George Martin The Original
65 North Park Avenue
Rockville Centre, NY 11570Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
George Martin The Original
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.georgemartingroup.com/
- Phone: 5166787272x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday 12:00pm-3:00pm Dinner Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Holt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our accomplished staff is available to cater a party in your home.
- Private Party Facilities: George Martin's dining room is available for private parties Saturday and Sunday from 11:30am - 4:30pm for a maximum of 120 guests. A separate party room is available every day and night for a maximum of 55 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Sullivan 5166787272x
A word from George Martin The Original
A genuine American Bistro, at George Martin The Original the emphasis is on prime steaks, chops and seafood. The mood is lively and upbeat with a casual, yet sophisticated atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
George Martin The Original - Best Restaurants in Rockville Centre ›
George Martin The Original reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (97)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (55)special occasion (55)vibrant bar scene (44)hot spot (36)notable wine list (29)great for lunch (28)romantic (26)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (13)great for brunch (5)Show More
- great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/18/2014The crowded situation has been solved with a separate dining room allowing the food & service to shine through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FrancejolieDined on 10/16/2014The flat iron steak with french fried onions and horse radish sauce was delicious!!!! Cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great Food and ServicepattychDined on 10/15/2014My husband and I ate here the other night for RVC restaurant week. There was a fantastic menu and 420.00 wine on Wednesdays. The prix fix was out of theis world. Therer were many options to choose from. The butternut squash appetizer was so huge I took it home for the next day. The short ribs..no knife needed and desserts yum yum. We had Mary, a great waitress who put up with our questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/14/2014George Martin never disappoints! Food is always consistent and very good!
- Great friendly restaurantWaltDined on 10/5/2014We have been dining here for over13 years. We are always greeted warmly and have very knowledgeable friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellentDeedee123Dined on 10/5/2014The popovers , steak and chopped salad where wonderful as always! Best steaks around! Not overcrowded ambiance is nice.....only caveat is noise level is a bit loud but that's because it's always full as are all the great places to eat!Special Features:
- Dinner with the girlsLuv2dineDined on 10/1/2014The girls try to have dinner at least once a season. We want good food, and not to be on top of the next table. Th food was excellent, the waitress was great in suggesting dishes. We had plenty of space so we did not interfere with other dinners. The food was great and we were not rushed.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem!GrammicjDined on 9/26/2014Great service, great food. The bar area is noisy, but the dining area is quite comfortable as far as noise level. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantEddieDined on 9/23/2014Service and food were both great. Prices reasonableSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningDeb16Dined on 9/20/2014This was my second visit: the arctic char was fresh and perfectly cooked on a bed of crispy string beans. My husband and I split the salad, and they divided it for us on separate plates. They put a sparkler in our dessert when they learned it was our anniversary. It was a great dinner and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Fabulous desserts!RVCgalDined on 9/19/2014Great food: always perfectly prepared. Great ambiance. Excellent desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past its PrimestockholmkenDined on 9/18/2014Granted the food is good, very good. And basically, that's what you come for. But, when the hostess keeps checking on the tables around you and that you sit in (to see if you are done yet so they can seat the next guests), it becomes a tedious process to finish your food. You feel rushed and ultimately the food can't be enjoyed. Also the restaurant just has a very cramped feel and the average age of the dinner guests easily is 65+, certainly not the most vibrant crowd for thirty-somethings.Special Features:
- neighborhood gemDomSDined on 9/17/2014We celebrated George Martin the Original on their 25th anniversary. We have been patrons from the beginning and continue to find this restaurant consistent in good food, good service and atmosphere - can get noisy at times, but this just shows people are having a good time!! Congratulations George Martin The Original!!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014George Martin restaurant was celebrating it's 25th anniversary all week long. We were there on a busy Wednesday. Our table was ready when we arrived. The special menu was fantastic. There were many selections to choose from. The appetizers were outstanding. The black bean soup was hot & flavorful. Our table also ordered a brie stuffed pretzel & BBQ chicken tacos. The dinner entrees we chose were the pork jagerschnitzel & salmon. Delicious!!! Dessert was yummy. We all had the brownie sunday. The service was super as always. George Martin restaurant is a great place to eat.Special Features:
- Great service great foodCharlesDined on 9/15/2014Great service great food . It's not the most quite place to have a meal but there was no problem speaking and hearing my spouse while dining. Never had a bad meal here. Service has always been stellarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Food and service outstanding Will definitely go back if I'm ever in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently gooBigdaddyVIPDined on 9/9/2014We like george martin because both the food and the service can always be expected to be very good. In the main part of the restauant it can be a little loud becauae of the hard aurfaces but it is tolerable. I have not eaten in there side room but understand it is far more quiet and coZy. That is opened only weekends when tgey are bigger crowd. You can alwaays find many locals therebecauae it is relaiabbleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaVIPDined on 9/3/2014As always, we had an amazing meal at George Martin. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a classic restaurant around todayLovetoeat4Dined on 8/31/2014If you want ambiance( booths, low lighting, modern) ang outstanding food, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice FindAndyPeeDined on 8/30/2014George Martin offered a really nice overall dining experience. No issues with the food, its quality and preparation, the service or price. We arrived around 6PM on Saturday evening, the place was cozy. As one cannot fault a restaurant because of its popularity;we left around 8PM, the place was full and a bit noisy-not uncomfortable. Menu includes great salads, burgers and steak sandwiches, pastas a great assortment of fish, chicken and beef entrees. Specials are offered;lengthy and creative. Leave room for desserts; done with a creative flair. It did appear as the staff was well trained; each knew their responsibilities;all understood the needs of the customer was primary on the list. Do give the place a try, you will be happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodFoodieDined on 8/29/2014Always good...never disappointed. Great appetizer and entree selection to fit anyone's tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great After All These Years..SouthShoreGeorgeDined on 8/28/2014Went to an early Friday evening dinner with my family. Hostess, waiter, bus boys, servers were all friendly and attentive. Bar is well stocked and they can make any drink you can imagine. Menu selection is varied and has something for everyone. Can't go wrong with the beef dishes here. Appetizers were tasty and well prepared; main dishes were as ordered and delicious. Desserts hit the spot for a meal ending interlude. Hats off to GM, still doing it right.Special Features:
- Not bad.lombardocsDined on 8/23/2014Food was pretty good but way overpriced. Vibrant scene, darker put, and sexy. But I would curb the amount of times I'd go there. You can find much better restaurants for less money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with familyforvDined on 8/23/2014Had a nice meal with very hungry college kids. Nice wine /good food and good service. Asked for table in back and that's where we were seated. Overall. Very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in RVCGeminiDined on 8/22/2014Another great experience at the original. The Saturday night price fixe is a steal. $49.95 for a delicious lobster roll, a very generous portion of delmonico boneless rib eye steak & a perfect sized portion of fresh fruit and sorbet for dessert. Well be back, as we've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- g.martinsalwayseatingDined on 8/20/2014Solid menu, great choices and very varied. Energetic place full of life good service happy atmosphere. The bar scene was great and Ernie the bartender was excellent. Fair price point as well. Also wonderful for lunch with many specials and excellent bvalue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bustling spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We had great food and good service. If you want quit this is not the spot for you!Special Features:
- Friday in FreeportPauleeGVIPDined on 8/15/2014This place is vibrant with good food, a great wine selection and excellent service. A great place to meet friends or somebody special after work...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Everything was wonderful. The staff goes out of their way to make your lunch or dinner a dining experience. There are always so many delicious apps, entrees & desserts. Their martinis are always so creative and amazing.Special Features:
- George Martin, The OriginalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014The popovers are fabulous! We ordered a stuffed pretzel as an appetizer that was delicious. Every dinner at our table was outstanding, from scallops, St. Peters fish, tuna, to a pasta dish with short ribs. They make outstanding martinis. The service is wonderful. We will be coming back again.Special Features:
- Classic choice never disappointedHammer29VIPDined on 8/9/2014We live in RVC and GM is a regular spot for us to dine. On a date, With family or other couples. Food and service is always excellent. If you are looking for cheaper option. Try grill fire or GM burger bar also great options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodBLEVYVIPDined on 8/6/2014Love the new side room away from the bar. Noise level is much betterSpecial Features:
- Great 28 th anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This was our first time at George Martins. The food was excellent,and our server,Maria, was extremely informative and professional. Her suggestions for your food specials were"spot on". Michael,the manager,was very pleasant . Thank you for our anniversary dessert!!!! We will be back. Great night!!!!Thank you. Nancy TreanorSpecial Features:
- lunchbunchDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful place to eat great food. We have eaten there many times and have always had great food. The wait staff is always attentive, friendly and knowledgeableSpecial Features:
- MavenVIPDined on 7/27/2014George Martin is always a good choice. The food is consistently good and the service is great. It was a great experience and our friends who are foodies liked it a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAJB12VIPDined on 7/25/2014Perfect from the bar to the service to the food. You could not ask for a better all around evening.Special Features:
- Great find!SummersuzDined on 7/25/2014We received a gift certificate and decided to try the restaurant on a Friday night with friends. This was the only time we have been here so I cannot say how it would be for lunch but we had an excellent dinner! Food and service were great. We found a parking spot on the street. Don't know if they have valet as parking can be tricky in that area. Will definitely be going again!Special Features:
- George Martin - Great ExperienceAl101713VIPDined on 7/24/2014As always, GM, as we call it, offers great food, ample portions, great service and wonderful ambience. We celebrate my wife's birthday with with a great dinner experience. This year she chose GM. We have dined there many times and always leave with a wonderful memory.Special Features:
- ExcellentLuvthisplaceDined on 7/22/2014Having been one of your original patrons, it gives me pleasure to see you grow successfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood delightOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/19/2014I have been coming to George Martin the Original for many many years. The service is wonderful and the food is delicious....I love this place. always provides fresh tasty food...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.