7036 Grand Geneva Way
Lake Geneva, WI 53147Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chophouse411.com/Geneva
- Phone: 2622494788x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Sawin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In House Catering for Private Dining Available. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Celebrations, Reunions, Wedding Dinners and more. Our coordinator will work with you to cater a custom menu for your function to meet your needs.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment, dancing, and televised sporting events can be enjoyed in Evolve lounge adjacent to the Geneva ChopHouse. Enjoy a cocktail from our full service bar. Appetizers, sandwiches, and desserts are also available.
- Special Events: NEW Benedict Bar at Sunday Brunch
Build your own eggs benedict with a line of fresh, gourmet ingredients for the perfect start to your Sunday
A word from Geneva Chophouse
Geneva ChopHouse offers bold and distinctive flavors with steaks, seafood and style. Delivered daily from the finest purveyors of meat in Chicago, Geneva ChopHouse features the finest hand cut steaks and chops as well as an extensive wine list. With a wide assortment of side dishes big enough for two, Geneva ChopHouse offers an open kitchen where guests can view their meal being grilled and roasted. All served amid spectacular views of the Wisconsin countryside and the famed 18th hole on The Brute golf course. Your dining experience will be a culinary treat to remember.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Geneva Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Lake Geneva ›
Geneva Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (109)special occasion (108)romantic (78)great for outdoor dining (63)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (31)good for groups (30)great for brunch (20)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Birthday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Decided to take the drive and spend a few hours on site at the Grand Geneva starting with the Sunday brunch. The food was all fresh and the buffet tables were clean and well stocked. Great variety on entrees and sides. Nice homemade fruit crepes with fresh whipped cream. The crab legs were a treat! The wait staff did a terrific job in keeping the beverage glasses full and the plates were taken away quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited Menu and OK FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014Steaks, which are quite good, are the feature of the menu. Outside of the steaks, however, the other options are lacking in variety, quantity, creativity, and flavor. At least 3 of the 7 or so sides are potato dishes, and at least 2 of the 7 are vegetables. None of the options really pop. So, I opted for the Caesar salad with grilled chicken. The traditional Caesar doesn't come with croutons, the greens are limp, the cheese is sparse, and the dressing is hard to find in the dish. The chicken was charred on the outside, somewhat dry on the inside, and lacked flavor.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/29/2014The Chop House is a must stop whenever we are up in Lake Geneva staying at the Grand Geneva. We shared the swordfish and the stuffed pork chop (amazing) and our daughter enjoyed the salmon. Service is always attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MOLLYCAKESVIPDined on 8/27/2014Service was incredibly slow. Three people, two courses, three hours.Special Features:
- Anniversary HitchOneIronDined on 8/25/2014We are new to the area so we decided to make it a double clutch: the spa for a massage and then the Geneva Chophouse. It is a nice room, a little noisy but mostly in a good vibe way. Our service was very friendly and professional and the food was excellent. We were never shown a wine list but the house wines by the glass were upscale so we went with one of those selections. We had one hitch, one of the steak orders was wrong, a filet instead of prime rib on the bone but the waiter recovered well and comp us some drinks and a desert to compensate for the oversight. Overall the experience was very good and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always incredible!TastefulDined on 8/23/2014We have dined at the Chop House half a dozen times over the past few years. We order the steaks and side dishes which have always been first rate. It's a real asset to the region. And BTW, Dan Trudell's jazz piano trio in the hotel lobby is also world class, -the icing on a very delicious cake!Special Features:
- Great food, ambiance & service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Dined here our last night at the Grand Geneva Resort (4 adults) - we had a fantastic evening - great way to close out the trip!! GREAT food and Michael, our server was absolutely FANTASTIC - pleasant, helpful and attentive (without being overbearing). Can't wait to return to the Geneva Chophouse on our next trip to Lake Geneva!Special Features:
- must eat restaurantlolasmomDined on 8/22/2014This is a must eat restaurant. The steaks were perfection. The sides were great too. They were big enough fit two or three people to share. I would go back for a date night. I would also recommend to a friend. But it's not kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food critigueluvtheviewDined on 8/18/2014My wife's prime rib was a little grisly and lacked flavor. The brussel sprouts were kind of hard, they could have been cooked a bit longer. My rib eye steak was very good. The rest of the food was very good as well. My wife and I were celebrating our 37th anniversary so the waitress brought us a little desert to share which was very thoughtful. We sat outside and really enjoyed the view and our time together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticnonameDined on 8/17/2014Incredible food, view, and service. I would highly recommend to anyone in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchBrunchersDined on 8/17/2014We both enjoyed the wonderful selection of healthy foods like steamed vegetables, fruits, salads (even one with quinoa!), smoked fish, chilled asparagus, shrimp, prime rib, and of course the mimosas. There was too much to try everything. Mini desserts were awesome too, Even the coffee was great. We did not even get to the breakfast foods, but they sure looked good. We will go backSpecial Features:
- Steak in lake GenevaTrevsterDined on 8/16/2014The chophouse experience was overall a good one. The Restraunt itself is part of the grand Geneva, so you have to walk through there to get to it. Food was good, avg drink price was $10. Steak avg $40, without sides. Did come prepared as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014Our food from steak to salmon was excellent. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundIeatIamVIPDined on 8/15/2014One of the top restaurant experiences we have had. The staff was very accommodating and was able to get us a table outside for our anniversary. We had a nice and quiet table overlooking the golf course. Julie was a fantastic server she knew her stuff and was even able to find some candles for us as it was starting to get dark during our meal. A great classic steak house, the food was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor spotGroupLunchDined on 8/15/2014We ate outside on a lovey evening. It might get warm but otherwise, very nice.Special Features:
- Tomtom1Dined on 8/11/2014This was our third visit to the Geneva Chophouse and we have always been very pleased. The dining room has a real comfortable feeling, the view looking over the golf course and river is very relaxing, and the food was just wonderful. My wife and I both had a steak that was cooked perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food need better servicestargazer3Dined on 8/10/2014the hostess was new and A little impolite. The wait staff seemed short handed and were running around and seemed put off because they were so busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geneva Chop HouseSpidyDined on 8/9/2014We requested a seat by the window for our anniversary dinner. We got that with beautiful view of the woods and a fountain. We also found red rose petals on our table and were greeted with an warm "Happy Anniversary" by our server. All that and an amazing dinner. The food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TommyTommyDined on 8/7/2014An excellent place to celebrate my wife's birthday, but excellent at any time and for no reason at all. It would be hard not to enjoy the food and all that surrounds it.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerCHollowDined on 8/3/2014The Filet just melts in your mouth - it was amazing! Ordering the Pick 3 for the Sides is a great idea...you can sample of 3 different sides and its enough to share with someone else. Treated us very nice for our anniversary celebration.Special Features:
- Chop House Brunchlisa77Dined on 8/3/2014We went to the Sunday brunch. I was disappointed when I didn't see a benedicts bar like the website stated there would be. Other than that the food was very good. A lot to choose from. Meats, omelets, sweets, shrimp, crab legs etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!david328VIPDined on 8/2/2014After many visits, we can conclude that Geneva Chophouse is always a great experience. From the food, service and drinks, we have always come away satisfied and planning our return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningAmagDined on 8/1/2014The food was spectacular and service was wonderful. Had a magical evening!Special Features:
- Great Experience all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014My wife and I have always had a great experience at Geneva Chophouse each time we've dined there. Service is always prompt, kind, and very helpful. Most recently we celebrated our first year anniversary and were treated to a complimentary dessert and coffee. The steak was exquisite as was the grouper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyZzzTheDayDined on 7/31/2014At a steak house I had the salmon and my partner had the grouper. SO...while they were good they were not the specialty of the house. Everything looked good and service was pretty good. It is not a quiet meal. View from the windows is excellent (about 6 tables) and it was a great night to watch a storm move through. Inside the Grand Geneva Resort, so a great value it is not. We had superb steak the night before at Merrill's and Houston's in Beloit, IL - that was great steak and a great value.Special Features:
- Geneva Chop HouseMrwattVIPDined on 7/30/2014We have been to the chop house several times. We even may go there when not staying at the Grand Geneva, because of the ambiance and lovely setting. This time, however, we were quite disappointed in the food. I ordered a dry aged rib eye medium rare. What I received was a very plain rib eye done medium to done. The taste was not what I had come to expect from the chop house. My wife's filet was a bit over done and chewy as well. I must say the service was outstanding and the view, as always, marvelous. I was just very disappointed in the meal preparation.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014The food was wonderful and the staff attentive and helpful! We sat outside and the view was beautiful!Special Features:
- Great GemSwiftyDined on 7/26/2014We love that this restaurant is so convenien towhere we live,any time we need to celebrate something special we can get here easily. Great food and wonderful service!!Special Features:
- Our entire evening was Fabulous.JoJoDined on 7/23/2014Wonderful place to celebrate an anniversary. Everything was so so so so so nice. Great Great Great Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened here?GGregularDined on 7/22/2014After coming to the Chop House for many years we had heard the food quality had taken a turn for the worse so decided to see for ourselves. The rumors were right. They couldn't get anything right from the tonic in the drinks that tasted like soda to the prime rib that had been reheated to the Luke warm double baked. Stay away till they get this fixed as they clearly have big issues inn the kitchen. On a side note the usually pristine gardens were littered with weeds and bare spots. Very out of character for Grand Geneva.
- Steak good but Lobster over cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014I would recommend the Steak. My lobster was way over cooked and rubbery on the endsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014I thought if you reserved a table, you would get a better table. People who didn't reserve got better tables. We were stuck in the back by the door.
- Off nightloverichfoodVIPDined on 7/13/2014It seems that the Geneva Chophouse should be a great restaurant. However, I did not experience this during my visit. My family and I dined at the same time as a large party, and our service and dining experience suffered as a result. We waited an hour for our entrees, most of our food arrived cold, our steak and seafood were overcooked, and our server disappeared for long periods of time. We were told we got "caught behind a large party", but no apologies (or anything else) were offered in consolation. Very disappointing. On the flip side, my kids were fascinated by the chef cooking the steaks (the kitchen is open to the dining room and can be viewed by pratons). He provided them great entertainment during our long wait.Special Features:
- Serviceromanticweekend3Dined on 7/12/2014Our waiter forgot about us prior to the main course. Other service representatives picked up the slack very well regarding all of our needs. We figured he was hired for the summer and somewhat inexperienced even though he tried to portray otherwise as we conversed with him regarding the food dishes, wine, applying gift certificates. Overall we were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food could be betterpaulkatDined on 7/9/2014The ambiance, service and view are wonderful. We were disappointed in the food. Warm rolls were delicious, but the prime rib and veggies, while good, could and should be so much better considering the high prices. I hope they up their game because we'd love to go back.Special Features:
- Great experienceSJD6776Dined on 7/8/2014We have honestly never had a bad experience at Geneva Chophouse. The staff, the food...everything is top notch! The filets were cooked as ordered, our trio of sides (lobster mac & cheese, loaded baked potato & mashed potatoes) were delicious. Excellent wine selection. The Korean beef lettuce wraps were a good appetizer choice. Our server surprised us with a special birthday/anniversary dessert to cap off the evening. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for meat and seafood loversBrownieDined on 7/7/2014When you go to a restaurant with the name of Chops you were leery of getting anything but meat. But my salmon was perfectly done and had a delicious sauce. The person I was with had the veal chop and that was excellent also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak in slippingMADISONIANDined on 7/6/2014This was our second visit. The steak, unlike the first visit, was dried out and had visible black singes. NY strip is among the most flavorful steaks around. This time, it lacked flavor. Very disappointing, especially given the price. The shrimp entree was soupy and not nearly as succulent as shrimp can be. The wedge salad was perfect. The service was great. The view is great. Salads and service, however, can not make up for food that can only be described as "good."Special Features:
- Great views, food/service just OKMAPSLPDined on 7/5/2014Had a table by the window overlooking lake which was best part of experience. Our waitress was very friendly, and she had a large party at another table but she barely ever checked back, especially in the beginning to see if we wanted more drinks. Food was good but not great for the price, although the clam chowder was best any of us had ever had. One person in our party ordered a $45+ ribeye special and the steak was tough and full of gristle. They were offered a different steak or a salad ?? instead, which was kind of weird, but did provide free dessert. Glad that was free too, molten chocolate cake was tiny and sure not worth $10 menu price! Food was warm, not hot. Would consider going back but for lunch or brunch, probably not dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Beautiful restaurant. Service was punctual, but server could have been friendlier. My husbands 30plus dollar steak was overcooked. Was slightly embarrassed because we brought my husband's boss to this restaurant.Special Features: