27400 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.geoffreysmalibu.com/
- Phone: 3104571519
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday, 10:00am - 3:30pm.
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30am - 3:30pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday - 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Open every day of the year!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, International
- Executive Chef: Bijan Shokatfard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer set-menu party events for groups of 15 or more. Restaurant buy-out is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Richardson 3104571519
- Entertainment: Entertainment can be arranged for private events.
- Special Events: We have lovely areas available for many events. We have prix fixe menus for parties of 15 or more listed on our website in our special events section. Also, if your party is less then 15 people and would like a prix fixe, please contact our special events coordinator to set it up.
A word from Geoffrey's Restaurant
Magnificent views of the Pacific coastline complimented by waterfalls and tropical plants create a romantic Mediterranean meets Malibu atmosphere. Guests can enjoy a relaxing weekday lunch and weekend brunch or candlelit dinner with surrounding fire pits. Our international Californian cuisine can be enjoyed while spectacular dolphins and whales showcase their water displays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Geoffrey's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Geoffrey's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
351 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (298)great for outdoor dining (296)romantic (238)special occasion (238)great for brunch (167)great for lunch (131)fit for foodies (102)neighborhood gem (67)good for groups (60)hot spot (53)notable wine list (45)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- Delicious Food/Unparalleled ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Even though we didn't have the best seat in the house, the view was still unparalleled and the brunch menu held really delicious choices. It was quite a hike from the Westside, but it was a beautiful day for a drive and the destination to me was worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but, not great!DatenightparentsVIPDined on 8/30/2014Service was top notch, very attentive. Food: Appetizers Shrimp with plum sauce and Tuna Tartar - good! Our dinners: filet, scallops, paella, Chilean Sea Bass. All very good but NOT spectacular. Desserts were good as well. I might be back for the setting and view but the good definetly will not be the reason. It is not bad but I have had better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014the parking situation is terrible the valet's can not drive. the food was okay but not fantastic and prices are a little too high.Special Features:
- Wonderful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014Not many other restaurants in the world have a nice a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantLKdiningVIPDined on 8/24/2014The experience here was fantastic. The views of the sun and the ocean make up for the somewhat expensive menu. But, what can you expect at such a fine establishment. I hope that we can find the chance to dine here again on our next visit to the west cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Azur Cliffside ViewsLoveToDineVIPDined on 8/24/2014Breathtaking views are enhanced only by the amazing lobster risotto with scallops complemented with espresso martinis and a most decadent caramel apple tart. A wonderful treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch locationSteveDined on 8/24/2014The ocean view is fantastic but this time, we did not get seating with a view. previous visit, the restaurant was able to accommodate us. Still a restaurant with a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I went to Geoffrey's for our anniversary last weekend and it was perfect. The food and drinks were perfect, the staff did a great job, and the view was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot but poor welcomealexfranceDined on 8/23/2014Went there this weekend. The view and the food are great! BUT the staff is not very welcoming. Would not come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014They have a great ocean view from outdoor terrace tables. Good for Brunch!Special Features:
- Great lunchpakyDined on 8/22/2014The same good food, view, and service for many yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceluv2eatDined on 8/20/2014View, service, food was terrific!! No complaints at all. The service there made my first experience at geoffrey's inviting n comfortable n just a overall great experience! !..I wish I could remember the older spanish gentleman who served us because without servers like him it wouldn't have been a great experience! !..n food is great, I highly recommend this place not to upscale or snooty to be intimidated but very friendly environment! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always incredible...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/19/2014We try to plan dinner here anytime we are near Los Angeles. It was so good we cancelled plans elsewhere our last day in town and went back. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great setting, ok foodlaladyDined on 8/19/2014Gorgeous views, comfortable setting, friendly staff. The food was good, but not amazing across the board as I had expected/hoped, especially considering the prices. I ordered a salad that was supposed to have roasted vegetables in it, but they were diced so small and there were so few I thought the kitchen forgot to put them in the salad. I could hardly find them! So $13 for lettuce and a little quinoa in dressing was not exactly impressive. Luckily, the baked brie was delicious. I'd go back for the ambiance, for sure, but temper my expectations on the food.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The drive to Malibu down PCH on a sunny day is just horrendous! It will take you an hour to go 14 miles! That said, once you arrive at Geoffrey's you realize the drive was worth every minute! Even though we were 35 minutes late for our reservation, the host was still able to give us a table for 2 right on the railing. The stunning ocean views are justification enough to eat here, but the cocktails and food are just as amazing. The tuna tartar was fresh and flavorful, and the scallops with lobster risotto pretty much gave me a foodgasm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grittyshakerVIPDined on 8/17/2014Food was top-notch here as always...but not sure what happened with service, which was awful. After getting my entree, no one asked if I wanted pepper (I did), I never received the second roll I requested and the waiter never asked if everything came out fine. I enjoy eating here, so this was pretty troubling...Special Features:
- Great spot for lunchKevinDined on 8/17/2014First time in Malibu and went to Geoffrey's based on Yelp reviews. What a great choice!! View was amazing, service was great and food was delicious. Will definitely be heading back there when I'm in Malibu again!Special Features:
- TerrificBroadwayBobDined on 8/17/2014Met our expectations in every way. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Epic views and good foodRobertoDined on 8/17/2014One of our favorite places to enjoy beautiful Southern California weather and epic views of the Pacific Ocean. Food is consistently good and the friendly staff all around makes it an enjoyable special occasion outing. Our favorites for brunch are the spicy bloody mary's, lobster quiche and the crab benedicts, though they have a varied menu to fit most tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meal with a viewlovetheviewDined on 8/15/2014Spectacular view of the coast. Comfortable seating. Robust wine list. Very romantic setting. Fast and friendly service. Convenient parking and easy to find. Variety of gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUSChrisVIPDined on 8/13/2014Had a great time again at Geoffreys - Took my BFF for Birthday lunch - requested an received outside table, in the shade with ocean view. Service was excellent, food was fabulous and beginning with parking attendant, entry hostess, and service everyone was on it!!!Special Features:
- Geoffrey's Rules!VetyExyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great ocean view, not rushed during a very leisurely lunch! Puff Pastry appetizer was the best...and Creme brûlée awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must-visit place...!TravelingEmmDined on 8/10/2014Great place to have the perfect view of the ocean and some outstanding wine and food to go with... You cannot actually the sun setting over the ocean...but we went on a full-moon night, and to see the moon rising over the ocean was an absolute treat... :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!PorschegirlDined on 8/9/2014We had the most attentive server, at the time her name slips my memory. She was more than accommodating. She was patient and had Haley (sp?) the bartender make the exact vodka martini I love (cucumber, jalapeño, Stolle, St Germain) - up! It was perfect as was my BFF's appletini. It was fun, the food was great, and we ate too much! Really happy to have this place in our neighborhood.Special Features:
- Worth the long drive!MontroseGalDined on 8/9/2014I drove 45 miles to meet a friend for brunch but it's all worth my drive. Everything we ordered was good- appetizer, drinks, main course and dessert. I think all tables have a spectacular view of the ocean. I'm definitely coming back with my husband.Special Features:
- Do not go for dolphinsAmyhhpDined on 8/9/2014The dolphin siting attraction is a scam. Once we were at our table we were told that it rarely happens---over priced food--view is ok but not right in water as stated---homes in front and belowSpecial Features:
- lovelytexas2caliDined on 8/8/2014Geoffrey's service was attentive, food was exquisite, ambiance on point, .... overall, totally worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced dinnerSchmetterlingDined on 8/8/2014The Hostess was totally unprofessional, the wait for our table was atrocious. Even with reservation we had to wait for over 1.5 hour to be seated. The quality & presentation of the food was mediocre and way overpriced. Best was the ambiance and the service.Special Features:
- Wow!JosephVIPDined on 8/7/2014It had been about 20 years since we had visited Geoffrey's...much too long! The Pacific view was spectacular, service lively and the food beyond belief! We will return much sooner this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014Had a wonderful celebration of a friend's birthday. Service was excellent. Food was good and they gave us a dessert on the house for the birthday girl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Group With Kids Very AnnoyingHowardDined on 8/5/2014We planned a romantic sunset dinner for our anniversary. The restaurant knew that, but the host seated us next to a table of 12 with 6 kids. They seemed quiet at first, but soon were running and jumping in the spaces between tables. Neither the parents (non-English-speaking) or restaurant management did anything. Ruined the occasion. Won't go back for a long time.
- Geoffrey's Decline2ExperiencedLADinersDined on 8/5/2014Just isn't the same place. Food was actually bad. Service was attentive and respectful , but inexperienced. Waiter actually challenged us when he got our order wrong, saying we made the error (ordered the filet, not the NY steak). Overcooked, oversalted food. When the waiter brought a second glass of wine, he attempted to pour the few drops left in the first glass into the new full glass (I guess to give us our money's worth). We yelped "no" and stopped him (almost funny). Just sad, as Geoffrey's has many emotional ties for us.Special Features:
- Great viewOuttodinnerDined on 8/2/2014Geoffrey's always provides what in my opinion is the most gorgeous view in the coast.Special Features:
- A Memorable ExperienceHerbDined on 8/2/2014We had a very pleasurable evening at Geoffrey's. The view was beautiful and included an unexpected rainbow. The service was top-notch. The food was delicious. And the ambiance was perfect. What more could anyone want?Special Features:
- REQUEST RAILSIDE SEATINGOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014We requested outdoor seating - all of the seating IS outdoors, but not railside on the Pacific. I had made the reservation for 6:30 PM (early) thinking that we would be assured priority seating. We were seated beneath the outdoor overhang (indoors, essentially) and finished our meal in under an hour. Lovely server, but food felt rushed and no effort was made to accomodate the two of us for priority seating. Very pricey.Special Features:
- Amazing viewsLSConcoitVIPDined on 8/2/2014It is a neighborhood gem. I love going to this place, I drive from Carlsbad to go here, the view is amazing! The only downside this time was the fish, Chilean seabass was not all that tasty, very bland, usually it is much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Reviewsummer26Dined on 8/2/2014Our food was cold and I had to remind the server several times about my requests.Special Features:
- A very good mealjkugelmassDined on 8/1/2014The rib eye steak with potatoes was excellent as was the paella. Cocktails and wines by the glass quite good. Desert, alas, was mediocre so stick with the house specialty of creme brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!GreenwichPatDined on 7/31/2014Everything about Geoffrey's is terrific! From the valet when you arrive, to the food, staff and food. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come back.AiAi13VIPDined on 7/30/2014Great food, awesome view! Highly recommended! Try it, you'll love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.