George's Greek Cafe - Lakewood
5252 Faculty Avenue
Lakewood, CA 90712Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
George's Greek Cafe - Lakewood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.georgesgreekcafe.com/
- Phone: (562) 529-5800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 10:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 10:00AM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-Site Catering for groups of 20 to 1000. From Outdoor special events, Corporate Events, Birthdays, Wedding Receptions, to Fundraisers. George's Greek Cafe will deliver to you.
- Private Party Facilities: Private indoor/outdoor facility that holds up to 350 people. On-Site Banquet hosting available for any occasion, special events, Corporate Events, Birthdays, Wedding Receptions, Fundraisers, or any Special Event that you may have. We can provide any form of entertainment that you are looking for, including hosts, DJ's, and musical bands, you tell us what you need and we'll get it for you.
- Private Party Contact: Karen G 5624364999
- Entertainment: Private indoor/outdoor facility that holds up to 350 people plus. On-Site Banquet hosting available for any occasion, special events, Corporate Events, Birthdays, Wedding Receptions, Fundraisers, or any Special Event that you may have. We can provide any form of entertainment that you are looking for, including hosts, DJ's, and musical bands, you tell us what you need and we'll get it for you.
- Special Events: Recommended -Sunday Brunch with bottomless Mimosas & Kids eat Free Tuesday, Lamb Chops, Friday Night Kleftico, Saganaki, 1/2 Off wine bottles Mondays. Happy Hour is 7 days a week! from 3-7pm - $3 Greek & Domestic beer, 4 piece apps.
- Cross Street: Candlewood
- Public Transit: Metro Trip Planner Plan your route around the Lakewood area using the Metro Trip Planner. It"s a fast and easy way to plan your route to the Lakweood Mall.http://www.mta.net/default.asp There are also a great deal of transit stops that end at the Lakewood mall. We recommend to search your local transit schedule.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: George's Greek Cafe shares the same public parking lot as the Lakewood mall.
A word from George's Greek Cafe - Lakewood
The Loizides family wishes to welcome you to "A little piece of Greece in Southern California". George’s experience encompasses 50 years in the premiere deli, market, and restaurant business. - A winning Combination. George’s Greek Café’s style of cooking is influenced by Mama Rodou’s authentic family recipe that uses no shortcuts when cooking. The flavorsome results are accomplished by exhibiting the greatest care and experience in preparing fresh, delicious, tender and healthy food for your enjoyment. By implementing the highest quality products and using a skilled cooking method that produces savoring traditional Mediterranean dishes that will leave you daydreaming about traveling to ancient Greece and sharing an amorous or festive dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
George's Greek Cafe - Lakewood reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great food, fresh taste alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2012Great food, fresh taste always hot and wonderful desserts as well. Very good hot fresh coffee.Special Features:
- As always George's deliversMaestroDined on 6/22/2012As always George's delivers on quality food and service.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch a Real Lakewood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2012If you're looking for a local Sunday brunch that is fresh, delicious and reasonably priced, I highly recommend George's Greek Cafe in Lakewood, Ca on Candlewood. This little gem offers Sunday brunch each week and combines standard breakfast fare like scrambled eggs and bacon with Greek standards like salad, Pasticio (the best!) and gyros. A popular eatery for special occasions, the staff are plentiful and seating is comfortable and convenient to the inviting food display. George's is listed on Open Table for easy reservations.Special Features:
- Husband had the lamb specialOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/15/2012Husband had the lamb special and I got a taste, very good. I always get the lamb chops. Love them, but next time I'll order as appetizer as I don't care for the style of rice that comes with it.Special Features:
- George GreekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012We had a great time the waitress was excellent and very friendly. It made the dining special We will go back soonSpecial Features:
- Our waiter was extremely helpfulICemanVIPDined on 5/20/2012Our waiter was extremely helpful and we all had plenty to eat. The lamb is the way to go above all the other meats.Special Features:
- The food was nothing to writek00lDined on 5/19/2012The food was nothing to write about. Food was plentiful, but somewhat disappointing. I wouldn't go back even if I was in the area and hungry.
- This was my second time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2012This was my second time here and both experiences were very good. The service is excellent and the food is very fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- I'm a 3rd generation Greek......theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012I'm a 3rd generation Greek......the food tastes just like Grandma (YiYi) madeSpecial Features:
- brunch buffet was well laidOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012brunch buffet was well laid out for minimal waiting to reach your food. service was extremely attentive. they kept those mimosas flowing! i could live on hummus & pita.Special Features:
- we were on the way to LongPegNYCDined on 4/7/2012we were on the way to Long Beach airport from Los Angeles and needed a convenient place for a quick dinner. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the experience. They even had the cookies my grandmother used to make for me as a kid - overall, the perfect experience. We may even drive down again just for the food.Special Features:
- The best restaurant in Lakewood.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/16/2012The best restaurant in Lakewood. Service is great and people are friendly. Get a bottle of the Cava!Special Features:
- We loved the food and theLindaDined on 2/25/2012We loved the food and the service was great! Our table was right by the door to the outside dining which was unfortunate - every time the door opened, a blast of cold wind was felt. Next time I'll get a different table!Special Features:
- This is my second visit here,RobUDined on 2/24/2012This is my second visit here, but far from my last. This place has great food and a welcoming fun atmosphere. Friday, they have a slow roasted lamb. It's great when you have plans, because it's ready to serve as soon as you're ready and is crazy delicious.Special Features:
- I've seen great yelp writeRobUDined on 2/15/2012I've seen great yelp write ups, but when driving by, it just didn't attact me all that much. My wife and I finally decided to go and this place had great food and super friendly service. We had such a great time, we plan to make this place one of our regular restaurants.Special Features:
- Love this place! Great food!ShortnsappyDined on 2/14/2012Love this place! Great food! Great service! And great price! We went on valentines day too and we didn't wait due to using the open table app. They knew who we were when I said we had reservations. I was very impressed. We have been here before and will continue to come back!Special Features:
- Staff was very organized forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Staff was very organized for a busy Valentines day.
- OkYuckyVIPDined on 2/7/2012Overall decent greek food, not a notable experience but not bad..Special Features:
- As usual George's food andAnindiantasterDined on 1/7/2012As usual George's food and service was GREAT. We have been to all 3 restaurants and each has it's own atmosphere. We love each of them.Special Features:
- George's has best Greek food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2011George's has best Greek food. Worth a visit if you're visiting Los Angeles and love Greek food. The Long Beach location is especially nice but the food is the same at all locations. Looking forward to seeing them expand to San Francisco Bay Area.Special Features:
- Fresh food, delicious. ServicePriscillaVIPDined on 11/1/2011Fresh food, delicious. Service was great. Everybody was very friendly and helpful! Loved itSpecial Features:
- We were seated at a nicePdotVIPDined on 10/13/2011We were seated at a nice outdoor table, which was very nice. Service was prompt. Food was great.We both had the lamb chops which are a specialty.Special Features:
- We were a part of 8. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2011We were a part of 8. The food was excellent, everyone enjoyed it. Great dining for large parties with family style servings.Special Features:
- Yasou!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/30/2011George's Greek Cafe in Lakewood is an extension of the Pine Avenue George's in Long Beach - The hospitality of the staff and the selection of Greek dishes is superb. Not being a drinker, I cannot comment on the Wine selection. As always the service was very good - even for a Saturday evening!Special Features:
- Opah!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/4/2011We started off with the Saganaki (flaming cheese) as recommended by fellow Yelpers... entertaining AND yummy! The salty tartness of the kalamata olives and the fresh squeezed lemon juice (along with the brandy set aflame) marries well with the cheese and pita slices. We also ordered the Spanokopita which is really good, too--it has twice the filling than others I've had elsewhere. Having tasted all the dishes on our table (beef gyro plate, pastitso, stuffed salmon, lamb chops), the LAMB CHOPS were by far the best--tender and tasty. The stuffed salmon was good, but may have been a tad bit overdone, but it was still good enough...and really rich with the spinach and feta stuffing. I expected the Pastitso to be a little spicier (since tSpecial Features:
- Fantastic food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2011Fantastic food and service was outstanding. Will return to dine. Great job!!Special Features:
- The Dads loved George's!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2011Took my husband and father to George's for Father's Day brunch. It was fabulous! The food was top-notch and the staff was very friendly. Lots of meat for the guys, but lots of veggie options for me. We all went away happy. We'll be back very soon!Special Features:
- Just not a fan. Food was mediocre,MattQVIPDined on 6/19/2011Just not a fan. Food was mediocre, buffet was sad.
- Surprise pricing.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/19/2011It was a nice visit. I was very surprised to pay for drinks during a brunch. Most restaurants include basic drinks. That should have been outlined. The waitress was a bit forgetful, but it was busy so we forgave it. I would have liked to see a few more Greek items on the food bar. Overall, it was nice.Special Features:
- Went for my daughter's highOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/17/2011Went for my daughter's high school graduation. We were a large party and were seated on outside at a round table. PERFECT! We were all able to chat easily. The food was FABULOUS and service was STUPENDOUS! Breaking plates was part of the celebration which was an added highlight.Special Features:
- Very disappointed by thisDcucciVIPDined on 5/14/2011Very disappointed by this restaurant. I've gone to the George's on Pine Street in Long Beach and it was incredible, so I had high hopes for this George's, too. Food was mediocre at best.
- Great Mother's Day Brunch....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011Great Mother's Day Brunch.... Food Was Great....Will Eat There againSpecial Features:
- Great food. I have not tastedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011Great food. I have not tasted any food item I did not like.Special Features:
- George's did our family upOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2011George's did our family up right for the Easter Brunch Celebration! Awesome! Service is #1! Hospitable and reasonable. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone! The kids LOVE it too! Thank you, George's!Special Features:
- Great food at a great price.MaestroDined on 4/16/2011Great food at a great price. Parking is super easy and worth the drive from their other two locations in Long Beach/Belmont shores where parking is a little harder but still same great food.Special Features:
- We all liked Georges in Lakewwod.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/9/2011We all liked Georges in Lakewwod. We have also been to Georges in Long Beach, Pine. But the Lakewood facility is closer and the food is just as great. We did miss seeing George on our particular night tho. We would go back and would recommend this place to anyone to likes to eat and drink!Special Features:
- I was blown away by the GreekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2011I was blown away by the Greek spices and herbs on the menu choices. Everything was so flavorful and I would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Very nice dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Very nice dining experience for Valentine's Day dinner.Special Features:
- Even thought it was crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2011Even thought it was crowded on Valentine's Day, the service was quick and food was hot and delicious. The grilled shrimp, eggplant, rice and lamp chops were outstanding as well as their varitey appretizers. The Valentine's Day dessert was excellent. Food and service are equal if not better than at Belmont Shores -- both excellant restaurants.Special Features:
- Great location for Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011George's did a great job for Valentine's Day. White tablecloths, candle light, a rose for every woman. It was beautiful and the service and food were great. My only disappointment was that we couldn't order off the regular menu. Luckily my favorite entree was on the special menu, but I would have also enjoyed having avgolemono soup. It was so nice to enter the restaurant and have a table waiting for us. Going out for Valentine's Day can be caotic, but George's did a great job making a special occasion easy to manage. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features: