George's Neighborhood Grill
6935 Lake Plaza Dr.
Indianapolis, IN 46220Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
George's Neighborhood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.georgesneighborhoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 3175771600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chuck Vinice
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from George's Neighborhood Grill
Welcome to George’s – where your family is our family. With our name on the door we make sure every item on our menu is delicious and every customer receives great, friendly service. Whether it is a small get together or a moment you want to remember for a lifetime, George’s would love to host your next event. Make sure you check George’s live entertainment schedule!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
George's Neighborhood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice LunchPjSteeleDined on 12/23/2013The food was good. Made reservations through Open Table and that was easy. Had to look for someone to come seat us but that is the case every visit we make here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- George's is one of our favoriteMikeDined on 12/4/2013George's is one of our favorite places to dine. The people there (especially Mike and Jim) are wonderful and very welcoming. The food is always great, especially their soups, and the service is simply outstanding! Their breads could be better but other than that, it is our favorite place to go for fun and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That nightAardvark7Dined on 11/2/2013Been to George's many times. That night it was extremely busy and noisy. My wife ordered the Phily cheese steak with only the onions, nothing else. It came with other items and she sent it back. Kitchen was slow, not only for us, but from what we could see, others too.
- First time customersBuzzDined on 10/16/2013This was our first experience at George's. I'm glad we followed through on the recommendation. Everything from the online reservation to the meal itself made an excellent dining experience. The food was very good and the service was outstanding. I would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday eveningOverallDined on 10/13/2013Food was great, nice & relaxed atmosphere, great change of pace from your traditional "chain" restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love everything about George'sjelworDined on 9/28/2013Dined at George's first because it has become one of our favorite places in Indianapolis and two because we decided to hold our son and fiance's wedding rehearsal dinner at George's and needed to meet with Jim George to make arrangements. Jim took the time to go over all of the possibilities and to help select a great menu. All the while we were also dining and our server Heather was doing a great job of keeping up with Mr. George's many requests as well as ours. In the end the service was outstanding and the food delicious. We'll be back not only for the rehearsal dinner but for many more dining occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for private partiesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2013Our class reunion used the private dining room a few years ago and it was just perfect. Staff helped with everything we needed. Had a birthday party in one of the private rooms this year and service was great. Thanks to all staff and owners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- George's is GRRREAT!!DickDined on 9/21/2013WE LOVE THIS RESTAURANT FOR AN EVERYDAY WEEKDAY MEAL AS WELL AS THAT SPECIAL DINNER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2013All of our friends have been telling us to check out George's for years. We finally did and now I am not sure what took us so long. Great food,the best service we have had in a long time, and a very vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a live band and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2013This neighborhood joint has ample portions, good service, a lively atmosphere and is priced well.Special Features:
- Previous times have been better...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2013We frequent George's as it is in the neighborhood. One server greeted us and took our order knowing it wasn't her table (which we tipped her for her work) but our actual server was a bit flighty. For a "family restaurant" I would expect the staff to be appropriately dressed, but it appeared they were dressed for a bar setting. Food came at odd times and manager walked by several times without clearing empty plates which is a big pet peeve since I too am a restaurant manager. We probably won't come for dinner again, but may stick to having lunch here. Hostesses were great and engaged in making sure our toddler was happy which is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 4HusbandAchefsoIamSpoiledDined on 7/19/2013We enjoyed all of our meals mmmmm yummy! The staff is great with a feeling of friendly care for our needs. Great food, great staff, I highly recommend this neighborhood diamond!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The weekend special PrimeDannyDined on 7/6/2013The weekend special Prime Rib dinner was phenominal. Service was excellent - our waitress made the visit extraordinary.Special Features:
- George's Neighborhood GrillChicomanDined on 7/3/2013We dined alfresco. It was a beutiful night.The fish taco's were very good. The salads were fresh and well prepared. Service was less than adequate. We had to ask the not so busy waiter for everything. Not checking on your guest's is a fail. We will try it again to check if this was just a very busy night. The food and ambiance were good. so it derserves another try. The confirmed reservation that I made online was not received by the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outDebbieDined on 6/19/2013A group of friends and I recently ate at George's for dinner. As always, the food was great! We all had something different but everyone agreed their food was fantastic. The service was great...waiter was very personable and didnt seem to mind spitting the check six ways. The only downside to dining at George's that evening.....we were dining outside enjoying the beautiful evening....and people were smoking in the outdoor dining area. Since all restaurants forbid smoking inside their establishments, it was really disturbing to smell the smoke while we were eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great at George's!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2013Lunch, dinner or business meetings in one of their side rooms, George's always does a great job on taking care of you with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't had anything bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013Haven't had anything bad. Have always been happy with the food. Have spread the word. Thanks for Cathedral High School Pride of the Irish Band for introducing our family to George's.Special Features: