Gennaro's Restaurant & Catering – Princeton
47 State Rd #B
Princeton, NJ 08540Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Gennaro's Restaurant & Catering – Princeton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gennaros-princeton.com/
- Phone: 6094972774x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ben Brault
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Gennaro�s Catering Service is a full service catering company. Located in Princeton, NJ. Gennaro has been serving New Jersey since 1976. We Specializing in Corporate Events, Weddings, and Special Event catering. We offer off site-catering from your favorite reception location to private parties to your back yard event. If you are planning an Elegant Plated dinner, Wedding buffet, Rehearsal dinner, Employee appreciation dinner, or any Size Corporate function. Gennaro's Catering helps make your event special.
A word from Gennaro's Restaurant & Catering – Princeton
At Gennaro's Italian Restaurant in Princeton NJ, we bring a fresh approach to casual fine dining, which results in a warm, intimate, inviting atmosphere. We focus our time and energy into the quality of our products and our relationships with our guests. BYOBContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gennaro's Restaurant & Catering – Princeton reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (15)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Will be back!SsnissimVIPDined on 9/12/2014Needed a place to meet friends half way between our homes so randomly picked Gennaro's based on location and previous reviews. We were not disappointed!! From the moment we arrived, we were warmly greeted and accommodated. The food was delicious and our server Gina was terrific. Some of the dishes seemed a little pricey but since it's a BYOB that helps keep the overall cost more reasonable. When we need to be in Princeton again, we'll definitely be back. Nice find!!!Special Features:
- The Positive Reviews are Right!FoodieFanVIPDined on 9/9/2014We had one night to take a Princeton student out for Italian food, so we chose a place he couldn't walk to easily (i.e. not Nassau St.) We were very happy with our choice. Gennaro, the owner, did spend quite a bit of time at our table. Since we were from out of town, we didn't BYOB so he let us "borrow" some wine, which was delicious. My eggplant was really good, as was the pappardelle with meat sauce, and the house salad was good sized and hearty. The only downside of the evening was that I was in the mood for spaghetti and meatballs but they didn't have it. They have a meatball appetizer, however, which I didn't order. I have a feeling Gennaro would have turned them into an entrée if I'd requested it. Definitely a good place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014Delicious food and charming staff. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Gennaro's is a gem!jerzeymonDined on 9/4/2014Had veal chop that was phenomenonal. Have been going there for years & have never been disappointed. Gennaro and his staff are great hosts and always make you feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMarcusDined on 8/30/2014I've had several different dishes and have never been disappointed. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in PrincetonOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful food, really warm friendly atmosphere, total lack of pretension.Special Features:
- A true treasureBethDined on 8/7/2014Went there to celebrate a birthday and had a table outside. We were not rushed to order or finish our meal and the wait staff could not have been friendlier or more accomodating including when I asked for a sampler dessert tray which is not a regular menu item. Can't think of a better place to have had this celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and serviceSVguyDined on 8/6/2014I had a business lunch here in August. I was surprised by the sophistication and quality of the food. I ordered the two specials of the day. The watermelon gazpacho was delicious and refreshing. The main course, a lemon sole, was spectacular. The service was attentive but not intrusive. Our meeting went on for almost three hours. We were never disturbed.Special Features:
- Great Italian in central NJMIckDined on 8/3/2014It's only the second time we have visited the resturant and I left hoping my next visit would be sooner than later! Great food and service!! highly recommend.........I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 7/31/2014Can't decide whether it is the food or the wonderful attentive service that draws us back. Probably both. Cannot recommend Gennaro's highly enough. Everything was delicious. We passed on the desserts. No room. But we know from the past that they are spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantjeffwonderfulworldofwinesDined on 7/26/2014Hidden gem...was well received upon arrival...service was over the top...food had lots of options and great quality...looking forward to returningSpecial Features:
- Great!ST21Dined on 7/25/2014Gennaro himself greets you and makes it a very welcoming, homy, family oriented inviornment. Food somewhat pricy so it won't be our new go-to location, but definatly worth a frequent visit.
- first visitcheetahVIPDined on 7/23/2014this was our first visit to Gennaro's and we were pleasantly surprised .The quality of the food was excellent usuing local fresh ingredients.The servie was very friendly and efficient.WE especially liked the colr cucumber soup special of the day.The beef short ribs were cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- A little gem in PrincetonFoodforfunDined on 7/20/2014You would never know from the outside of this strip mall that a culinary experience lies within. Gennaro's is a fine mix of delicious food served with love. The staff is knowledgable and professional. Our every need was met. The braised beef ribs in ragu fell off the bone. They were paired with homemade pappardelle. We had 5 entrees and every one was outstanding. The owner came over to our table and wished me a happy birthday and presented me with chocolate covered strawberries. We are foodies and love to try new restaurants. We can be very picky and let me tell you, I would pick this restaurant every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real finddiningdivaVIPDined on 7/10/2014One would never know from the outside décor that this place was so special. The food was well prepared and the service was the outstanding. When we asked the server what she would recommend, instead of naming a dish or the special , she asked us several questions to determine our preference. She then made the perfect recommendation for everyone in our group. All of the salad dressings are homemade and the Caesar dressing was the best I have every had. Most Italian restaurants offer dessert as an afterthought. Gennaro's desserts are all homemade. The cheesecake and flourless chocolate cake are a must. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 7/10/2014Gennaro's is truly a neighborhood gem, although one has to admit that the immediate neighborhood is not something to write home about: dry cleaners, fast food market, etc. But locale notwithstanding, Gennaro's is a first rate Italian restaurant with perfect, cheerful service. Very glad we rediscovered this restaurant after several years' absence. Ideal for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerjerseygirlDined on 6/28/2014Our son recently moved to the area and had invited us for a visit. I saw previous reviews of Gennaro's and suggested that we try it. Everyone was very pleasant and friendly from the minute we walked in to when we left, even Gennaro came around to talk with our table. The service was excellent and our waitress was so sweet. We all agreed that the food was delicious, the only con was the Short Ribs that my son ordered was missing half of the meat. I know he should have mentioned it but he would not and he enjoyed the home made noodles served with them all the same. Overall, our dining experience was very nice. We enjoyed the staff, the atmosphere, the great food and would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- will not return6dinnersDined on 6/27/2014The place is dark and very dated. Food is very overpriced. Portion is very small. Will not return.
- A great findNJcubanDined on 6/26/2014Gennaro's is a great find. I can't wait to return. The salads are delicious and pretty big, more than enough to share. I had the flounder franchise with vegetables and it was the best meal I remember. It was a nice size dish with 3 pieces of fish in butter sauce and tasty grilled vegetables. The service was attentive but not overwhelming. The fresh lemonade was delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2014Food is consistently well prepared. Menu could accommodate more frequent changes along side their standards fair, but the specials oferring make up for that to a degree. Service is friendly and accommodating. this is a great find and a frequent haunt.Special Features:
- Wonderfully warm and vibrantDeliciousDined on 6/13/2014Gennaros is an excellent restaurant. The quality and presentation of food is outstanding and the staff is warm and attentive! We have celebrated many family occasions at this comfortably refined spot. Although we consider Gennaros our local go to, it is definitely worth the drive to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 6/8/2014Delightful special-occasion restaurant and just about perfect any time. Desserts are unbelievable. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Italian.mafalzonDined on 6/7/2014Very classic Italian place. The owner, Gennaro, is a charming Italian man who frequently checks in, sparks conversation, and sits down with his guests. I felt taken care of, and greatly enjoyed my meal. Their Eggplant and Panna Cotta is out of this world, by the way.Special Features:
- nonicknameVIPDined on 6/4/2014Careful, friendly service combined with excellent food make Gennaro's a special treat. Highly recommend this true neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Terrific PlaceMperk720Dined on 5/25/2014We have been going to Genarro's for years and it never disappoints. The food is terrific and the service is great. We have introduced many friends to this restaurant and will continue to do that.Special Features:
- The following 99 reviews are from the Gennaro's Restaurant & Catering – Princeton reviews archive.
- OutstandingMarcusDined on 5/23/2014Wonderful service and outstanding food. Everything was prepared to perfection and the portions leave you completely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local gembilllVIPDined on 5/15/2014Gennaro knows food, and how to be a gracious host. Plus, it is byo. The lamb chops were extraordinary, as is the Greens Gennaro saladSpecial Features:
- Not to be overlookedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/15/2014This BYOB restaurant has been around for a number of years. The cheerful, efficient staff that has been in constant service all these years reflects good management. The menu has been improving continually. Lunch is served until 3PM, dinner service starts at 4PM so the restaurant is open most of the day Tuesday thru Sunday.Special Features:
- Mother's DayLove2finedineDined on 5/11/2014Hello....My party of 4 and myself enjoyed ourselves. The only problem was there was a different menu for Mother's Day, that I was not aware of and it had somewhat a problem for 2 of my guests. The waiter took care of it and we all enjoyed the meal. The yellow rose is blooming beautifully and I thank you for your kindness.Special Features:
- Italian Dining GemdineandtalkDined on 5/3/2014I looked on the web for restaurants in Princeton, New Jersey. I happened upon Gennaro's. I was looking for a dining experience at a non-chain restaurant, with a medium price range and in a good location. My daughter and I were delighted with the flavors of the bruschetta, lamb shank, and the limoncello! The service was excellent. The staff was very accommodating. The atmosphere reminded us of a favorite small family-owned Italian restaurant in our hometown. Gennaro's was filled with laughter and energy but we were able to have effortless conversation without distractions while we ate a delicious meal. This is a good place to dine with people you really care about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Surprise2goodVIPDined on 4/26/2014It's the first time we've been at Gennaro's and we were a bit reluctant to go there based on remote location. However, we've read the latest positive reviews and we can only confirm. The food was really delicious and the menu had some nice items you don't find in other restaurants. Service was extremely kind and attentive. It's a bit pricey, but we'll definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. RestaurantturbotVIPDined on 4/6/2014Food was great. Restaurant was empty. Only one other table the whole time we were there. Sunday night we expected the place to be very busy. We hope the restaurant isn't in trouble.Special Features:
- Good menu selections, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2014Good menu selections, good service, very clean restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicePeteMVIPDined on 4/4/2014Absolutely a great experience. We were greeted by very friendly staff which were extremely attentive throughout our dinner. The food was excellent. This might be the best Italian restaurant in the Princeton area. The prices are a bit high but the food is worth it. And when you factor in its a BYOB you get a great dinner at a reasonable cost. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backfinchDined on 4/4/2014Loved our experience at Gennaro's. The food and the service were wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, very goodPaulDined on 3/29/2014While visiting our nephew at Princeton, we had dinner at Gennaro's. The meal and service were exceptional. Although the restaurant was full, our party of four felt cozy which added to our experience. Would definitely recommend Gennaro's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was great place in PrinctonSpenceDined on 3/22/2014This was great place in Princton would def go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always a pleasure toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014It's always a pleasure to dine here and the food is great. Not many restuarants have such attentive and hospitable service by the owner. A bit noisy at times but not an overwhelming problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty & ReliableKaileenDined on 3/20/2014Had a great, quick bite to eat. The chicken parm was great!Special Features:
- A Hidden Gem off Route 206JYK1Dined on 3/15/2014Superb. We've read many positive reviews about Gennaro's but never had a chance to stop in - finally made it there and it exceeded expectations. You would not think that an unassuming Italian restaurant located in a mini-mall off Route 206 could go toe-to-toe with some of the finest Manhattan Italian restaurants, but they really do that and more. The rock shrimp pasta was infused with flavor, as was the Chicken Francaise, and the service was warm, fast and attentive. They clearly care deeply about quality and taste, which is really all you can ask for in a restaurant. Foodies will no doubt discover this restaurant soon if not already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.