El Paso, TX 79902Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.g2geogeske.com/
- Phone: 9155444242
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering can be discussed with GM Ramiro Gomez.
- Private Party Facilities: Our dining room accommodates up to 70 people. Again reservations to be discussed with Ramiro Gomez
- Private Party Contact: Ramiro Gomez 9158923572
A word from Geogeske
Geogeske is a locally owned casual American restaurant. It is located in the Kern Area of El Paso and a staple in the Cincinnati Entertainment District. Geogeske is a lively modern restaurant which turns into a vibrant bar at night. Due to its proximity to the University of Texas at El Paso campus it is always buzzing with clientele from all ages.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Geogeske - Best Restaurants in El Paso ›
Geogeske reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Vibrant, noisy and good foodtraveled2Dined on 9/26/2014A great find for El Paso Texas. WE had the salmon and scallops and they were excellent. Not recommended for a romantic evening but for a start of a night of adventure it is a good place to start. Parking will always be an issue in this park of El Paso so be prepared to allow time for this issue. The service was excellent and overall a pleasant evening and find.Special Features:
- Favorite Restaurant in El Paso!rockymtnbelleDined on 9/18/2014After traveling for 9 hours from Colorado, I was starved and wanted nothing more than a drink and good food. I find Geogeske through my hotel's list of suggestions and was in love the minute I walked in. Their drink menu is outstanding, and the martini I had was the perfect end to my long day. The seafood enchiladas were delicious and was so much food I couldn't even finish it all! This is my new favorite restaurant that I will be sure to visit whenever I am in El Paso, and I just wish I could go at home, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014What an amazing El Paso find. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch and really liked the eclectic menu selections. From the moment we entered and was greeted warmly by our wonderful and incredible waiter, Frank, everything about our experience was outstanding. The grilled cheese sandwich is to die for and the BBQ chicken amazing. You need to definitely enjoy this gem.Special Features:
- 51 YearsCarolKDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated our 51st. Anniversary with our daughter at this one of our favorite places here in El Paso. Had something new..fish tacos and seafood enchiladas. Delicious. And our sweet waitress split it all 3 ways. Nice.Special Features:
- Eat localDelNorteDined on 7/11/2014Reliable,fun scene. Best wedge in town, pork chop ehh.Special Features:
- The following 32 reviews are from the Geogeske reviews archive.
- Ceasar SaladsnowwhiteDined on 6/21/2014In the past my daughter has ordered this salad but on this one occasion, it was the chicken was rather tasteless...it tasted like "chicken," as opposed to having any flavor (like it usually does).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodhawkdriverDined on 6/20/2014Ordered food what other reviewers suggested and was pleased. Margarita fries and the Mac and cheese was great! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent menuCharlesVIPDined on 6/18/2014I really enjoy this place and the food is always deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love it here!BrittDined on 6/6/2014Everytime I go I have excellent service and the food never disappoints! Great for a date night or even just for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Young crowdAlinkaVIPDined on 4/24/2014The food was good, the salads were fresh the drinks well made. It was a Thursday night. The place was super noisy. I felt I was in a concert. Great place for a bar experience and a buzz. Not the kind of place to hold a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceBoxerDined on 4/5/2014The food may be great, but the service really takes away from the experience. I'm not sure if they are understaffed or just unatentive. Some May like this , but I found the restaurant so loud I was unable to have a conversation.
- We're here....again!CarolKDined on 3/20/2014Well. everything up to par and beyond on pur lunch time visit to G2. chicken sandwiches with green chilies...yummy. salad with coconut shrimp also good as well as the tortilla soup. keep up the good work. Oh...hubby had, as a side, some grilled carrots,that he inhaled! Guess,they were good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!mmhughesVIPDined on 3/12/2014I stay away from chain restaurants, especially when I travel. Finally decided to try G2 and was not disappointed. Wish I would have tried It sooner as I'm not sure when I'll be back in El Paso. Had dinner with a co-worker and then met up with a frind for drinks. Perfect place to eat and then hang out, no need to go anywhere else.Special Features:
- celebrating 40 years!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014Had a great time, food was delicious, service was great! We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaycationRavenhair1usDined on 2/15/2014My husband won a raffle which included a gift card for Geogeske. I was aware of the restaurant but never had a chance to try it. The noise level was moderate because we arrived on the night of a UTEP basketball game, before the game started. We ordered chips and guacamole for a starter. The guacamole was fresh and tasty. My husband ordered a chicken sandwich and I had the scallops. His sandwich was huge and juicy. My scallops were seasoned beautifully and perfectly done. This was a wonderful dinner. Tip: spend the money for valet parking. Parking space is at a premium of the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun dinner loopy serverdrpepperDined on 12/20/2013Our server seemed spread thin and was a hot mess...it was highly unfortunate. Service was slow and mediocre at best. Try the east side location is 100 times better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencehungryDined on 11/23/2013Great place to have dinner or lunch. The service and staff were great. The food was incredible as well.Special Features:
- YummySnoopyDined on 11/2/2013Everything from the appetizer to the desert was great tasting. Best scallops ever! House salad was tops! We keep coming back year after year for celebrations...birthday, new job, and so on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday, October 12.KKENDined on 10/12/2013We had the best waiter I think we have ever had. He was excellent and knew just how to handle our four-year old grandson. The food was great, but the waiter made the evening remarkable. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food & serviceMediocreDined on 9/26/2013Dinner was ok, the salads where excellent but unfortunately the mac & cheeses was burned, the ceviche appetizer tasted like it came form a can and the waiter was very friendly but would take to long to come back and check on drinks, at several times several people in our party had empty glasses and we had to flag down the waiterSpecial Features:
- Everything was very good overallEdgarDined on 9/13/2013Everything was very good overall just one thing, in the resevervation I stated I wanted a red rose in the table and it wasnt there. I was very upset because it was a special occasion for my girfriend and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyLovelyTXDined on 8/28/2013Tasty and reliable. One of our favorite places in El Paso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousCarolKDined on 8/23/2013As usual, this restaurant never fails to please. We enjoyed our 50th. wedding anniversary lunch with friends. Testimony to the freshness of the food..the green chilies had a real kick to them! Loved our apple pie dessert that was big enough to share with. huge crowd!Special Features:
- Great for quick lunchesjjmelpDined on 8/22/2013Always a personal favorite, whether for a quick lunch with a date or group. Consider them for intimate dinners too, where you can start things off at their hopping bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itLovelyTXDined on 7/31/2013We love G2. We go there regularly. We made a reservation simply because it was a popular night and there were going to be 6 of us for dinner. Thanks to opentable, we made the reservation 20 minutes before arriving. When we walked in, they were setting up our table. Our server was slammed so things ran a little slow (hence the 4 stars) but everything was exactly how we ordered it. Will go back without question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacePatrickDined on 5/6/2013We had a group of people from work. We had an outstanding time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great and the environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Food was great and the environment was great as well. Waiter took awhile to serves us tho. But will be going back and do recommend people to go enjoy the food here.Special Features:
- Attentive service for a drinkshortevey11Dined on 4/15/2013Attentive service for a drink ordering group of 6!Special Features:
- Nice place - been there severalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013Nice place - been there several times!!A bit dark (lighting) but people are friendly and the cooks can"BURN" - thats a good thing :)
- Good atmosphere. Service wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013Good atmosphere. Service wasn't that great. Took about 15 mins to get a refill let alone anything else. Food was good. They overcooked my streak but offered to cook another or comp it so that was great.Special Features:
- Excellent service with a knowledgeaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013Excellent service with a knowledgeable and friendly server. The food is always perfection with flavors and techniques a step above most restaurants in El Paso.Special Features:
- This establishment needsMarkVIPDined on 3/1/2013This establishment needs to have enough staff to serve its patrons. Our poor waitress was stretched to the max and as a result wasn't around as often as we would have liked. Also around 915 the lights went down so low we could barely see our food. G2 needs to decide whether it's a restaurant or a bar. It is not doing a very good job of trying to be both. I will say that I gave been for drinks and the bar is quite fun. Its just too much for that first row of tables.Special Features:
- Had High HopesshoeguruDined on 12/11/2012The food was overly seasoned to the point that you didnt really taste anything you just felt heat. The appetizer was ok, the salads were good, but the entree left the evening short. I think i had about 5 bites of the meal if that. The waiter didnt seem to notice, but otherwise gave very good service. The noise was almost unbearable. you couldnt even carry on a conversation across the table. The menu looked amazing unfortuantly it fell short on actual flavor. It may have just been a bad night but I doubt I will give them another chance with so many other options in the same area.Special Features:
- My track record with G2 continues.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012My track record with G2 continues. Fine food, Scallops were excellent. Deserts were obscenely huge! Service was high quality and timed well. We never felt rushed.Special Features:
- There are absolutely no complaintsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012There are absolutely no complaints about the food or service; both are very good. However, the key drawback of the restaurant is its lighting. No patron should have to bring a flashlight to read the menu. I know a few standby items and stick to them, but should I wish to probe... forget it! Since Geogeske's is so close to UTEP, perhaps it should undergo a name change to "Geogeske's Mining Shaft" to suit the ambiance of the place better. The flooring is a little industrial and parking is a nuisance, but it is not a place I'd become a regular to simply because of the lighting situation, which is quiet annoying.Special Features:
- Seafood enchiladas was OK,mnakashiVIPDined on 2/16/2012Seafood enchiladas was OK, but seafood was a good term to describe the filling rather than the menu description of what it was composed. Green chili rice as a side was very good. My guest fared better with a seared scallops with garlic and spinach sauce and sauteed mixed vegetables.
- The most mouthwatering steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012The most mouthwatering steak I ever ate!!!Fresh green salad with chopped up cashews, a dream!Awesome atmosphere. Very good for special occasions like anniversaries.Special Features: