4620 Piedmont Row Dr. Suite 110
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.georgesbrasserie.com/
- Phone: 9802197409x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH Monday thru Friday 11:30 - 2:30 P
HAPPY HOUR Monday thru Friday 3 - 7 P
DINNER Monday thru Thursday 5 - 10 P
DINNER Friday thru Saturday 5 - 11 P
BRUNCH Sunday 11 - 2:30 P
DINNER Sunday 5 - 9 P
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, American, French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Georges Brasserie offers two private dining rooms, a bar, lounge and several semi-private areas to host your special event. Our menu is flexible and can accomodate all budgets and group sizes. From initial contact to bidding your final guest goodbye, our goal is to make your special event memorable, stress-free and fun! We have hosted several corporate dinners, wine dinners, luncheons, birthdays, charity events, bridal showers, wedding rehersals, and family get togethers. For more information about planning your special event, please call (980) 219-7409.
- Special Events: Georges loves to celebrate! LIKE us on Facebook and stay in the know!
A word from Georges Brasserie
GEORGES Brasserie is a Vibrant French Brasserie blending Tradition and Modern Cuisine located in Piedmont Town Center in Southpark Charlotte and features a Main Dining Room, Raw Bar, Patio Seating, Bar and Private Dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Georges Brasserie - Best Restaurants in SouthPark ›
Georges Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)fit for foodies (94)great for outdoor dining (81)romantic (79)neighborhood gem (52)notable wine list (45)great for brunch (42)good for groups (42)great for lunch (38)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (14)scenic view (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Perfect for celebrationSmileyDined on 9/19/2014My girlfriend and I celebrated our 1year anniversary. I made a reservation and they were receptive with a complimentary item to our surprise. The waiter was funny and entertaining and knowledgable about the food. Our means were delicious, the bread terrific, and mac and cheese to die for and best of all we were outside on a beautiful night in a great seating area for two. I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJimKDined on 9/18/2014This was our second visit and it was my wife's birthday. We were not disappointed. Very nice menu and the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!MrsPKVIPDined on 9/17/2014Wonderful food, great service, and a beautiful restaurant. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!EnjoyableDined on 9/16/2014I recently had lunch at your restaurant for the first time and I enjoyed myself. The restaurant is beautiful, the food delightful and the atmosphere wonderfully European. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch DelightJoePDined on 9/14/2014Went for Sunday Brunch and were very pleased. The Beignets are as good as any in New Orleans. the coffee is superb and the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- We loved itOuTsTaNdInG2014Dined on 9/12/2014We have enjoyed our last three times at Georges and keep bringing friends and family there that come to town back. The food is great, the ambiance is romantic and the servers are all very knowledgable, polite and friendly. The vibe inside is fun, elegant, dim light, which we love.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Wonderful as always!!! The service was excellent as well as the food. This is our "go to" restaurant in Charlotte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- George's never disappoints!AngieDined on 9/4/2014We love the happy hour menu and drinks at George's Brasserie - there's no better deal in town. The white wine mussels, black truffle pommes frites, beet salad, croque monsieur, goat cheese tart, warm french baguette, and wine were all superb. It's great knowing you can always count on high quality, delectable food; impecable service and a really fun atmosphere at George's...all at a super price.Special Features:
- jjlobiVIPDined on 9/4/2014Took advantage of the bogo offer. Food was excellent, prepared perfectly. $5 martinis did not disappoint. Angus burger done perfectly and delicious. Just don't understand why George's isn't always crowded. Our last 4 times the service and food has been wonderful.Special Features:
- Perfect start to SundayhondoskiDined on 8/31/2014The brunch experience was one of the best we ever had. The food was excellent and the service was superb, can't wait to go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Overall a nice timePerfectangel2224Dined on 8/29/2014Loved the ambiance and the main course. Drinks were impressive peche was nice blend champagne and peach without being too sweet. Had the mixed green salad with bacon... Bacon was terribly salty. However the main course scallops were delicious. Overall I would go back atmosphere is perfect for a date night or more intimate setting but stay away from the overly salted bacon.. ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite placeMerfishDined on 8/23/2014I love this place. Great food, great wine. They had live music that was classy and provided a nice atmosphere. My only issue with this visit was the service was much slower than usual, but other than that, it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always enjoy George'sdiningoutDined on 8/23/2014We ate in the bar area on Saturday and enjoyed the ambience. Carafes of wine and a couple of appetizers were our choices. Everything was quite good. They have a nice wine selection by the glass, carafe, or bottle. There was a musician playing which added to the evening. I'm always pleased with my food there.Special Features:
- CarolinaGirl173VIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was good. Really like the pork chop, but when asked to substitute the vegetable offerings, I ended up with them on the plate and a side of what I had just wanted to substitute. We enjoyed the scallop and butter poached lobster appetizer. It seems there have been lots of changes to the menu and service recently. There doesn't seem to be the attention to detail any more. We look forward to going back soon for a more enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They went above and beyondOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014It was my friends 75th birthday. The bartender Whitney and our server Jeremiah went out of their way to make it special and get my friend everything she wanted. It was a fabulous evening.Special Features:
- Another visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/21/2014Food, service and wine were all great. Server recommended the wine which was moderately priced but good. Didn't rush us in any way but didn't make us wait unreasonably - just about right.Special Features:
- Another visitWIlliamVIPDined on 8/19/2014As always it is a pleasure to visit this French brasserie - Everyday there are specials on the menus and Tuesday is for mussels - they are excellent......Special Features:
- Enjoyable Dinner at George'sParaticularBobDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I enjoy going to George's when we want a relaxing lunch or dinner in a nice setting with very good food at reasonable prices. Saturday we joined another couple and had a delightful time while enjoying tasty and well prepared dishes, especially the special grouper entrée. Our server recommended a wine that was off-the-list and had been bought for Bastille Day. It was outstanding, and its price was incredibly low, making for a nice bonus. Although not in the top tier of gourmet restaurants in Charlotte, we highly recommend George's for excellence in its price point and a delightful experience.Special Features:
- Excellent Date Night!netwknkevDined on 8/15/2014First visit in 3yr of living in QC! Defintely one of my top 5 QC CLT restaurants now... Food, Service, ambiance all great. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014The service and food were outstanding. Bottomless mimosas are a great deal. Terrell was our server and was attentive and hilarious! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Satisfiedmoneymakr24Dined on 8/9/2014Great food, great location. It took a little longer than expected for our server to greet us but once he did, the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 8/8/20144 of us dined Friday night at 8:30 pm. Shared mussels in white wine as starters; superb! Entrees included NY strip steak frite (done perfectly), scallops, pork chop (with gruyere polenta; decadent) and the veal short rib special. All entrees were delicious and generous portions. No room for dessert. Another great night at George's.Special Features:
- HenryDined on 8/8/2014Food and service were wonderful. The restaurant was prepared for us upon arrival. The server tended to our every need. He carefully explained all aspects of the menu. He helped us choose our wine and brought us samples of two to help our decision. The food came to us with no sense of rush to get us in and get us out. We had plenty of time to enjoy ourselves and make it a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Really good service from Chris the bartender. My friends with me really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't miss!YumyumDined on 8/3/2014Every time I eat here it's a home run! The service was a little spotty this time, but not a deferent to my recommending or returning!Special Features:
- Keep coming back for the musselsCharlotteFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Despite a robust menu and interesting specials, Georges is the only place in Charlotte that delivers steamed mussels that are devoured along the Belgian/Dutch coast. We vary the appetizers and the dessert specials are a "must have." One of these days we'll try something different...nah, probably not :-)Special Features:
- 4catsVIPDined on 7/29/2014Super! Joe and his crew are top-notch. Love to go thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014A tad expensive but worth the cost. Duck confit starter was on par with the former Patous and bistros in France. Meat entrees (duck, lamb, and ribs all done to our specifications.Special Features:
- Early with a kidRickNODined on 7/28/2014Another outstanding dining experience, and with a 4 year old. He is well behaved, but still, he is 4! Never have a bad experience.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week ExperienceSchicksDined on 7/26/2014We like trying new restaurants out during Restaurant Week. Not only do you get to try a decent variety of food options, but if they can offer great service during what usually is a very busy week, it's a good sign of their standards during an average week. My wife and I had a very pleasant experience on a Saturday evening during Restaurant Week. The food was flavorful and presented well. The service was friendly and timely. I enjoyed the ambiance a lot. The place has character and appeal and we will enjoy going back again.Special Features:
- So-So George'sKathyPeterVIPDined on 7/26/2014We were excited to find a French bistro in Charlotte. How disappointing it was. Service was pathetic; delinquent welcome, delayed service, empty apologies, lack of know how on opening a wine bottle and not a thank you voiced by any of our four servers. Yes, four, so were all covering for each other or just the one who was supposed to be our waiter?! Food was good although I have had better mussels elsewhere, chicken could have used a steak knife and the creme brûlée was okay. We won't be returning and don't recommend George's.
- ExperienceJohnnyVDined on 7/26/2014First time there for dinner. Great ambience and service. Sat outside on a great evening. Short ribs were a little fibrous and tough, but everything else was great.Special Features:
- EXCELLANT FOOD AND WINEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014This is an excellent restaurant in every way. The service was excellent as was the food. The restaurant is in an excellent location. The food was prepared properly. If someone wishes to have a great meal in a great area, this is a place which should be explored.Special Features:
- super food in lovely dining roomsan121Dined on 7/25/2014we had a lovely meal during restaurant week for six adults. they were jammed but well staffed. the food was delicious and the service very good. go back after restaurant week when it is likely to be less crowded. this is a 10 day span that is a real challenge for every restaurant and Georges did an excellent job meeting that challenge.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable!FoodandFriendsDined on 7/25/2014We went during Queen's Feast but could not decide between the regular menu and the special Queen's Feast menu, it was all tempting. We opted to go with the Queen's Feast menu and it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Presentation & ServiceEatingwellinCharlotteDined on 7/24/2014Georges Brasserie has a perfect sized menu, as in, I wanted to order one of everything. We went during restaurant week, which is $30 per person for a three course meal, but when we asked to mix and match that with the regular menu our waiter was accommodating. The Seafood Appetizer looked and tasted stupendous. Raw oysters, mussels and clams on ice with 4 sauces, chunks of lobster, and shrimp cocktail. A mushroom ravioli with ratatouille sauce was rich with flavor, and escargot topped with flaky cheese biscuits was out of this world. Wonderful service, and delicious chocolate mousse fished the evening with flair.Special Features:
- EnjoyableScorpioreddDined on 7/24/2014My first visit to Georges Brasserie won't be my last. I enjoyed the Duck Confit. The service was excellent, I'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food vs FindingNitaDined on 7/24/2014The food was great! Loved the black rice with the salmon dish. The mussels were exquisite as well. However, the onky downside is that I had trouble finding the restaurant. GPS takes you to the general area but I drove in circles trying to locate a restaurant that was not on the main streeet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't sit on the wrong 1/2 of theDiner72VIPDined on 7/23/2014Whatever you do, don't allow yourself to be seated on the wrong side of the patio. On one side, you receive the benefit of actual servers. On the other side, you'll have to endure very infrequent visits from a changing cast of already-busy bartenders. The service was horrendous.Special Features:
- Great diningfinediningDined on 7/23/2014I'm never disappointed in Georges. The food, the service and the atmosphere were outstanding.Special Features: