415 Sansome Street
San Francisco, CA 94111Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.georgessf.com/
- Phone: 4159566900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Lunch: 11A - 3P
Happy Hour: 3P - 6:30P
Dinner: 5:30P - 10P
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michael Bilger
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please visit our website for Georges CATERING service. We cater large parties, special events, business meetings or you can host your private party at Georges restaurant.
- Cross Street: Clay
- Public Transit: Bus stop across the street from restaurant: 10, 20, 41, 30x, 82x
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Public parking garages on Clay, on Kearny and in Embarcadero Center 2 blocks away.
Convenient parking on street in front of restaurant after 6PM until 2AM.
A word from Georges
Georges in San Francisco's financial district is dedicated to offering sustainable seafood and locally-grown organic produce in a friendly atmosphere at fair prices. Georges will be open for lunch and dinner and is a great place to gather after work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Georges reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (28)special occasion (14)good for groups (12)notable wine list (11)hot spot (10)romantic (9)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice SurpriseBarryDined on 10/11/2014We had an absolutely fabulous post theater dinner at George! The place is lively but we were able to talk at our table without screaming--so rare these days. Every dish we ordered was beautifully presented and exceptionally delicious. The service was outstanding. It couldn't have been better and I'll be returning often!Special Features:
- Great eats, a bit salty.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/6/2014We loved the happy hour specials! The waitress was kind to let us slip in at 5:59:59.
- Coasting on its reputation?OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/30/2014What can I say other than that our party of 6 was seated for our 7 p.m. reservation at 7:50; that the maitre'd/waiter offered no real apology for the delay but did say that he was "spoiling" us by comping us an extra order of crab cakes (which were delicious, as was the calamari); that same waiter promised one of our party the last sea bass and called out this order to the chef, only to tell us later that it was "gone"; that our main course of scallops was not particularly flavorful. Conclusion: I would neither recommend Georges to a friend nor return here, there are far too many other restaurants in SF which have across-the-board delicious food and treat their patrons with more respect.
- Wonderful seafood in a loud roomDLLovesToEatDined on 9/30/2014I went with five coworkers for a business meeting. The appetizers were pretty good (artichokes, ceviche). The main courses were really good (sea bass, tuna, and scallops. And the desserts were really good (apple pie sundae, chocolate). I would definitely return. Be warned though that the place is pretty loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the gnocchi!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/29/2014Great food and great service. High quality seafood and oysters were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Diamond in the Rough!RagsVIPDined on 9/27/2014I hesitate to rave too much about George's because I fear it will become another SF restaurant that you have to trip over yourself to get a reservation. But...seriously excellent food - fresh, great flavor combinations, excellent selections. I am a professionally trained chef and highly recommend this restaurant! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Very good little placeGoodfoodDined on 9/22/2014It was very nice little place for a dinner for two. Great food, excellent service and romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic meal!yummmDined on 9/19/2014Cioppino, crabcakes, and martini are among the best of these dishes that we have ever tasted anywhere! Caesar salad and Zeppole were very good. Stracciatella gelato was good but not up to the standards of the rest of the meal. On tap IPOs were great! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very Pleasurable Evening ExperiencePF2319Dined on 9/19/2014Had a reservation on a Friday night, and they were able to accommodate our late arrival. Service was prompt, and we were able to finish well in time for a show we were going to, and the staff worked with our schedule. I had the ahi tuna dish, which I thought was very flavorful, and my wife had the salmon dish, which she thought was fabulous. We shared a ceviche appetizer, which was unique and also good. Recommend to sit near the back of the restaurant if you prefer it to be a little quieter. Prices were reasonable and they had a decent wine selection. Overall, a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchKNW9VIPDined on 9/18/2014Three gal friends try to get together for lunch at least every two months. This is out go-to place. They have a seasonal salad that is out of this world. This time of year it is the Wild Salmon Salad. Absolutely delicious - every single bite. One of my friends had the heirloom tomato salad and loved it. This is just about the end of the heirloom season, however. Perfect place to gather for a great lunch, especially when you don't have much more than an hour for lunch. The noise level was higher than we remembered the last few times. We will always go back here.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantJeanPhilippeDined on 9/15/2014Good cooking, but not chef quality. Though the price would suggest
- Hidden gemTree68Dined on 9/13/2014Couldn't have gotten a meal any better. Salmon I had was perfectly cooked and excellently seasoned. My wife's trout was perfect as well. She said her mashed potatoes were the best she ever had. Great compliment from an Irish woman. When in town do not miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- open tablestephenVIPDined on 9/12/2014Open Table is a great way to find good restaurants when you are visiting a city for the first time, and Georges was no exception as the evening was a nice way to start our first meal in San FranciscoSpecial Features:
- Fantastic ServiceSunnyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful meal. The cioppino was amazing and my husband loved the oyster selection.Special Features:
- Fav in SFJeffVIPDined on 9/9/2014I have been to George's three times in the past two years. Great vibe, solid service, and excellent food. The food is innovative, the wait staff knowledgeable, and management is present at the restaurant. Solid bar as well! Not a very big place, so you are better off with four or less in your party.Special Features:
- Amazing service and food!princesspigDined on 9/6/2014Georges was an amazing find! My girlfriends and I had a night out in the city and I found Georges through the internet on top 10 spots for seafood. I am so happy I decided to book because the food was amazing and the service was too! Thank you to the owner for taking care good care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a great lunchHappyDinerVIPDined on 9/2/2014And I'd love to give it a try for dinner. Awesome Ono ceviche!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014We had the trout and tuna, both were delicious. Our waitress was friendly and made excellent recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouth Watering ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I'm still thinking about how amazing the food was. It was the first time I agreed to try pate with my Wife. She loves it and I never liked it as a kid. To settle an age old, 'try it again argument,' I did. It was incredible! We had to have dessert to top it off. It was fun to get warm, fresh donuts (and chocolate sauce) after a gourmet meal. 5 Stars!Special Features:
- Food good; very loudSparjoeVIPDined on 8/20/2014The food, in our case the trout, was tasty and cooked appropriately, but nothing exceptional. One party had the scallops and thought they were excellent. Noise level was so loud as to be distracting from the meal, and we sat in a back corner. Probably the relatively stark walls had something to do with that. Service was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This place is great! From the owner to the meals to the send off! We will be back!Special Features:
- A great find!MmarcusVIPDined on 8/14/2014I have only been here twice and both times it was fantastic. The restaurant focuses on seafood. The fish tacos and tuna meatball pasta were both excellent. The dishes are creative, high quality & reasonably priced. I recommend this restaurant 100% and will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014Service and the food was very good, we especially enjoyed their specialized gin and tonics! Smaller portion options allowed me to try more things on the menu and satisfied our seafood craving. We went on a weekend night, and we loved that there was free/accessible street parking everywhere.Special Features:
- A real findjaniDined on 8/7/2014Friendly and fun with great food! We tried this place because it touted organic and sustainable fare. It was a pleaseant surprise-nothing stuffy or presumptuous about the staff and the food was wonderful. We've already recommended Georges to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried something newpfoxsfVIPDined on 7/30/2014Had the salmon, avocado and butter lettuce salad - great meal for a warm day. dressed perfectly and paired nicely with a little bubbly. The noise level is pretty unbearable during the lunch rush but worth it for the consistently excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MsPickyDined on 7/22/2014I had the Idaho trout (second time) and it was delicious, served with mashed potatoes and spinach--wanted to lick the plate clean! Incredible. Service was perfect--there when we needed him, yet not interrupting us every 5 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown SF GemOndinaDined on 7/17/2014The food was delicious, fresh and healthy. We are foodies but also health nuts and this place satisfied both..; ) The service was excellent. We arrived tired and hungry and left pleasantly surprised at how rejuvenated we felt. This place is a must!Special Features:
- disappointed dinerlsw123Dined on 7/16/2014Had an early lunch with my husband to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. While food was fine and personnel was friendly, our waitress was not. She seemed to be rushing us out of the restaurant even though there were empty tables around us. In fact, she didn't even ask if we want any desserts, which we were looking forward to. She just gave us the check as we barely finished our meals without even asking if everything was ok or if we want anything else. Needless to say, we just left and gave minimal tip due to the lack of service and abrupt demeanor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- George's was a good place to visitCynsf1VIPDined on 6/27/2014A friend of mine took our office mate out to lunch because she was retiring. We were served immediately and did not feel at all rushed. The service was good, the food was also good, so I recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice place to have a casual lunch.Special Features:
- The following 513 reviews are from the Georges reviews archive.
- $20 corkage, great service and foodMagnamosaDined on 6/10/2014visited this spot during DAT and it was our favorite of the 4 restaurants we tried.. Service and food were great! started with a racer 5 beer from san diego which you don't see everywhere and is delish. appy's were the grilled artichoke special and ono ceviche both very good but the choke was undercooked a bit. it was replaced quickly and without question. mains were tuna and scallops both melt in your mouth. dessert was their homemade hot sugar donuts which were plenty to share and oh so delicious. liked the atmosphere and vibe of the place and will be back.Special Features:
- uvuuvuVIPDined on 6/7/2014The specials (the cioppina and pizza) were really tasty. Perfect. Everything else we ordered was really salty and pretty inedible. The mixed drink I ordered (blueberry bubbles) was nothing special but wasn't bad; it was decent. Service was also spotty. The pizza came out but the waitress didn't provide us with any fresh clean plates.
- A little loud, but food is great!!!TordlesDined on 5/28/2014Good is great, however, ambientusic a little loud and tabling should feel a little ore exclusiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJML228VIPDined on 5/27/2014The concierge at our nearby hotel recommended the restaurant as a good place for fresh seafood. Found the menu extremely limited with not much variety. The ambience was just OK. Very loud in spite of being small. The food was tasty but not well presented.
- luvsgoodfoodluvsgoodfoodDined on 5/27/2014We had an early lunch and it was wonderful. We had the trout and the tacos and both were excellent. Our server was very efficient and very pleasant. The decor is modern but comfortable although by the time we left it had gotten quite noisy. We will be going back for lunch again to try other dishes.Special Features:
- Great experienceMickeyVIPDined on 5/24/2014Met cousins for dinner. They eat here often. Everything was delicious and the service was attentive.Special Features:
- Good for seafood.FalconVIPDined on 5/22/2014First time. Food and service was good, but a bit on the noisy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night SpotGinamarieDined on 5/16/2014We had dinner here on a Friday night and found that it was crazy crowded like much of the FiDi at that time. We loved the grilled artichoke and the ono ceviche. The house made tonic paired with any of the locally produced gins is a must try! Service was nice but a little slow--I think we were "out of sight, out of mind" since we opted to sit outside. Would come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Delicious and AiryeatingoutismyhobbyDined on 5/16/2014I love how George's is open and airy. The ceilings are high and the kitchen is in full view of the restaurant. Great lunch menu with lots of delicious seafood options. I will definitely be back for the happy hour ($1.50 fresh oysters).Special Features:
- Food is GreatOlinecoachDined on 5/14/2014I have been to Georges a couple of times now and each time, I have enjoyed my meal. So did my guests. The service was wonderful and I would highly recommend this restaurant for your next lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show DiningEastBayExplorerDined on 5/13/2014We went to Georges before a performance at the Eureka Theatre. Service was outstanding, and the wild King salmon and the scallops for our two entrees were delicious, as was our Caesar salad to start. Easy walking distance from Embarcadero BART and the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.