7036 Grand Geneva Way
Lake Geneva, WI 53147Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chophouse411.com/Geneva
- Phone: 2622494788x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Sawin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In House Catering for Private Dining Available. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Celebrations, Reunions, Wedding Dinners and more. Our coordinator will work with you to cater a custom menu for your function to meet your needs.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment, dancing, and televised sporting events can be enjoyed in Evolve lounge adjacent to the Geneva ChopHouse. Enjoy a cocktail from our full service bar. Appetizers, sandwiches, and desserts are also available.
- Special Events: NEW Benedict Bar at Sunday Brunch
Build your own eggs benedict with a line of fresh, gourmet ingredients for the perfect start to your Sunday
A word from Geneva Chophouse
Geneva ChopHouse offers bold and distinctive flavors with steaks, seafood and style. Delivered daily from the finest purveyors of meat in Chicago, Geneva ChopHouse features the finest hand cut steaks and chops as well as an extensive wine list. With a wide assortment of side dishes big enough for two, Geneva ChopHouse offers an open kitchen where guests can view their meal being grilled and roasted. All served amid spectacular views of the Wisconsin countryside and the famed 18th hole on The Brute golf course. Your dining experience will be a culinary treat to remember.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Geneva Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Lake Geneva ›
Geneva Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)scenic view (111)romantic (95)great for outdoor dining (58)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (42)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (24)hot spot (12)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The steaks here are excellent. Rival the best steakhouses in Chicago at 2/3 the price. Not cheap, but a great value. We travel from the Chicago Suburbs to eat here instead of eating locally for this reason.Special Features:
- Great experience!TCmanDined on 10/18/2014Great food with a great view!! The service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Steaks were awesome! Loved the New York Strip! Tuna app was mediocre at best, service was goid but really fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate your meal...for any eventABdinerDined on 10/12/2014The Chop House never disappoints. The menu offers a selection for any type of eater. Every meal feels like a celebration. An absolute favorite. Our server went to another in-house restaurant for a bottle of wine not on the Chop House wine list. One guest's tuna was grainy and hard to cut but was replaced with another meal option immediately. That's why I gave the food a 4 star rating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/12/2014Never disappointed. Pricey but worth it. Reservation is a good idea.Special Features:
- mallorypiontDined on 10/12/2014We dined at Geneva Chophouse twice during our weekend at the Grand Geneva. The first time was for dinner and the food was amazing. We couldn't have had a better experience. The second time was for the brunch buffet. Unfortunately, the food was not as good the second time around. Nothing on the buffet line was very hot. The food was lukewarm and so was the coffee. Although the service was great each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting betterStJohnDined on 10/11/2014This was the second time dining at the Geneva Chophouse and it keeps getting better. The service was excellent, the food was great and the view was spectacular. I would highly recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014It was perfect! A very nice place to dine. The food and service was excellent! We had a perfect dinner!Special Features:
- WaitedLisaDined on 10/5/2014The only problem was that we waited a half hour for our table as did many other people wait, we noted. Just a portion of the tables were being used to fit the staff working that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Amazing! Loved the dinner and service was phenomenal! We had a great time and will definitely be back next year.Special Features:
- BKKOCTOBERDined on 10/4/2014The Chophouse food was excellent, and the service was great. The servers were very attentive and pleasant. My daughters and I dined here for our October birthdays, and we each received a rose--a great touch! It is a little pricey, but would certainly dine here again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014The next time that i come to the Grand Geneva Resort I plan to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 Year AnniversaryEccentricPoliteClassyGentDined on 10/4/2014My girlfriend and I decided to plan a trip to celebrate dating for one year, and we set our eyes on Lake Geneva. This is one of the nicest restaurants I have ever been in, and although it was certainly the most expensive meal I have ever paid for, it was certainly worth it. I understand young people can be rude, but our waitress (possibly the hostess) was not so keen on our company. We were the youngest couple there. My girlfriend had some white wine and chicken, and I, a root beer and pork chops. The food was excellent. The waitress seemed to resent us being there. It almost seemed as though she assumed we would not pay for the whole meal, which we did, or tip very well. We tipped 10%, and would have tipped 15%, if she were not so rude.Special Features:
- Excellent food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014All the courses were excellent.....portions were very generous... Steaks were tender and done to perfection....we have put it on our list of places to dine againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChophouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Had a wonderful dinner. Our server was great, very knowledgeable. The food was amazing.Special Features:
- Very impressedMarleyandMeDined on 9/22/2014The food was delicious, the atmosphere was comfortable, and the staff were all amazing. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful. My husband and I went to celebrate our anniversary and I'm so glad we chose the Chophouse. The food was cooked well. We both had steaks and they were both prepared perfectly. The prices are on the high side, at least what we are used to, but this place seems to be a more "special occasion" type of restaurant vs an everyday type. it was especially handy since we were staying at the Grand Geneva so it was a quick walk. I was very impressed overall and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectTakua08Dined on 9/21/2014We love the Sunday brunch that is where my son wanted to celebrate his 18th birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday Brunch!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Took the family to the Chophouse for a delicious Sunday brunch!! It was absolutely delicious...enjoyed every moment! Staff was great..view was great..overall experience...excellent........we will be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just right...luv2golfDined on 9/20/2014Recently celebrated 25th wedding anniversary. Wife loves to dine outdoors, me...not so much. Outdoor became available first (8:30 reservation). Big win! Fire pit, lit fountains on golf course pond, live music, great food...perfect. Made me look like I knew what I was doing. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingpartyof4Dined on 9/20/2014The steak was difficult to cut. The portion size of the side items was small. We had to move to a new table because the neighboring table was too loud for our party to hear each other in conversation. Getting refills on drinks took 20 minutes.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014Best wedge salad ever! Expansive menu and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurpriseddinesoutDined on 9/13/2014I am a restaurant manager, which unfortunately tends to alter my view of other places when dining out and doesn't always allow my to enjoy the experience as much. I attended as an anniversary celebration dinner and The Chophouse exceeded my expectations, which can be difficult to do. They offered far more than a good meal, which a lot of places forget to do. The entire experience was lovely, the steak was very good, service (not only by the server but support staff too) was just right. It was a memorable evening and I would certainly return!Special Features:
- Great dining experience!!RnalheidDined on 9/13/2014Dined here for a special occasion and everything was first class. Service was exceptional. Our steaks were cooked to perfection and melt in your mouth yummy! We purchased fine Cabernet by the glass and the serving size was very generous. Great view through the picture window and warm and intimate ambiance. I would most definitely recommend this restaurant to all fine diners and will come here myself again very soon.Special Features:
- GaryandKateDined on 9/10/2014Food was delicious...After dinner, drinks and DJ were nice at club next door. Outdoor fire and view were perfect way to wind down. Only downside, too many business guests in hotel lobby and hallways. Very noisy while trying to enjoy a romantic anniversary dinner. Would not recommend for romantic evening but perfect for gathering with family/friends. Service was okay. Overall the evening was very nice. 3 out of 4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014Very pleasant experience with a great view. My 81 year old parents enjoyed celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful celebration spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014Celebrated our anniversary at the Chophouse and were treated great! We were served champagne and a special dessert on the house. Highly recommend it to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatReturnvisitorDined on 9/5/2014We went here for our anniversary for the second year in a row. They have service down pat. Even gave my wife a rose and complimentary dessert which her fat butt didn't need. But oh well. Service was great! Food excellent. Bar scene after topped the night off. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Geneva Chophouse DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Went here for dinner during our short end of summer getaway to Lake Geneva. We were staying downtown but had stayed at this resort years ago and wanted to go back and see it again. The food was delicious, service was great and had a lovely view. The weather was perfect. All in all, a wonderful experience and will definitely be back. The open table reservations were easy to use as well.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceOutOnTheTownDined on 9/4/2014Our server was outstanding. Loved that she asked about food allergies. Quick service...great app and entree. We were celebrating a birthday and brought us a fabulous dessert on the house. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendwineloverDined on 9/3/2014When I'm spending $200 or $13 a drink I expect to have my server acknowledge when my glass is 2/3 empty and offer me another one. I don't like to or want to ask and try to get your attention for a refill. We sat outside which was awesome but, we were the first table right outside the door which had no overhead lightening and was never even offered a candle. It would have been much nicer at any of the other tables on the veranda. The heat and view from the fire pit below was perfect. Overall it was very nice! I have dined in other fine establishments and find that sometimes I can be a harsh critic simply because I am paying a lot of money and want to feel like I'm getting everything I am paying for. My pet peeves may not be someone else.Special Features:
- excellent foodkevbeefDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I booked room and dinner at Geneva for our anniversary and were very pleased with quality of food at Chop house. We've had steak at many restaurants and feel chop house was right up there with the best. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday brunchSueingurneeDined on 8/31/2014Decided to take the drive and spend a few hours on site at the Grand Geneva starting with the Sunday brunch. The food was all fresh and the buffet tables were clean and well stocked. Great variety on entrees and sides. Nice homemade fruit crepes with fresh whipped cream. The crab legs were a treat! The wait staff did a terrific job in keeping the beverage glasses full and the plates were taken away quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited Menu and OK FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014Steaks, which are quite good, are the feature of the menu. Outside of the steaks, however, the other options are lacking in variety, quantity, creativity, and flavor. At least 3 of the 7 or so sides are potato dishes, and at least 2 of the 7 are vegetables. None of the options really pop. So, I opted for the Caesar salad with grilled chicken. The traditional Caesar doesn't come with croutons, the greens are limp, the cheese is sparse, and the dressing is hard to find in the dish. The chicken was charred on the outside, somewhat dry on the inside, and lacked flavor.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/29/2014The Chop House is a must stop whenever we are up in Lake Geneva staying at the Grand Geneva. We shared the swordfish and the stuffed pork chop (amazing) and our daughter enjoyed the salmon. Service is always attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MOLLYCAKESVIPDined on 8/27/2014Service was incredibly slow. Three people, two courses, three hours.Special Features:
- Anniversary HitchOneIronDined on 8/25/2014We are new to the area so we decided to make it a double clutch: the spa for a massage and then the Geneva Chophouse. It is a nice room, a little noisy but mostly in a good vibe way. Our service was very friendly and professional and the food was excellent. We were never shown a wine list but the house wines by the glass were upscale so we went with one of those selections. We had one hitch, one of the steak orders was wrong, a filet instead of prime rib on the bone but the waiter recovered well and comp us some drinks and a desert to compensate for the oversight. Overall the experience was very good and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always incredible!TastefulDined on 8/23/2014We have dined at the Chop House half a dozen times over the past few years. We order the steaks and side dishes which have always been first rate. It's a real asset to the region. And BTW, Dan Trudell's jazz piano trio in the hotel lobby is also world class, -the icing on a very delicious cake!Special Features:
- Great food, ambiance & service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Dined here our last night at the Grand Geneva Resort (4 adults) - we had a fantastic evening - great way to close out the trip!! GREAT food and Michael, our server was absolutely FANTASTIC - pleasant, helpful and attentive (without being overbearing). Can't wait to return to the Geneva Chophouse on our next trip to Lake Geneva!Special Features:
- must eat restaurantlolasmomDined on 8/22/2014This is a must eat restaurant. The steaks were perfection. The sides were great too. They were big enough fit two or three people to share. I would go back for a date night. I would also recommend to a friend. But it's not kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food critigueluvtheviewDined on 8/18/2014My wife's prime rib was a little grisly and lacked flavor. The brussel sprouts were kind of hard, they could have been cooked a bit longer. My rib eye steak was very good. The rest of the food was very good as well. My wife and I were celebrating our 37th anniversary so the waitress brought us a little desert to share which was very thoughtful. We sat outside and really enjoyed the view and our time together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.