7036 Grand Geneva Way
Lake Geneva, WI 53147Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chophouse411.com/Geneva
- Phone: (262) 249-4788
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Sawin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In House Catering for Private Dining Available. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Celebrations, Reunions, Wedding Dinners and more. Our coordinator will work with you to cater a custom menu for your function to meet your needs.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment, dancing, and televised sporting events can be enjoyed in Evolve lounge adjacent to the Geneva ChopHouse. Enjoy a cocktail from our full service bar. Appetizers, sandwiches, and desserts are also available.
- Special Events: NEW Benedict Bar at Sunday Brunch
Build your own eggs benedict with a line of fresh, gourmet ingredients for the perfect start to your Sunday
A word from Geneva Chophouse
Geneva ChopHouse offers bold and distinctive flavors with steaks, seafood and style. Delivered daily from the finest purveyors of meat in Chicago, Geneva ChopHouse features the finest hand cut steaks and chops as well as an extensive wine list. With a wide assortment of side dishes big enough for two, Geneva ChopHouse offers an open kitchen where guests can view their meal being grilled and roasted. All served amid spectacular views of the Wisconsin countryside and the famed 18th hole on The Brute golf course. Your dining experience will be a culinary treat to remember.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Geneva Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Lake Geneva ›
Geneva Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (123)scenic view (103)romantic (99)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (38)great for outdoor dining (35)notable wine list (33)great for brunch (23)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Very RomanticExcellentDined on 11/16/2014I went here for my one-year with my boyfriend. I had emailed and requested something romantic and special for us. When we got there, there were roses scattered on our table and two glasses of champagne on the house. After wonderful dinner courses, our server then brought out a complimentary dessert for our anniversary as well. I've never been treated so well at any other restaurant. With the Chop House, you are definitely getting what you pay for. It was such a romantic and special environment that my boyfriend and I will be coming back every year for our anniversary. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotjess5395Dined on 11/15/2014Celebrated our one year anniversary! It was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAhasti1Dined on 11/15/2014The entire experience was amazing!!! The service was awesome. The food was amazing! The restsuraunt was beautiful and I would absolutely go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice waitstaff! But very slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014Had to remind server to bring lobster bisque and one steak was over done and had to be sent back. Not a very pleasant meal when one person is not eating and the rest of us are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ATNT1996Dined on 11/14/2014My husbands employer sent us the Grand Geneva for the weekend. We loved the Chophouse. My husband had the ribeye and I had the filet. Both were excellent, cooked perfectly. The side dishes are served family style so you can share them. Scallops are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jerryDined on 11/10/2014service was excellent. Angela was a wonderful server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscalefamilydinerDined on 11/10/2014We enjoyed the food very much. It was a quiet place to be able to talk & enjoy the atmosphere. The only downside was that the dinner was long, although we were well attended to, it was a 2 hour dining experience. I felt it to be much too long especially with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014My friend and I were attending a class at the hotel and are here on a Sunday night. The view of the back of the hotel stunning at sunset. Our dinner was timely and pleasing to the palate. The restaurant is consistently great food and service,I have dined here several times in the last few years and it still shines. Ps..there is also a bar located next door and it was quiet enough during dinner time, you don't really notice it's there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib EntreeheronDined on 11/9/2014Both prime rib entrees apparently came from the same cut because both were very tough although cooked to order. The manager comped both meals which was very generous on his part. We will continue to dine here for our special occasions.Special Features:
- Family celebrationFamily5Dined on 11/9/2014My family of five come here to celebrate. Great food. Great service. We always have a good time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girlsnightout1Dined on 11/8/2014Excellent food and service. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014This was a great restaurant for us to celebrate our anniversary. Food was absolutely delicious. Setting was great as well.Special Features:
- Chop HouseChopHouseDiningDined on 10/26/2014The menu, wine list, service and atmosphere, all combined for a fantastic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost its lusterTroutmask23Dined on 10/25/2014The property is spectacular! I have been visiting here since it was the Playboy Club. The Grand Geneva was a great "local" resort. The chop house has been better in the past but there a few constant reminders of why it is just so so. First the wine list is always very nice, wish they actually had what they promise. My last 4 visits, 4 times, not in the "inventory". The service this last time was all about selling. I get it, that is what they are hired to do, but maybe a little more suttle. Lastly, the service staff served us from wherever it was convenient, even a two handed take away over my two kids heads almost spilling their plates! I think we were over charged, especially when you consider all the points they came up short.Special Features:
- Excellent choice for anniversaryMKEPartyof2Dined on 10/24/2014We decided to spend the night at the Grand Geneva to celebrate our anniversary and chose the Chophouse based on the reviews we had seen. It did not disappoint. Though the hostess gave a poor first impression, the manager and our waiter made up for it. Plus, the food was amazing. We will definitely be coming back to dine again in the near future.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We chose the Chophouse to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary and it was amazing. It is pricey but the food and service were well worth it. The filet and prime rib were Devine and the trio of sides were delicious. To top the meal off we got the creme brûlée..heavenly. The service was great and they made us feel special in helping us celebrate. I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The steaks here are excellent. Rival the best steakhouses in Chicago at 2/3 the price. Not cheap, but a great value. We travel from the Chicago Suburbs to eat here instead of eating locally for this reason.Special Features:
- Great experience!TCmanDined on 10/18/2014Great food with a great view!! The service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Steaks were awesome! Loved the New York Strip! Tuna app was mediocre at best, service was goid but really fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate your meal...for any eventABdinerDined on 10/12/2014The Chop House never disappoints. The menu offers a selection for any type of eater. Every meal feels like a celebration. An absolute favorite. Our server went to another in-house restaurant for a bottle of wine not on the Chop House wine list. One guest's tuna was grainy and hard to cut but was replaced with another meal option immediately. That's why I gave the food a 4 star rating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/12/2014Never disappointed. Pricey but worth it. Reservation is a good idea.Special Features:
- mallorypiontDined on 10/12/2014We dined at Geneva Chophouse twice during our weekend at the Grand Geneva. The first time was for dinner and the food was amazing. We couldn't have had a better experience. The second time was for the brunch buffet. Unfortunately, the food was not as good the second time around. Nothing on the buffet line was very hot. The food was lukewarm and so was the coffee. Although the service was great each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting betterStJohnDined on 10/11/2014This was the second time dining at the Geneva Chophouse and it keeps getting better. The service was excellent, the food was great and the view was spectacular. I would highly recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014It was perfect! A very nice place to dine. The food and service was excellent! We had a perfect dinner!Special Features:
- WaitedLisaDined on 10/5/2014The only problem was that we waited a half hour for our table as did many other people wait, we noted. Just a portion of the tables were being used to fit the staff working that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Amazing! Loved the dinner and service was phenomenal! We had a great time and will definitely be back next year.Special Features:
- BKKOCTOBERDined on 10/4/2014The Chophouse food was excellent, and the service was great. The servers were very attentive and pleasant. My daughters and I dined here for our October birthdays, and we each received a rose--a great touch! It is a little pricey, but would certainly dine here again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014The next time that i come to the Grand Geneva Resort I plan to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 Year AnniversaryEccentricPoliteClassyGentDined on 10/4/2014My girlfriend and I decided to plan a trip to celebrate dating for one year, and we set our eyes on Lake Geneva. This is one of the nicest restaurants I have ever been in, and although it was certainly the most expensive meal I have ever paid for, it was certainly worth it. I understand young people can be rude, but our waitress (possibly the hostess) was not so keen on our company. We were the youngest couple there. My girlfriend had some white wine and chicken, and I, a root beer and pork chops. The food was excellent. The waitress seemed to resent us being there. It almost seemed as though she assumed we would not pay for the whole meal, which we did, or tip very well. We tipped 10%, and would have tipped 15%, if she were not so rude.Special Features:
- Excellent food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014All the courses were excellent.....portions were very generous... Steaks were tender and done to perfection....we have put it on our list of places to dine againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChophouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Had a wonderful dinner. Our server was great, very knowledgeable. The food was amazing.Special Features:
- Very impressedMarleyandMeDined on 9/22/2014The food was delicious, the atmosphere was comfortable, and the staff were all amazing. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful. My husband and I went to celebrate our anniversary and I'm so glad we chose the Chophouse. The food was cooked well. We both had steaks and they were both prepared perfectly. The prices are on the high side, at least what we are used to, but this place seems to be a more "special occasion" type of restaurant vs an everyday type. it was especially handy since we were staying at the Grand Geneva so it was a quick walk. I was very impressed overall and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectTakua08Dined on 9/21/2014We love the Sunday brunch that is where my son wanted to celebrate his 18th birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday Brunch!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Took the family to the Chophouse for a delicious Sunday brunch!! It was absolutely delicious...enjoyed every moment! Staff was great..view was great..overall experience...excellent........we will be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just right...luv2golfDined on 9/20/2014Recently celebrated 25th wedding anniversary. Wife loves to dine outdoors, me...not so much. Outdoor became available first (8:30 reservation). Big win! Fire pit, lit fountains on golf course pond, live music, great food...perfect. Made me look like I knew what I was doing. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingpartyof4Dined on 9/20/2014The steak was difficult to cut. The portion size of the side items was small. We had to move to a new table because the neighboring table was too loud for our party to hear each other in conversation. Getting refills on drinks took 20 minutes.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014Best wedge salad ever! Expansive menu and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurpriseddinesoutDined on 9/13/2014I am a restaurant manager, which unfortunately tends to alter my view of other places when dining out and doesn't always allow my to enjoy the experience as much. I attended as an anniversary celebration dinner and The Chophouse exceeded my expectations, which can be difficult to do. They offered far more than a good meal, which a lot of places forget to do. The entire experience was lovely, the steak was very good, service (not only by the server but support staff too) was just right. It was a memorable evening and I would certainly return!Special Features:
- Great dining experience!!RnalheidDined on 9/13/2014Dined here for a special occasion and everything was first class. Service was exceptional. Our steaks were cooked to perfection and melt in your mouth yummy! We purchased fine Cabernet by the glass and the serving size was very generous. Great view through the picture window and warm and intimate ambiance. I would most definitely recommend this restaurant to all fine diners and will come here myself again very soon.Special Features:
- GaryandKateDined on 9/10/2014Food was delicious...After dinner, drinks and DJ were nice at club next door. Outdoor fire and view were perfect way to wind down. Only downside, too many business guests in hotel lobby and hallways. Very noisy while trying to enjoy a romantic anniversary dinner. Would not recommend for romantic evening but perfect for gathering with family/friends. Service was okay. Overall the evening was very nice. 3 out of 4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.