Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Reynoldsburg
2045 Brice Rd
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Reynoldsburg
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 614-864-7888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 1:45pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Our chefs will entertain you while they cook your food at the table.
A word from Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Reynoldsburg
Genji Japanese Steakhouse is the home of the yum yum sauce. Let our chefs entertain you while they cook your food at your table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Reynoldsburg - Best Restaurants in Reynoldsburg ›
Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Reynoldsburg reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (22)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (7)hot spot (4)romantic (4)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2014Food is great but expensive. Chief is always excellent but have noticed the portions are less. Would like to try for lunch to compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobsDined on 10/18/2014Awesome experience all 7 of us enjoyed every last bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an amazing time...Ramsey621Dined on 10/10/2014I brought my husband here for his bday and it was my first time we had an amazing time. Kara was our server and we really enjoyed her. She did am amazing job. We will be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice dinnermommytimes6Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I were able to sneak away for a couple hours for dinner. We have been to Genji several times and love the food. It's nice for groups. The only downfall for special occasion is the smell of the food on your clothes. Its no fault of the restaurant but there is a strong food smell that attaches to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationAnnie53Dined on 9/26/2014This was our first time at Genji, celebrating my elder son's 35th birthday. Our servers were helpful and prompt. Our chef was entertaining; he seemed to enjoy parrying silly jokes with my husband and daughter. The food was absolutely deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GessDined on 9/19/2014Carlos always makes it fun and delicious. Thank youSpecial Features:
- hair in saladOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Late getting to table chef was amazing the girl with long pony tail did good girl with hair in bun was beyond rude. My husband had hair in his salad. Our Bill was 165.00 you would think my poor husband would have gotten a discount instead of being asked what's in like he was lying it was a hair ball not just one hair she didn't have much to say once he showed it to her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50% off was a BUSTOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014Our reservation was at 8pm; upon arrival I was told they were running behind. We were seated 8:30-45p. We got our drinks and soup shortly after placing our orders and then waited. There was another party seated 15-20 mins after us. While we were in limbo waiting on salad, a chef and drink refills - they were served soup, salad and a chef was at their table. At this point I asked the hostess the reason for the wait and she explained she would notify the manager. The rest of the evening was more waiting and when the manager finally did come to our table she brushed off our concerns and made excuses. It was near 10:30pm by the time we wrapped up, received our bills and paid. The 50% anniversary promo was a BUST. Not worth the poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our chef was funny.ruby53Dined on 9/16/2014Sometimes you get under-cooked veggies but he cooked the food perfectly. That night was a special occasion for restaurant so parking was very difficult, usually it is not a problem. This is not the place to go if you want to do a lot of talking. It is difficult to hear (noise level) and because of seating arrangement. We enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichikoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014THis was a special occasion for my mothers 72 birthday. I made reservations which I had to change once and let the Host know it was a special occasion. She showed me my options and my mother was sang to received a pineapple boat, a picture of all of us and a nice pair of chopsticks. Thank you Genjis for making this a very nice dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Genji!emmuhDined on 8/12/2014Genji was amazing; the food was excellent, and the chef did not disappoint. He was friendly, fun, and caring. I appreciated the speed in which our food was prepared, and the quality was excellent. The waiter never wasted food and always gave us the leftover bits of rice, which was amazing!Special Features:
- Great DiningVeggieEarthDined on 8/2/2014I took my daughter, who is nineteen years old and she loved it! We sat with some very nice people, that kept us laughing with their jokes. Learned a little more about wine from my other neighbor, and the waitress was very good at attending to all of her customers, by making sure we had refills before we even asked. Thank You, for being a friendly, clean, GREAT tasting restaurant, specializing in PEOPLE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014this place is Kids friendly...the food was good...the service was good ...the Ambience was good...good for family getting together and enjoy a nice meal...the only thing that i will say needs improvements are the chairs...not comfortable ...especially for older people like my parents....other than that ...we enjoyed our time...Special Features:
- The following 219 reviews are from the Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Reynoldsburg reviews archive.
- our 1st Japanese Steakhouse visiteatsoutalotDined on 6/28/2014Our chef was very talented and entertaining. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceSmokeater55Dined on 6/27/2014I trusted that this restaurant establishment would come through for me and my friend and her birthday. Flowers were brought out and the service and food was very good (a little on the salty side), especially the Yum-Yum sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Genji great as alwaysjjoseph4Dined on 6/15/2014The chef was entertaining and the food was delicious as always. We've never had a bad experience at Genji and my kids love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Once again, Genji's does not fail. Superb food and our chef was particularly funny with a unique sense of humor and personality -- which made it even more entertaining.Special Features:
- Service was ExcellentMomof2Dined on 5/16/2014Service was great. Our waitress was on point and made all of the appropriate accommodations for my dietary needs and got refills right away. The cook wasn't very exciting for it being dinner time but the food was good.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The food was great, our chief was lacking a little on the show and was not great about knowing who ordered what.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedconcertgoerDined on 5/10/2014As a first timer it was a nice experience. The group of people we sat with were helpful and friendly and our hostess was personable and knowledgable. The chef was young, funny, and did well preparing our dishes. Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Shogun meal was very good,ruby53Dined on 5/7/2014There was a young boy at our table with a birthday. The restaurant staff was very energetic in wishing him a very happy birthday. Our server was new and needs a lot more practice perhaps under a more experienced server. We always enjoy coming to Genji's.Special Features:
- Almost Walked out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014The hostess, Sunny, was extremely rude, condescending, & not at all helpful. The server Aretha, Chef Carlos were both amazing! We drove an hour & a half just to dine at the restaurant & to be greeted by such a negative attitude was a huge disappointment. If it wasn't for the Birthday girl in our party, we would have left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GenjiDinerfiendDined on 4/30/2014Typically, the customer service here is awful on the weekends but this time during the week everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Genji's SteakhouseGasofatimeDined on 4/19/2014Genji's Steakhouse was wonderful. The chef cooked the meal right at our table. He made the onion volcano for our niece and she loved it. I greatly recommend it to anyone who is interested in having a nice evening with family. They keep you entertained so well that the children do not recognize that they are eating healthy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place For Friends To DineHungrybunch4Dined on 4/12/2014Had a fun evening dining with friends. Chef was very interactive with group & very entertaining! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No onion dressing??CrystalDined on 4/12/2014Despite it's location in a neighborhood which becomes shadier by the day, Genji is still a good family restaurant. It has basically the same offerings as most of the other Japanese steakhouses, with one exception - no onion dressing for the salad! This was very disappointing to me, as it's one of my favorite things about Japanese steakhouses. I did not want (nor really care for) having yum yum sauce as my salad dressing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceFood4thoughtDined on 4/4/2014Genji has excellent food and a fun atmosphere. The server was extremely busy the night we visited, but she was still pleasant, quick, and friendly. She didn't allow the large number of guests to shake her. The chef was skilled and funny and the food was amazing. Three people in my party had never been to Genji before and two had never been to a Japanese steakhouse before; all three are interested in going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looove it.callmereoDined on 3/27/2014By far one of our favorite restaurants. Always a fun experience and the chefs are GREAT to watch (and always have a great sense of humor). I definitely recommend genjis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun tasty place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Genji is a fun place to get some delicious food with an interesting show. My wife and I enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodyumanddoneDined on 3/21/2014I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. I was a bit disappointed with the particular waiter and chef that we had...I observed other tables and their chef was much more entertaining than ours. That being said, I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Been to Genji's many times.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2014Been to Genji's many times. Always a treat. Great place for an occasion. Had to wait for awhile for a chef, but it was worth it. We have been to most of the Columbus Japanese Steakhouses and decided this is our favorite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday surpriseMikeDined on 2/28/2014Dinner was delicious and the wait staff was nice. The whole experience was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good! Waitress32BrownsDined on 2/16/2014Food was very good! Waitress was prompt with refills on drinks. Chef was great at preparing the food, but could use a little more practice handling the utensils.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not cooked good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Food was not cooked good. Shrimp tasted mushy and the steak was under cooked. It seemed liked they cooked on a time limit not by quality..My salad also had no greens just the yellow core which I usually throw away.Special Features:
- Great evening, good foodCbusgladiatorDined on 2/13/2014Celebrated Valentines Day a day early this year. Picked this restaurant on a friends suggestion. Service was top notch, table side "show" was as good as I've experienced. Food was ok. Best item of the night was the tempura roll. Had higher expectations. Physical plant is a bit worn. Probably would go back but with lower expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happy with ChefAbNMatDined on 1/31/2014Our chef didn't seem to be in the mood to work, which makes it less enjoyable to seat with people that you don't know. He didn't do any entertainment or give a show at all. The only thing he did was cook the food. When we come to Genji's, we like the show and the interaction with the chef. It makes it fun to be with be with people you don't know. We do come to Genji's a few times a year and usually we have a good time. But most of the time it is with a lot more people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great butCVfoodieDined on 1/18/2014I think the chef was having an off night. He started out fun and talkative but that didn't last long. He didn't do the onion volcano and seemed a little stressed making sure that the orders were correct. The food was great as always but when it was over, he didn't offer any yum yum sauce to take home. Luckily the server got it for us. Maybe he was having a bad day but part of the cost of dinner is the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and YummyPKMMDined on 1/10/2014The food and service was better than it has been previously. It is always great but this time was exceptional. I would highly recommend Genji for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usual great service!pinnaclegolferDined on 12/31/2013We go to Genji several times a year. The food was great as always. But our server was not good. He was slow, brought us cold tea and then took a while to replace it. Spilled soup all over my seating area and didn't bring anything to clean it up, we had to ask. He forgot the steamed rice for a member of our party and the chef had to ask him to bring it once he was passing out the fried rice. We have had better here which is good. We would not go back based on this visit if it had been out first.Special Features:
- New Yearsrwelch78Dined on 12/31/2013We come here every New Year's Eve and they never dissappoint! Great food and the chef's are very entertainingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.