950 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gbrowns.com/
- Phone: 2023934499
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:30pm (last seating at 3:30pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jim Foss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer limited off-site catering. Please call the restaurant and speak with our special events coordinator for more details at 202.393.4499. If you prefer, please feel free to email your inquiry to email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Looking for that perfect place to host your special event...well here we are. We can accommodate large groups in the main dining room with a menu designed especially for your birthday, anniversary, rehearsal dinner, corporate event or casual gathering. Whatever the occasion, we will help you create a memorable and personal event amid our beautiful setting.
- Private Party Contact: Ayanna Brown 2023934499
- Entertainment: We offer Live Jazz every Wednesday from 6:30pm until 10:30pm and Sunday's for our Jazz Brunch from 10:00am until 3:00pm. (The last seating for brunch is at 2:00pm)
- Cross Street: Between K and I Streets
- Public Transit: We are conveniently located near the McPherson Square metro station on the orange and blue lines. Exit the metro at Vermont Avenue and walk one-half block North on 15th Street. Traveling on the red line stop at Farragut North. Walk two blocks east on K Street. Turn right at the corner of 15th and K. We are mid-way through the block on the right.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer Valet Parking Service nightly beginning at 5:00pm and Sunday"s for our Jazz Brunch beginning at 10:00am. There is a fee of $8 per car. In addition, there are several near by parking garages and limited on-street parking. Please make sure to read the signs and meters in reference to time restrictions and fees.
A word from Georgia Brown's
Come and experience our lively interpretation of South Carolina Low-Country cuisine. Enjoy good southern food, servers who bubble over with hospitality, and a dining room that is truly distinctive. With its honey-colored walls, golden woods and bronze sculptures that crawl across the ceiling, designer Adam Tihany has created an atmosphere to awaken your senses. What better place to enjoy low country cuisine than in this contemporary environment celebrating the south. Offering the flavor of the South - the Soul of Washington; where we will be sure to leave a light burning in the window for you, our guests.Continued
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gbrowns
Visit our Facebook page: www.georgiabrowns.com/facebook
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gbrowns
Visit our Facebook page: www.georgiabrowns.com/facebook
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Georgia Brown's reviews from OpenTable diners
437 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (181)good for groups (160)fit for foodies (154)great for brunch (123)romantic (92)neighborhood gem (85)great for lunch (83)hot spot (62)great for outdoor dining (41)vibrant bar scene (41)late-night find (30)notable wine list (22)kid-friendly (21)scenic view (8)Show More
- Attended 9/28OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014FOOD WAS AMAZING. GREAT MENU OF BUFFET ITEMS as well as ENTREE. Nice music. Relaxed atmosphere. Service was okay, but noticed server accommodated a large section of tables (may have just been overwhelmed). Overall great place and would like to return.Special Features:
- Great DC RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014This is an awesome restaurant! A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fitting end to DC weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I was looking forward to the Jazz Brunch @ Georgia Brown's for our last day in DC and was not disappointed. However, you have to be prepared for a LOT of food. The three "acts" of buffet, entree and dessert can be overwhelming, so if you have a way to take the entree with you and have it for dinner, that would be recommended. We sat near the Jazz Trio and thoroughly enjoyed the music. As this was not an inexpensive venture, saving it for a special occasion might be the way to fit it into your budget. But the great and delicious food, the terrific service and the wonderful ambiance so close to the White House was just what I was looking forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Food was amazing, service was speedy!Definitetly a great dining experience. Not the most intimate because of so many people but thats understandable the food is so good ofcourse everybody wants to eat there. A1 for sure!!Special Features:
- Worst hostess in the world!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We arrived at 7:58 PM dinner reservations for 8 PM. One of the people in our party was sitting at the bar so we proceeded to say hello and get one drink at the bar. At 8:06 PM I checked in at the hostess table in which she replied "what timere is your reservation?" When I said 8 PM she said "I didn't see you at 8 PM (6 mins ago) and I don't have a table for you and I don't know what to tell you and maybe sometime tonight I'll have a table. I thought maybe she heard me incorrectly so I said "it's only 8:06pm and she replied "I don't know what to tell you." This lady really needs to be trained on how to speak to customers!!! I spoke to a very nice gentleman at the front desk in about 30 seconds later we had a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family CelebrationfoodieatheartDined on 9/27/2014Sweet Georgia Brown, I would like to start by saying that you made our dinning experience for our daughter 20th birthday very enjoyable. The service from the valet parking to the very end was great. The server and all the dishes was simply awesome and we had a great time. My wife and I look forward to having a date night there to try few of the other dishes on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's Birthdaytito86Dined on 9/27/2014We visited on a Saturday evening at 6 p.m. It was busy but, the service was exceptional! The food was very good as well. I had the lamb chops and the side were lukewarm and that is my only complaint. Overall, one of the better places to dine in the area! Enjoy your visit.Special Features:
- Great for groupsadamdwightgDined on 9/27/2014Came here on a Saturday afternoon -- Deeply appreciated that GB's will accept weekend reservations & not make you wait to call in the early evening ON Saturday to place one (many new places in DC do this, which is tough when people are coming in from out of town). Staff was nice, waiter was extremely helpful & patiently explained items on the menu for an adventurous person in our group who wanted more info. We got the deviled-egg sampler for our appetizer & felt that the texture of crab and egg do not really go together well. Shrimp and grits I had were tasty, as were any of the dishes we tried that included a broth, but be sure to ask, since the chefs re-imagine many traditional dishes, i.e. Jambalaya is actually served w/o broth.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/26/2014Too loud cannot hear conversation. Food is mediocre
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014The best thing about the evening was the valet parking and biscuits/cornbread before dinner. She crab soup and crabcakes were subpar. Fried meatloaf was good. Noise level was a detractor from enjoyment. Service was ok, nothing special.Special Features:
- The Georgia Brown's experienceMsGeorgiaPeachDined on 9/24/2014This is my third visit to Washington DC on business. During my first visit, individuals whom I met during my stay introduced me to Georgia Brown's as a must do activity when visiting DC. After that first dining experience, I have made it a point to make Georgia Brown's a staple when I visit DC. This time, I stayed overnight and introduced my husband to the wonderful ambience, service and food. Additionally impressive to him is that when we arrived at the restaurant, we had a waiting reservation which I made on-line prior to leaving New Jersey. I will always use OpenTable to reserve a place at Georgia Brown's. And I will always make a point to dine at Georgia Brown's when visiting DC.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and foodWVcoupleDined on 9/24/2014Short notice reservation. ABOVE excellent service. I was there to catch up with my brother who I had not seen for some time. We were absolutely in no hurry at all but the waitress constantly checked on us and made sure we knew we were being looked after. Often, after you get a meal the service dwindles or disappears but not this occasion. Our waitress kept up with us and made us feel extra special. On top of that, the food was amazingly good. Best chicken livers I have ever had. I went light and still took home half of my meal. Great music and even though the place was super busy, we had no trouble conversing and having a wonderful time. I can comfortably say that we will be repeat customers whenever we visit DC. Thanks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014Had a great time. Food is relatively unique for the Washington area. Was there on an evening with a jazz band and the place was hopping. Talking was a bit difficult--it is loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014My waiter wasn't very attentive. I have hair in my drink as well as my food. Although both were delicious just the fact that there was hair in my food was a complete turnoffI would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServicebdaybineDined on 9/21/2014The waiter was friendly and courtesy and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch can't missMikeRDined on 9/21/2014Travelled from Baltimore just to experience the brunch with my "foodie crew". We all were beyond impressed. Food was GREAT and band was a perfect complement... Well worth the trip!Special Features:
- Mediocre/ExpensiveEnjoysAGoodExperienceDined on 9/21/2014-Service -- we were promptly greeted by the hostess and seated within five minutes of our time of reservation. Our server was NOT present/visible in for the vast majority of our time there. We got up to look for him twice, asked another server, and no one was able to locate him. We eventually saw him standing in a corner eating and drinking. - Food -- typical selection of breakfast items (sausage & bacon were cold), desserts, fruit, and a station for omelettes. - Band - the music began around 11:00, and the first set concluded around noon. The musicians were good, played some jazz standards, and sought to involve people on a minimal level. - Price -- the price per person is $40.95, expensive for an average dining experience.Special Features:
- Georgia Brown's dessertsFoodTasting20024VIPDined on 9/20/2014I went for dessert only. The dessert was not fresh and warm. I had the apple pie, I could tell that it had been sitting around for a well and was quickly heated up, but not heated up enough. My sister had the bread pudding and it was okay. My grandmother had the peach cobbler and it was the best dessert out of the three. The service and atmosphere were great! I would go again to try dinner, but I will pass on the desserts because I could tell they weren’t made fresh.Special Features:
- Not At All What I ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014I expected this place to have excellent southern cuisine. I didn't find that to be the case. I ordered the Deviled Shrimp (essentially crab stuffed shrimp). It was in a spicy sauce (wasn't noted on the menu). It came with spinach and mac'n'cheese. However, it was plated with 3 shrimp on the outer perimeter of the plate and the spinach in the middle with the mac'n'cheese on top. The Mac'n'Cheese had diced onions and tomatoes in it. I don't eat tomatoes and this also was not noted on the menu. My husband had steak which he enjoyed. His 2 sides were collard greens (extremly bland) and candied yams (as described on the menu). However, the yams were more like a sweet potato cassserole. I've had better at Boston Market!Special Features:
- Georgia Browns DCOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Georgia Browns. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly. We enjoyed the patio so the noise level was a little louder but still manageable. Southern style cooking. The Paella with dirty rice very flavorful and full of seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!MeggieDined on 9/18/2014Georgia Brown's has great food with terrific service. You couldn't ask for anything better!Special Features:
- lived up to expectations and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/18/2014The food was great, the service was wonderful. Came with two friends from out of town who had never been there and they thoroughly enjoyed everything. Would definitely dine there again.
- I had a great time, it was my BDAYCoachyyDined on 9/17/2014The Jazz Band was great.. My lovely date asked the jazz band to sing happy birthday, I was zoned out !!!! Great nite and my lovely date was look gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmittyDined on 9/17/2014Great atmosphere Jazz playing the place was electric the place was packed and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Noisy and Large PortionsgolfdivadinerDined on 9/17/2014This was a very pretty restaurant. The food was great although I am not a Southern food expert, but the portions were enormous. The noise level was "off the charts."Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/17/2014The crab cakes were regrettable with way too much filler and overworked to the point of mush. The steak was plain and without much flavor. The greens, which are usually outstanding, were flavorless. I have been many times, and never had such a bad food experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Do not beleive it was the cooks best day. The food is usually awesome.Special Features:
- Nice but not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014Good service & beautiful restaurant. However, the food was heavy & definitely overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablePreciousDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our experience at Georgia Brown's. We were there to celebrate my husband's birthday. The dining experience as well as the food and service was excellent. Our waitress really helped to make the evening memorable and we are certainly planning to dine at Georgia Brown's again in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lillybOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I've dined at GB's on several occasions & over-all have been satisfied with the food & service. Recently, we were seated at a table next to the band which was NOT ACCEPTABLE for me or my guest. I asked for another table & was given one. GB's should be aware that the noise level is high (it's a small space in totality). I suggest if you're going to seat guests next to the band that first you inform them of where the table is located & then charge HALF-PRICE for their meal to make up for the noise!!! It's hard to have a conversation when you're in the band area--also, be aware that some one may have sensitivities to loud noises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner dateTriniDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant was too tight for myself and my husband. We were seated between two other couples and they were less than an arms length away from us and we litertally had to squeeze into our seats. We could hear their full conversation and they could hear ours and it was very uncomfortable. Though the food was good the seating and crampness took away from our dining experience. I personally will not return.Special Features:
- Great Business LunchSteveCDined on 9/12/2014A very good restaurant featuring southern cuisine. The lunch features a prixe fixe option, which features many of the restaurants principal entrees -- including fried chicken and gumbo. The appetizers were excellent. My only complaint would be the dessert -- for which there were no options, but the day's selection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014Great food and service. A bit loud to have a intimate conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The South RisesWizFanVIPDined on 9/11/2014We loved the cocktails, I had a mai tai. Fried chicken was the right portion. Greens were a little bland. Friends had the salmon and they gave it a thumbs up. Too full for dessert.Special Features:
- Delicious upscale Southern foodsjreastbayDined on 9/10/2014Had birthday dinner here, 11 years after our first visit and were not disappointed. My wife had the fried chicken, and I had the shrimp & grits -- both delicious. Appetizers were also very tasty -- fried green tomatoes, she crab soup, and Ma Brown's wedge salad (crisp, fresh with a tangy, slightly spicy dressing -- very refreshing on a warm DC evening). The entrees stuck to a traditional preparation, nothing fancy, but were exceptionally fresh & flavorful. Cocktails were also very well done (my wife had the sacerac, I had a classic Manhattan - a very generous pour). Service was friendly, efficient, and prompt. Pricewise, it's definitely a splurge, but worth it.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsstr1dmrDined on 9/9/2014We chose Georgia Brown's for a special occasion (party of 12) though we had never been before. It was outstanding! The exact memorable night we were hoping for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Travelin' manforeveryoungDined on 9/9/2014Great bar screen. Food was good and ideal for those seeking Southern cooking. Service and ambiance were also good.Special Features:
- Sweet!Skip2000Dined on 9/8/2014Great food! Our waiter was outstanding and the bar staff was exceptional. Will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceElieHADined on 9/8/2014For the 3rd time in 4 weeks, I had a nice meal at G Brown. It was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014It was quiet and nice for visiting with friends -- you could hear them talk. However, this may have been because there were few diners for Monday lunch. The menu was great with unique items offered, I took the luncheon deal and had salad, entrée, dessert, ice tea -- all in for under $30. Service was extremely good without being intrusive. Again, there were few diners so I can't compare it to a crowded restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.