GEORGE’S KITCHEN – midtown
3404 North Miami Avenue
Miami, FL 33127Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
GEORGE’S KITCHEN – midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.georgeskitchenmidtown.com/kitchen/
- Phone: 3054389199
- Hours of Operation:
Daily lunch: Monday - saturday: 12:00pm - 16:00pm, Sunday brunch 10am-16pm
daily diner: Sunday-tuesday:18:00pm-23:00,Wednesday-saturday:18:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Georges 3052849989
A word from GEORGE’S KITCHEN – midtown
South Florida’s go-to French bistro has set a new concept, George’s Kitchen, in Miami’s Midtown neighborhood on January 2013. Owner George-Eric Farge, known as Miami’s godfather of French cuisine, is combining the success of his trendy South Miami Parisian café with upscale contemporary French cooking and a nightlife component in the Magic City’s up-and-coming area. In partnership with David Dallard and former Miami Dolphin Craig Erickson, Farge and his culinary team transport classic French dishes to the trendy neighborhood in a relaxed, yet luxurious setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
GEORGE’S KITCHEN – midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
- Open Table sent us to closed spot!ChazDined on 2/13/2014It makes us wonder about the accuracy of open table. George's was closed. We had driven into mami from Miami beach most other restaurants were booked. None of us had ever considered that Open Table doesn't update it's data. Afterward we discovered a review on Open Table also saying Geofges was closed. So Open Table was already informed.
- It was closed!DisappointedDined on 2/6/2014I made plans to meet friends there, made a reservation on open table, and when we arrived, during normal working hours, the place was closed. There is nothing on open table that indicated that it would be closed, and the hours of operation on the door showed that it should have been open. I've eaten there before, and it was great, but this trip was a monumental waste of time.Special Features:
- As Geroge is...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014In the tradition of this great french friend of Miami, this place rock!, food outstanding!! All french is great as usual....scargot, mussel, etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CutlerBayFoodieVIPDined on 1/18/2014Every minute at George's was a beautiful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT OPEN!!!ManuelDined on 1/18/2014You website allowed me to do the reservation for that day and the restaurant was not open, go figure!!!
- Great except the Valet parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014the place is really nice! I love the quality of the food and service is great!... The only issue is the valet parking service which is just around the corner. There is a 3 car space for selfparking using "pay to park" where you just have to pay 2.40 uds for 2 hours, but is used strategically by the valet guy who is parked exactlly in the middle where no other car fits and guess what? Yo need to pay the 10 usd valet service! How I knew is was his car? He was sitting inside when we came to claim ours and his car was there when we arrived!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLE EXPERIENCELAURAVIPDined on 1/2/2014WE WERE TRYING TO FIND A SPACE TO PARK, FINALLY WE DID BUT THE PAYING MACHINE DIDNT WORK WE WALKED TO THE RESTAURANTE AND ASK FOR HELP BECAUSE THE DIDNT HAVE VALET PARKING. THE WEITRESS INSTEAD OF TRYING TO HELP SAID THAT WE COULD GO TO PAY ONE OR TWO BLOCKS AWAY.OK. THERE. WE WERE GOING TO SOME BACK . TRYED ONE MORE TIME TO PAY ON THE MACHINE NOW WITH COINS . WE DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH. WE COME BACK TO THE RESTAURANTE TO ASK FOR CHANGE AND WHEN WE WERE DOING IT THE MANAGER OF THE RESTAURANT SCREAM THAT THEY DONT CHANGE DOLLARS FOR QUARTER¡¡¡¡ HE NEVER TOOK A MOMENT TO THINK THAT WE WERE CLIENTS¡¡¡¡ THEY SAID THAT IT WASNT HIS PROBLEM IF WE DIDNT HAVE WERE TO PARK......WE WILL NEVER GO BACK AND WE WILL NEVER RECOMEND IT
- Simple and goodInesVIPDined on 12/26/2013This was my second time dining at George's and the experience was delightful. The menu is very simple, which makes the choice easy, and the food is consistently good. The service was outstanding and our server made sure no detail was missed. She even noticed that the Fois Gras Terrine had been left uneaten and removed it from our final bill. The restaurant is pleasant and quiet if you go early in the evening. The second floor (which is open to main restaurant below), turns into a lounge with energetic music after around 11 PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Food at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2013There is nothing that is not worth ordering on this menu. Highlight for me are the terrine for the appetizer, truffle pasta and short rib burgeon for entree, and the apple tart for dessert. Cocktails and wines are great too.Special Features:
- Restaurant or disco scene?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/3/2013george's is like stepping into a scene from the 80s it's more of a disco scene then a restaurant the food is expensive and very mediocre I had made a reservation then was told when I arrived that I would have to sit at the bar but was given a glass of free champagne – my dining companion was not amusedSpecial Features:
- Fun times in midtownNataliaTennisDined on 11/23/2013We love going to George's in South Miami, so we thought let's give his other location a try. The atmosphere was just as lively. The restaurant is decorated differently and had a different vibe. The menus were also much different. But, overall, we has a fun time.Special Features:
- Misguided PrioritiesKennyOVIPDined on 10/24/2013This last visit to George's Kitchen was my second visit, and I was very disappointed with the lack of attention and service during this visit. After being seated, we were given menus and was ignored for 15 minutes before flagging down a waiter. If the restaurant was busy, I would have excused it; however, we were one of two tables in the restaurant with another couple at the bar. We eventually ordered a glass of wine, and waited another 15 minutes to order our meals. Instead of placing our order, we asked for the check, and dined elsewhere. Very bad service and disappointing experience.
- Good food!GabsaacVIPDined on 10/17/2013Small menu, classic french but the selection is very good! The steak ans truffle risotto were amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In cannot provide a feedbackCaritoVIPDined on 10/13/2013We arrive at the restaurant on Sunday October 13th and it was CLOSE!! , Next time please let us know when I make the reservation that the restaurant is CLOSE
- Excellent SpotJohnnyFiveVIPDined on 9/19/2013We got lucky and not too packed but had an incredible time and enjoyed the food immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb service and food !PauloVIPDined on 8/1/2013Recommend ! The food is incredible and the people is more than kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skimpy Portions.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2013Great good, skimpy portions, sub par service. I almost felt they were running out of short rib because my portion was so small.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was celebrating Bay withIvetaVIPDined on 7/15/2013I was celebrating Bay with a friend and I was looking forward to visit this “great " restaurant in Midtown. What a disappointment! All though it is beautiful restaurant with great ambiance, the food was below par. The soup was lukewarm, with no flavor, the escargot was over salted and bread? The expectation in French restaurant is that they will offer bread baguette, or nice crust bread. This was dry out piece of dough from Publix. The only positive part of this dinner where scallops, perfectly cooked, but guess what? Over salted again. As this was a celebration we asked for glass of wine, and to our surprise they only had one kind of wine by glass. George’s kitchen it is a shame!Special Features:
- Loved it!!!mwilmothDined on 6/23/2013When we arrived we were greeted with a special George's glass of champaign. Ambiance was amazing and waitress was personable and knowledgeable. I'm certain I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2013Had not been before. The short ribs bourguignon were excellent. The wood fired rib eye for two was tender and flavorful. Served with creamy whipped potato concoction and steamed spinach leaves. Great! Also, they served a St. Emillion by the glass that was really worth the price. Surprising. No room for dessert, so I cannot comment on that. The waiter and bartender could not have been more friendly. We'll be back. It would be fun with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful addtion to midtownderamiDined on 6/8/2013This is really a favorite restaurant of ours after only visiting once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2013It's a good restaurant and has an awesome lounge upstairs. The wine list could be better and is a little bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, with deliciousGismondaVIPDined on 5/25/2013Excellent service, with delicious food. The octopus starter is wonderful, as were the mussles for the main course.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceMimiVIPDined on 5/1/2013Terrible! I would not recommend it to any good friend...only to my enemies.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/11/2013Excellent food excellent service! I adore the complimentary glass of bubbly and the service. We had halibut, and a rib eye, both amazing!!! I will be coming back!Special Features:
- Great ambiance!CandlelightVIPDined on 4/11/2013if you're looking for a place with great vibe and cool people, this is it! The decor is very cozy while being modern. The service is good and the food is ok. Some dishes are better than others but the menu is very limited.I would recommend this to a friend.