George Ultra Lounge and Wine Bar
1137 Hamilton Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 5P6Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
George Ultra Lounge and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://georgelounge.com/
- Phone: (604) 628-5555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chris Bisaro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: George's new private room sits up to 24 and features banquet seating, a fireplace, flat screen TV, blown glass chandelier and a glass enclosed wine room.
- Private Party Contact: David Hannay 6049159463
- Entertainment: Live blues on Wednesdays. DJ spinning on Thursdays and weekends.
A word from George Ultra Lounge and Wine Bar
George Lounge is the Godfather of Vancouver’s vibrant cocktail scene. A heated, covered patio transitions into a room of red velvet, blown glass chandeliers and an underlit onyx bar top. The kitchen style island behind the bar covered in fresh fruit, herbs, syrups and infusions anchors the award winning cocktail program. The food menu has been called George's 'secret weapon.’Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
George Ultra Lounge and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (9)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (6)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (6)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- MaccVIPDined on 11/13/2014The servers were very polite and friendly and the food was delicious. I have been to many restaurants and typically there's a dish that disappoints but both the appetizer and main dishes my company and I ordered were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hot spot2hotdinersDined on 11/8/2014even-though the menu was short but the food we ordered were outstanding and beyond our expectations. The mussels were cooked perfectly, while my beef tenderloin was deliciously flavoured. Too bad we didn't have enough room for dessert. But there is always the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a night outMagsDined on 10/25/2014Went here during the Taste of Yaletown special menu and we were pleasantly surprised. On a cold and rainy night this was a great place to check out. The menu had several options for those with dietary restrictions and/or preferences. The only issue was that as larger groups came in our server seemed to forget about us, since we weren't in a hurry it didn't really matter. Despite this we will probably try it again.Special Features:
- great food and serviceyumyumsipalotDined on 10/24/2014Able to get in at the Las minute, very prompt yet respectful service, short menu but everything was tasty. Lamb bacon salad was outstanding. That I did not share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ROMANCE AT GEORGE...KONAMARIEDined on 10/1/2014MY HUSBAND AND I HAD OUR 3RD YEAR ANNIVERSARY AT GEORGE... WE LOVE THE FOOD, ROMANTIC LOW LIGHTING, EXCELLENT SERVICE AND GREAT WINE... THE WONDERFUL FEMALE SERVER WE HAD AND I FEEL BAD I CAN'T REMEMBER HER NAME OFF HAND BUS SHE REALLY MADE OUR EVENING AS SHE BOUGHT US A GLASS OF WINE (EACH) FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY... WHAT A POPPIT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambiance...horrible managementBaffledBridesmaidDined on 9/13/2014We had a group of 8 women for a 'tame bachelorette' pre-dinner drinks. We ordered 2 bottles of Cava, $35 each. When they arrived they said that we had an old menu, that they are now $45 but they would honour the price. When the bill came and they charged the higher amount, the manager came out and accused us of trying to ruin their business and that they were making no money off the mark-up. Firstly, we know the bottle is $16 at the liquor store and secondly, that's not out problem. Other wait staff were passing the blame, saying it was their first day and overall it just ruined the experience.
- The following 25 reviews are from the George Ultra Lounge and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- We wanted to drink! But couldn't...SassyjuggernautDined on 7/19/2014Was a busy Saturday night and great weather to be on the patio - perfect for girls night out. We wanted to drink and eat. BUT, half the time our server was nowhere to be found. And when we did order, it seemed to take forever and one our drinks went to the wrong table so we had to order that drink again. The serving staff just seemed so disorganized albeit friendly. We wanted to order more drinks more but since it took so long, we decided to go elsewhere. I'm hoping it was an off night since the place came recommended to us. And I will say the food and drinks were very good. I will try this place again but if the service is the same, I can't say I would go back a third time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialOnceisenoughDined on 6/26/2014We went there for dinner. Service was not too bad except we think the waitress made a mistake on the order because she was not very attentive when we order. We ordered medium rare steak but it was almost well done. The table next to us had the same order and the steak looked great.Special Features:
- Good all aroundNSFoodieDined on 6/25/2014It was good food and great service. Thanks for making my birthday dinner a good one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mariemayDined on 6/6/2014Wonderful food, beautiful presentation, great service. We would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindFoodncocktailsDined on 5/10/2014Great menu, great cocktails, vibrant room, service was on point. A rare find in the chaos of another new restaurant opening every week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Yaletown find!feedmeDined on 5/6/2014We popped in for some highly recommended cocktails, and ended up staying for a few hours! Inside has a gorgeous Vegas like feel, but we opted for the patio. Stayed for wine (lots to choose from) and an amazing dinner. Best steak I've had in ages! Great service, and atmosphere, will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencelovedtoeatDined on 4/30/2014My husband and I cannot say enough about the food and service at George Ultra Lounge. Absolutely delicious, beautifully plated, great wine list and wonderful service. All in all it was a lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gembruceDined on 3/14/2014easy to walk past the front door and not notice what is behind it. good food, good service in a multi faceted room. a good findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightyumyumsipalotDined on 2/14/2014The service and food were exceptional! Throughout the dinner of delicious beet salad, to the mouth watering steak and scrumptious salmon, the staff at Georges made our Valentines evening extraordinary. Special shout out to Kimberly and Stephanie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine OutTravisDined on 2/1/2014Went with the girlfriend as part of Dine Out. Was pleasantly surprised that we could order off of either the George or Brix (which is upstairs) menus. I ordered off of one and the gf the other. The food was good, service average, and noise level was low, but we were sat in the back area. I suspect that it could be noisier out by the bar. Definitely plan to go back and try some of their cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weird service...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/1/2014take the wine order... what was it again... as she never asked for the varietal - funny to she massacred the seal on the bottle - can i et some pepper with the salad... hmmm i wonder where this one went ... oh ya... we had 3 or maybe 4 people serving and taking orders each time different... such a small place... now that was confusing oh ya and 2 people walked out... sat and left right away... 2 funny... very weird...2 bad as the food wasn't bad... just the experience was...weird food music kinda night club ish...Special Features:
- We came for early dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014We came for early dinner and restaurant was quiet. We enjoyed their butter squash puree and veil, dessert was delicious. Their cocktail list is great, lots to choose from. Dine out menu is very well put together. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for drinkscmariecDined on 1/29/2014George is known for their drinks. Food is provided by Brix, which is a great restaurant, but if I wanted Brix food, i would go to Brix.
- Great food and cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Yaletown isn't really my scene, but I went here for their Dine Out menu and really enjoyed all three courses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pass the food, go for drinksMelissaDined on 1/17/2014Went for dine out, the good definitely was not worth it.. I did not have high expectations but after a three course meal going for poutine and enjoying that more is saying a lot. Go somewhere else for dinner and stop here for drinks after. Has a really nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- The service was terrific,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013The service was terrific, our server a real gem. It was our first stop on an evening out and a great way to begin the evening. Our dinners were yummy so what more can you ask for in an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance and Service, Ok foodIloveFood9Dined on 11/23/2013Sable fish gnocchi - sauce was tasty but the gnocchi was very doughy creme brule - was runny banana dessert - portion was very small and tasted okay beef carpaccio - kale was nice addition but the dish lacked flavour Execellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktail menuLlammieVIPDined on 10/22/2013Best mojito in town. Food was good but nothing compared to their drinks. Great for a girls night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yaletown Treasure!YVRerVIPDined on 9/7/2013This little place is amazing, the food was fabulous, I had the best mussels I have ever had! Our server was attentive and extremely thoughtful, and the ambiance was perfect for a pre Eagles concert dinner!!! We highly recommend this spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoringOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2013Located in Yaletown I figured this would be a hot spot - wrooong. We arrived at 8pm and it was empty - stuck around for an hour for some drinks and appies and was still empty, so we left to go somewhere else. Drinks were very small and very expensive - same with most of the appies. Great for older couples that want to go somewhere romantic and quiet.Special Features:
- A bit disappointed in the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Food , ambiance was good .. But did not get the service Attention I would have hoped to see from Yale town It was sparse and not very attentive for a birthday dinner . I however would come back and try it again The fire light is spectacular . Sorry just being honest And myself being in the customer services sales industry .. It's a HUGE reason why people return or continue using Products ....Special Features:
- We found the food surprisinglyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/4/2012We found the food surprisingly good, everyone in our group enjoyed their meals, the service was friendly and ambiance calming. The decor is sophisticated chic and low key, we are looking forward to returning soon. The beef short ribs were memorable!Special Features:
- Very creative cocktail list.CandaceDined on 10/17/2012Very creative cocktail list. The food was delicious. I recommend dhaving date night here.Special Features:
- Reservation: Had a 9pm resoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2012Reservation: Had a 9pm reso for a group of 7, my friends birthday, got seated at 9:15...I don't mind, but others may be particular about that. Service: Drinks took forever, when they arrived, they were wrong, when we commented about it the server said "well you already drank half of it" My husband went to the washroom, while we were all at the table and the bartender chased him thinking he was leaving without paying, even though there was 6 of us sitting at the table! I also paid for my friends birthday meal, and the server also took $50 from her!..I have serious problems with that!
- Don't think I'd go backSeahawksfanDined on 9/1/2012We came to George's Ultra Lounge for my birthday. I had 12 friends with me. Unfortunately they had trouble accommodating my large group and didn't make any effort to squeeze my friends in for the special occasion which left them sitting outside of our table. Also, the menu was extremely small and not consistent with the online menu. I looked at the menu online before selecting this location however they told me that four months ago they took off all the fire roasted pizzas. (Which is what I was most looking forward to). They also added the gratuity to our bill which was upsetting because the server didn't deserve the huge tip we were forced to give her. Another thing that was kind of annoying was the kitchen wouldn't do any substitutions.Special Features: