415 Sansome Street
San Francisco, CA 94111Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.georgessf.com/
- Phone: 4159566900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Lunch: 11A - 3P
Happy Hour: 3P - 6:30P
Dinner: 5:30P - 10P
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michael Bilger
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please visit our website for Georges CATERING service. We cater large parties, special events, business meetings or you can host your private party at Georges restaurant.
- Cross Street: Clay
- Public Transit: Bus stop across the street from restaurant: 10, 20, 41, 30x, 82x
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Public parking garages on Clay, on Kearny and in Embarcadero Center 2 blocks away.
Convenient parking on street in front of restaurant after 6PM until 2AM.
A word from Georges
Georges in San Francisco's financial district is dedicated to offering sustainable seafood and locally-grown organic produce in a friendly atmosphere at fair prices. Georges will be open for lunch and dinner and is a great place to gather after work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Georges reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)great for lunch (39)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (13)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (8)notable wine list (7)romantic (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This place is great! From the owner to the meals to the send off! We will be back!Special Features:
- A great find!MmarcusDined on 8/14/2014I have only been here twice and both times it was fantastic. The restaurant focuses on seafood. The fish tacos and tuna meatball pasta were both excellent. The dishes are creative, high quality & reasonably priced. I recommend this restaurant 100% and will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014Service and the food was very good, we especially enjoyed their specialized gin and tonics! Smaller portion options allowed me to try more things on the menu and satisfied our seafood craving. We went on a weekend night, and we loved that there was free/accessible street parking everywhere.Special Features:
- A real findjaniDined on 8/7/2014Friendly and fun with great food! We tried this place because it touted organic and sustainable fare. It was a pleaseant surprise-nothing stuffy or presumptuous about the staff and the food was wonderful. We've already recommended Georges to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried something newpfoxsfVIPDined on 7/30/2014Had the salmon, avocado and butter lettuce salad - great meal for a warm day. dressed perfectly and paired nicely with a little bubbly. The noise level is pretty unbearable during the lunch rush but worth it for the consistently excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MsPickyDined on 7/22/2014I had the Idaho trout (second time) and it was delicious, served with mashed potatoes and spinach--wanted to lick the plate clean! Incredible. Service was perfect--there when we needed him, yet not interrupting us every 5 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown SF GemOndinaDined on 7/17/2014The food was delicious, fresh and healthy. We are foodies but also health nuts and this place satisfied both..; ) The service was excellent. We arrived tired and hungry and left pleasantly surprised at how rejuvenated we felt. This place is a must!Special Features:
- disappointed dinerlsw123Dined on 7/16/2014Had an early lunch with my husband to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. While food was fine and personnel was friendly, our waitress was not. She seemed to be rushing us out of the restaurant even though there were empty tables around us. In fact, she didn't even ask if we want any desserts, which we were looking forward to. She just gave us the check as we barely finished our meals without even asking if everything was ok or if we want anything else. Needless to say, we just left and gave minimal tip due to the lack of service and abrupt demeanor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- George's was a good place to visitCynsf1VIPDined on 6/27/2014A friend of mine took our office mate out to lunch because she was retiring. We were served immediately and did not feel at all rushed. The service was good, the food was also good, so I recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice place to have a casual lunch.Special Features:
- $20 corkage, great service and foodMagnamosaDined on 6/10/2014visited this spot during DAT and it was our favorite of the 4 restaurants we tried.. Service and food were great! started with a racer 5 beer from san diego which you don't see everywhere and is delish. appy's were the grilled artichoke special and ono ceviche both very good but the choke was undercooked a bit. it was replaced quickly and without question. mains were tuna and scallops both melt in your mouth. dessert was their homemade hot sugar donuts which were plenty to share and oh so delicious. liked the atmosphere and vibe of the place and will be back.Special Features:
- uvuuvuDined on 6/7/2014The specials (the cioppina and pizza) were really tasty. Perfect. Everything else we ordered was really salty and pretty inedible. The mixed drink I ordered (blueberry bubbles) was nothing special but wasn't bad; it was decent. Service was also spotty. The pizza came out but the waitress didn't provide us with any fresh clean plates.
- A little loud, but food is great!!!TordlesDined on 5/28/2014Good is great, however, ambientusic a little loud and tabling should feel a little ore exclusiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJML228VIPDined on 5/27/2014The concierge at our nearby hotel recommended the restaurant as a good place for fresh seafood. Found the menu extremely limited with not much variety. The ambience was just OK. Very loud in spite of being small. The food was tasty but not well presented.
- luvsgoodfoodluvsgoodfoodDined on 5/27/2014We had an early lunch and it was wonderful. We had the trout and the tacos and both were excellent. Our server was very efficient and very pleasant. The decor is modern but comfortable although by the time we left it had gotten quite noisy. We will be going back for lunch again to try other dishes.Special Features:
- Great experienceMickeyVIPDined on 5/24/2014Met cousins for dinner. They eat here often. Everything was delicious and the service was attentive.Special Features:
- Good for seafood.FalconVIPDined on 5/22/2014First time. Food and service was good, but a bit on the noisy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night SpotGinamarieDined on 5/16/2014We had dinner here on a Friday night and found that it was crazy crowded like much of the FiDi at that time. We loved the grilled artichoke and the ono ceviche. The house made tonic paired with any of the locally produced gins is a must try! Service was nice but a little slow--I think we were "out of sight, out of mind" since we opted to sit outside. Would come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Delicious and AiryeatingoutismyhobbyDined on 5/16/2014I love how George's is open and airy. The ceilings are high and the kitchen is in full view of the restaurant. Great lunch menu with lots of delicious seafood options. I will definitely be back for the happy hour ($1.50 fresh oysters).Special Features:
- Food is GreatOlinecoachDined on 5/14/2014I have been to Georges a couple of times now and each time, I have enjoyed my meal. So did my guests. The service was wonderful and I would highly recommend this restaurant for your next lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show DiningEastBayExplorerDined on 5/13/2014We went to Georges before a performance at the Eureka Theatre. Service was outstanding, and the wild King salmon and the scallops for our two entrees were delicious, as was our Caesar salad to start. Easy walking distance from Embarcadero BART and the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for foodiesTropicalVIPDined on 5/12/2014This restaurant is one of the worst I went in the last 10 years! First when I looked online there are completely other offers then on the menue in the restaurant. The starter was greezy and not good. The fish I had was burned and completely over salted! The sauce was one of the worst I ever had and the only positiv part was the decoration. The atmosphere is not great and the kitchen is to close yo the table. The wine was so so and the overall price is far to high depending on the quality. Overall my stomach was not doing great after the visit. Never again.Special Features:
- consistent and welcomingquietdinerVIPDined on 5/8/2014This is my go to spot when I go to lunch. The tables are a bit close but the food and welcoming atmosphere make up for that. Everyone from the cooks behind the line to the host at the front always seem happy to see you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome and unexpected jewelOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/2/2014Kaitlyn was superb! The food was remarkable and some of the best dishes the whole table could remember. We had wild King salmon, duck breast, pizza and trout along with polenta calamari and Ahi tuna. The cocktails were great and the staff was all very accommodating. A++
- Delicious Dinner!ann307Dined on 4/28/2014The food was very good at Georges. The service was terrible. The noise level was really loud. It was very hard to hear what anyone was saying. I would recommend it only for the food, not the service or ambience.Special Features:
- Delicious SeafoodMrsjDined on 4/26/2014Had a wonderful dinner. The oyster shooters & the Ono ceviche started us off well. I had a delicious Salmon & my husband had scallops. All if this topped off with great gun drinks (my drink if choice) & housemade tonic! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 497 reviews are from the Georges reviews archive.
- Lunch with my husbandMissvicVIPDined on 4/17/2014Usually just eat here with business friends - consistently good food, good service, pleasant and healthy. Recently invited my husband to join me as I know he had never dined here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real findrwasiriusDined on 4/12/2014The service was excellent the food interesting and will prepared, nice combinations of flavors. the mouse desert was especially good with 4 flavors combined in pairs, clever and tastySpecial Features:
- Perfect spot to take a clientthebusinesslunchVIPDined on 4/8/2014Perfect spot to take a client to lunch. A little noisy, but great food, great service, and you are in and out in an hour or less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still terrificJessMVIPDined on 4/8/2014I hadn't been to Georges for a while and was happy to see that the food remains as outstanding as ever! My party had the fish sandwich, fish tacos and an entree with seared tuna on top of a garbanzo pancake. All three dishes were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sea foodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/4/2014Great sea food, nice wine list and interesting cocktals. Very good service. A bit cramped and loud, but not a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at GeorgesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2014Had never heard of this place but my friend wanted to meet somewhere near Bart where he could have seafood. Highly reccomend the specials they have. Owner and staff friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Every place has an off dayMissvicVIPDined on 4/3/2014Service was not good today - not sure what the problem was - but she was not on her A game today. Service was slow. Food coming out of the kitchen was slow. Didn't feel like there was much attention to making sure we were all happy. Acoustics seemed worse than usual - very noisy. Overall, not what I normally expect at Georges - I love the food, usually love the service, but every restaurant has a bad day, and unfortunately we got to experience it with them today....(:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, not wow, but okayBigNightVIPDined on 4/1/2014Nice place, but nothing to rave about. I had the infamous fish tacos. I guess I'm spoiled by a dive on the Peninsula that had fish tacos that are amazing. The service was prompt, wine was pricey per most restaurants, and my guest liked her seared ahi tuna. Would I go back? Maybe, but nothing memorable on this trip.
- My review is for lunchKoshkaVIPDined on 4/1/2014My boss took me there for lunch and we both enjoyed our meals. The inside is very nice. Neither or us were WOWED but it was enjoyable.Special Features:
- A great spot downtown thatNiqueDined on 3/28/2014A great spot downtown that I would definitely recommend, the food is great and the service was really good! I would not go with more than 4 people in a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best places toJunnieDined on 3/25/2014One of the best places to have a authentic "Ceasar Salad"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary service, personalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014Extraordinary service, personal attention. The cioppino was the best I've ever had; Great vibe but too loud for serious conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotbharringtonDined on 3/18/2014We were looking for a restaurant close to our hotel, Le Meridian, and did not want a chain restaurant (Mortons, etc.). George's was great. Creative food and friendly team. I wish I could have the salad every night. Might be a bit energetic for a business setting, but great for a casual, fun meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You know what you are going to getMissvicVIPDined on 3/18/2014I love Georges - I know I can get my fish tacos with double guac - always exactly the same and just as fresh as if I were in Cabo. We shares a nice green salad, ice tea, and I had my tacos and my lunch friend had her seared tuna - exactly what we both wanted and what we always eat. Boring - no, yummy- yes, great service, attentive without being overbearing, anticipating what we needed and just doing it!Special Features:
- Good food, but...JaxonDined on 3/17/2014...it was difficult to hear myself think, let alone my dining companions during our lunch! Perhaps dinner service is quieter.