George Martin's Grillfire
7793-A Arundel Mills Blvd.
Hanover, MD 21076Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
George Martin's Grillfire
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.grillfirearundel.com/
- Phone: 4107992883
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Frank Grecco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private parties are out specialty at George Martin"s Grillfire, whether your occasion calls for an intimate cocktail affair, an elaborate full-course dinner, or a special holiday gathering. Let us accommodate your group of up to forty in our main dining room, or up to one hundred people for daytime gatherings.
A word from George Martin's Grillfire
Grillfire is a sophisticated American Grill celebrating the foods we have all come to love. With a focus on authentic regional and adopted international dishes, guests enjoy dining in the richly designed space for all reasons, for all seasons. Grillfire appeals to discerning diners who appreciate the high impact flavors and whimsical presentations on the user-friendly menu. Whether desiring a grilled, juicy burger after a late night arrival, enjoying exotic cocktails at the bar with colleagues, sharing a high value meal with friends or family, or savoring that all important banquet dinner, Grillfire consistently exceeds guest’s expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
George Martin's Grillfire - Best Restaurants in Hanover, MD ›
George Martin's Grillfire reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)good for groups (47)neighborhood gem (43)great for lunch (36)fit for foodies (32)romantic (30)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (26)great for brunch (24)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (16)great for outdoor dining (15)notable wine list (12)scenic view (4)Show More
- Not too badOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014Very good food but too many menu items are a la carte. Menu items are somewhat overpriced but good service and brought free champagne for our anniversary which was unexpected.
- Good Food and ServiceCommonwealthDined on 8/17/2014We went to George Martin's Grillfire to celebrate my parents anniversary. The service was very good and the waiter made sure to check back with us often. When we ordered dinner they were out of the ribs, but the pot roast was just as good. We also ordered the grilled shrimp and swordfish. They both tasted very good although they were out the sweet potato hash. They even provide something special in the way of dessert for the special occasion. I would go there again for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and amazing ambiencekmmbDined on 8/17/2014I met a small group of ladies here for brunch. The food was average, but the ambience was really nice. We sat in the lounge which looked like a nice flex space that could accommodate large groups, if necessary. They also had a section with booths for average sized parties. The restaurant was not too busy and our service was great.Special Features:
- Luv it!LillyDined on 8/15/2014Grill Fire was it's usual perfect place! Moscato, ribs, shrimp, horseradish encrusted meatloaf, wait staff all superb. But the stir fried brussel sprouts were awesome. No room for dessert!Special Features:
- Terrific DiningReturningCustomerDined on 8/15/2014While I'm a frequent diner at this place, I was disappointed with the meal this evening. I had the Country Fried Breast of Chicken and the meal was simply over cooked. The chicken was like rubber and the toasted brussel sprouts were black throughout. I would stick to the skirt steak and meatloaf - these are outstanding choices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/11/2014Great variety and consistently good food. Met a friend for lunch who I wanted to spend time with and Ashley was wonderful allowing us to set the pace. A great server ! We enjoyed our lunch - a delicious chicken Caesar salad and a grilled chicken sandwich that came with sea salted fries. Both meals were presented well and very reasonable for the quality. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone having a business or leisure lunch. Food and service is excellent!Special Features:
- Special occasionHappycampers4Dined on 8/10/2014Wonderful service and selection for a casual or a semi- formal get together!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!JennDined on 8/8/2014Love Grill Fire... Have been several times. The food is always awesome and so is the wait staff. Recommend it to everyone I know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ReliableGourmanVIPDined on 8/8/2014We always eat here when we have to visit the Airport or nearby train station at BWI airport. We make it a part of our travel. The food is solid and the service is on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Their was no wait and the food was delicious. I had ribs and shrimp. I would definetly return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank You Angela AndersonGlutenfree5VIPDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I came to Grillfire after I was picked up from the airport. When we arrived I asked if Ms. Angela Anderson was available and if not to tell her that I said hello. It turns out that Ms. Anderson came to our table and talked with us and then a few minutes later we were provided with appetizers that we didn't order (which was a pleasant surprise) and they were quite yummy. The meals also that were ordered were wonderful. Ms. Anderson you did a phenomenal job and everything was very tasty. So once again thank you from the bottom of my heart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food excellent.. Noise level from bar too high. recommend some sort of barrier between ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerdinewithfriendsDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good and the waitress was very friendly and attentive. However, I feel the cost of the meal was higher than the quality. Therefore, this is a place for special occasions. I would definitely return at some point in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkaySusannah61VIPDined on 7/24/2014We enjoyed ourselves, but had to ask three separate times for a wine/cocktail list. The service was slow--it seemed that the server was assigned too many tables. The food was fine, but not spectacular. It's a pretty location, inside a beautiful hotel.
- BirthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014I booked the reservation on Open Table and informed the restaurant that we were celebrating a birthday. There was no mention or action for this before or during our meal. So as we were asked about ordering dessert, I felt I needed to mention it so that something would be done. The waitress made up for it for us and brought a special birthday dessert with candle! The waitress was wonderful. But I wished that the message that I originally wrote online would have been noted by the restaurant and communicated to their staff to begin with. Still a very nice time by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDawnDined on 7/19/2014The food was absolutely delicious! My husband and I have dined here one time before and both times had wonderful experiences. I would definitely recommend to friends and family! Wonderful service also.... enjoyed our date night out!Special Features:
- Service was poorKimsCupcakeryDined on 7/18/2014I've been a few times to Grillfire by Arundel Mills. The very last time I went was for my father in law's birthday. Our waiter wasn't great at all. She made several mistakes but wouldn't own up to them. She forgot to put my husband's order in but decided to blame the kitchen. Then she brought us our check before my husband even finished eating. And didn't even ask us if we wanted dessert! We did get to speak with the manager and she was very kind and helpful. The food was just ok. Nothing spectacular. I've had better experiences during the lunch hour.Special Features:
- YummyFoodieintrainingDined on 7/15/2014We had a wonderful dinner. Great steak and good wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local SpotDanjoVIPDined on 7/13/2014Food was very good . Three of us had the Swordfish which was great with outstanding sides . The Shrimp and Scallop dish was tasty with lots of seafood. The meal ends with cotton candy which is a nice touch.Special Features:
- ACCT345ACCT345Dined on 7/13/2014We've been to the restaurant a number of times since opening. We have enjoyed the experience. The cotton candy is a nice touch to complete the dining experience.Special Features:
- Well worth a stop enroute to BWImnoormo1VIPDined on 7/13/2014We stopped here for brunch on our way to BWI. The restaurant is located in The Hotel at the Preserve right off the exit for Arundel Mills. The Eggs Benedict were perfect with just the right amount of Hollandaise sauce. The service was efficient and the hostess very polite and friendly.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Only our 2nd time, but I learned to make a reservation after the first time. Food is excellent. Cotton candy after your meal says "We are an elegant restaurant but we don't take ourselves extremely serious."Special Features:
- Sophistication at affordable priceLala178Dined on 7/11/2014Me and my boyfriend went here for his birthday. The food was fantastic the serve was quick. There isn't one bad thing on the menu- this was our fifth time coming hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick Bite at Nite - Excellent FoodMyJaleoVIPDined on 7/10/2014Guests were coming in and wanted a quick bite. Great food and enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time, still great!TravnMartisseDined on 7/10/2014Not much to say--- this is the second time I've been here, both for special occasions. I picked it this time. Glad I did. You won't be disappointed. Not necessary 5-star food, but great nonetheless. Drinks were good and promptly served. Prices are very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair dining experiencemnmitchellDined on 7/10/2014The cotton candy at the end of the meal was a nice surprise! The food was great and the service was OK.Special Features:
- Always goodScottGDined on 7/2/2014Grillfire is not trying to be a five star in downtown Manhattan. However, the service is always good and the food well above average. Rating a restaurant as "Outstanding" should be a rare choice so they received "Very Good". That is not a knock by any means. If you are in the area, it is an excellent choice for lunch or dinner. It is one of my favorites in the area.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service!TheParkersDined on 6/30/2014I took my husband here for his birthday and we had a wonderful time! The manager brought over complimentary flutes of champagne for his birthday and our waiter was awesome! The food was very delicious and we were in and out of there within one hour! We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterCudBbetterDined on 6/26/2014Staff confused with a birthday and anniversary. The staff was having a good time but seemed a bit too much and unprofessional. Especially the amount of money you drop on a dinner meal. Also, other customers were very noisy but to be honest folks are having a good time.....that is why I would say it's not a place for romantic dinning....it would be a good place to have casual dinning, but at that price????? The food: Good steak not worth 34 bucks, dessert was a cheese cake with fruit; it was out of a box cheese cake and fruits must have been triple the price of the steak because it was scarce on the cheese cake. Why call it cheese cake with fruit?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Good friendsthinfoodieDined on 6/24/2014This was a good central point to meet good friends I haven't seen in a year! We picked it for the compelling menu, easy access off between Baltimore and Annapolis and free parking. We shared the homemade guacamole which was creamy and chunky at the same time. Three of us had wine and our waitress was knowledgeable helping us to select wine for each taste. The portions on the food were filling. We shared both fish and meat dishes. The best item, all agreed was the dessert of Flourless chocolate cake with ganache and caramel sauce topped with ice cream! The least favorite was a side of sugar snap peas virtually raw in bacon fat. Our waitress was great not pressuring us and letting us enjoy the good food and good company.Special Features:
- first timersMrsSVIPDined on 6/21/2014we went for my husband's birthday. we ended up sitting in the bar. i was suprised to see the facility allowed women with kids in the bar seating. I had tomato and feta salad with tuna appetizer which were very good. one of our group members had the ribs which he said were dry but everything else was fair. they do not have fireball for such a large bar i was suprised. They also ran out of Titos vodka- a bar should be well stocked. I blame bar mgt for this move. Hostess was very nice.Special Features:
- I'll go againCurlywolfDined on 6/21/2014This was our second trip to Grillefire and I'm sure there will be a third. The food is very good, the place is a little loud for my taste but not loud enough to prevent conversation. We had one small glitch from the kitchen that our server Jeff and his manager, who's name I didn't catch, rectified quickly. Overall a good experience - again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably enjoyable, great ambienceTheMansAPandaDined on 6/21/2014We have dined at Grillfire seven or eight times and have never had a bad experience. For once I didn't order the amazing meatloaf and instead ordered the seafood fettucine alfredo and enjoyed it very much. My wife's seafood appetizer and salad were excellent and the four others in our party were just as pleased with their selections. Two of our party, just out of college, were there for the first time and were only slightly disappointed that the cotton candy machine was not working that night. Love the decor but it was noisier than usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemDiner79Dined on 6/20/2014This is a great find tucked away in the new area just outside of the crowded Arundel Mills mall complex!Special Features:
- Ladies night outIneedaDined on 6/19/2014We wanted to go to the casino,but wanted a nice happy hour after work before going to Live Casino. This was our first time here. The food was superb. Every dish dish was excellent. I have never been to a restaurant where the waiter recommended a dish and it was exactly the way he described it. The dessert was absolutely one of the best dark chocolates I've ever had. I an planning to come back very soon with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crab cakesLauraVIPDined on 6/19/2014Really enjoyed the crab cakes. They did not get our orders correct which was dissapointing since husband is gluten intolerant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for a great burger & more?OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/19/2014A great menu that is varied for lunch! Salads, entrees, sandwiches and burgers. We were taking a friend out who specifically wanted to go out for burgers. They have a dried aged steak burger that is excellent. They prepare them perfectly and serve them with wonderful sea salt fries for an incredible reasonable price. For those among you who want more you can never go wrong here! Service is excellent too!Special Features:
- Girls Night OutDeeSingDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant is a little tucked away but very nice. We had good service from our waiter Jeremy. The food was good (except the grilled broccolini). Also, the cotton candy machine had been broken for 3 weeks so that was disappointing, not to get the complimentary cotton candy.Special Features:
- Nice EveningIady605Dined on 6/11/2014We went out for a business dinner and everyone thought the restaurant was a great choice. The service was attentive and everyone enjoyed their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendCaraMDined on 6/6/2014Everyone loved their food. Superb. Will absolutely go back again and again.Special Features: