George Martin The Original
65 North Park Avenue
Rockville Centre, NY 11570Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
George Martin The Original
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.georgemartingroup.com/
- Phone: (516) 678-7272
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday 12:00pm-3:00pm Dinner Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Holt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our accomplished staff is available to cater a party in your home.
- Private Party Facilities: George Martin's dining room is available for private parties Saturday and Sunday from 11:30am - 4:30pm for a maximum of 120 guests. A separate party room is available every day and night for a maximum of 55 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Sullivan 5166787272x
A word from George Martin The Original
A genuine American Bistro, at George Martin The Original the emphasis is on prime steaks, chops and seafood. The mood is lively and upbeat with a casual, yet sophisticated atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
George Martin The Original - Best Restaurants in Rockville Centre ›
George Martin The Original reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (104)fit for foodies (71)good for groups (62)special occasion (60)vibrant bar scene (51)hot spot (38)great for lunch (33)notable wine list (33)romantic (29)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (14)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- George Martin - What Happened?MalverneFoodieVIPDined on 11/22/2014George Martin has been a favorite of ours for close to 20 years, but there has been a huge change in staff, service and quality. Twice in the last 3 weeks, the service was downright poor, and this last time, my petite filet mignon (which I order every time) could have been used as a hockey puck. Our waitress took forever to take and then bring our drink order after we'd been seated. It also didn't help that she put an olive in a manhattan. The bill was brought to the table before the coffee, and then dessert took so long, everyone had finished their coffee. To top off the evening, after paying the $360 bill for four of us, the waitress ce back over and said she hadn't charged for a glass of wine, and have us another bill for $11!! Are you kidding me? Any decent restaurant would have said that ones on the house. Very sad, but after 2 bad experiences, George's Martin is a little too pricey to hope for better next time.
- Not so great this visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014I can't think of the dish name but it consist of a very small not even 6 oz filet mignon, and 3 small scoallops, oh lets not forget the blue cheese on top for 42 dollars. When I go out with my wife and its very frequently, we don't mind expense as long as the quality of the food goes along with it. Even though I emphasize the portion amount that wasn't the main point, food just didn't taste well, scallops were chewy, the steak over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- George MartinSherilaDined on 11/8/2014I was very pleased that my 7:15 reservation was honored & that our table was waiting for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodhardtoimpressVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great food. Everybody had different apps and entrees. Everything was fantastic, steak, pork, fish dishes. Soup, salad, and pasta apps also delicious. The only annoying thing was that food runners mixed up everybodys dishes when brining them to table. Otherwise would have given outstanding rating for serviceSpecial Features:
- Not as we had hoped...Terryrn63Dined on 11/7/2014We looked forward to the meal noted on the menu for the Long Island Restaurant Week. We were disappointed! The duck was non existent in the entree and the bread pudding was hard, cold and tasteless. On the bright side, the butternut squash carbonara as an appetizer was very good as was the pretzel baked brie with fig jam. Service and drinks were very good. The venue is a large space with a spacious bar. I would return for drinks only next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!Gr8EatsDined on 11/6/2014George Martin is very adept at providing a very pleasurable dinning experience. Food was very tasteful, I had the duck. The staff was amazing, very attentive but we never felt rushed. Very high marks for them. Overall a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/6/2014George Martin never disappoints! Always consistently good!
- Great meallovetoeatoutDined on 11/5/2014Food and service were great. From appetizer through desert everything was perfect. Kitchen will handle special requests as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/5/2014Food and service was excellent for our first visit. Will go back again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBlahDined on 11/3/2014We went to George Martin for restaurant week. We have been for restaurant week in the past. This time however the food was not good at all. It had no flavor what so ever. This has never happened in the past. I was very disappointed!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/2/2014George Martin The Original is a true neighborhood gem. At night, there is plenty of parking and is located at the train station at Rockville Centre. The menu has options for everyone. There are always many choices and the staff and service is the best around....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EbrunzEbrunzDined on 11/2/2014Delicious food and great service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale neighborhood restaurantSuzieQDined on 11/2/2014This is my second time dining at George Martin. The food is good, however, it is expensive, and even more so when it comes to their steak, than some Manhattan locations. If steak is what you are going for, I would suggest going to perhaps a Ruth's Chris instead. The chicken was moist and flavorful and the German dish, the schnitzel was tasty as well.Special Features:
- Great restaurant week menu.GeminiVIPDined on 10/27/2014We dined for restaurant week, it was the most appealing restaurant week menu we could find, so decided to try it. We were not disappointed. Huge portions & extremely flavorful overall. We were four, and each had a different appetizer and entree, and we're all very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just OkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Have been going to GM the Original for years, and they just changed the men, maybe that is why the food which I have always enjoyed was just ok nothing specialI would recommend this to a friend.
- Fromo4Dined on 10/25/2014Good from start to finish. Excellent wine pairing with my meal. GM salad was quite good. My filet was cooked exactly to my liking. Wait staff was courteous and attentive. The other members of my party felt the same way. Whatever food was taken home was due to the generous portions. We will definitely come backSpecial Features:
- Consistency in qualityBigdaddyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Gm is always a reliable place for great lunch or dinner. Prices are reasonable, although they seemed to have goosed them up a little. Still is a gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, but NOISY!!GreatDinnerChoiceDined on 10/24/2014The waitress service was perfect, the food was great in presentation, taste, and temperature (plates were hot and food was too). But the noise level made conversation a chore. We were a table of four, and we left with sore throats from trying to make ourselves heard. It was a Friday night, 8pm reservation, and the place was packed. Lively, well-dressed crowd, handsome restaurant, very attentive and accommodating waitstaff. Dinner was perfectly seasoned and tasted fresh and delicious; very ample portions and prepared with care. We'll definitely be back, but on a mid-week night in the hopes that the noise level will be a bit calmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerDinnertimeDined on 10/23/2014I always really enjoy my meals at George Martin the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food & serviceizzyDined on 10/18/2014The crowded situation has been solved with a separate dining room allowing the food & service to shine through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FrancejolieDined on 10/16/2014The flat iron steak with french fried onions and horse radish sauce was delicious!!!! Cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great Food and ServicepattychDined on 10/15/2014My husband and I ate here the other night for RVC restaurant week. There was a fantastic menu and 420.00 wine on Wednesdays. The prix fix was out of theis world. Therer were many options to choose from. The butternut squash appetizer was so huge I took it home for the next day. The short ribs..no knife needed and desserts yum yum. We had Mary, a great waitress who put up with our questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/14/2014George Martin never disappoints! Food is always consistent and very good!
- Great friendly restaurantWaltDined on 10/5/2014We have been dining here for over13 years. We are always greeted warmly and have very knowledgeable friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellentDeedee123Dined on 10/5/2014The popovers , steak and chopped salad where wonderful as always! Best steaks around! Not overcrowded ambiance is nice.....only caveat is noise level is a bit loud but that's because it's always full as are all the great places to eat!Special Features:
- Dinner with the girlsLuv2dineDined on 10/1/2014The girls try to have dinner at least once a season. We want good food, and not to be on top of the next table. Th food was excellent, the waitress was great in suggesting dishes. We had plenty of space so we did not interfere with other dinners. The food was great and we were not rushed.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem!GrammicjDined on 9/26/2014Great service, great food. The bar area is noisy, but the dining area is quite comfortable as far as noise level. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantEddieDined on 9/23/2014Service and food were both great. Prices reasonableSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningDeb16Dined on 9/20/2014This was my second visit: the arctic char was fresh and perfectly cooked on a bed of crispy string beans. My husband and I split the salad, and they divided it for us on separate plates. They put a sparkler in our dessert when they learned it was our anniversary. It was a great dinner and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Fabulous desserts!RVCgalDined on 9/19/2014Great food: always perfectly prepared. Great ambiance. Excellent desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past its PrimestockholmkenDined on 9/18/2014Granted the food is good, very good. And basically, that's what you come for. But, when the hostess keeps checking on the tables around you and that you sit in (to see if you are done yet so they can seat the next guests), it becomes a tedious process to finish your food. You feel rushed and ultimately the food can't be enjoyed. Also the restaurant just has a very cramped feel and the average age of the dinner guests easily is 65+, certainly not the most vibrant crowd for thirty-somethings.Special Features:
- neighborhood gemDomSDined on 9/17/2014We celebrated George Martin the Original on their 25th anniversary. We have been patrons from the beginning and continue to find this restaurant consistent in good food, good service and atmosphere - can get noisy at times, but this just shows people are having a good time!! Congratulations George Martin The Original!!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014George Martin restaurant was celebrating it's 25th anniversary all week long. We were there on a busy Wednesday. Our table was ready when we arrived. The special menu was fantastic. There were many selections to choose from. The appetizers were outstanding. The black bean soup was hot & flavorful. Our table also ordered a brie stuffed pretzel & BBQ chicken tacos. The dinner entrees we chose were the pork jagerschnitzel & salmon. Delicious!!! Dessert was yummy. We all had the brownie sunday. The service was super as always. George Martin restaurant is a great place to eat.Special Features:
- Great service great foodCharlesDined on 9/15/2014Great service great food . It's not the most quite place to have a meal but there was no problem speaking and hearing my spouse while dining. Never had a bad meal here. Service has always been stellarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Food and service outstanding Will definitely go back if I'm ever in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently gooBigdaddyVIPDined on 9/9/2014We like george martin because both the food and the service can always be expected to be very good. In the main part of the restauant it can be a little loud becauae of the hard aurfaces but it is tolerable. I have not eaten in there side room but understand it is far more quiet and coZy. That is opened only weekends when tgey are bigger crowd. You can alwaays find many locals therebecauae it is relaiabbleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaVIPDined on 9/3/2014As always, we had an amazing meal at George Martin. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a classic restaurant around todayLovetoeat4Dined on 8/31/2014If you want ambiance( booths, low lighting, modern) ang outstanding food, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice FindAndyPeeDined on 8/30/2014George Martin offered a really nice overall dining experience. No issues with the food, its quality and preparation, the service or price. We arrived around 6PM on Saturday evening, the place was cozy. As one cannot fault a restaurant because of its popularity;we left around 8PM, the place was full and a bit noisy-not uncomfortable. Menu includes great salads, burgers and steak sandwiches, pastas a great assortment of fish, chicken and beef entrees. Specials are offered;lengthy and creative. Leave room for desserts; done with a creative flair. It did appear as the staff was well trained; each knew their responsibilities;all understood the needs of the customer was primary on the list. Do give the place a try, you will be happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodFoodieDined on 8/29/2014Always good...never disappointed. Great appetizer and entree selection to fit anyone's tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.