230 S Main St
Galena, IL 61036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.desotohouse.com/
- Phone: 8157770090
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tim Heinze
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Linda Wickler directly for any catering inquiries
- Private Party Facilities: Four additional meeting rooms are available, with capabilities ranging from 10-40 people. From start to finish our professional staff pays close attention to detail and insures the service you expect.
- Private Party Contact: Linda Wickler 8157776816
- Entertainment: Featuring the piano playing of Aaron Alexander every Saturday evening.
A word from Generals
Generals' Restaurant is named in honor of Galena's nine Civil War Generals. Our menu features many house made specialties as well as hand cut steaks and seafood. Join us and enjoy Historic ambiance that boasts original Galena brick and beamed ceilings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Generals - Best Restaurants in Galena ›
Generals reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (2)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- QuietDined on 8/30/2014Food was very good. Place was decorated very nice and was a little hard to find. Also was a very quiet for a Saturday evening. We were the only ones dining the whole while we were there. Upside was we had a piano player all to ourselves and he was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve Orland Park ILSteveNDined on 8/22/2014The service was very good, we sat next to the wall where the Lady in Black disappears. This is more of a family oriented restaurant. Wine list is very limited. The Walleye is delicious, pass on the bison ribeye. I had to send it back. Overall a good place.
- The GeneraldianeDined on 8/9/2014Lovely place for a quiet dinner with friends. Food is quite reasonably priced for a restaurant in a touristy town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 4 reviews are from the Generals reviews archive.
- Nice but lacks ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Food was very good but I didn't really like the atmosphere. I felt like I was in the basement of the hotel (and we were) and the dining areas were separated into rooms which was a bit strange.Special Features:
- Great getaway placeluvgoodfoodDined on 4/5/2014We live in Des Moines, IA and frequently visit Galena. We love Galena and all its shops and restaurants. This is the third time we have eaten at Generals. It is our favorite restaurant in Galena. My husband is a history buff and so loves the ambience of the theme of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Unexpected pleasure!MickDined on 2/15/2014The mood was romantic. Having stayed at the Desoto House Hotel many times we usually trekked to one of the other establishments downtown for dinner but chose The General this time instead, and were pleasantly surprised! Great food, and excellent service all the while being entertained by the Pianist at hand that evening providing a great selection of jazz standards and requests. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valetine DelightakconnectionDined on 2/14/2014I selected the Generals through Open Table because it was easy to make reservations online and I liked that. As a result we were seated immediately and all our dining needs were met enthusiastically. They had a special to commemerate the evening and it was a well domne event. Thanks for helping to make the holiday and my 5th anniversary a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.