Genki Noodles and Sushi - Highlands
1040 N Highland Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Genki Noodles and Sushi - Highlands
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.genkiatl.com/
- Phone: 6789883377
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm ; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Jorge Alvarado
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Genki Noodles and Sushi - Highlands
Genki Noodles and Sushi: Established in 1996 by Reid Zeising, Genki Noodles and Sushi now boasts three locations - Buckhead, The Prado in Sandy Springs, and Virginia-Highland. Offering fresh, artfully presented sushi, bountiful noodle bowls, and a variety of entrees for all tastes, Genki is open for lunch and dinner seven days a week and has become known for its reasonably priced and delicious Asian fusion cuisine that is served in a playful and casually upscale atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Genki Noodles and Sushi - Highlands reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (2)good for groups (2)scenic view (1)fit for foodies (1)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Expensive. Lots of japanese restaurant have better food and better value for your money.Special Features:
- love itpynkDined on 9/4/2014The sushi is so flavorful. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is really nice. I can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soooo much to choose from menugfdinersDined on 8/16/2014My girlfriend was overwhelmed by the combinations that can be gluten free in the Build a Bowl selections thanks to the extra info from manager! Sashemi was delicious, and the tuna and grilled shrimp bowls were flavorful. An experience better than imagined.. Genki is our new favorite Asian restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mix of sushi & other dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014Genki is a great location for a very good meal. It starts with a fantastic open air front on Highlands. They have some very good, unique rolls a well as plenty of other japanese dishes for those who aren't into sushi. We had a mixed group (which included a vegan) with varied tastes and everyone enjoyed their meal. Our server was also very attentive and on the ball. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Don't bother.LissVIPDined on 6/25/2014I ordered the sashimi sampler as my dinner. There were three servings of sashimi. Each "serving" of sashimi was literally the size of my fist, and sliced into 4 one-inch slices. Waaay too thick. The Hamachi was ok, once I was able to slice it up into bite-sized pieces, the salmon was passable, but the tuna literally made me gag. It was almost as if it had been frozen, thawed, and re-frozen. Then, when it came time to pay the bill, their machine rejected three of our credit cards. Not our fault, theirs! Just a frustrating experience that we won't be re-living any time soon.
- The following 13 reviews are from the Genki Noodles and Sushi - Highlands reviews archive.
- Neighborhood sushi spotDinnerfor2VIPDined on 3/8/2014Great neighborhood restaurant serving sushi in the Highlands. Sushi is fresh and very laid back atmosphere.Special Features:
- What a surprise!mprofantVIPDined on 2/15/2014You know, I've passed Genki for about a year now and finally decided to venture in . . . what a GREAT surprise! The staff are SUPER cool . . . the ambience is great, and the food was really pretty good! I picked a steamed shrimp and veggie option to keep up with my new year's resolution, and it was perfect. I'm definitely coming back, and think it may be a great regular spot. They have valet parking in the back, so bring an extra $3-5 to tip. Really, you'll like it, AND they take reservations on OpenTable - BONUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is good but theyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014The food is good but they kept on rushing us. Wanted to get rid of our plates very fast even though we were still eating. It is OK..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodsoulsurvivorDined on 2/14/2014Good food and vibe. Cramped when seated at back of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was okay, I had thevisualvictimDined on 1/11/2014The food was okay, I had the Super crunch sushi roll, I have had better (too much cream cheese). Overall it was okay, service was awesome though, its a tight, but I may go back.Special Features:
- surprisingly good lunchLongVIPDined on 1/2/2014I was pleasantly surprised to find a place that is open for late lunch with excellent quality food. It is always hard to find anything good after 2 pm. I'll definitely be coming back for more.Special Features:
- Very good food is wonderful.Maddie0453Dined on 11/26/2013Very good food is wonderful. great service, kid friendly, and romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013We had a great time! Sushi was wonderful! Service was great, thanks Joel! Drinks were delicious! Atmosphere would have been just as good if u could not see the dumpsters from the patio.......a little more fencing would go a long way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2013Tried Genki 2 different times within the same week. Once with a small group and again with a large group. Both times everyone was extremely happy with their meals. The service was friendly and quick for a sushi restaurant. There were some very good specialty rolls with unique combinations. Overall a highly recommended place in a quaint little neighborhood of Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in townGatorInAtlDined on 6/8/2013Seriously, the sushi and rolls just melt In your mouth. There's no chewiness to it like a lot of other sushi that you'll find in town. Their noodle bowls are delicious as well-excellent taste and incredibly satisfying. Only downside were that the drinks were just ok, only tried a couple between myself and my finance but they got watered down pretty quickly. Regardless, this will be a new regular spot for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi roll was outstanding,VParkerVIPDined on 3/23/2013Sushi roll was outstanding, Tuna used for the Summer Breeze entree was very bland. We would dine here again, but only if we were in the neighborhood. We would not drive into the city again specifically to eat hereSpecial Features:
- Great service and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2013Great service and the food was delicious I would go back the deal was also great lots of food and the fried Oreos were out of this worldSpecial Features:
- Great VenueOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/26/2013Thank you Genki (Virginia Highlands)Management and Staff. We had a birthday celebration for a close friend, and the staff and management were very accomodating. Seating was perfect, service was over the top(THANK YOU CHRIS!!!) and HATS OFF to the CHEF(Food was Oustanding!!!). Thank you all for a great time and for making the birthday celebration awesome and memorable. This is a must try venue.Special Features: