George Martin's Grillfire
7793-A Arundel Mills Blvd.
Hanover, MD 21076Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
George Martin's Grillfire
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.grillfirearundel.com/
- Phone: 4107992883
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Frank Grecco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private parties are out specialty at George Martin"s Grillfire, whether your occasion calls for an intimate cocktail affair, an elaborate full-course dinner, or a special holiday gathering. Let us accommodate your group of up to forty in our main dining room, or up to one hundred people for daytime gatherings.
A word from George Martin's Grillfire
Grillfire is a sophisticated American Grill celebrating the foods we have all come to love. With a focus on authentic regional and adopted international dishes, guests enjoy dining in the richly designed space for all reasons, for all seasons. Grillfire appeals to discerning diners who appreciate the high impact flavors and whimsical presentations on the user-friendly menu. Whether desiring a grilled, juicy burger after a late night arrival, enjoying exotic cocktails at the bar with colleagues, sharing a high value meal with friends or family, or savoring that all important banquet dinner, Grillfire consistently exceeds guest’s expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
George Martin's Grillfire - Best Restaurants in Hanover, MD ›
George Martin's Grillfire reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (30)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (28)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (19)great for brunch (19)romantic (17)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (11)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014nice restaurant, good food and service, could use a few standards on the menu, such as burger or chicken for picky, unadventurous diners. Cotton Candy was a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE LOCAL DINNERDex024VIPDined on 10/18/2014Great place to catch a nice dinner...fireplaces are a nice ambiance...with parking tooSpecial Features:
- under cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This was my second visit to your restaurant and for the second time my steak was not cooked to order. In both visits the steak was undercooked and on second visit my shrimp were cold and it took one hour to receive our food. The nightime manager was very apologetic and did not charge me for my wifes food. I did decline any food that night because I was very frustrated and we had plans so we could not wait around. We did come back the following morning for breakfast which was very good. Again the manager did not charge me for my breakfast but honestly I am not one to look for a free meal, I just expect good food and good service. If I do return I will be sure not to order steak and I can not recommend your restaurant to anyone.
- Great ExperienceGourmanVIPDined on 10/12/2014We always come here. The restaurant is a good place to wait for a train or plane as the BWI complex is only about 7 minutes away. We will be back hopefully very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!BecksterDined on 10/11/2014This is the 3rd time we've been to this restaurant to celebrate a birthday. Food is excellent as well as the service. A great restaurant to celebrate a special occasion as they can accommodate groups as well as couples in a very inviting setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitstaff not interestedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We, my husband and I, keep going back because it's close to home and the food and ambiance are pretty good, but the staff makes for a less than desirable experience. The last couple of times the waitresses we had were not friendly or helpful. They were also not attentive. They look over your head when talking to you, are gabbing with co workers when you need something, and never, ever smile. My husband says he's done with the Grill Fire preferring the Stanford Grill in Columbia better, but I would like to se them fix this apathy in their staff and continue to go there.
- I would returnStonecoveloveDined on 10/10/2014I had a reservation but it took awhile for our table to get cleaned and for us to get seated. And there was a large group behind us that was extremely loud. So no opportunity for a romantic date. But the food was excellent and our server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday evening diningAlaskaMarathonPhilDined on 10/6/2014I've been to Grillfire a number of times. It never disappoints. The food is outstanding. They have a great draft beer list and excellent bar drinks. It can sometimes get too crowded, but that's the price you pay for being in the Arundel Mills area and at a hotel. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish they acknowledged the birthdayCMagnuson1028Dined on 10/3/2014Good food per usual but it was a special occasion that I made note of in my reservation like all other places have.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food...too loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We chose to celebrate our Anniversary after going with friends. The service and food are wonderful! The staff made our celebration special with champagne...not to mention the cotton candy! Have been raving to friends ever since.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceDianaDined on 9/29/2014This was my third time dining at Grillfire, this time with co-workers celebrating with one who is moving on to her next job. Great variety in the lunch menu, which we ordered from. Excellent service. No surprise as my experience the first two times was similarly satisfying. I highly recommend Grillfire to anyone seeking a low-stress, sophisticated lunch out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience as alwaysDawnDined on 9/26/2014My sister & I dined here and had a wonderful experience. Been here a few times and really love this place! Dinner was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good findRoytanDined on 9/26/2014We came here for a long weekend and found this restaurant. Great service good food a little noisy due to the bar scene. We would tend to go back to Vivo which is right next-door to the grill fire due to the noise level. The salmon was fantastic as was the steak.Special Features:
- not so bad brunchfunkreviewVIPDined on 9/21/2014We took family there for brunch because we had been there for dinner before and really enjoyed the place. I would say our dinner experience was much better. The brunch menu was less than desirable and service was okay. The bloody Mary's were average. I would definitely go again for dinner but won't be back for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJPayenDined on 9/20/2014This was my the first time my husband and I dined here and we really enjoyed the food and the service! Our food was excellent!! We both had steak and it was cooked perfectly!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014Roula was our server. I could not ask for a better person. A+ all the way.Special Features:
- Fine dining $$ w fast food crowdSteakguyDined on 9/20/2014This is where I took my now fiancée on our first date, I didn't remember it being a causal dining restaurant but it is a jeans and t-shirt crowd now. The wait staff was slow to get to our table but was attentive for the remainder of the meal. Unfortunately she or the kitchen made a mistake on the steak order and rather than medium rare I received a steak medium to medium well. I didn't say anything to not ruin the night for my fiancée. What ruined the experience for me was the table behind us the two girls behind my booth seat slammed into it every 3 to 5 minutes jolting me forward. It was like trying to eat in a moving truck off-road. I know now if we return to ask for a table rather than a booth.
- OverallLovegoodfoodDined on 9/19/2014My second time there - really really (really again) good food and service. Would recommend 100%. The server was friendly without being over-friendly, she was just right! Menu is outstanding - too many good things on it.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodJohnnyDined on 9/16/2014Grillfire offers an assorted menu of premium seafood, smoked barbecue, and excellent selection of beers and other alcoholic beverages. A great place for happy hour in Friday nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/16/2014Had an ok time wouldn't say it was great. The servers are always nice and friendly. I noticed their were two large parties so it was pretty loud and explains the foods lack of "tlc". The guy who brought our food over went to the wrong table and had to be redirected by one of the servers. Our drinks took 15-20 mins to come from the bar. The server did apologize for the wait and said they should be coming up soon. We still waited I would say an additional 10 mins after that. I would suggest that management staff the proper amount of people when you know you are going to be busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come back!SPKBDined on 9/13/2014Stumbled onto this through an OpenTable search as other choices we looked to were booked. So glad we found it and will definitely return. The pretzel/crab/brie appetizer was phenomenal. Soy skirt steak was tender and full of flavor; coconut shrimp were delicious. Everything was delicious. Decent atmosphere - not fine dining but a step above casual. Very good service. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- ExcellentKimiDined on 8/30/2014A special event for visiting family. Our waitress was excellent and very attentive.Special Features:
- Love the grillfire!sweetnspicygalDined on 8/29/2014Home-styled and traditional dishes with a modern twist and. If you love sweet and spicy get the Chilli pop shrimp!!Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed salads and desserts for lunch. Salads were very fresh and dressing homemade. The cheesecake and apple crisp were both excellent. Service was attentive without being overbearing. This was a leisure lunch and much enjoyed!Special Features:
- Not too badOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014Very good food but too many menu items are a la carte. Menu items are somewhat overpriced but good service and brought free champagne for our anniversary which was unexpected.
- Good Food and ServiceCommonwealthDined on 8/17/2014We went to George Martin's Grillfire to celebrate my parents anniversary. The service was very good and the waiter made sure to check back with us often. When we ordered dinner they were out of the ribs, but the pot roast was just as good. We also ordered the grilled shrimp and swordfish. They both tasted very good although they were out the sweet potato hash. They even provide something special in the way of dessert for the special occasion. I would go there again for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and amazing ambiencekmmbDined on 8/17/2014I met a small group of ladies here for brunch. The food was average, but the ambience was really nice. We sat in the lounge which looked like a nice flex space that could accommodate large groups, if necessary. They also had a section with booths for average sized parties. The restaurant was not too busy and our service was great.Special Features:
- Luv it!LillyDined on 8/15/2014Grill Fire was it's usual perfect place! Moscato, ribs, shrimp, horseradish encrusted meatloaf, wait staff all superb. But the stir fried brussel sprouts were awesome. No room for dessert!Special Features:
- Terrific DiningReturningCustomerDined on 8/15/2014While I'm a frequent diner at this place, I was disappointed with the meal this evening. I had the Country Fried Breast of Chicken and the meal was simply over cooked. The chicken was like rubber and the toasted brussel sprouts were black throughout. I would stick to the skirt steak and meatloaf - these are outstanding choices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/11/2014Great variety and consistently good food. Met a friend for lunch who I wanted to spend time with and Ashley was wonderful allowing us to set the pace. A great server ! We enjoyed our lunch - a delicious chicken Caesar salad and a grilled chicken sandwich that came with sea salted fries. Both meals were presented well and very reasonable for the quality. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone having a business or leisure lunch. Food and service is excellent!Special Features:
- Special occasionHappycampers4Dined on 8/10/2014Wonderful service and selection for a casual or a semi- formal get together!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!JennDined on 8/8/2014Love Grill Fire... Have been several times. The food is always awesome and so is the wait staff. Recommend it to everyone I know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ReliableGourmanVIPDined on 8/8/2014We always eat here when we have to visit the Airport or nearby train station at BWI airport. We make it a part of our travel. The food is solid and the service is on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Their was no wait and the food was delicious. I had ribs and shrimp. I would definetly return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank You Angela AndersonGlutenfree5VIPDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I came to Grillfire after I was picked up from the airport. When we arrived I asked if Ms. Angela Anderson was available and if not to tell her that I said hello. It turns out that Ms. Anderson came to our table and talked with us and then a few minutes later we were provided with appetizers that we didn't order (which was a pleasant surprise) and they were quite yummy. The meals also that were ordered were wonderful. Ms. Anderson you did a phenomenal job and everything was very tasty. So once again thank you from the bottom of my heart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food excellent.. Noise level from bar too high. recommend some sort of barrier between ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerdinewithfriendsDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good and the waitress was very friendly and attentive. However, I feel the cost of the meal was higher than the quality. Therefore, this is a place for special occasions. I would definitely return at some point in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkaySusannah61VIPDined on 7/24/2014We enjoyed ourselves, but had to ask three separate times for a wine/cocktail list. The service was slow--it seemed that the server was assigned too many tables. The food was fine, but not spectacular. It's a pretty location, inside a beautiful hotel.
- BirthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014I booked the reservation on Open Table and informed the restaurant that we were celebrating a birthday. There was no mention or action for this before or during our meal. So as we were asked about ordering dessert, I felt I needed to mention it so that something would be done. The waitress made up for it for us and brought a special birthday dessert with candle! The waitress was wonderful. But I wished that the message that I originally wrote online would have been noted by the restaurant and communicated to their staff to begin with. Still a very nice time by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDawnDined on 7/19/2014The food was absolutely delicious! My husband and I have dined here one time before and both times had wonderful experiences. I would definitely recommend to friends and family! Wonderful service also.... enjoyed our date night out!Special Features: