General Warren Inne
9 Old Lancaster Road
Malvern, PA 19355Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
General Warren Inne
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.generalwarren.com/
- Phone: (610) 296-3637
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Happy Hour 4:30 to 6:30 Mon- Fri featuring 1/2 price draft beer, $5 wines, 1/2 price tavern menu. Guests suites available seven nights a week. Private parties and wedding ceremonies/receptions for 50 to 150 guests can be hosted Saturday afternoons or anytime Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Fahey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All catering for on-site functions only. Three Private dining rooms for groups of 15 to 60, plus the four-seasons Springhouse Terrace for cocktail receptions and wedding ceremonies. Reserving the entire inn for parties of 50 to 150 available. General Warren Inne specializes in custom functions including cocktail parties with food stations, carving stations and butler hors d'oeuvre service, in addition to our award winning white cloth table service. Your event can be tailored to be formal or casual, based on your needs. Please contact a function planner at 610 296.3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Step through our door and experience classic 18th century charm and hospitality blended with modern American cuisine, with all spaces recently renovated. Join us for your next special occasion or corporate event. With three private dining rooms and the Springhouse Terrace, we can accommodate groups of 15 to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 6102963637x
- Entertainment: In THE WARREN TAVERN: Thursdays: Live Music from 6 to 10 pm with special drink and food pricing. To see schedule of upcoming talent, visit website, call or e-mail us.
HAPPY HOUR(S) Monday-Friday 4:30 - 6:30 featuring HALF Price drafts, $5 wines, HALF Price Tavern menu items
- Special Events: Happy Hour 4:30 to 6:30 Mon- Fri featuring 1/2 price draft beer, $5 wines, 1/2 price tavern menu items.... Dinner / Suite / Breakfast Packages, starting at only $175 per couple.
- Cross Street: Warren Avenue
- Public Transit: Local SEPTA R-5 Regional Rail transit and Amtrak service 1 mile from inn. Advance taxi service reservations required. Call us for assistance, 610 296.3637
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Ample free parking on property. Complimentary Valet Parking on busy nights.
A word from General Warren Inne
Historic 1745 Country Inn featuring American-Continental Cuisine with a contemporary flair, table-side prepared specialties at dinner, attentive service amid charming candlelit dining rooms, all with working fireplaces. Home of "The Warren Tavern", featuring a lite fare menu or the full menu, all available without reservations. Happy Hour 4:30 to 6:30 Mon- Fri featuring 1/2 price draft beer, $5 wines, 1/2 price tavern menu. Full bar and extensive International wine list. Outdoor dining at "The Springhouse Terrace", available all year-round for cocktail parties, receptions and intimate weddings and receptions. Three private party rooms for 15 to 60 guests, eight elegant guests suites for overnight stays, including a served continental breakfast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
General Warren Inne - Best Restaurants in Malvern ›
General Warren Inne reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (64)neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (33)great for outdoor dining (22)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (10)scenic view (9)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice ExperienceLeahDined on 11/12/2014I took my friend to General Warren Inn for her birthday lunch. It was a very pleasant experience. I love the ambiance. Our lunch was delicious and the service was great. We spent several hours there enjoying everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dsmCcka13Dined on 11/8/2014We have not been to the General Warren Inn for several years. We always used to go there to celebrate our anniversary. We read an article about it and decided to give it a try again. The owners have updated the restaurant. It does not have the 'heavy' feel that it used to have. The service was outstanding. Everyone, down to the coat room girl was extremely nice and helpful. We will return!Special Features:
- Another great experienceDWillHVIPDined on 11/8/2014The General Warren Inn has become one of favorite eating establishments. The service is outstanding where the wait staff will actually carry on a conversation with the customers and are not just order takers. We never feel rushed. The food is excellent in taste and presentation. The crackling fireplaces just adds the ambiance ... and yes they use real wood. We will be back again and again.Special Features:
- DisappointingWestChesterPhilDined on 11/7/2014Ambiance is still good, the food is only fair, and the service, at least on our night, was poor. The menu looks and reads interesting but the execution falls short. A small plate of braised ribs arrived looking like it was coated in tar. The beef wellington, ordered medium-rare was decidedly medium. The food here is simply "fair" and that is a fair assessment despite reviews that wax enthusiastic about it. The biggest drag on the evening was achingly slow service. Dinner took nearly three hours with the longest stretch taking place between being seated and having the order taken. GWI is not a terrible dining experience but neither is it a special occasion place.
- Menulove2eatDined on 11/6/2014The lunch menu offerings were a little too creative. Each item had multiple ingredients listed and preparations which sometimes sounded unusual at best and odd at worst. My friend couldn't say enough good things about her small plate of Seafood Papardelle. I chose the small plate Chicken Roulade. The red pepper mash as advertised did not appear on the plate. The chicken was over-powered by the too-heavily herbed goat cheese. Very disappointing. The saving graces this day were the warm fireplace on a cold and rainy day and the waitress' attention to our needs. I did report there was too much cheese in my dish for my liking and she was aghast & wondered if it was because every chef prepares the dish somewhat differently. That made me cringe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If the walls could talk ...JB22VIPDined on 11/4/2014If the walls could talk they would tell the tale about the wonderfully restored, preserved and totally improved General Warren. If you haven't been, you need to pop in and see all the changes - bright airy dining rooms offer a fresh look in each dining area to the perennial warm and inviting "fireplace" charm of this historic inn. Even the bar has a new look - with new lighting, soapstone bar top, tin ceiling and a few new grown-up cocktails! Dinner featured a giant succulent Pork Chop, a striped bass over grilled octopus vegetable medley, and the traditional and always spot on roasted duck. Roll in their always stellar & award winning BEST OF THE MAIN LINE service, and you've got another great story to tell!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 10/25/2014Outstanding in all respects (as always). New décor is fantastic.Special Features:
- Always a delightJillBVIPDined on 10/25/2014It was lovely to return for dinner after many years. The menu is up to date but still offers that quaint ambience where you can just relax and enjoy your evening. We loved the tableside prepared Caesar salad for two. In fact, it was practically a meal in itself. The wine list is extensive, with choices from the old world and new world. We were pleased with our Torrontes from Argentina. My grouper entrée was a bit on the sweet side with a cantaloupe jelly sauce but my husband's salmon was great. Our server was very easy-going and pleasant. All in all, a nice dinner and experience.Special Features:
- Still an excellent dining choiceshipwright53VIPDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I wanted to enjoy a nice dinner out to replace a trip we had to cancel. The General Warren Inne had provided the ambience we needed in the past, and, since its recent renovation, we decided to look in on this old favorite. We were pleasantly surprised that the new layout included some new seating choices which suited my wife's ailing back just fine. We found the food and atmosphere to be very good as usual, and the service was attentive yet not overbearing. We will be pleased to dine there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- General Warren - it was okay...JenAVIPDined on 10/22/2014I was expecting spectacular. I had a 6 oz filet. Cooked perfectly, but really not that tender. My daughter tried the beef wellington - just a bad choice for us - none of us had it before and none of us liked it. Rack of lamb was good, but not great. Waitress seemed annoyed that we ordered 2 tableside bananas foster for dessert. It was good, but not caramelized enough...Special Features:
- A real gemDelonerangerDined on 10/21/2014The General Warren Inn is a wonderful throwback to the days of the charming country inn. The food is terrific, the decor is "formal country" and the service is great. I particularly recommend the tableside Caesar salad - just great. I would recommend the General Warren Inn without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sharing is caring ...JB22VIPDined on 10/21/2014What's better than hitting GW for a business lunch? How about exposing two new folks to the wonderful experience that is GW? Business lunch with a perspective client, and I'd like to think two new future GW customers! Both of my guests were thrilled with their experience, service and food. Looking for a special place for your next business meeting / lunch? The General Warren team will take excellent care of you and your guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problems HereOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/17/2014First of all - absolutely lovely location. But that's where the good stuff ends. Took several minutes for them to get us a waitress/waiter. I even asked the woman pouring the water who our waitress was and she pointed at someone who ended up not being our waitress. Finally we got that resolved and things improved a bit. For one appetizer we asked that they leave off the bacon and they still brought it. They fixed that. They then forgot to put in our oldest daughter's order so by the time they realized that and addressed it her plate arrived 15 minutes after ours - the dessert that my youngest daughter ordered took way too long to arrive. They did credit the dessert for free on the final check. We won't be back.
- First TimeChesterCountyFoodieDined on 10/13/2014We celebrated our anniversary at General Warren Inne. Food as quite good, well presented. Menu was a little more interesting than others in the same class. It was a Monday evening at 8 p.m. and I was glad we had made reservations as it was quite busy. My only complaint was that it was so noisy that we couldn't even hear each other across the table. There were plenty of other tables that couples could have been seated at that would have been more private. Service was good and timely. Staff was pleasant but no one made us feel like they were particularly happy that we were there. Fair value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Had to wait for a bit for our 7:30 reservation, but it wasn't too bad. The bartenders were great, the food was pretty good, but we were put in the large room with the grey-haired crowd. The crowd skews older, but not too surprising giving the traditional menu - and I mean that in a good way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingpatfoodieDined on 10/11/2014The Inne is lovely but food much less so. Our main dishes were generally good but somehow the sides were not....A chicken roulade was served with a large garnish of raw kale. A salmon was served with brussel sprout so undecooked that you could not cut them and there was no seasoning.. When the waitress asked if we liked everything we said no and explained about the brussel sprouts...instead of saying that she was sorry that we did not like them she said that most people did. It could be a first class destination but the menu and execution need to be ramped up..sorry wish that I did not have to say that.
- Beef WellingtononvacaDined on 10/11/2014I found this place searching for one of my favorite meals for my birthday. We had 9 people so we had a large assortment of the menu to sample. Everything was high quality and cooked perfectly. Not cheap but in my opinion fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The WarrenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Patrick is an amazing proprietor! The wait staff is always impeccable I have been goin to the General Warren for 18 years and the food by far is the best on the mainline! The ambience is perfect for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 yrs @ GWKMPicksVIPDined on 10/9/2014Thank you for another lovely evening. We'll be back soon to try the new small plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014After being offered a bench table with other tables at your elbows (NY style), we elected to eat in the bar area instead. Wonderful atmosphere to the entire place. The food was excellent, the server was knowledgeable and attentive. Overall a very enjoyable evening on a special occasion.Special Features:
- This is not "fast food"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food is very good, but takes a while to be served. Reservations were for 7:30pm and our order was taken promptly, but our food wasn't served until about 9:10pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingYumYumVIPDined on 9/25/2014It had been several years since I'd dined at this charming venue and was looking forward to an enjoyable evening. Menu items were off season with some strange combinations for starters. Service was erratic at best and the food mediocre at a fairly high price point. Will not be in a hurry to return even with the totally lovely setting.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerdelightedDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I enjoyed a delicious meal with outstanding service from our friendly waitress. We were celebrating our anniversary, and from start to finish, it was the perfect way to celebrate and spend time together. We ordered two different green salads, mushroom tacos and beef wellington ~ all of which were wonderful. We topped it off with two delicious desserts, which were not needed, but just too tempting to resist! Had the weather been a little warmer, we would have requested dining in the outdoor patio area which looked beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WomderfulWilllarVIPDined on 9/20/2014Top notch resturant. Great food , great service. Excellent establishment for special occassions.Special Features:
- What Happened?TomZVIPDined on 9/16/2014Something changed Food not hot and bland New chef?
- JustfortheHalibut01Dined on 9/16/2014Appetizer and dinners were excellent. The coconut cheesecake dessert was dry and lacked flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambience of an old InneLOUYDined on 9/13/2014Enjoy eating in the bar, but different rooms have different ambiences, all in the old Inne atmosphere Service was excellent. The 6 oz. filet was acceptable but not as tender as I have had elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RitaRitaDined on 9/13/2014We usually have a wonderful experience here, but not this past weekend. The waiter was inattentive in the extreme. We had to send the dessert brownie back because it was inedibly hard and impossible to cut. They did make a substitution, but we were embarrassed because the people dining with us were our guests. The restaurant did not 'comp' us the dessert either. The waiter never inquired how the meal was nor did he ask if we wanted more wine. We had to ask another person to send our waiter 3 times in the course of the meal, which is certainly unacceptable.Special Features:
- Always FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014enjoyed a wonderful evening with the family at GWI. Drinks, food and atmosphere was outstanding. Renovations in progress (in the adjoining room) did not deter from our most pleasant experience. Service was first class.Special Features:
- wcnativeDined on 9/6/2014We'd been here before and thought of this lovely inn for my birthday dinner. It was just the two of us and we enjoyed our evening very much. Quiet table in the corner with a view of the lawn and gardens. Very nice wine selection, prompt service but never rushed, great seasonal special additions to the menu. Everything was delicious. We will look forward to another relaxing and enjoyable meal there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a re-visitOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/30/2014We were pleased to be in one of the recently renovated dining rooms. Very nice atmosphere, and updated menu offers great selections. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014A favorite restaurant of ours and it did not disappointSpecial Features:
- Good but CloseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday at The Gen. Warren Inne on Saturday night. The food was excellent, as was the service. Construction is underway, so we could not really appreciate the beauty of the building. My only complaint is that the tables are very close together and we heard everyone's conversation.Special Features:
- Very nice dinnerMarkDined on 8/30/2014Everything about the food and service was great. Renovations in the room next to ours detracted from the ambiance as well as the odd music selection, xm satellite radio with commercials playing top twenty hits wasnt very enjoyable. Still a really nice dinner and I'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful outdoor areaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014My husband and I went to dinner with two other couples and enjoyed an evening of eating outside in the quaint "back porch" area. There were several new Vegan small plate options on the menu which I tried. They were spectacular. Several in the group ordered fish dishes which they enjoyed. One of our diners ordered the famous pork chop and was not disappointed.Special Features:
- General Warren InnGoodDined on 8/28/2014It was great overall. Everyone's meal was great. I had the crab cake. I thought it was ok. It was on the bland side. I expected more at the GW, but the Caesar salad was excellent as was the rib eye and filet mignon. It's a nice intimate dining experience. The service was great.Special Features:
- GreatNiteDocPCDined on 8/28/2014We were celebrating our 5th Wedding Anniversary and even though the dinning room was undergoing renovation the atmosphere was still Great and we had a great time. The service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The General is in CommandDRHBRVIPDined on 8/23/2014The General Warren Inne delivered on all fronts- atmosphere, service and most importantly, food. Had been a while since I had snapper soup, and it was superb, as recommended. Caesar salad (for 2) prepared tableside, was excellent as were all the entrees (crab cake, salmon, rack of lamb and steak au poive). Service was attentive and efficient. Pre dinner, wines and post dinner drinks were all good values. Overall, a very enjoyable dinner on all fronts. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningDocNoggiesDined on 8/23/2014Very interesting menu. Love the history of the place also. A little bit of construction going on, but it didn't bother us.Special Features:
- exceptional serviceFlceeceeVIPDined on 8/23/2014Maureen is an excellent waitress. We will ask for her next time we book!Special Features: