George's in the Grove
3145 Commodore Plaza
Coconut Grove, FL 33133Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
George's in the Grove
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.georgesinthegrove.com/
- Phone: (305) 904-1964
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 9:00am - 11:00am Saturday & Sunday
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from George's in the Grove
George's in the Grove delivers a blend of French-American cuisine with a flare for the diverse. Our great food, ever-evolving menu and exciting atmosphere make George's a must-try when in Miami.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
George's in the Grove reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Poor ServiceseasoneddinerVIPDined on 11/2/2014We had reservations while most of the people were walk ins. We were seated right away but it took 30 minutes for the hostess to finally take our order. The server did come by once and check on us but never set the table properly, brought the bread out or we did not know the options on the food choices. The food was good but not worth the bad service.
- Excellent all aroundAnnaChristieDined on 10/5/2014We had the veggie pizza and seafood risotto. The seafood risotto was amazing, with a heaping amount of seafood on top. It was enough food for four people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never desappoints!Ale92VIPDined on 9/6/2014My parents and I go to this restaurant basically every weekend for brunch! It is absolutely delicious and the food and service is always amazing! Our favorite items in the menu are the croque mounsier, warm goat cheese salad and escargot! AMAZING! They also have complimentary mimosa or champagne at the beginning. It is extremely affordable too-- it's a must to go and visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 65 reviews are from the George's in the Grove reviews archive.
- Excellent experiencemm64Dined on 6/29/2014I love this restaurant because of the excellent service and food. It is difficult to find a table in the Grove for brunch on the weekend (specially with larger parties) and George's always accommodates you. It is quiet and you can take your time. We love their eggs benedict, bread, mimosas, café au lait, and our granddaughter loved the pancakes. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Owner is charming!ArielleDined on 6/12/2014The owner, George, greets all his guests at their table. He is very charming and it is a great touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyablejbthegourmandDined on 5/11/2014It was everything we wanted for that night. Unlike previous visits it was relatively quiet as it was a Sunday night. The food was very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happytouristDined on 4/20/2014Our group of 5 had a great Brunch. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notvwhat it used to beMsPickyVIPDined on 4/18/2014Waiter seemed unfamiliar with menu though very pleasant. No champagne when you are seated and they were out of ceasar salad! Escargot were just fair which is unsatisfactory for a French restaurant.
- Just so soOFficerDined on 3/23/2014Limited menu, food quality good but not great, service slow. Very large portions to justify the high price I suppose. I expected a fancier restaurant. The décor is a bit tired-- wood tables, paper placemats and napkins with silverwear rolled up inside. Overall value not the best in Coconut Grove
- Not our usual visittbruceVIPDined on 2/15/2014We went to Georges to celebrate our daughters friends 14th birthday with both our families (a group of 10). We were seated immediately but then service stopped for 10 minutes, then water, then 10 more minutes. Normally adults are greeted with champagne but that didn't happen for 25 minutes. We finally ordered appetizers and dinner at the same time but she never took a drink order. We finished our appetizers before we even ordered wine. The restaurant was busy but it was a Saturday night and the service is usually pretty good. The food was phenomenal, our orders ranged from pasta, to pizza, mussels, and tuna. Everyone loved the food. We hope that next time our service is notably improved as that is one reason we love Georges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place but we had to waitVivi728Dined on 1/31/2014A group of 8 of us dined at George's in the Grove in celebration of my sisters bday this past Friday. We had made reservations through Open Table. We arrived about 10 minutes into our reservation. We had to wait an hour to sit. The wait was not comfortable. There were a lot of people. I suspect it was because everyone wants to eat there. BUT, George's is still wonderful. The food is so very delicious. Our waiter Soli was awesome! He aims to please. He makes great menu recommendations. The entire staff was great! We had complimentary champagne. The seafood risotto was spectacular! I love this place! My sis enjoyed her dinner. The staff does a nice bday celebration with sparklers for her.Special Features:
- Fish was good, Salmon andOhioVisitVIPDined on 1/17/2014Fish was good, Salmon and Tuna well done. Preparation was as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food at reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/4/2014Had dinner recently there; the service was unpolished but helpful and energetic, Had the mussels (pretty good) with fries (crunchy and tasty). The vegetarian pizza was somewhat soggy but flavorful. Wine list very limited, but the free champagne at the beginning of the meal was a nice touch. Will return.Special Features:
- Nice findCCNYCVIPDined on 12/28/2013Happy to find this little place. Very good food and pleasant atmosphere and very nice staff.
- What happened George?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2013I do not know what has happened to this restaurant but it did not fulfill my expectations. I went there to celebrate my first wedding anniversary because it was there (two years ago) where I first gave to my girlfriend at that time, the "promise ring". The very same day of the reservation, I called the restaurant and explained this issue and to request the same table on which we sat two years ago. At arrival, the table was occupied and no one in the restaurant had an idea of my request. The place was practically empty, even though the rest of the restaurants in the area were packed (including Le Bouchon) The music was not the appropriate for a place like this. The service was absent. I do not think we will go back any time soon.
- Birthday CelebrationBeanDined on 11/6/2013We celebrated my daughters birthday and had a great time. The food, the service and the ambience were great!Special Features:
- AlohamauisusanDined on 10/19/2013The easy method of reserving a table was convenient as we were out of town. Valet parking right in front of the restaurant made it easy since there was so much going on Saturday night. The table we selected was right in front of the open window so we had the best of both worlds. Service was exceptional and the food choices were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in the GroveMichelleEVIPDined on 9/20/2013I went with a group of 8 or 10 people to George's. We sat outside on a beautiful evening, shared some delicious escargot and mussels appetizers, and continued onto an amazing meal. The drinks and service were also on point. Definitely someplace I would go to again when in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Onion Soup, just slap yourself!JcgirlVIPDined on 9/1/2013If I had to remember this place for one thing, it would be their AAAAHHHHMAZING Onion Soup...WOW!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been there before andmdillonDined on 8/13/2013I have been there before and this last visit was a bit disappointing...it was a week night so I thought it would be less busy (which it was) and makes thing smoother (which it didn't). I ordered the mahi mahi sandwich, but it was spicy to me, so I ended up sharing my mom's dish with her. My plate went back almost untouched, but no one really asked why or if I wasn't happy with the dish. I didn't ask for a new one as it was getting late we couldn't wait for the food all over again. So overall, it was just OK. The price is a bit high for a "just OK" visit though...the server was very nice, but busy and took a long time to get his attention sometimes.
- Always a good timeNataleeMiamiVIPDined on 7/31/2013Champagne apon arrival - always a good way to start dinner. Very good food and great ambience. Tell em it's your birthday even of its not :-) its great fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not even have to knowsherryVIPDined on 7/26/2013Did not even have to know that it was not the Original restaurant, the lower quality of food told us so.
- Best mussels!!! Love the factOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/30/2013Best mussels!!! Love the fact they give a complimentary glass of champagne! One of my favor tie places! However the service wasn't great this time around, took a long time to tend to us.Special Features:
- Terrible Ruined my evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2013Terrible Ruined my evening. They had disco night and construction going on. Had to leave into a rain storm. Just wrong!
- Fun ambiance. Good Service.Miami00Dined on 3/9/2013Fun ambiance. Good Service. Nice wine list but not great food. We had the special steak and would finish it as it really did not taste good. The muscles were very salty and probably the most poorly cooked we have ever had. If they improved the food this would be a terrific spot.
- we went on Valentine's Day...soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013we went on Valentine's Day...so that's always a risk...not this place....their full menu...HUGE portions Live music...a great night!Special Features:
- Bad service, ok food, too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/12/2012First time here and my husband and I agree we won't go again or recommend it. We ordered and waited 30 min for our appetizers without any bread. I had escargot and my husband the french onion soup, both were ok not fabulous. We didn't wait as long for our entrees, but we did wait a fair bit. I had the branzino, my husband the steak. My branzino was just grilled fish with some sauce on top which was too sweet for the fish. This was the worst preparation I have ever had of branzino or any fish. My husband said the steak was too fatty and the fries that come with it never came. At this point service was so bad if we asked for them they'd come 30 min later. Again we waited a lot for dessert. The manager even apologized several time
- A fun place before or after a movieGourmandfrankDined on 9/14/2012A place to eat great food and enjoy drinks, laugh, talk, and forget any negative issues you might be going through...Special Features:
- Complimentary glass of champagneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/20/2012Complimentary glass of champagne was a very nice touch. Food and servie were very good.Special Features:
- Good French country food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2012Good French country food. Escargot was served out of the shell, which was a little disappointing, otherwise, Georges is definately a place I will be revisitingSpecial Features:
- George's is Great!Foodie16VIPDined on 7/7/2012George's was great. The restaurant has a very cool French/Indo vibe. The food was excellent as was the service. The complimentary glass of champagne when you sit down is a very nice touch. I only wish this place was closer to my house. I'd make it a regular weekly stop.Special Features:
- Loved this place! We pickedLisaVIPDined on 4/13/2012Loved this place! We picked it based on open table reviews and we were so happy that we did. I had the steak with bernaise and my husband had the steak au poivre. Both were outstanding. For dessert we had the "crepe nutella pizza"..it was so awesome we took picutres and sent it to our friends! If you want a really good meal (the best dinner we have had out in months!) go to Georges...but go earlier than later..it looked packed aroun 9:00.. we had dinner at 7. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Consistently good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/4/2012Consistently good restaurant when you're in the Grove.
- If you are looking for a quiteTraveln2CVIPDined on 1/31/2012If you are looking for a quite and intimate place to dine, this is not the place to be. At times very loud, it is full if energy and a fun place to dine. To top it off you get a free glass of champagne and very good food. I have dined at this restaurant since it opened and even though it has changed ownership, it has maintained it energy and quality of food.Special Features:
- We went on Saturday duringk8skateDined on 1/21/2012We went on Saturday during brunch hours. In addition to our table, there were a couple of large parties and outdoor diners. We didn't receive stellar attention from the wait staff, but they were nice and helpful. I was especially impressed with the escargot. It was not only delicious but a very generous serving. I'd be happy to take friends here for a more extensive visit and menu sampling!Special Features:
- Great way to ring in the New Year!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2011We went to George's on New Year's Eve 2011 and it was quite possibly one of the best meals I've had throughout the year! It was also a great place to spend our first new year's eve as husband and wife and while we were not expecting a big countdown at the tiny french restaurant, they created a really fun and festive environment before midnight so everyone could enjoy in the celebration. We had a great quiet and romantic meal followed by an enjoyable dance party after midnight that had a quaint and cozy feel to it. When most other NYE options are over-priced and provide only open bar - we got not only amazing food and wine but also a bit of dancing and celebration out of the experience!Special Features:
- way way too loud! the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011way way too loud! the food is great and service outstanding, but I am not sure when and if I'll come back. I left without voice since I had to scream the entire night. I heard this complain from other folks as well and I am not ancient either. I am a single young woman who loves to go out. Tone it down a notch and you'll have more people excited to come back.
- Eh... it was okay; nothing notableOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/1/2011Wanted to treat my mom to a mid-week evening out. FAIL! Food was so-so. My steak was over-cooked and meal wasn't hot (more like warm). Fries were tasty but not crisp enough for my liking. Service was slower than molasses... Didn't seem to be worth all the hype I've heard about prior to experiencing it myself. My mom and I were completely underwhelmed for the price tag..... It's not that I wouldn't go there ever again, I just wouldn't go out of my way to go again. The birthday "club" lights and music have got to go! Not the right "fit".
- Great atmosphere, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2011Great atmosphere, great service, great food... will go there again!Special Features:
- very creative for the wayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2011very creative for the way to celebrate your birthdaySpecial Features: