George & Martha's
67 Morris Street
Morristown, NJ 07960Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
George & Martha's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://georgeandmarthas.com/
- Phone: 9732674700x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Sun: 11:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michel DeJardins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Public Transit stop walking distance, parking available for entire party
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Saperstein 2012135594x
- Entertainment: Live Music and DJ's Friday & Saturday night.
- Special Events: Bridal and Baby Showers, Corporate Events, Prix Fixe options along with customized menus
A word from George & Martha's
Contemporary American Cuisine, George & Martha's offers an exciting menu, atmosphere and full bar to enjoy any occasion. From a night out with friends, brunch or dinner, George and Martha's will accommodate any occasion for you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
George & Martha's - Best Restaurants in Morristown ›
George & Martha's reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (16)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (10)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (9)romantic (8)special occasion (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good food / ok drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food and service were great. The menu went back to basics which worked in their favor. Shared pork belly app which was amazing and has the skirt steak for dinner. Drinks were OK - asked for a crown royal Manhattan and they ran out of crown, their other whiskey options were limited. The place was very empty for a Saturday night which was surprising. If you haven't been here in a while, I'd recommend giving it one last shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly ServicecarolVIPDined on 9/7/2014Enjoyed brunch with friends at George and Martha's. The service was excellent. The steak and eggs was especially good as was the feta omelet. The French Toast was dry but flavorful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingEatingAboutVIPDined on 8/28/2014The menu looked promising after selecting this restaurant online for a business meeting. The adjacent bar, through which you get access, is noisy, smells of stale beer and very loud; the night I dined it was a band doing poor country covers. The food was fair though the chicken dish was overly salty.Special Features:
- MariaVIPDined on 8/11/2014My friends and I had a great experience at George and Marthas. The food was very good and the service was great.Special Features:
- good food , not so good serviceluv2eatDined on 8/8/2014I have eaten here many times so I felt comfortable suggesting this restaurant to three friends who were joining me for dinner. We did not complain about the very long wait for our food. We were pleasantly surprised when a manager (I think) came over to apologize for the wait and asked what he could do to make up for it. He specifically mentioned drinks; one of my friends asked for a refill of her wine. His implication was that the drink would be complimentary; it was not.Special Features:
- Better than expectedMrsSDined on 7/19/2014I had been to George & Martha's several times for the bar but never for dinner. I wish I hadn't waited so long to eat there - the food was excellent, the service was great, the atmosphere was perfect. My husband and I really enjoyed our date night - and of course, the drinks were great too!Special Features:
- Great lunchDZFOODIEDined on 7/16/2014Great place for lunch. Bartender took our order since we chose to sit in bar area at a table. He was very polite and took very good care of us. Food came out quick and very good. Will come back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good PickTTKBVIPDined on 6/12/2014George and Martha's is a good choice. Dined recently for lunch and our selections were well prepared, tasty, and well served. Will go back when in the Morristown area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kvissy105Dined on 5/29/2014Very nice ambiance, there was also a live band in the other room which was a nice treat. I ordered the pear salad and a tuna tartare appetizer that I combined. Was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 128 reviews are from the George & Martha's reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Told server we had tickets for a show. Got us out in time. Showed the tickets got 10percent off the bill . Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!DonnaKDined on 5/13/2014Was recommended to G&M's by a co-worker. Went to a show at the Mayo Pac, so wanted to go somewhere that was in walking distance and where we could park for the evening! Went with another couple that also had not dined there before! I can't say enough of the atmosphere, the food, the service ~ OVERALL it was a fantastic dining experience and a great start to a fun evening before seeing the show! I would absolutely go again and highly recommend going here! Wanted a nice variety to choose from and I am personally Gluten Free (by choice) and there was a great selection to choose from...sat by the window so we could see the Main Street view...loved the decor and again, the food is delicious and service was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodAngelaVIPDined on 4/20/2014My cousin and I dined here on Easter. We made reservations here because we needed a brunch place in Morristown. This place was serving a special brunch buffet. We both enjoyed it and found the overall experience as pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good. Nothing great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014I met my friend here for dinner before a show on a Saturday night. The place is beautiful - really nice bar and dining room!! Had the buffalo calamari appetizer, the Chilean seabass special with a shrimp risotto, and my friend had the lobster ravioli. The calamari was just ok. Nothing special. We've both had better - no tentacles, just rings. My sea bass was well below average. I was so upset as this is my favorite dish. I can't comment on the lobster ravioli. They did discount the check 10% when we showed them our theatre tickets; making this a nice place to go if you are doing a show and want to have dinner as well. Otherwise, this is an average place. Nothing standout about it. Service was good! Food was average. I left disappointed.Special Features:
- GreatChrissyDined on 4/19/2014The food was excellent. Interesting food and very freshSpecial Features:
- Second time was not the charmNotImpressedDined on 4/11/2014was my second time dining at George and Martha's so I knew they had a lively bar. When I booked the reservation I specifically requested to be as far away from the bar as possible since I didn't think my parents or daughter needed to be too close to the noise. Sadly they put us right next to the open entrance so I asked for a different table and was moved one over, we had to listened the the very loud bass from the bar all dinner long. Service was subpar and food took a very long time to come out, not passed for a nice leisurely meal but so long we thought they lost our ticket and had to ask. My steak I ordered medium well came out charred to a crisp on the outside and blood red on the inside. Horrid experience and don't foresee a return.Special Features:
- First time visitorFirstvisitDined on 4/4/2014Wait service was excellent - all very pleasant and very attentive. Restaurant appeared to be adequately staffed. Food was excellent, appropriate potion size. Nice variety for all. Would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was well prepared, waitCarlosDined on 3/29/2014Food was well prepared, wait staff was knowledgable and friendly,ambience was upbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably GoodKarenDined on 3/27/2014George and Martha's is a place you can rely on for good quality, fresh food served with a creative flair in a quiet setting among professionals. Choose from comfort foods to gourmet cuisine with moderately priced wines and great service. Highly recommended as a first choice or a fall back position.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice bar but eat someplace elseFreddyTDined on 3/24/2014Always like the bar. Food not really good and after the build up about the chef very disappointing. And for the pri e definetly not worth it. I had the cod on the menu and he fish smelled and tasted like amonia which means fish going bad. How can the cook do that - clearly more interested and using everything up no matter what. Also the rissoto soupy and starchySpecial Features:
- Great dinner!MarieJDined on 3/22/2014We went to George & Martha's to celebrate our 28th anniversary. So happy we did! Our server Kaylin (sp?) was welcoming and very accommodating. She was able to make suggestions and above all made us feel special. When my husband mentioned he was a history buff and joked about taking that big picture of Washington crossing the Delaware with him, she went out of her way (busy restaurant) to insure that she would have a photo of George sent to him. Dinner was delicious and lots of great options. Two specials in particular - the cucumber salad was delicious and something you would think only to get in the summer, plus my husbands Mahi Mahi which he requested blackened and came out perfect! And the peanut butter & jelly cheesecake for dessert!Special Features:
- A twist on traditionBrettVIPDined on 3/22/2014As the name suggests, this American Grille is doing classical foods with a twist as week as a few innovative things. Locally sourced and sustainable ingredients are definitely a plus. The turkey sliders for lunch were like a family holiday meal on three mini buns. Deliciously savory, sweet, tangy, and very satisfying. Our waiter, Michael, was very friendly, professional, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014We went to George and Martha's for girls night dinner. The service was terrible and the food was just as bad. The food took forever to arrive, and the waiter never once came by to apologize for the wait or to ask if we wanted drink refills. The food when it did arrive felt like it was left overs or the bottom of the pot. My chicken noodle soup had no noodles, only chicken and broth. Our salads were missing key ingredients. It was a very disappointing experience overall.
- Very slowWOHM3xNJVIPDined on 3/14/2014The food at George & Martha's is decent, but not worth going back for. We hadn't eaten there in a few years and time must have dimmed the memories of how slow the kitchen is. It took 40 minutes for the appetizers to come out and another 30 at least for entrees. When the entrees did arrive, the waitress forgot one of them until reminded another five minutes later. During most of our wait we saw no food coming out of the kitchen and we only got bread even after asking. Management blamed a new computer system but their excuses didn't jive with the experience. Will not return.
- Very goodScooterDined on 3/4/2014Food was very good especially the Chicken Under a Brick - very tender and juicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the dinnerlovetoeatDined on 2/28/2014I was here with my husband and another couple. I had a steak special which was good. They seated us right away as we had a reservation.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedAAAAVIPDined on 2/22/2014Looking for a place to eat after a movie and OpenTable showed a reservation slot. Food was surprisingly good. Restaurant was a bit noisy, but not enough that it was a problem. Only complain was that the service was a bit inattentive. Probably just got a waitress that was overload or just not on her game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was awfulLbl28Dined on 2/22/2014We met friends for dinner and squeezed into an extremely tight booth, non of us are overweight. The noise level made conversation difficult but it was a Saturday night so we could let that go. Our waiter apologized about everything from forgetting water, a request for oil for the bread. The piece de resistance came at the end when our bill which we split came back with only our friends credit card. The staff kept making excuses and finally after about 15 min. The card was returned. We were so angry and upset about the possibility if credit card theft that we left in a huff and with no tip. Simply awful experience and we won't be going back even though the food was excellent.Special Features:
- OK by mePhilipDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I wanted to try a new restraurant in town and gave GM a try. I wasn't sure what to expect since the review varied so much. Our experience was overall good and worth another try next time I'm in town.Special Features:
- Valentine's DayJohnbDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went here for Valentine's Day. The food and service were excellent. Everything was cooked perfectly and the waitress was very nice and attentive. The wine list was not very extensive, but I would a nice Jordan cab. Overall, this is a good place to have dinner and have a drink at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but wanted more...RobInMadisonNJVIPDined on 2/9/2014Had been wanting to try this for a while and maybe came with too high expectations. Food was good, not great and it can get very loud here too. The short ribs were OK, but not flavor strength was lacking. The chicken was a bit dry and not very hot. All in all, a bit disappointing.Special Features:
- Four friends met Super Bowl NightSnowLadyDined on 2/2/2014Four of us came from different points on Super Bowl Sunday night,. There was no problem parking. The TVs had the game on and the restaurant was not busy. The entire evening was deligthyful Our server was intelligent and helpful.and the room was enjoyable. I had swordfish, pesto and risotto which was excellent. The crab cake was outstanding. I cannot wait to go back and order the crab cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerGuyOnADateDined on 1/31/2014I experienced marvelous service and my date and I were extremely impressed with the booth and food! 10/10 will come again soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a try.michaelVIPDined on 1/31/2014Food quality and portions were very good. I would try it again if I'm in the area again. If you're in your mid to late 20's and 30's the bar scene is with checking out. Lots of people hanging about the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visitHappyDinerDined on 1/27/2014I met a couple of friends for dinner after work. We all wound up in the bar and chose to eat there instead. The service was good and the wine by the glass selection interesting enough and well priced. We all wound up getting burgers and they were FANTASTIC. The waffle fries come with and we ordered onion rings which were the best I had ever eaten. I never order onion rings anymore after years of disappointment. I would even come to G&Ms for a beer and the onion rings! I great place to relax with good food at reasonable prices. or you can go more high end for a full dinner but still well priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great choice in MorristownOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2014We've been here before and we'll come back again. The waitress was a real sweetheart-wish I could remember her name. Service excellent. My wife's pepper crusted tuna was cooked perfectly and was nothing short of amazing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good but pricey.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2014Food was very good but pricey. Portions were small too. Very nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Best of BothArnellDined on 1/24/2014This was the best of both worlds in evening socializing. A great bar scene and an intimate dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Service ~ Food OkayMomofboysDined on 1/24/2014We liked the menu online and we were going to a show, so thought it would be a nice dinner out. The service was great and the staff very friendly. But, the food was nothing special. If I wanted to go to a place to hang at the bar with some friends, I might go back. But for dinner, probably not. Just not enough flavor in the fish and too much fat in the steak for our tastebuds....Special Features:
- Not badfoodfrenzy5Dined on 1/18/2014The Server Was Nice And The Food good...But the service was really slow. Took over an hour to get our food and a long time for drink refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great last minute findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014found ourselves in Morristown after not being there for awhile, and stopped in for dinner….it was absolutely perfect….cheddar beer sauce for dipping bread…YUMI would recommend this to a friend.