken sausage which was exciting for me as I cannot eat pork. The live music was enjoyable and the waitstaff did their job well. I will continue to recommend for special occasions.Special Features:
- Poor Service OverallDivaDined on 9/6/20143rd time at the establishment. We received poor service via our waiter, food was fair tasting, and the noise level was very loud.
- Our 7th anniversary dinnerFood3gDined on 9/6/2014Georgia Brown's was a great place the atmosphere was cool and romantic. My wife had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Everything about this restaurant lived up to expectations. Very attentive wait staff.......lovely surroundings.....and Southern cooking done with style. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great place to dineReneeWDined on 9/6/2014Love this place, the food and service was excellent. Looking forward to dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!DougVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was amazing. We knew we were in for an experience the moment we walked in the door. It was difficult to decide what to order because everything looked fantastic. Jermaine was an amazing server. He made sure everything was perfect. I have not stopped dreaming of the cornbread!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it !!CordeDined on 9/5/2014This is my second time eating dinner here and I absolutely love the service and food here !! A wonderful place for dinner or a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good breaded chickenPaellalover1Dined on 9/4/2014Tasty, would come again. As a southerner I was definitely reminded of home. Decent wine selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy chicken liverMomonthegoDined on 9/3/2014The food is delicious, but you have to go into the experience ready to commit enjoying good southern cuisine (aka HEAVY). The chicken liver is listed as an appetizer, but I got it as an entree over a bed of grits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceNateDined on 8/31/2014At my wife's request we ate at restaurant to celebrate her birthday. Everything was great, our reservation was for 5:30 pm which is opening for dinner on Sundays. We received great service and has an awesome meal. Will recommend Georgia Brown's every time asked for a special dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice bday sunday brunchJenerettDined on 8/31/2014The food was good. The desserts were the weakest part of the meal, they were dry & not that tasty. There was a long backup at the buffet but it cleared. It is crowded & loud but it's great. The jazz band was excellent. Good times & good eats. I just wish the restaurant was larger, it's difficult getting back & forth from your seat to the buffet. We took our entrees to go (the fried chicken & the salmon). They were very good. The waiter was very attentive. The serving spoon for the syrup accidentally fell in the dish of syrup but they were speedy about replacing it. Definitely a Sunday brunch place worth visiting & enjoying. Plus the valet parking was extremely convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catfash KillersundaynycbrunchDined on 8/31/2014Love this place and the good is great! Go for happy hour M-F 3-7Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It PAINS me to write this...FeedmeeDined on 8/30/2014It PAINS me to write this because I LOVE Georgia Brown's. When I was in DC this summer I dined there for lunch an dinner twice because the food was so good. I was thrilled to share the experience with my family while we were in DC over Labor Day weekend and unfortunately the food was bland; nothing like my previous experiences. It was disappointing, especially after how much I hyped up the restaurant to everyone. I don't know what chef was on duty that evening but the result wasn't up the GB standards.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious southlookingforgoodfoodDined on 8/30/2014We discovered this restaurant on a weekend trip to Washington. Conveniently located within walking distance of the Capital Hilton where we stayed, Georgia Brown's serves up southern cuisine with a contemporary flair. I had the fried chicken, mashed potatoes and collard greens. It was flavorful, tender and not greasy. My daughter had the catfish offered grilled or breaded with cornmeal and fried. She selected the grilled version over rice. The fish was spicy but not overpowered by the seasonings. The biscuits and cornbread were served with a delicious peach butter. There is a large selection of wines and cocktails. The ambience is southern elegant. It was a nice experience and I would definitely recommend Georgia Brown's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved IT!!!NDB83127Dined on 8/30/2014Great experience for my date and I!! Unforgettable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations... Required?Out4LunchVIPDined on 8/28/2014D.C. in August... fairly slow. But we made a reservation because Georgia Brown's is written up on more sites and guidebooks than it might warrant. The policy of leaving a credit card to confirm a reservation is somewhat annoying, and they called to confirm multiple times. We were set for a vibrant, energetic scene. Apparently it was more an assurance that someone would be dining there, not that they'd have a table. We were sat at a table for 6... right near the kitchen... in an empty restaurant. I kept smelling burning food. The wine list is mediocre at best. The cocktails were good, the warm bread was tasty (though a few pieces were burned). The food tasted good, the portions were reasonable, and had some interesting flavor combinations.Special Features:
- Pricey for the QualityFanta61Dined on 8/28/2014I was not as "blown away" as I expected to be. I had been wanting to dine here for many months. It might be that this was a low season (just before Labor Day weekend) so there might not have been as much of an incentive to impress. My guests and I could not understand why dessert was served in a Pyrex measuring cup - it did not reflect the decor nor fit the overall dining experience at all. Even a mason jar would have been out of place with the table setting. I might give it another chance with a Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Add this to your listOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014We spent a week on the east coast where each night we had a great dinner (thank you trip advisor!) and this was the best. I had shrimp and grits (shrimp no longer has a head) and it was fantastic. Honestly, if it wasn't our last night in DC we would have cancelled our reservation for the next night and gone back to Georgia Brown's. We ate outside, perfect weather. It wasn't noisy and people watching was fun.Special Features:
- Sweet Georgia Brown!NYAJawesomeDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I went to Georgia Brown's for a pre theatre dinner The service was impeccable. Our waiter was very responsive and explained each dish and appetizer fully. My wife had the pork chop which in many ways was left a good steak. I wanted to try something different and had the Charleston Perlau which was delicious. The combination of flavors of the shrimp, andouille, and duck was unbelievabe along with the flavorful red rice. Georgia Brown's is a downtown gem!Special Features:
- Lunch timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Business lunch. Excellent service, good food and a suitable atmosphere for discussion. I will plan additional luncheons there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern FoodEdwinaDined on 8/27/2014We found the food at Georgia Brown's to be on the heavy side. We did enjoy however what we ordered.They had a jazz group playing which made talking at the table difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Last Night out in D.c.FoodfirstDined on 8/25/2014We found Georgia Brown's on Open Table. Their web sight and reviews were very inviting. My crew includes 4 kids ages 7-13. I Loved that they provided 1/2 portions of certain dishes rather than the drab children's menu. Two had Fried Chicken and one Mac and cheese. They loved it. I also had the chicken and it was delicious...... Not difficult to eat at all if you are dressed up. My husband and son had the cowboy steak and raved about it. I would definitely go back if I lived closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and good entertainmentgoodtogoDined on 8/24/2014We were a group of eight, and service was impeccable. food was great, and the entertaiment was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.