Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Dublin
5874 Sawmill Rd
Dublin, OH 43017Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Dublin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 614-792-2500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 1:45pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Our chefs will entertain you while they cook your food at the table.
A word from Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Dublin
Genji Japanese Steakhouse is the home of the yum yum sauce. Let our chefs entertain you while they cook your food at your table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Dublin - Best Restaurants in Dublin ›
Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Dublin reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)good for groups (37)kid-friendly (27)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (6)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Place To EatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Genji always has amazing service which never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperiencekathylDined on 8/17/2014Our son chose Genji's for his 18th birthday celebration. We were seated right away, the hostess was aware of the occasion--per my instructions on our online reservation. Our chef was fun. Service was attentive. Overall, food was very good--the edamame was a bit of a disappointment. Not crisp--did not taste like it was recently prepared. Not sure if they use frozen or fresh, but pods were limp and tough, not easy to eat. This was the only mis-step of the meal. And our son enjoyed his special birthday surprise & picture. Glad we went,Special Features:
- Loud!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Food good, Service good, Cook was great. Was VERY loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Genji loverLuvWineVIPDined on 7/30/2014A tradition that I take my great nieces when they come to town.. They love it!! It is such entertainment !! Most of time food is pretty good..Special Features:
- No complaintsNomnomsDined on 7/26/2014The food was delicious as always. I haven't gone in years - and going again for the first time in a while made it taste even better than I remembered. The service was great as well. They were very knowledgable with the menu and they were very friendly. I definitely recommend eating there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Times, good Sake!floozDined on 7/23/2014Japanese Steakhouses haven't changed in years.. and maybe thats good and bad, don't know. But for special occasions and group activity you can beat Genji.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My parents were in town for my daughter's 19th birthday. We all had great food and a wonderful dining experience at Genji. My daughter enjoyed the pineapple boat, chopsticks and picture to mark the occasion. This was our 3rd trip to Genji and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food no entertainmententertainme1215Dined on 7/18/2014The food was good but the chefs didn't entertain that's the best part of the dinner and 5.99 for a birthday package I'm sorry but a pineapple and a picture that looks like it was taken with a throw away camera isn't worth $6 probably won't be backSpecial Features:
- Feeling rushedRushedDined on 7/11/2014We really enjoyed our experience, but we felt pushed out before we were finished. It is not a good feeling and makes us think we might not want to return, as we enjoy chatting with our grandchildren after a meal. Actually, we weren't even just chatting. We felt rushed as we were finishing our meal. I am not sure why you were so anxious to get rid of us.
- Great!evilheferDined on 7/11/2014Waitress phenomenal! Cook great! Front staff, idiotsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food and the showMomwithkidsDined on 7/5/2014Genji is our go-to restaurant to celebrate birthdays. Watching the chef cook is fun. The food is great.....always end up with the same meal....filet and shrimp. Only drawback is that it is hard to talk to others at the table because of the layout. So as long as you are interested in watching the chef, it is great. Not a place for an intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodjlr0412jdr1024Dined on 6/21/2014Great food for the whole family. A little pricey but still good. Great food that special occasion. Well go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and showdaBearDined on 6/12/2014the chef who prepared out dinner was entertaining and made sure my grand daughters were entertained. the entire staff made our entire family welcomed and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- live to eatgoodeaterDined on 6/11/2014Our family of five loves Genji and the kids choose it for every birthday! The food is consistently good and we usually have leftovers for at least another day. This time we had to wait 1/2 hour past our reservation for another group to fill up our table, but their bar is also pretty well stocked, so we passed the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our ChefTwbearDined on 6/7/2014We went to Genji for my daughter-in-Law's birthday . My two grandchildren were there ages 3 and 5. The five year old was frightened by the fire. The Chef really helped him not to be afraid. He was very thoughtful. We enjoyed the show and so did the kids. He was very pleasant, kind and considerate. He made sure everyone enjoyed themselves even the small children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not be disappointedKls81Dined on 6/7/2014I made reservations online that day and had no problem getting the time we wanted. We had a group of 8 and we were seated immediately. Our waiter greeted us and took our drink order. Everyone in our party got some kind of combination. The soup and salad were excellent. Our chef was great. We had a 4 year old with us and he enjoyed all the fire on the hibachi. I had the shrimp and filet combo. The filet was like butter and the shrimp were seasoned and cooked perfectly. I also opted for the fried rice which was delicious. The portion is huge, I was full and still had enough for lunch the next day. Overall, It was a great experience and would definetly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fun!!!!GroovegirlDined on 5/24/2014Our chef was fantastic and Andy was right there if we needed anything. We had a great experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration VenueMinimenmomVIPDined on 5/17/2014Had a great time and got our small kids to eat off the menu, something that wasn't breaded or processed! Awesome display of juggling talent and cooking all in one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as always!8isenufDined on 5/17/2014We love to dine here, but living out of Columbus makes our visits less frequent than we would like. We brought 4 of our children and two additional guests. We all had a great time as well as a great meal. We will definitely be dining there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you.birthdaydinnerDined on 5/15/2014I took my girlfriend for the first time on her birthday and she said it was amazing. The food was delicious. We had a great dinner.Special Features:
- Bad service, expensive mistakebitemeDined on 5/11/2014We made a 6pm reservation and didn't get seated until 645pm. What's the point in a reservation? The food was comparable to mark pi's express. The waitress copped an attitude when I asked her about the yum yum sauce and protein selections. The homeless man over cooking our food was talking too softly and tough to understand. The meal was a $140 mistake. Yes 3 people $140....
- Dinner and a show for a low price!lawgradDined on 5/10/2014There is a reason why I bring everyone who comes to Columbus to this restaurant: simply because I have never had a bad experience here. The food is always excellent, the servers know what they are doing, and the cooks are unbelievable at what they do. My family came here from outside the country and were still gushing about the experience the following the day. My dad, upon realizing he was coming to Columbus again, insisted on having dinner at this restaurant, a feat considering how hard he is to please. And the left overs are still as good the next day. As long as I bring friends to Columbus, a visit here will be a staple among the activities we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of food and a good showohiocouple0630Dined on 5/10/2014As always you get a ton of food for the money and if you are like my wife you are getting at least two meals out of it. Our chef was great and put on one of the better shows I've had. I seem to get varying levels of wait staff performance, its always good enough but this last visit there was a period of inattentiveness that was slightly off putting.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceMommy2fourDined on 5/10/2014A friend of mine brought me to Genji for lunch a while back. For Mothers Day, I decided I wanted to try their dinner service. We made a reservation for early in the evening (4:00) and there was already a line at the door. They got everyone seated quickly and politely. The hostess was genuine and sweet despite the large groups that I'm certain I would have been overwhelmed by. The waitress was delightful, the cook was professional and and had fun with the folks at our table. He was also accomidating for our toddler who wasn't horribly fond of the fire at first. Food was AH-MAZING!!! The Yum Yum sauce is of course- YUM! I will DEFINTELY be going back the next opportunity I get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjennykDined on 5/8/2014Service is fast and entertaining, portions are huge and very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 243 reviews are from the Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Dublin reviews archive.
- Not to great this time.Mn400Dined on 5/3/2014I have been many times and had great service and the food had always been great. This last visit not great at all. The server was not very happy or organized. We didn't recive the steamed rice until we were done eating because he said he forgot. All the food had a burnt taste and tasted the same. This was a very disappointing visit.Special Features:
- 10th birthdayfunnightDined on 4/26/2014We went to celebrate my daughter's 10th birthday with her friends and the staff was wonderful. So engaging and funny and the food was amazingSpecial Features:
- Love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014I love the food here but the price is a little high to take family to. I would eat here more often if the prices were not soo high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good showOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014The chef really entertains with all the flames and food throwing. This restaurant is not for the faint of heart, or small of stomach.Special Features:
- just an overall fun eveningthestomachDined on 4/11/2014just an overall fun evening for the whole family, this was a b-day for mom also, the kids loved the drum, singing, all for mom.Special Features:
- Excellent service!YumYumDined on 4/11/2014This is a pricey place but it's a great meal and you will be entertained as you eat. Worth the money!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday fun for the kids.KurtDined on 4/11/2014Always a classic for the group kid birthday. Get Tommy the chef, he will wow the kids with fire and flying food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itfirsttimeuserDined on 3/29/2014Much better food and experience than I had at Benihana a few weeks ago - more food, better tasting, better atmosphere and service. Really great evening!Special Features:
- Always a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2014We celebrated the kids' birthdays after a choir concert, but the staff was very accommodating bringing out the drum and song even near close. We were fortunate to have a wonderful couple next to us, so it was a great deal of fun. Generally is. We love Genji, and it's really the kids' usual first choice for special occasions like birthdays, good report cards, etc. Our server was absolutely fantastic, responsive and cheerful, which is an achievement when on the after-8 dinner shift. :) It's not inexpensive, of course, but for what they provide, I think it's a bargain! Lunch for the week is provided! The chef seemed new-ish as far as knife skills and the like, but it was still a fun show. And the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Birthday Dinnerlike161Dined on 3/26/2014Great time, great (and lots of it) food - Celebration package great value and nicely done. Entertaining chef - attentive waitressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the FoodYumYumDined on 3/22/2014We've been to a lot of Japanese steakhouses and this was one of the best. Great meal, only downfall was I wished fried rice was included with the meal. It's a must have! Nice servings, plenty left to take home and it reheats nicely. Worth the time and money!!! Wish they had a larger sushi menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday FunbdayboyDined on 3/15/2014Excellent service - great chef and a lot of fun celebrating my son's 11th birthday! Loved that the chef was interactive and had a great sense of humor. We were seated on-time and not rushed throughout our experience. Food was fresh and delicious. One of the nicest Japanese Steakhouses I've been to in the Central Ohio area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great!Steph0605Dined on 3/15/2014It was our first time at genji's and it was great! Our waitress was awesome at keeping our drinks full and taking dirty plates away. Our cook was awesome. So entertaining and great food! Great experience! Totally recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sons bday dinnerTinaDined on 3/14/2014My son wanted to go to Genji for his bday dinner. There were 6 of us (4 kids 11 and under) and we all enjoyed our meal. Portions are huge so you leave with enough for lunch the next day. We especially liked the inexpensive bday experience they offered. The photo was terrific and will provide a nice keepsake to remember this birthday.Special Features:
- When I walked up the hostessLauraDined on 3/12/2014When I walked up the hostess desk to check in, it took 10 minutes for anyone to come over to the desk. There were bar tenders making drinks and looked over on several occassions. No one was called to assist.