George Martin The Original
65 North Park Avenue
Rockville Centre, NY 11570Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
George Martin The Original
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.georgemartingroup.com/
- Phone: 5166787272x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday 12:00pm-3:00pm Dinner Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Holt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our accomplished staff is available to cater a party in your home.
- Private Party Facilities: George Martin's dining room is available for private parties Saturday and Sunday from 11:30am - 4:30pm for a maximum of 120 guests. A separate party room is available every day and night for a maximum of 55 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Sullivan 5166787272x
A word from George Martin The Original
A genuine American Bistro, at George Martin The Original the emphasis is on prime steaks, chops and seafood. The mood is lively and upbeat with a casual, yet sophisticated atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
George Martin The Original - Best Restaurants in Rockville Centre ›
George Martin The Original reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (89)special occasion (58)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (41)vibrant bar scene (34)romantic (30)great for lunch (26)hot spot (26)notable wine list (20)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (8)Show More
- A Nice FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014George Martin offered a really nice overall dining experience. No issues with the food, its quality and preparation, the service or price. We arrived around 6PM on Saturday evening, the place was cozy. As one cannot fault a restaurant because of its popularity;we left around 8PM, the place was full and a bit noisy-not uncomfortable. Menu includes great salads, burgers and steak sandwiches, pastas a great assortment of fish, chicken and beef entrees. Specials are offered;lengthy and creative. Leave room for desserts; done with a creative flair. It did appear as the staff was well trained; each knew their responsibilities;all understood the needs of the customer was primary on the list. Do give the place a try, you will be happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodFoodieDined on 8/29/2014Always good...never disappointed. Great appetizer and entree selection to fit anyone's tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great After All These Years..OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Went to an early Friday evening dinner with my family. Hostess, waiter, bus boys, servers were all friendly and attentive. Bar is well stocked and they can make any drink you can imagine. Menu selection is varied and has something for everyone. Can't go wrong with the beef dishes here. Appetizers were tasty and well prepared; main dishes were as ordered and delicious. Desserts hit the spot for a meal ending interlude. Hats off to GM, still doing it right.Special Features:
- Not bad.lombardocsDined on 8/23/2014Food was pretty good but way overpriced. Vibrant scene, darker put, and sexy. But I would curb the amount of times I'd go there. You can find much better restaurants for less money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in RVCGeminiDined on 8/22/2014Another great experience at the original. The Saturday night price fixe is a steal. $49.95 for a delicious lobster roll, a very generous portion of delmonico boneless rib eye steak & a perfect sized portion of fresh fruit and sorbet for dessert. Well be back, as we've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- g.martinsalwayseatingDined on 8/20/2014Solid menu, great choices and very varied. Energetic place full of life good service happy atmosphere. The bar scene was great and Ernie the bartender was excellent. Fair price point as well. Also wonderful for lunch with many specials and excellent bvalue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bustling spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We had great food and good service. If you want quit this is not the spot for you!Special Features:
- Friday in FreeportPauleeGVIPDined on 8/15/2014This place is vibrant with good food, a great wine selection and excellent service. A great place to meet friends or somebody special after work...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Everything was wonderful. The staff goes out of their way to make your lunch or dinner a dining experience. There are always so many delicious apps, entrees & desserts. Their martinis are always so creative and amazing.Special Features:
- George Martin, The OriginalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014The popovers are fabulous! We ordered a stuffed pretzel as an appetizer that was delicious. Every dinner at our table was outstanding, from scallops, St. Peters fish, tuna, to a pasta dish with short ribs. They make outstanding martinis. The service is wonderful. We will be coming back again.Special Features:
- Classic choice never disappointedHammer29VIPDined on 8/9/2014We live in RVC and GM is a regular spot for us to dine. On a date, With family or other couples. Food and service is always excellent. If you are looking for cheaper option. Try grill fire or GM burger bar also great options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 28 th anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This was our first time at George Martins. The food was excellent,and our server,Maria, was extremely informative and professional. Her suggestions for your food specials were"spot on". Michael,the manager,was very pleasant . Thank you for our anniversary dessert!!!! We will be back. Great night!!!!Thank you. Nancy TreanorSpecial Features:
- lunchbunchDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful place to eat great food. We have eaten there many times and have always had great food. The wait staff is always attentive, friendly and knowledgeableSpecial Features:
- MavenVIPDined on 7/27/2014George Martin is always a good choice. The food is consistently good and the service is great. It was a great experience and our friends who are foodies liked it a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAJB12VIPDined on 7/25/2014Perfect from the bar to the service to the food. You could not ask for a better all around evening.Special Features:
- Great find!SummersuzDined on 7/25/2014We received a gift certificate and decided to try the restaurant on a Friday night with friends. This was the only time we have been here so I cannot say how it would be for lunch but we had an excellent dinner! Food and service were great. We found a parking spot on the street. Don't know if they have valet as parking can be tricky in that area. Will definitely be going again!Special Features:
- George Martin - Great ExperienceAl101713Dined on 7/24/2014As always, GM, as we call it, offers great food, ample portions, great service and wonderful ambience. We celebrate my wife's birthday with with a great dinner experience. This year she chose GM. We have dined there many times and always leave with a wonderful memory.Special Features:
- ExcellentLuvthisplaceDined on 7/22/2014Having been one of your original patrons, it gives me pleasure to see you grow successfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood delightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014I have been coming to George Martin the Original for many many years. The service is wonderful and the food is delicious....I love this place. always provides fresh tasty food...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay...but I will not recommend itNewkirkDined on 7/19/2014Great ambiance, great service, great cocktails but the food quality suffered. I ordered the marinated skirt steak (medium well). My wife ordered their trio with lump crab cake. We shared a calamari appetizer. The calamari pieces were small and uninteresting though the pesto and marinara sauces were quite interesting. My skirt steak was rare, tough, hard to cut and chew. I sent it back, suggesting that more cooking might improve it, but it came back even tougher and impossible to chew. I was not charged for it. My wife's crab cake was boring and she complained of it not having "any flavor". Our desert, a cheese cake, was however scrumptious. Overall I was disappointed with the meal especially given the high ratings I read.Special Features:
- Delicious food with great serviceJodiDined on 7/13/2014We will be going there very often now. My whole family loved their dinner. Service was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Luv2dineVIPDined on 7/12/2014My family and I were out celebrating a birthday so we decided to go with GM. Excellent service, food and drinks. They couldn't be more accommodating. We will continue coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGeorgeDined on 7/11/2014We enjoyed e meals from the day's special menu. One steak, one seafood and both were outstanding to say the least! Our server Jake was knowledgeable, polite and on the ball. Overall a 5 star dinner!Special Features:
- They Updated!PAAAZDined on 7/9/2014The seafood trio is my new fave and the steak and seafood combinations look tasty. I have to order that next time. Would love to see new drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, as usual!Luv2dineVIPDined on 7/9/2014Food ... Awesome! Service... awesome! Ambiance...awesome! There is something about this place that keeps us coming back again and again and again. It's the excellent menu, terriffic service and vibrant ambiance. No wonder it has been a RVC staple for 20 something years. We look forward to celebrating our next occasion or just a nice night out without the kids at GM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleasedGeminiDined on 7/7/2014Another very enjoyable evening. Thank you for the excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightReservationPleaseDined on 7/5/2014Everyone order something different from fish to steak. All dishes looked great and tasted great. We sat in back room which gave us the ability to talk. Our waitress was wonderful. She was there with anything we needed. Yet she never rushed us to leave. It was a perfect eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodPAAAZDined on 6/30/2014We came in for a quick meal and this is what we got in the most professional way. The service was courteous and the food came out promptly and spot on. I now remember why I steer clear from the franchise restaurants. This place cares and it shows. I ordered the Schnitzel by the way, and it was thin, tender and crispy and the red cabbage and dumpling pasta that accompanied it was SO tasty. On this day we were in a rush, but the waitress reminded us that they had mini desserts too so we found enough time for a mini brownie. Glad we did..it was a homemade brownie with freshly made whipped cream and Haagen Dazs!! Yum. It is obvious to see why THIS place has outlived EVERY other restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eat4funDined on 6/21/2014Great dinner , fantastic service. We always enjoy all G.M. restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasant visitRVCGourmetDined on 6/21/2014We have been coming to this restaurant since before we lived in Rockville Centre. The food is always excellent, the drinks are always generous, and the service is always perfect. There's been very little price creep over the last few years and I cannot imagine ever not having George Martin in our village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!HungryBearVIPDined on 6/19/20142 out of the 3 dishes that we ordered were delicious! The last meal wasn't to my liking so the restaurant took it back free of charge. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townGeminiDined on 6/17/2014We're just completely satisfied every time we go to the "Original". The absolute most consistent food and service we have ever experienced, and we eat out a lot. Looking forward to the new menu our excellent server so enthusiastically told us about. We'll be sure to keep on going back, as we have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerfussyfamilyDined on 6/1/2014The total experience was outstanding. The food & the service were excellent. My Kids & grandkids had never been here and loved it.Special Features:
- Still good after all these yearsBLEVYDined on 5/31/2014Bern going here for a long time. Stope for a while because of the noise and over crowded dining room but now that they opened a second room we are coming again and it's greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentjj427Dined on 5/30/2014This was my second time at George Martin and I was very pleased with the food and the service. Will definitely be one of the restaurants I plan to frequent.Special Features:
- ChristineDined on 5/29/2014I have been here many times and am never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatfineVIPDined on 5/26/2014Can always count on G. Martin...Nice menu(served artfully) delicious bread basket(love the Popovers!) brought hot! They Honor your reservation....& have a nice,efficient wait staff!Special Features:
- tricheDined on 5/26/2014The food was excellent! I had veal as did our guests, and my husband had filet mignon.... cooked perfectly. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu is a bit HEAVY for meKimiVIPDined on 5/24/2014The menu at George Martin has definitely changed more to a heavy prepared meal as opposed to light grill items, fish, chicken, etc. While they were accommodating with our special requests, I don't think we will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceyummyeatsDined on 5/24/2014I haven't eaten here in years and was very pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent and has definitely improved. Service was excellent and we had a very nice evening. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.