27400 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.geoffreysmalibu.com/
- Phone: 3104571519
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday, 10:00am - 3:30pm.
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30am - 3:30pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday - 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Open every day of the year!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, International
- Executive Chef: Bijan Shokatfard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer set-menu party events for groups of 15 or more. Restaurant buy-out is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Richardson 3104571519
- Entertainment: Entertainment can be arranged for private events.
- Special Events: We have lovely areas available for many events. We have prix fixe menus for parties of 15 or more listed on our website in our special events section. Also, if your party is less then 15 people and would like a prix fixe, please contact our special events coordinator to set it up.
A word from Geoffrey's Restaurant
Magnificent views of the Pacific coastline complimented by waterfalls and tropical plants create a romantic Mediterranean meets Malibu atmosphere. Guests can enjoy a relaxing weekday lunch and weekend brunch or candlelit dinner with surrounding fire pits. Our international Californian cuisine can be enjoyed while spectacular dolphins and whales showcase their water displays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Geoffrey's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Geoffrey's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
327 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (278)great for outdoor dining (276)special occasion (213)romantic (209)great for brunch (143)great for lunch (117)fit for foodies (102)neighborhood gem (68)hot spot (55)good for groups (54)notable wine list (39)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)Show More
- Outstanding !!ChYMVIPDined on 10/27/2014Love this restaurant. Our second trip to Malibu and second trip to Geoffrey's. We will go back there again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in all but the view.TweezilDined on 10/26/2014We have dined at Geoffrey's several times although not in the past few years. We met friends from North Carolina there this past Sunday for brunch and were unpleasantly surprised by how much the food had gone downhill. We had wonderful meals at Geoffrey's before. This time it was uniformly awful. My tuna tartare was very ordinary. The same dish is more creatively prepared and has more flavor at Cheesecake Factory! The watery corn chowder is better out of a box purchased at Trader Joe's. My husband's paella was a soupy mess with no clams, no lobster as described but a ton of mussels and one lonely shrimp. Our guests cervice was questionable. The view remained lovely. Have a picnic on the beach instead and save a boatload of cash!Special Features:
- Great restaurant for Malibu viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014I've enjoyed brunch a few times and I'm never disappointed. Wonderful views and the food is great. Highly suggest brunch / lunch so that you can take in the views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view, wonderful ambiance!WalkToDineDined on 10/25/2014At first I was concerned that all seating was outside because my older parents are uncomfortable if it's cold. But I asked to have the heater next to our table turned on right away, and it was. As it turned out, outside dining was less noisy, another plus for my parents. The sunset over the Santa Monica Bay was beautiful. And the food was delicious. Thankfully, there was a vegetarian entree. Valet parking was convenient. It might be easier to find the restaurant on busy PCH, if the web site included a note that the restaurant is below street level.Special Features:
- myluxuryfamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Lovely views, nice food. Waiters a bit rushed and not so friendly. No kids menu.Special Features:
- Great placemalibududeDined on 10/24/2014Perfect atmosphere, the lobster was amazing! I would recommend to anyone! Right before sunset makes a beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewDeniseVIPDined on 10/24/2014The view and the friendly staff is worth the drive to Malibu!Special Features:
- TrueBritVIPDined on 10/24/2014ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!! FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS OR A CASUAL SUNDAY!!Special Features:
- Not rushing back :(CAM5VIPDined on 10/23/2014There was a particular salad that I wanted. I actually called before hand to verify that they had it on the menu. When I called the hostess stated to check the menu on line. I had already and it was there, so I asked her to verify that the menu on line was current and correct on their website. She said yes. And you guessed it, it was not. VERY disappointed because that was all I wanted. :( So ordered another salad that was very average and then though I would treat myself to dessert since I didn't get the salad I wanted and order some warm apple tart thing with vanilla ice cream. The ice cream was good but the tart thing not so much. Very disappointed!! Buy the view makes even a bad meal better.
- A glory on the coastLazyJDined on 10/21/2014Simply one of the finest restaurants in California.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyVIPDined on 10/20/2014Setting and views of ocean are wonderful. Lunch was disappointing. Mediocre salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- view was spectacularElleDined on 10/19/2014we went to meet up with old friends. I thoughtit was good just very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always lovely!BrazilBabeVIPDined on 10/19/2014We always enjoy Geoffreys! Such a great location and view, but always great food and drinks!Special Features:
- The service was wonderful and foodfivestarDined on 10/17/2014excellent. This is my second time at Geoffrey's and my wife and I plan on returningSpecial Features:
- Romantic viewMaggieMezaDined on 10/12/2014I love this restaurant location little far from city, very quiet and calm, feels relaxing to be there. The foods are very tasty and gourmet. It is good for dating or girls night out... it's very romantic.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner Part 2AnniversaryDined on 10/12/2014Went on the recommendation of a relative and we were not disappointed. We spent the weekend in Santa Monica and needed a nice dinner for our 2nd night and Geoffrey's was perfect. Seated on the patio overlooking the ocean was a great setting for part 2 of our anniversary dinner weekend. Service was fabulous. Food was great. I ordered the seafood paella and my wife ordered the swordfish. Both were very good.Special Features:
- Classy place for a Lovely BrunchMValerie8VIPDined on 10/12/2014We had a wonderful brunch here. This a great place to get a tasty meal and enjoy the scenic ocean view in Malibu. We were seated outside where there were plenty of umbrellas to block out the direct intense California sun. The service was friendly and our food was delicious. This is the only place that I've ever seen that serves their eggs benedict on a croissant! The french toast is also delicious. One other thing that I really liked was that they added your $7 valet charge to your bill, which is great when you don't always have cash.Special Features:
- Attention to detail & strong menucascadesengineerDined on 10/11/2014Geoffreys has a terrific Mailbu view location, but their best strength is the wonderful professional but warm service and consistently excellent if not astounding food. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner ExperienceLuvMalibudinningDined on 10/11/2014Would highly recommen. Dinner rolls are delicious.Special Features:
- Good food, okay service.ARL2014VIPDined on 10/11/2014First impression came from the valet service, which took us 15 minutes. All of the valet employees were bickering with each other across the parking lot. Once seated it took awhile to get anyone to show up and take drink orders. When it was time to order I wanted my salmon well done and the waiter laughed at me and just said 'we'll okay, if that's really what you want...' Also, the $63 steak came with French fries, which I thought was odd. Overall too snooty of a place for us, but views and food were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCbusfoodie1Dined on 10/11/2014Have been there for Brunch twice. Friendly staff, beautiful restaurant, and priceless views. And the food is fantastic. Definitely worth the tripSpecial Features:
- Lovely ViewLsaisDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant had a lovely ocean view, the perfect breeze, and calming music and waterfall. The food was excellent and the waitstaff was definitely on top of things. I had the Herb Crusted Salmon it was cooked to perfection with a crisp outside, a yummy sauce, mashed potatoes, and crisp broccolini, my friend had the Seafood Paella which was also fantastic (I had a couple bites). I would definitely recommend this place to others.Special Features:
- DisappointingKimberlyDined on 10/6/2014I made a reservation for our19th Wedding Anniversary and specifically requested a patio table for our special occasion. We drove over 1 1/2 in traffic only to be seated at a table with no view, barely on the edge of the patio. Other patrons arrived with NO RESERSERVATIONS after us, waited in the bar for 5 minutes & got front row seats? Made a request to hostess to move & was told "No" & not very nicely! Chicken Piccata was mediocre with "cold" mashed potatoes. Service was nothing special for a $100 lunch. (I have dined here in the past and enjoyed it . . . Not sure what happened . . . But, will not recommend or return anytime soon!). Not how I had planned to spend this special occasion!Special Features:
- FoodlesschuckuDined on 9/28/2014The staff was great. The location for the view is spectacular. My husband and two friends went for the first time Sunday September 28th. We all ordered the salmon and agreed that it was overdone. The fingerling potatoes were just okay. The apple cobbler ala mode came with a hot plate [!?] and the ice cream was already soup on the plate. Sorry to the baker but it was awful. The crust was chewy not crisp [maybe it was microwaved?] The flavor was awful and inside the mushy apples were like lumpy baby food. Take it off the menu. The price is much too high for the quality of food. We may try again next summer just for the view but we will send our food back to the kitchen if it's the same.Special Features:
- Amazing find in MalibuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014You can't beat the atmosphere and the views, as the setting feels much like a private villa. Seasoned service with a flair for international hospitality. Quality of the food was excellent, and certainly worth the extra margin given the location!Special Features:
- incredibly disappointedOttODined on 9/27/2014I have dined at Geoffrey's many times over the years. It is just down the street from my house. Last Saturday, I took an out of town business associate to dinner there and could not have been more disappointed. The valet was backed up, 15 mins to park. The server was terrible. No one for 10 mins after we were seated, and then my friend had to take a call and instead of coming back or speaking with me, he kept attempting to speak with my friend on the phone. The food was hotel room service quality at best. Lobster Sliders to start - they were simply lobster meat on kings Hawaiian rolls - none of the promised seasoning or sauce by the server were present. Then 68 for an over salted average steak with presentation worthy of a diner...Special Features:
- Nice viewAlamainDined on 9/27/2014Geoffrey's is nice for a lazy Sunday brunch. Unfortunately for us, a close neighbour was having their cars cleaned and so the sound of the blower/vacuum drowned much of the ocean noise. Not Geoffrey's fault but something to keep in mind. Food was good.Special Features:
- Gorgeous view, delicious food!pioneerplDined on 9/26/2014Geoffrey's never fails to impress with its 180 degree ocean view and pretty garden. The service and the food are consistently excellent also. We eat there fairly often, and my favorites are the golden beet salad with goat cheese and candied walnuts and the seared sea scallops served on lobster risotto. The vegetable panini is also very good and can be shared with a friend leaving room for the creme brulee/chocolate mousse combination for dessert. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014It was an amazing experience from the scenic view to the service and food I give this place a 10 hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, but food was just okRickyPorkchopsDined on 9/22/2014Saw Geoffrey's mentioned on TV and thought it would make a great place for dinner with my wife. The drive up the coast as well as views from the restaurant were terrific. The wait staff was very nice. However, the salmon was overcooked - inspite of us asking specifically to NOT overcook it. When we complained about it the waiter was apologetic and offered to replace it with something different. We ordered a steak cooked medium but it also was over cooked and dry.Special Features:
- Oh... The beautiful viewjmjrVIPDined on 9/22/2014Had a late, late lunch and we were the only people at the restaurant. Food was great and the restaurant was ours! A perfect CA view.Special Features:
- Great PlaceNartistmanDined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed everything about the evening. Great service started with the valets. Great attitudes and very helpful. The hostess, bartenders, wait staff all provided excellent service. The manager was very friendly and helpful. The food was great. The presentation artful. Speaking of art be sure to check out the art in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Malibu dining spotCandSDined on 9/21/2014We have been visiting this restaurant for many years and the dining experience has been consistently good. We both had the halibut this time which was slightly over cooked. The service was not quite as attentive as we had observed previously. Still an good choice for a weekend lunch.Special Features:
- Disappointing, disappointing.merfletchDined on 9/21/2014In my opinion, you are simply paying for the location/view. I have never had an outstanding meal at Geoffrey's and the eggs benedict I had for brunch was just as disappointing. No flavor to the food and it was a major let down. So when you go, be prepared to pay a lot simply to enjoy the location and view. There many better restaurants in the greater Los Angeles are with fantastic food you can go to with ambience and pay less or the same. Nothing more than that!Special Features:
- Romantic, Scenic, OutdoorAAAAADined on 9/21/2014Romantic outdoor and scenic location. Inexpensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SurpriseMissedtheboatDined on 9/16/2014To our surprise we were served a complimentary dessert of whipped cream with a drizzle of strawberry syrup with a candle!!! Just whipped cream! OMG we were insulted for our 21st anniversary. Totally shockedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNativeAngelinoDined on 9/16/2014While the view is gorg, the ambiance lovely.....the food was not! We ordered two lobster cobb salads. The lobster was a piece of rubber. We could not cut it to eat it. Not sure if it was old or overcooked???? At $33 it should have been served perfect!Special Features:
- Wonderful Time at Geoffreys MalibuMonaDined on 9/14/2014Geoffrey's has become our "go to" restaurant when we have family and friends visiting from the east coast/midwest because it is quintessential California coast al fresco dining. The restaurant has outdoor dining tables on a lovely landscaped patio overlooking the ocean. With scenery like that it's already well worth the drive! Also the food is excellent and the servers are super nice. Our only suggestions would be to improve the wine list (add Justin from Paso Robles), update the bar decor and improve communication amongst the servers. Overall this is a terrific restaurant and always provides for a wonderful and memorable occasion. The night we dined, there were fireworks at nearby Paradise Cove which were spectacular!Special Features:
- StaffbarancDined on 9/14/2014Excellent hostess! SHe moved us to a more lovely table, than the first table. Excellent waitress! Checked in our every need! Professional and friendly.Special Features:
- Poor Service, Still GreatmadisoneaterDined on 9/14/2014I've been to Geoffrey's before, and it is always great for brunch and views of the water. Our waiter was not great. He was confusing when explaining the menu, and I ended up ordering the wrong drink as a result. With the nicoise salad, he described the tuna as rare (I was thinking sashimi--that was not something I wanted) but it was seared perfectly, as it should be. He offered pepper, I accepted, then he peppered my mother's food (she did not want any) and walked away without actually giving me any. Besides this strange server, our food was excellent as always, and we still enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.