General Warren Inne
9 Old Lancaster Road
Malvern, PA 19355Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
General Warren Inne
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.generalwarren.com/
- Phone: 6102963637x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Happy Hour 4:30 to 6:30 Mon- Fri featuring 1/2 price draft beer, $5 wines, 1/2 price tavern menu. Guests suites available seven nights a week. Private parties and wedding ceremonies/receptions for 50 to 150 guests can be hosted Saturday afternoons or anytime Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Fahey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All catering for on-site functions only. Three Private dining rooms for groups of 15 to 60, plus the four-seasons Springhouse Terrace for cocktail receptions and wedding ceremonies. Reserving the entire inn for parties of 50 to 150 available. General Warren Inne specializes in custom functions including cocktail parties with food stations, carving stations and butler hors d'oeuvre service, in addition to our award winning white cloth table service. Your event can be tailored to be formal or casual, based on your needs. Please contact a function planner at 610 296.3637 or email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Step through our door and experience classic 18th century charm and hospitality blended with modern American cuisine. Join us for your next special occasion or corporate event. With three private dining rooms and the Springhouse Terrace, we can accommodate groups of 15 to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 6102963637x
- Entertainment: In THE WARREN TAVERN: Thursdays: Live Music from 6 to 10 pm with special drink and food pricing. To see schedule of upcoming talent, visit website, call or e-mail us.
HAPPY HOUR(S) Monday-Friday 4:30 - 6:30 featuring HALF Price drafts, $5 wines, HALF Price Tavern menu items
- Special Events: Happy Hour 4:30 to 6:30 Mon- Fri featuring 1/2 price draft beer, $5 wines, 1/2 price tavern menu items.... Dinner / Suite / Breakfast Packages, starting at only $175 per couple.
- Cross Street: Warren Avenue
- Public Transit: Local SEPTA R-5 Regional Rail transit and Amtrak service 1 mile from inn. Advance taxi service reservations required. Call us for assistance, 610 296.3637
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Ample free parking on property. Complimentary Valet Parking on busy nights.
A word from General Warren Inne
Historic 1745 Country Inn featuring American-Continental Cuisine with a contemporary flair, table-side prepared specialties at dinner, attentive service amid charming candlelit dining rooms, all with working fireplaces. Home of "The Warren Tavern", featuring a lite fare menu or the full menu, all available without reservations. Happy Hour 4:30 to 6:30 Mon- Fri featuring 1/2 price draft beer, $5 wines, 1/2 price tavern menu. Full bar and extensive International wine list. Outdoor dining at "The Springhouse Terrace", available all year-round for cocktail parties, receptions and intimate weddings and receptions. Three private party rooms for 15 to 60 guests, eight elegant guests suites for overnight stays, including a served continental breakfast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
General Warren Inne - Best Restaurants in Malvern ›
General Warren Inne reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (50)neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (19)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (14)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- This is not "fast food"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food is very good, but takes a while to be served. Reservations were for 7:30pm and our order was taken promptly, but our food wasn't served until about 9:10pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingYumYumVIPDined on 9/25/2014It had been several years since I'd dined at this charming venue and was looking forward to an enjoyable evening. Menu items were off season with some strange combinations for starters. Service was erratic at best and the food mediocre at a fairly high price point. Will not be in a hurry to return even with the totally lovely setting.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerdelightedDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I enjoyed a delicious meal with outstanding service from our friendly waitress. We were celebrating our anniversary, and from start to finish, it was the perfect way to celebrate and spend time together. We ordered two different green salads, mushroom tacos and beef wellington ~ all of which were wonderful. We topped it off with two delicious desserts, which were not needed, but just too tempting to resist! Had the weather been a little warmer, we would have requested dining in the outdoor patio area which looked beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WomderfulWilllarVIPDined on 9/20/2014Top notch resturant. Great food , great service. Excellent establishment for special occassions.Special Features:
- What Happened?TomZVIPDined on 9/16/2014Something changed Food not hot and bland New chef?
- JustfortheHalibut01Dined on 9/16/2014Appetizer and dinners were excellent. The coconut cheesecake dessert was dry and lacked flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambience of an old InneLOUYDined on 9/13/2014Enjoy eating in the bar, but different rooms have different ambiences, all in the old Inne atmosphere Service was excellent. The 6 oz. filet was acceptable but not as tender as I have had elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RitaRitaDined on 9/13/2014We usually have a wonderful experience here, but not this past weekend. The waiter was inattentive in the extreme. We had to send the dessert brownie back because it was inedibly hard and impossible to cut. They did make a substitution, but we were embarrassed because the people dining with us were our guests. The restaurant did not 'comp' us the dessert either. The waiter never inquired how the meal was nor did he ask if we wanted more wine. We had to ask another person to send our waiter 3 times in the course of the meal, which is certainly unacceptable.Special Features:
- Always FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014enjoyed a wonderful evening with the family at GWI. Drinks, food and atmosphere was outstanding. Renovations in progress (in the adjoining room) did not deter from our most pleasant experience. Service was first class.Special Features:
- wcnativeDined on 9/6/2014We'd been here before and thought of this lovely inn for my birthday dinner. It was just the two of us and we enjoyed our evening very much. Quiet table in the corner with a view of the lawn and gardens. Very nice wine selection, prompt service but never rushed, great seasonal special additions to the menu. Everything was delicious. We will look forward to another relaxing and enjoyable meal there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a re-visitOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/30/2014We were pleased to be in one of the recently renovated dining rooms. Very nice atmosphere, and updated menu offers great selections. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014A favorite restaurant of ours and it did not disappointSpecial Features:
- Good but CloseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday at The Gen. Warren Inne on Saturday night. The food was excellent, as was the service. Construction is underway, so we could not really appreciate the beauty of the building. My only complaint is that the tables are very close together and we heard everyone's conversation.Special Features:
- Very nice dinnerMarkDined on 8/30/2014Everything about the food and service was great. Renovations in the room next to ours detracted from the ambiance as well as the odd music selection, xm satellite radio with commercials playing top twenty hits wasnt very enjoyable. Still a really nice dinner and I'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful outdoor areaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014My husband and I went to dinner with two other couples and enjoyed an evening of eating outside in the quaint "back porch" area. There were several new Vegan small plate options on the menu which I tried. They were spectacular. Several in the group ordered fish dishes which they enjoyed. One of our diners ordered the famous pork chop and was not disappointed.Special Features:
- General Warren InnGoodDined on 8/28/2014It was great overall. Everyone's meal was great. I had the crab cake. I thought it was ok. It was on the bland side. I expected more at the GW, but the Caesar salad was excellent as was the rib eye and filet mignon. It's a nice intimate dining experience. The service was great.Special Features:
- GreatNiteDocPCDined on 8/28/2014We were celebrating our 5th Wedding Anniversary and even though the dinning room was undergoing renovation the atmosphere was still Great and we had a great time. The service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The General is in CommandDRHBRVIPDined on 8/23/2014The General Warren Inne delivered on all fronts- atmosphere, service and most importantly, food. Had been a while since I had snapper soup, and it was superb, as recommended. Caesar salad (for 2) prepared tableside, was excellent as were all the entrees (crab cake, salmon, rack of lamb and steak au poive). Service was attentive and efficient. Pre dinner, wines and post dinner drinks were all good values. Overall, a very enjoyable dinner on all fronts. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningDocNoggiesDined on 8/23/2014Very interesting menu. Love the history of the place also. A little bit of construction going on, but it didn't bother us.Special Features:
- exceptional serviceFlceeceeVIPDined on 8/23/2014Maureen is an excellent waitress. We will ask for her next time we book!Special Features:
- Birthday groupOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014We have been to General Warren multiple times and this past time we were disappointed. The service and the general ambience was wonderful as is usually the case. There were 5 people in our group and 3 of the group were unhappy with their food. The lamb chops were puny and the steaks were very tough. Perhaps this visit was a fluke as in the past our food has been excellent.Special Features:
- celebrated 46th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014Reccommended fine dining for the 50 and uo crowd, maybe 40 and up. Not a smart phone or iPad in sight. Ecellent food ambience and service. Plan on $100 for two, extra if you have wine.Special Features:
- NathalieDined on 8/14/2014The Beef Wellington was amazing and the service was exceptional. We've lived in the area for 8 years and cannot believe that all these years we've missed out on what General Warren Inne has to offer! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- She said it ... BEST EVER!JB22VIPDined on 8/13/2014Brought my family up for a visit from Cape May, NJ - they hadn't enjoyed the GWI in a very long time. Caesar salad prepared table side to start and then across the board we went old schools and ordered the staples of this fine dining institution: - the steak au poivre, the rack of lamb, the beef wellington, and the filet special. My guests said it was the BEST EVER. Add award winning service, a stellar bar and host team and you've got yourself the Main Line's finest fine dining location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014The Inn is charming. It was not crowded but there were others there and the noise level was the quietest of any restaurant we have been to in some time. The tables are well spaced and each had a lit candle. We found the food to be good with some excellent touches. The menu online was exactly as presented at the restaurant. We enjoyed the experience for our 33rd wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TableclotheseagertoeatDined on 8/6/2014There are fewer and fewer restaurant that still have tablecloths and a quiet atmosphere. General Warren Inne has both and good food too!Special Features:
- DelightfulCatCamDined on 8/5/2014My family was visiting from out of town and we were celebrating a birthday. Six of us were seating at a round table and we had a wonderful meal. Our server was delightful and the food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Quaint and charmingJezzDined on 8/2/2014We have been long time dinners at the General Warren Inne. We usually get a room and have the dinner prefix package which is always satisfying. Tom is a great bartender with wonderful app suggestions. Celeste is our favorite waitress. Love when they have the fire place going. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable.Special Features:
- Love this placetlhlbsDined on 7/30/2014Great for special occasions. Great food and service. Very friendly.Special Features:
- FINEDININGCAPVIPDined on 7/25/2014Initially we were greeted very pleasantly by hostess. We went outside for a glass of wine before dinner. Once we were seated in the dining room, however, our waiter almost acted as if it were a chore to serve us. Rolls weren't warm. My husband had the crabcakes which he said was very good. I had salmon that was overcooked and flavorless. To top it off, we had changed before dinner because the web site said no shorts, jeans or t-shirts. To our surprise a group of people were seated who were wearing shorts and t-shirts. Guess anything goes these days.
- Birthday treatgoodfood2Dined on 7/23/2014I took my husband to the General Warren Inne to celebrate his birthday. We had an excellent meal in a beautiful setting with great service. We know we can rely on this restaurant for a special occasion, or for a nice dinner and a relaxing evening anytime. The small plates are perfect - a reasonable portion at a reasonable price. All the dining options are a good value - well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousNatcatDined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed our evening very much. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was delightful.Special Features:
- Dinner and a showwineisgoodDined on 7/22/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 47th wedding anniversary. We had dined here before and enjoyed the experience so we decided to partner our evening theatre play with dinner. The staff was very professional and the food excellent. The waitress even had the chef write Happy Anniversary on our dessert dishes. A wonderful experience that I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tdhoustDined on 7/12/2014The service was prompt, friendly and impeccable. Our every want was tended to with speed and grace. The food had a wonderful presentation. My wife tried the beef wellington. It arrived overcooked and she thought it was "ok". She is a very picky eater so I tried it and would not order it again. I ordered the 12 oz strip. It was cooked correctly, but again the taste was average. I have had much better steaks at Texas Road house for half the price. We decided to skip dessert there and go somewhere else. $95 for a meal for two that neither of us thought was worth the price.Special Features:
- A very special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014We had a delightful experience mainly due to the elegance and peacefulness of the Inn. It isa beautiful building and very well appointed. Our server was delightful, attentive and very personable. The homemade ice tea was delicious. My soft shell was a bit overcooked but otherwise very tasty. We will definitely return and find this to be someplace special.Special Features:
- DisappointingkittyDined on 7/11/2014We had not been to the Inn before but had heard very good reports from others. We met relatives from out of town for lunch. The food was excellent but the service was quite poor and disappointing.Special Features:
- BT75Dined on 7/9/2014Have had the good fortune to dine at the General Warren twice in the last month. 1st for a large group dinner and 2nd for a small business dinner. Both meals were wonderful, service was outstanding. Felt very welcome at both visits. Would highly recommend the General Warren Inne.Special Features:
- Any time of year -- perfectFormerChescoCommishVIPDined on 7/8/2014Whether in the winter next to roaring fire (real logs, not some gas-fried fakes) or in the summer, there's no better ambience or service on the Main Line -- or technically just beyond, since it's in Malvern. Great for special occasions or even a business lunch.Special Features:
- XXXXXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 7/5/2014A GREAT COUNTRY INN ALWAYS A VERY WENJOYABLE EVENINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceq17VV6aK1LDined on 6/21/2014We celebrated our anniversary at General Warren Inne – it was our first dining experience here. The place is clean and simply decorated. The service is very good without being pretentious. Drinks were good and original. The food was mixed. The Goat Cheese Flatbread was good, but somewhat bland; the Lobster Flatbread was excellent; the Pan Seared Sea Scallops were OK, again somewhat lacking in flavor, while the Steak Au Poivre was excellent! We were both disappointed by our deserts – both were a bit heavy. The atmosphere was moderately quiet. We were surprised to see a baby at an upscale restaurant such as this, but the parents were considerate. Overall, we would definitely recommend this restaurant for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.