George's Bistro - Valencia
28261 Newhall Ranch Rd.
Valencia, CA 91355Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
George's Bistro - Valencia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.georgesbistro.com/
- Phone: 6612577860
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 - 9:00 & Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM & Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: George Rifold
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Check our Facebook page or share your email address with us to be updated about our Friday evening musical entertainment (weather permitting) and other events.
A word from George's Bistro - Valencia
After more than 20 years in their 3rd Street Promenade location, George and Sheri opened a 2nd restaurant in Valencia. George's Bistro offers a casual fine dining atmosphere with an excellent fusion of American and Italian foods accompanied with personalized service. When you dine at George's Bistro, you are part of the family. This starts at the door with a personal greeting from George or his daughter Diana (who has learned the business since the age of 12). Whether visiting for lunch or dinner you will find a spectacular selection of appetizers, salads, pastas, meats and seafoods as wells as taste-tempting deserts. Enjoy the nice weather with outdoor patio seating or gather in our full bar to share a drink with friends and watch a game. Come and enjoy Mission Impastable Tuesdays - 50% off pasta, house wine and draft beer & Thursday Martini Fun Night.Continued
We look forward to meeting you and for you to become part of our family!
We look forward to meeting you and for you to become part of our family!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
George's Bistro - Valencia reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our neighborhood gem...KaleihiwaokamaluhiaDined on 1/4/2014This restaurant is located in our neighborhood. How lucky are we? The ambience is that of a higher end restaurant, as is the menu. The only thing is that the prices provide a very good value! We have recommended George's Bistro to many friends and none of them has been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor New Years ExperienceNanciDined on 12/31/2013It was New Years Eve & we wanted to have a nice dinner at a place we have enjoyed in the past. We ordered a nice glass of wine and a martini. The wine came in a minature wine glass & the martini in a wine glass. Both the waiter and bartender said they had run out of martini glasses & miniature wine glasses are being used because they are using the larger wine glasses for Martinis. Is this restaurant doing so poorly they can't purchase more barware? We are of the belief that the wine glass is part of the experience of a nice glass of wine. Typically we would have had more wine and another martini. They were understaffed and the owner just stood in the corner drinking a beer offering no help to his unhappy staff.
- Food excellentGoodfoodDined on 12/27/2013The food and service were excellent. The menu was a little limited for my daughter of 10.Special Features:
- hit & missFrioutDined on 12/27/2013Most of their entrees are very good, but some just didn't feel like they come out of the same kitchen. The misses are calamari salad, chicken piccata and penne bolognese. Also they often run out of red wine glasses!! Really??!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worstMkalmansDined on 12/13/2013I will never return to this restaurant and neither should you. I have been to the Santa Monica restaurant it. When, on Yelp, I checked out the menu, and being vegetarian, found a number of items that I would enjoy. I was stunned, when I opened the menu and found that it was less than twenty percent of the Yelp menu. I approached the manager, Mobile in hand, and asked what was up. He told me that they had updated the menu months ago, but Yelp refused to make the changes. I replied that he pays to be on Yelp, that did not sound credible. He shrugged his shoulders. This was my single worst experience at a Yelp / Open Table estaurant. I felt the restaurant lured me there fraudulently. The restaurant was practically empty. For good reason.
- Glad We Came BackNanciDined on 11/23/2013We are a couple that if we like a restaurant we go there over and over again and frequently until we get burned out, which is what happened to us a few years ago. So, ee went back to George's Bistro last week and remembered why we liked it. We both had pasta dishes which were excellent. The bread is freshly baked out of the oven and is very good. Tuesday is Pasta Night, so will be returning for pasta probably every week until we get burned out again. I hightly recommend George's Bistro, as the ambiance is nice, the service is excellent, has a great bar area and we can get our dining points with Open Table.Special Features:
- A little disappointed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2013The food was good, the waiter was fine, but the loud talking lady next to our table was irritating to say the least. We had made reservations through open table indicating it was our anniversary. When we got to the restaurant the gentelman in the front just looked at us, not referring to his book said can I help you. I said we have reservations at 8 he never asked who we were therefore wasn't aware it was our anniversary. Had to sneak around to tell the waiter!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Secret FindHappyCamper2Dined on 10/25/2013Nestled in a shopping center, This restaurant could easily be overlooked. But the ambience, food and service will bring it many referrals and keep it busy. I have already referred friends to this location. Loved it- will go again when near Valencia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My long-time woman friendRosieMerry1Dined on 10/18/2013My long-time woman friend and I met at George's Bistro after a 3 month absence from each other's company due to summer vacations. It turned out to be a delicious spot for us to catch up with each other over two glasses of fine wine and splitting two tasty entrees. Taylor, our waitress, was a helpful delight with just the right amount of guidance & consideration. We'll meet there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wouldn't have brought my babyhanjonmomDined on 10/5/2013Overall George's was a great restaurant. I don't like mushrooms so I found the menu a bit limited because everything had mushrooms, but I ordered the butternut squash ravioli (with no truffle oil) and it was very good. My husband had the chicken picatta and also enjoyed it. They have a nice martini menu as well. I had the Bridget Bardeau. My one complaint isn't entirely George's fault but worth noting. The restaurant is quiet and dark, mostly couples, yet there was a 6-8 month old who cried and kept tossing a hard plastic toy on the floor.It was irritating and George's didn't do anything about it. There aren't a lot of nice places in SCV so hopefully they will decide to be fine dining establishment and discourage the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really...it's goodBolomk34Dined on 9/12/2013OK, perhaps I would have written, It's good but predictable. Don't get me wrong here, the service was GREAT (as always). I've never had an issue with the service. The drinks are fine and I have no complaints in this area. The food...OK, I'm not trying to be too critical here. The menu does change frequently but it's...well..predictable. I had steak and my date had chicken. Both were good and I have no complaints. It's just not...WOW! I'm not sure what suggestions I would make to kick it up another level but I almost certainly will visit again.Special Features:
- Great service and great foodMitsDined on 7/18/2013We went there for the first time for our 26th anniversary and food was great, even though it was little pricy. They gave us deserts for free as we were celebrating the 26th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2013At 5 PM with no one except a couple at the bar, it was a nice quiet meal. The server a bit too attentive, but better than being invisible. The food was great. Mine lasgane, his penne and sausage. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2013My husband wanted to take me out for Mothers Day but wanted to go somewhere we hadn't been. I found this special place & it was wonderful. the food was beautiful. the ingredients were top notch. I love to cook so I look at ingredients were ever I go. That was the most impressive things about the menu. Excellent food! Cooked to perfection! I had salmon coucous w/ asparagus. amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were disappointed that2DiningFansDined on 5/11/2013We were disappointed that most of the items listed on the menu we found online were no longer on the menu at the restaurant.
- Good food but lacking somehow.TracyKDined on 4/20/2013Good food but mediocre service. Went on a Saturday night at 8:30 and the place was dead - only 2 other tables full. Yet still took them over 10 minutes to come to our table for a drink order. Nice ambiance but kind of dull when no one is there. They used to have better appetizers than what is now on their menu. Not sure I'll be back.Special Features:
- Here is the yelp review writtenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2013Here is the yelp review written by my husband. This was the worst experience ever! My wife wanted to try something new, with a slight Italian twist for her birthday. After reading reviews for a few places here in Santa Clarita, we decided to give this place a try. After all, they've got a location on Third Street... if you can survive in Santa Monica, you can survive anywhere, right?We've got a 18 month old daughter, so we made a Saturday night early reservation to have her home in time for bed. 5:30. Not overly early, but yes it was on the early side. As their hours on the door say, they're open 11 am "till the party ends".We were, initially, the only people in the restaurant. Three other tables had been sat by the tim
- The restaurant was cozy andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2013The restaurant was cozy and quiet. The filet was cooked to perfection, the garlic mashed potatoes were absolutely delicious. My wife had the garlic and basil pasta and loved it. Can't wait to go back and try some other dishes.Special Features:
- George's Bistro is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2013George's Bistro is always a go-to for any occasion. A nice evening out with your special someone or for a fun night out with group of friends. The staff is friendly and accomodating. Food choices and selection of specialty cocktails are excellent.Special Features:
- Nice little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2013This is the second time my husband and I went to George's. It was not as good as the first time. The Chicken Mac and Cheese had no observable chicken, but good mushrooms. My husband ordered a Wit beer and got something different than what he expected. We didn't complain. Nothing was so awful we couldn't live with. The penne was good. The creme brûlée was superb, far better than most. The service was attentive. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Great PlaceTipsterDined on 3/31/2013George's Bistro is one of our favorite places. We are greeted with a friendly face and feel cared for. They make a great martini and you can request changes to the food as needed. Very accommodating. We go there for romantic evenings as well as family get togethers. They just added a Sunday brunch for Easter and it was very resonable compared to other places in town. It is nice to sit on the patio during the summer and listen to the fountain.Special Features:
- Nice little restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2013Tucked away and with poor directions from MapQuest, this is a nice little place I will certainly come to again. I had the risotto and my husband had fettuccine alfredo. I had the tiramisu for desert. I'd recommend all of the items. The service was attentive and the owner himself asked how everything was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2013We had a wonderful evening. Service was just a little slow but the food was great. I hadn't been here since shortly after they opened, and I was happy to find they were still here and just as enjoyable as I remembered. Sorta surprised they weren't busier on a Friday, although we got there early (6pm). Price is reasonable for the quality of the food, I would definitely recommend this charming place, look forward to going back again soon.Special Features:
- Reserved a table for 6 forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2013Reserved a table for 6 for a work-related lunch. The staff was very accomodating when 9 of us showed up. The food was good, orders were taken correctly and service was friendly, fast and inobtrusive. Great place for lunch.Special Features:
- George's hums during lunchVail77Dined on 1/25/2013George's hums during lunch and again, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- Good service, attractive decor,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/6/2013Good service, attractive decor, wine list was good. Very good tiramisuSpecial Features:
- Outstanding restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/24/2012Went back for my Birthday, twice in one week, food, service and ambiance was amazing. Even owner George came to wish me a Happy Day, and asked how our meal was. This restaurant is a must go to for our family and friends.Special Features:
- A good find in Valencia-goodVail77Dined on 11/26/2012A good find in Valencia-good food and friendly staff. I''l be back.Special Features:
- In the midst of fast foodKaleihiwaokamaluhiaDined on 9/8/2012In the midst of fast food type eateries, this sweet restaurant stands out. The service is very accommodating, the atmosphere is fresh, the menu offers some interesting items, and the food is very good. We just moved into the neighborhood and we are quite pleased that George's Bistro is so close to our new home.Special Features:
- The best place in the SantaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2012The best place in the Santa Clarita Valley for Pasta!Special Features:
- Always a bit leery when weDES11Dined on 7/14/2012Always a bit leery when we try a spot in a modern strip mall, but once we walked through the door, we were in a different world. Slow night and the staff could have blown us off, but we were treated like their most important guests. Personal attention and good conversation. The pasta dishes were extremely well prepared and quite good. Obviously attention is given to each order, right down to the degree of spice. We loved the wine list as well. Not sure when we'll be back through town, but it will always be on our list when we do. Congratulations to the staff!Special Features:
- Most likely won't go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2012Most likely won't go back. Food was mediocre at best and the prices we high. We got the lasagna & the ribs. The lasagna, couldn't eat it after 1 bite, but tried another just to make sure. Simply bad. The ribs were decent but not cooked to "fall of the bone" as described. Really no biggie. They were nice ribs, hearty amount of meat. Only saving grace. Got the mashed potatoes & streamed vegies, again simply bad. Mashed potatoes looked like they came out of one of those cake icing bags and tasted weird along with the vegitables that tasted like they had just been unfrozen from a long winters nap. After all of that was the bill of course which definitely outweighed the quality of the service & food. Don't depend on this place for fine dining
- We Love George's! We comeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2012We Love George's! We come back again and again! Great food and outstanding service - what more xan you ask?Special Features:
- Overall, food was not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2012Overall, food was not good. Halibut was rubbery,and the mahi mahi was bad. Although the server told us the "potato wrapped shrimp" appetizer was actually wonton wrapped, the wonton was doughy. The Greek salad was not a "Greek", more like Italian. The overall decor of the restaurant is bland and needs updating. Valencia needs more nice, "couples" restaurants. This restaurant needs to improve their cuisine and amb iance to be competitive.
- We went here for ValentinesMamawDined on 2/14/2012We went here for Valentines Day & had a very nice meal. Some tables are fairly close together but over all very nice restaurant . The bruschetta is awesome! I ordered a pasta dish which was ok, my husband had the chicken Marsala which he said was very good . We took our own bottle of wine & just paid the corkage fee. Great service! We would recommend it & will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Love the food. Our server,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/3/2012Love the food. Our server, Gardenia, is the best server ever. We love her.
- Not my kind of ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/7/2012From the service to the food, the qulity was mediocre at best. The wine selection by the glass was limited,third rate and outrageously expensive. Speaking of which the food was way over priced for the quality and amount given. The sauce on my veal parmagina tasted like it was store bought. It was a bad experience;,overvpriced and I will not return nor do I recommend it.
- Great Food Great Evening 2 suggestiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/23/2011Thanks for making my family holiday dinner a success! Here are my two tiny suggestions. I made our reservation through Open Table. Received the confirming e-mail, etc. When I showed up at the restaurant, they did not have my reservation. The girl stepped away and I took a look at the reservation book. She was looking at the wrong day. When she returned, I pointed out that yes, we are on the books and here is my e-mail confirmation and reminder. Next - Since I was hosting the event, I arrived early. We stepped into the bar area for a cocktail. The gentleman was friendly enough, but he needs to serve ladies first. Need more space . . . Call me! Naomie Moore (310) 689-7861. Thank you!Special Features:
- I have always had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/20/2011I have always had a wonderful and tasty time at George's Bistro. Keep up the great work.Special Features:
- Outstanding all the way!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/6/2011Excellent restaurant. Went for lunch and we had a pasta dish that was delicious. The service was terrific. Already have reservations for another date. Would highly recommend.Special Features: