Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Dublin
5874 Sawmill Rd
Dublin, OH 43017Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Dublin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 614-792-2500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 1:45pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Our chefs will entertain you while they cook your food at the table.
A word from Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Dublin
Genji Japanese Steakhouse is the home of the yum yum sauce. Let our chefs entertain you while they cook your food at your table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Dublin - Best Restaurants in Dublin ›
Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Dublin reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)good for groups (38)kid-friendly (23)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not too impressedUnsatisfiedDined on 9/16/2014I reserved my reservation 2 weeks in advance for 845 for 6 ppl and didn't get seated until 920 . The front reception ppl where very rude. Our chef was very good. But we didn't get out of there till close to 1045. It was crazy loud and just not very enjoyable for the amount of money we spentSpecial Features:
- Best Japanese steakhouseOkieDined on 9/16/2014Great food, good service. Lots of food (plenty of leftovers). Expensive.Special Features:
- Genji 20th anniversaryDublinDinerDined on 9/16/2014I love Genji. Unfortunately, this last experience has tarnished their image in my eyes. Firstly, my server walked out on his employer and my complete order was not communicated to the staff. I received my dine-in food but not my to-go food. The to-go food was not discounted, which is understandable. However, there was a gratuity already charged for the delayed order that they messed up. This left an even worse taste in my mouth because the service had been bismal all evening. Management apologized to me, but I did expect a free desert/appetizer or a slight discount on the to-go meal.Special Features:
- Treat myselfOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014From the time arrive the wait time was only 10mins for a party of 8 the service was great and the food was excellent!!!! I love open table nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was nice!!happywthefoodDined on 9/16/2014The food is always great at Genji's, it is a great place for special occasions, but for someone wishing a romantic setting for an example like wedding anniversary or birthday or to get engaged it is not exactly a great spot for that or for someone who wishes to experience a quiet dining experience. Our chef was very good he put on an excellent show. However he did seem to do things a bit out of order, we got our appetizer shrimps close to the end. I am highly allergic to eggs and I did wish he would have scraped the grill area off just a little better before putting my and my husbands mushrooms down to cook, I know that I could always ask for my food to be done separately, have done it in the past, just does not taste as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely the best......Pammyjojo7Dined on 9/16/2014I invited 5 of my friends to go to Genji's and everyone thanked me. It was so delicious. It is my most favorite restaurant EVER!!!!!! We all had such a good time. I wish we could go every week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food & customer serviceLovetotravelDined on 9/16/2014This is the perfect place for date night, a night out with friends, a special occasion or family dining. It truly is a place for everyone. The food is remarkable and the customer experience outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place To EatDublinDinerDined on 8/30/2014Genji always has amazing service which never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperiencekathylDined on 8/17/2014Our son chose Genji's for his 18th birthday celebration. We were seated right away, the hostess was aware of the occasion--per my instructions on our online reservation. Our chef was fun. Service was attentive. Overall, food was very good--the edamame was a bit of a disappointment. Not crisp--did not taste like it was recently prepared. Not sure if they use frozen or fresh, but pods were limp and tough, not easy to eat. This was the only mis-step of the meal. And our son enjoyed his special birthday surprise & picture. Glad we went,Special Features:
- Loud!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Food good, Service good, Cook was great. Was VERY loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Genji loverLuvWineVIPDined on 7/30/2014A tradition that I take my great nieces when they come to town.. They love it!! It is such entertainment !! Most of time food is pretty good..Special Features:
- No complaintsNomnomsDined on 7/26/2014The food was delicious as always. I haven't gone in years - and going again for the first time in a while made it taste even better than I remembered. The service was great as well. They were very knowledgable with the menu and they were very friendly. I definitely recommend eating there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Times, good Sake!floozDined on 7/23/2014Japanese Steakhouses haven't changed in years.. and maybe thats good and bad, don't know. But for special occasions and group activity you can beat Genji.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My parents were in town for my daughter's 19th birthday. We all had great food and a wonderful dining experience at Genji. My daughter enjoyed the pineapple boat, chopsticks and picture to mark the occasion. This was our 3rd trip to Genji and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food no entertainmententertainme1215Dined on 7/18/2014The food was good but the chefs didn't entertain that's the best part of the dinner and 5.99 for a birthday package I'm sorry but a pineapple and a picture that looks like it was taken with a throw away camera isn't worth $6 probably won't be backSpecial Features:
- Feeling rushedRushedDined on 7/11/2014We really enjoyed our experience, but we felt pushed out before we were finished. It is not a good feeling and makes us think we might not want to return, as we enjoy chatting with our grandchildren after a meal. Actually, we weren't even just chatting. We felt rushed as we were finishing our meal. I am not sure why you were so anxious to get rid of us.
- Great!evilheferDined on 7/11/2014Waitress phenomenal! Cook great! Front staff, idiotsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food and the showMomwithkidsDined on 7/5/2014Genji is our go-to restaurant to celebrate birthdays. Watching the chef cook is fun. The food is great.....always end up with the same meal....filet and shrimp. Only drawback is that it is hard to talk to others at the table because of the layout. So as long as you are interested in watching the chef, it is great. Not a place for an intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodjlr0412jdr1024Dined on 6/21/2014Great food for the whole family. A little pricey but still good. Great food that special occasion. Well go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and showdaBearDined on 6/12/2014the chef who prepared out dinner was entertaining and made sure my grand daughters were entertained. the entire staff made our entire family welcomed and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- live to eatgoodeaterDined on 6/11/2014Our family of five loves Genji and the kids choose it for every birthday! The food is consistently good and we usually have leftovers for at least another day. This time we had to wait 1/2 hour past our reservation for another group to fill up our table, but their bar is also pretty well stocked, so we passed the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our ChefTwbearDined on 6/7/2014We went to Genji for my daughter-in-Law's birthday . My two grandchildren were there ages 3 and 5. The five year old was frightened by the fire. The Chef really helped him not to be afraid. He was very thoughtful. We enjoyed the show and so did the kids. He was very pleasant, kind and considerate. He made sure everyone enjoyed themselves even the small children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not be disappointedKls81Dined on 6/7/2014I made reservations online that day and had no problem getting the time we wanted. We had a group of 8 and we were seated immediately. Our waiter greeted us and took our drink order. Everyone in our party got some kind of combination. The soup and salad were excellent. Our chef was great. We had a 4 year old with us and he enjoyed all the fire on the hibachi. I had the shrimp and filet combo. The filet was like butter and the shrimp were seasoned and cooked perfectly. I also opted for the fried rice which was delicious. The portion is huge, I was full and still had enough for lunch the next day. Overall, It was a great experience and would definetly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 252 reviews are from the Genji Japanese Steakhouse - Dublin reviews archive.
- Great Fun!!!!GroovegirlDined on 5/24/2014Our chef was fantastic and Andy was right there if we needed anything. We had a great experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration VenueMinimenmomVIPDined on 5/17/2014Had a great time and got our small kids to eat off the menu, something that wasn't breaded or processed! Awesome display of juggling talent and cooking all in one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as always!8isenufDined on 5/17/2014We love to dine here, but living out of Columbus makes our visits less frequent than we would like. We brought 4 of our children and two additional guests. We all had a great time as well as a great meal. We will definitely be dining there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you.birthdaydinnerDined on 5/15/2014I took my girlfriend for the first time on her birthday and she said it was amazing. The food was delicious. We had a great dinner.Special Features:
- Bad service, expensive mistakebitemeDined on 5/11/2014We made a 6pm reservation and didn't get seated until 645pm. What's the point in a reservation? The food was comparable to mark pi's express. The waitress copped an attitude when I asked her about the yum yum sauce and protein selections. The homeless man over cooking our food was talking too softly and tough to understand. The meal was a $140 mistake. Yes 3 people $140....
- Dinner and a show for a low price!lawgradDined on 5/10/2014There is a reason why I bring everyone who comes to Columbus to this restaurant: simply because I have never had a bad experience here. The food is always excellent, the servers know what they are doing, and the cooks are unbelievable at what they do. My family came here from outside the country and were still gushing about the experience the following the day. My dad, upon realizing he was coming to Columbus again, insisted on having dinner at this restaurant, a feat considering how hard he is to please. And the left overs are still as good the next day. As long as I bring friends to Columbus, a visit here will be a staple among the activities we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of food and a good showohiocouple0630Dined on 5/10/2014As always you get a ton of food for the money and if you are like my wife you are getting at least two meals out of it. Our chef was great and put on one of the better shows I've had. I seem to get varying levels of wait staff performance, its always good enough but this last visit there was a period of inattentiveness that was slightly off putting.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceMommy2fourDined on 5/10/2014A friend of mine brought me to Genji for lunch a while back. For Mothers Day, I decided I wanted to try their dinner service. We made a reservation for early in the evening (4:00) and there was already a line at the door. They got everyone seated quickly and politely. The hostess was genuine and sweet despite the large groups that I'm certain I would have been overwhelmed by. The waitress was delightful, the cook was professional and and had fun with the folks at our table. He was also accomidating for our toddler who wasn't horribly fond of the fire at first. Food was AH-MAZING!!! The Yum Yum sauce is of course- YUM! I will DEFINTELY be going back the next opportunity I get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjennykDined on 5/8/2014Service is fast and entertaining, portions are huge and very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to great this time.Mn400Dined on 5/3/2014I have been many times and had great service and the food had always been great. This last visit not great at all. The server was not very happy or organized. We didn't recive the steamed rice until we were done eating because he said he forgot. All the food had a burnt taste and tasted the same. This was a very disappointing visit.Special Features:
- 10th birthdayfunnightDined on 4/26/2014We went to celebrate my daughter's 10th birthday with her friends and the staff was wonderful. So engaging and funny and the food was amazingSpecial Features:
- Love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014I love the food here but the price is a little high to take family to. I would eat here more often if the prices were not soo high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good showOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014The chef really entertains with all the flames and food throwing. This restaurant is not for the faint of heart, or small of stomach.Special Features:
- just an overall fun eveningthestomachDined on 4/11/2014just an overall fun evening for the whole family, this was a b-day for mom also, the kids loved the drum, singing, all for mom.Special Features:
- Excellent service!YumYumDined on 4/11/2014This is a pricey place but it's a great meal and you will be entertained as you eat. Worth the money!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday fun for the kids.KurtDined on 4/11/2014Always a classic for the group kid birthday. Get Tommy the chef, he will wow the kids with fire and flying food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itfirsttimeuserDined on 3/29/2014Much better food and experience than I had at Benihana a few weeks ago - more food, better tasting, better atmosphere and service. Really great evening!Special Features: