Genesee Grande - 1060 Restaurant
1060 E Genesee St
Syracuse, NY 13210Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Genesee Grande - 1060 Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1060restaurant.com/
- Phone: 3154769000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday: 6:30am - 2:00pm, Sunday: 7:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Grainger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Genesee Grande can accommodate anything from smaller intimate gatherings to the largest celebrations! Please contact our sales department for room availability and menu options.
- Private Party Contact: Jodi O'key 3157014310x
- Entertainment: Every "Wine" Wednesday The 1060 Restaurant showcases featured wines and live music from 5:30PM-8:30PM in our bar and lounge area.
- Cross Street: University Avenue
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is free to hotel and restaurant guests in the lot located behind the hotel, space subject to availability and is first come first serve basis. Valet service is available upon request from one of our helpful bellman or at the front desk. Additional street parking is available.
A word from Genesee Grande - 1060 Restaurant
Come experience Syracuse's best in upscale-casual dining! Whether you are looking to unwind with a burger and a beer or impress with our signature Chilean Seabass and a glass of wine from our award winning wine list, The 1060 Restaurant has something for everyone! (Please note: Our weekend Brunch is not a buffet, The Weekender Menu is an a la carte style menu offering both breakfast and lunch items)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Genesee Grande - 1060 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
notable wine list (8)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (5)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great as alwaysLgitterDined on 8/26/2014My favorite place to have dinner or drinks in Syracuse.Special Features:
- CluelesskaygelaVIPDined on 8/24/2014The dining room was very quiet with just one or two other tables occupied.After 45 minutes from the time we placed our order,my husband inquired what was taking so long.He was told by another server, other than our own, that she thought our food went to another table.Within moments, our waiter appeared at our table holding orders that were clearly not ours.A nearby table suddenly realized they had been eating our food (which was strange because our orders were not that much alike).Our waiter stood there aghast and was only able to say "I'm speechless". We paid for our coffees and left and ate elsewhere.Clearly no one was watching to make sure the proper food went to the proper tables and the other server, who did seem to know, kept quiet.
- The devil of conveniencevisitornycVIPDined on 8/15/2014I am not sure when a site suggests reservations and on arriving there are 100 empty tables. Granted, school was not in session and the diners seemed to be bachelor professors. The onion soup starter was the highlight of the meal. I followed that with a grilled flank steak salad. How can you mess up salad? They did by topping it with stale crispy things I couldn't decipher. I tried my best to segregate them to a single corner of the salad. The rest of the salad was quite pedestrian. My husband ordered a crab and cheddar dip, which just the thought of made me shiver. I did taste it and indeed shivered. Did not seem to bother my husband. He had chicken Chardonnay, turned out to be chicken cutlet. He felt cheated. Meh
- Good food and serviceGerryDined on 8/8/2014Dined outside, though table we chose not the most convenient for eating. Rather quiet until patio filled with wedding guests for a while. I do not know what the ambiance was inside the dining room, but most guests were there. The food portions were plentiful and tasty and service friendly and competent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysLgitterDined on 7/23/2014Thank you for excellent food and service. Enjoy it every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricey, but delicious!coleen114Dined on 7/17/2014The sea bass is outstanding as was the filet with shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!!GinaRDined on 6/23/2014We had our wedding reception here and we come back each year and it feels just as special with the impeccable service and outstanding menu!!!! We are always pleased :) thank you for making our anniversary each year feel just as special as our wedding day <3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 18 reviews are from the Genesee Grande - 1060 Restaurant reviews archive.
- Hotel RestaurantFoodiefreakDined on 4/30/2014The food was very very good, I am not sure people are aware of how good the food was, very quiet since this restaurant is in a Hotel. The chef is very good.Special Features:
- Reunion dinner for twoTomTDined on 4/2/2014Arrived at reservation time and were promptly greeted and seated. The food choices were diverse as well as the wine list. The selections made met or exceeded expectations. Staff service was first rate and contributed to the overall enjoyment. I would certainly recommend this restaurant for those looking for a first rate dining experience in the Syracuse area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good hotel restaurantLocalfoodieDined on 2/14/2014Food was good, but not outstanding. Restaurant is open to hotel traffic, so not a lot of intimacy, but still good ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceinfrequentdinerDined on 2/8/2014My wife and I had a date night given to us that included dinner and a show. The restaurant is a short block and a half walk to Syracuse Stage easily negotiated on a sidewalk cleared of snow. For dinner I had filet mignon with mashed sweet potatoes and sauteed spinach. Substitutions were accommodated with a pleasant smile from Liz, our waitress. My wife had sea bass with champagne herb risotto and roasted garlic and baby spinach. We had a bottle of Campo Viejo red wine. The meals were brought in a very timely manner and everything was cooked to perfection. My wife had the peppermint creme brulee for dessert and the only negative to the whole evening was the thickness of the top sugar crust on the dessert. It was a little much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBartoDined on 1/29/2014I planned a nice piece of fish.... Thrilled to have blackened grilled tofu! Service was spot on.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantasticdefenderKhrisDined on 1/16/20141st time for dinner @ the restaurant. The menu selection was great. we got 1 appetizer (crab cakes!)....oh la-la! Tasted like home...Baltimore. The dinner entres was even better...I loved my brown butter asparagus with my steak. I have never had asparagus taste so good. The steak was cooked to perfection. The meal was filling. Desert...we ended up w/ leftovers as we were all filled from the main meal. Oh, BTW, the server was the best from the. Pleasant and friendly... The prices are very reasonable for the meal. We enjoyed the dinner, the ambiance and overall experienceSpecial Features:
- New Years GemMBR1Dined on 12/31/2013The 1060 Restaurant at The Genesee Grand is a great place to take your spouse or a large group to dinner. The Lounge has a great atmosphere with high back chairs for a nice private dinner for 2 , or what could be up to 8-10 in the main room. Good service, great food, and plenty of parking behind make this a top choice for Downtown Dining!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable MealSUdinerDined on 12/17/2013Office holiday luncheon for 6 - sat us at a table in front of the fireplace. Small menu, but diverse enough to suit the six of us. Lunch pace was easy. Didn't feel rushed at all. Overall very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before a showJimDDined on 12/13/2013It was a little hit and miss on the food, a steak was badly overcooked and the chicken dish was just bland. Two of us ordered the specials for the evening and the food was great. The tempiture of the potatos and other sided could have been warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnerSamanthaDined on 11/28/2013We had Thanksgiving dinner here and it was great! Food was delicious (try the brown rolls), the ambiance was like a grand resort hotel and the service was excellent (our server was Jeremy, and he was wonderful to us and our children). I would definitely recommend this to others and we will in all likelihood be returning next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Meal To RememberFoodPassionista29Dined on 11/28/2013We had our Thanksgiving Day meal here and it was outstanding. It's 2 days later and I'm still talking about the Brussels sprouts prepared in garlic & bacon with Dijon butter. The service and atmosphere paralleled the meal from start to finish. If you haven't eaten here and you consider yourself any kind of epicurean then this should be next on your list of places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2013This is a nice restaurant with a pleasant atmosphere but the food was really mediocre. Sauteed greens were inedible, steak was overcooked, underseasoned and rather expensive! "snickers" brulee was so dense; our mistake for ordering something that logically sounds odd. Better food and value at many restaurants in A mory square.Special Features:
- Birthday let downAnitaVIPDined on 10/12/2013The staff was lovely, friendly. My reservation stated that it was my birthday. Someone came over and told me to order dessert because they wanted to treat me for my birthday (we were staying in the hotel too) yet when the cake came to the table the waitress didn't put a candle in the cake and didn't acknowledge my birthday. When I asked her why there wasn't a candle she said that the restaurant doesn't do that any more and that I should have requested a candle when I arrived. I should have been warned that they don't celebrate birthdays. Why discuss my birthday and then with hold the one tradition that is supposed to light up the dessert, put a smile on your face, or make a wish come true? I understand not singing, but no candle? Wierd.Special Features:
- Cozy, yummy, ahhhhh.....RestonVIPDined on 10/5/2013What a nice place to enjoy a great meal! My husband I both had fish (sea bass and salmon) and enjoyed our dinners and our starters (onion soup and Caesar salad). The carrot cake for desert was a nice way to end the meal. The wine list was very thorough and very well priced. The service was spectacular (the server brought me my salmon, put it down in front of me then quickly swept it away because it was overdone. The manager came by, apologized, and a new plate with the salmon done correctly appeared ASAP). The ambiance is wonderful. The restaurant itself is nicely appointed (comfy chairs!) and is just off of a very classy and cozy bar with soft leather chairs and a great fireplace. We will be back the next time we are in Syracuse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in SyracuseKennyGDined on 8/7/2013We ate at the 1060 Bistro following my daughter acceptacne to med school. It was convienient and centrally located. Everyone was great and the food was outstanding. We orded the house sparkling wine which was liked by all. It was not outstanding but was fine! The food came quick and everone liked there meal. Not much more we would have asked for. We would definately go to the 1060 again and hopefuloy be able to sit outside on a nice warm night! Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & Friendly Stafflwwill7999Dined on 6/17/2013My wife and I have been to the 1060 Restaurant at the Genesee Grande many times over the past couple years. Even though we live about an hour's drive away, we make the drive for dinner when we are looking for something special and do not want the typical chain restaurant fare. Being in Syracuse is also a plus, as it gives us an opportunity to do some shopping while in town :-) The food is always excellent, and we have tried many of their menu choices. The Daily Specials are always something interesting, and we often give them a try as well, ordering one special and one regular menu item and then sharing the two plates. Fantastic Food, wonderful and friendly staff, well worth the visit for dinner, or even lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GENESEE GRAND 1060 WAY OVER PRICEDPAULIEB1Dined on 6/13/2013Don't waste your money... This place is WAAAAY overpriced. $ 19.00 for Fish & Chips!! Get real...No better than the diner which gets $ 7.00 for the same thing.. We won't be back!
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013My wife and I had a wonderful experience at 1060. Our dinner was amazing. I had the filet mignon and it melted in my mouth. When the manager found out we were there for a special occasion, he gave us a complimentary dessert. Great food, great service, we'll be back!Special Features: