Gennaro's Italian Ristorante
8500 Dorchester Rd.
North Charleston, SC 29420Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gennaro's Italian Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gennarositalian.com/
- Phone: 8437609875
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 4:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Gennaro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Thursday evenings featuring the Gennaro's Jazz Ensemble at North area location! Saturday night strolling violinist at West Ashley location!
A word from Gennaro's Italian Ristorante
Gennaro’s Italian Ristorante has been serving fine Italian cuisine in the Charleston area for 31 years. In a warm, cozy atmosphere, the Gennaro family work diligently at providing a wonderful dining experience. Whether you bring your family in for quality time together or gather with your friends for a hearty meal, live jazz or happy hour, Gennaro’s is the perfect place for you! From veal to grilled seafood or a wonderful black angus steak, you will certainly appreciate the quality at Gennaro’s and the perceived value. See why Charlestonians always come back to Gennaro’s. We look forward to providing you with the best in Italian cuisine!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gennaro's Italian Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)romantic (5)special occasion (5)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- outstandingluv2partyDined on 9/11/2014This is our go to place to take our friends to when they come into town. Best Italian food in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good Italian fooddaVinciDined on 8/15/2014kitchen offers consistently good food, service very attentive and helpful. my only complaint is the decor, dining rooms are very dark. wish they would brighten it up a little.Special Features:
- First dateGdfoodDined on 8/2/2014I just started dating a woman who I felt could be the one this was our first dinner date. The service was excellent. We were very happy with the experience. The food and wine made it a memorable timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJCS71Dined on 8/2/2014Date night with my wife and it was great. Food was outstanding and so was our server. My only issue was the server for a party of six next to us. Joking around and being loud, when most people are there for a quiet dinner with whomever. I wasn't there to have her walking past our table shouting " guess whose got the alcohol". That was the only disappointing part of the night. I would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best canolies!thebluebumpkinDined on 7/8/2014Excellent service, food, server. We were stuffed after the appetizer, the portions are huge! Steak was a little tough and chewy, but the canolies are to die for. We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 18 reviews are from the Gennaro's Italian Ristorante reviews archive.
- Always a great mealPenniVDined on 5/15/2014As always, a great meal with great service! A great wine list as well. I tried to order 3 different cocktails & the bat could not accommodate, but otherwise a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColtsfanDined on 4/25/2014Food was very good and plenty of it. We were on our way to see Tony Bennett; great way to start an Italian evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charleston experienceJustmiriamDined on 4/19/2014Enjoyed our evening after a hectic day it was pleasant to come to Gennaros. The restaurant has a charming character. The service was good, family environment. The food was tasty, loved the dip for the warm bread. I had the minestrone soup it was delicious. My spouse had the steak which was cooked to his liking and gives it thumbs up. If you are in that part of town it's an excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place!JeanDined on 4/16/2014Gennaro's has never disappointed us. The service is excellent, the mussels in the garlic white wine sauce are the best ever, and their steaks are amazing. It's a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- The food was all pre cookedpickyeatersDined on 4/10/2014The food was all pre cooked and I have food allergies so my choices were few. The water they offer that most places dont charge for was over priced. All in all im not going back.Special Features:
- Monday night bluesPeggieggDined on 3/31/2014Monday nights are usually quiet in restaurants, and the night of our reservation was a quiet Monday. We were a party of 9. Our server only had our table to tend to, but could not get orders straight and couldn't tell different dinners apart in order to serve them. We were definitely disappointed.
- ServiceMaryKayDined on 3/21/2014We were a group of five that hasn't seen each other in awhile. We wanted a leasure dinner, but our server was really slow. Others who came in after us, were getting their salads when we were just being asked about out order. She just took a long time to come back everytime she left. She never even asked us, if we wanted dessert. This was our second visit. We enjoyed the first one very much, but the service was much better the first time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just a bit over warm.PeteDined on 3/15/2014Food was just a bit over warm. Had to wait a while for everything. Do not know if Server had too many tables or what. Brought everyone else their salads and I got my soup by the time they finished the salads. There were 6 of us
- Enjoyed our experience at Gennaro'sVictoriaDined on 2/28/2014The food was very good. My husband's steak was perfect. He kept commenting how good it was & how it was cooked exactly as he requested. Our waiter was great...very good service. We were seated at a booth in a corner, which was more private & perfect for us. We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Stuff!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014Took my wife and daughter here for Valentines Day. It was our first time here, and we will definitely be returning. The menu has numerous options, and is very suitable for kids. The atmosphere and service was very good. I look forward to dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014I don't normally write reviews, but I felt compelled to because of how great the experience was. They actually got us a table valentine's night after we had booked through open table (which was supposed to be blocked out for the night). Service was top notch, made you feel like you were part of the family. Food was excellent also. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great FindKsforlifeDined on 2/1/2014I was looking for a good italian restaurant and the weather wasnt great to do down town. found this place just down the street to a place i just moved into. i will have to say it was just wonderful. the food was to die for. great service and the staff really knows the menu. the outside of the building is a little old but hey dont judge a book by it cover!!! will go back again soon!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued FavoriteJZimanVIPDined on 1/4/2014My husband and I had our first date at Genarros 4 years ago and we have been going back ever since. The food is always good and we always ask for Sara because she is awesome! They give you large portions and the bread is wonderful. When we can fit dessert in, we love the chocolate bomb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014We tried this restaurant for the first time. Great menu. Delicious food. Probably one of the best chicken parmigiana I ever had. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderstaffedSouthernDined on 12/31/2013Upon arrival, we requested a booth. We were told none were available. We were given a table too close to the walkway. Two of the four people in our party were hit by staff many times. Our dinner took two hours. There were two empty booths beside us for the first ninety minutes. Food was good, but not an overall enjoyable experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and serviceBubbaDined on 12/30/2013Gennaro's is our favorite restaurant in Charleston - great food and service every time!Special Features:
- Wonderful FindOulaugh2Dined on 12/7/2013We were looking for something on Open Table that tempted our taste buds and Gennaro's menu looked good. Everything there was absolutely delicious and the staff was extremely friendly. We will definitely make it back again when we return to Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding as usual.DinerDined on 11/29/2013Food was outstanding as usual. The house wine is fantastic. Always a wonderful selection of both food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.