General Warren Inne
9 Old Lancaster Road
Malvern, PA 19355Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
General Warren Inne
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.generalwarren.com/
- Phone: 6102963637x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Happy Hour 4:30 to 6:30 Mon- Fri featuring 1/2 price draft beer, $5 wines, 1/2 price tavern menu. Guests suites available seven nights a week. Private parties and wedding ceremonies/receptions for 50 to 150 guests can be hosted Saturday afternoons or anytime Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Fahey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All catering for on-site functions only. Three Private dining rooms for groups of 15 to 60, plus the four-seasons Springhouse Terrace for cocktail receptions and wedding ceremonies. Reserving the entire inn for parties of 50 to 150 available. General Warren Inne specializes in custom functions including cocktail parties with food stations, carving stations and butler hors d'oeuvre service, in addition to our award winning white cloth table service. Your event can be tailored to be formal or casual, based on your needs. Please contact a function planner at 610 296.3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Step through our door and experience classic 18th century charm and hospitality blended with modern American cuisine. Join us for your next special occasion or corporate event. With three private dining rooms and the Springhouse Terrace, we can accommodate groups of 15 to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 6102963637x
- Entertainment: In THE WARREN TAVERN: Thursdays: Live Music from 6 to 10 pm with special drink and food pricing. To see schedule of upcoming talent, visit website, call or e-mail us.
HAPPY HOUR(S) Monday-Friday 4:30 - 6:30 featuring HALF Price drafts, $5 wines, HALF Price Tavern menu items
- Special Events: Happy Hour 4:30 to 6:30 Mon- Fri featuring 1/2 price draft beer, $5 wines, 1/2 price tavern menu items.... Dinner / Suite / Breakfast Packages, starting at only $175 per couple.
- Cross Street: Warren Avenue
- Public Transit: Local SEPTA R-5 Regional Rail transit and Amtrak service 1 mile from inn. Advance taxi service reservations required. Call us for assistance, 610 296.3637
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Ample free parking on property. Complimentary Valet Parking on busy nights.
A word from General Warren Inne
Historic 1745 Country Inn featuring American-Continental Cuisine with a contemporary flair, table-side prepared specialties at dinner, attentive service amid charming candlelit dining rooms, all with working fireplaces. Home of "The Warren Tavern", featuring a lite fare menu or the full menu, all available without reservations. Happy Hour 4:30 to 6:30 Mon- Fri featuring 1/2 price draft beer, $5 wines, 1/2 price tavern menu. Full bar and extensive International wine list. Outdoor dining at "The Springhouse Terrace", available all year-round for cocktail parties, receptions and intimate weddings and receptions. Three private party rooms for 15 to 60 guests, eight elegant guests suites for overnight stays, including a served continental breakfast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
General Warren Inne - Best Restaurants in Malvern ›
General Warren Inne reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (55)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (25)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (21)notable wine list (20)great for brunch (16)scenic view (14)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- FINEDININGCAPVIPDined on 7/25/2014Initially we were greeted very pleasantly by hostess. We went outside for a glass of wine before dinner. Once we were seated in the dining room, however, our waiter almost acted as if it were a chore to serve us. Rolls weren't warm. My husband had the crabcakes which he said was very good. I had salmon that was overcooked and flavorless. To top it off, we had changed before dinner because the web site said no shorts, jeans or t-shirts. To our surprise a group of people were seated who were wearing shorts and t-shirts. Guess anything goes these days.
- Birthday treatgoodfood2Dined on 7/23/2014I took my husband to the General Warren Inne to celebrate his birthday. We had an excellent meal in a beautiful setting with great service. We know we can rely on this restaurant for a special occasion, or for a nice dinner and a relaxing evening anytime. The small plates are perfect - a reasonable portion at a reasonable price. All the dining options are a good value - well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousNatcatDined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed our evening very much. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was delightful.Special Features:
- Dinner and a showwineisgoodDined on 7/22/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 47th wedding anniversary. We had dined here before and enjoyed the experience so we decided to partner our evening theatre play with dinner. The staff was very professional and the food excellent. The waitress even had the chef write Happy Anniversary on our dessert dishes. A wonderful experience that I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tdhoustDined on 7/12/2014The service was prompt, friendly and impeccable. Our every want was tended to with speed and grace. The food had a wonderful presentation. My wife tried the beef wellington. It arrived overcooked and she thought it was "ok". She is a very picky eater so I tried it and would not order it again. I ordered the 12 oz strip. It was cooked correctly, but again the taste was average. I have had much better steaks at Texas Road house for half the price. We decided to skip dessert there and go somewhere else. $95 for a meal for two that neither of us thought was worth the price.Special Features:
- A very special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014We had a delightful experience mainly due to the elegance and peacefulness of the Inn. It isa beautiful building and very well appointed. Our server was delightful, attentive and very personable. The homemade ice tea was delicious. My soft shell was a bit overcooked but otherwise very tasty. We will definitely return and find this to be someplace special.Special Features:
- DisappointingkittyDined on 7/11/2014We had not been to the Inn before but had heard very good reports from others. We met relatives from out of town for lunch. The food was excellent but the service was quite poor and disappointing.Special Features:
- BT75Dined on 7/9/2014Have had the good fortune to dine at the General Warren twice in the last month. 1st for a large group dinner and 2nd for a small business dinner. Both meals were wonderful, service was outstanding. Felt very welcome at both visits. Would highly recommend the General Warren Inne.Special Features:
- Any time of year -- perfectFormerChescoCommishVIPDined on 7/8/2014Whether in the winter next to roaring fire (real logs, not some gas-fried fakes) or in the summer, there's no better ambience or service on the Main Line -- or technically just beyond, since it's in Malvern. Great for special occasions or even a business lunch.Special Features:
- XXXXXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 7/5/2014A GREAT COUNTRY INN ALWAYS A VERY WENJOYABLE EVENINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceq17VV6aK1LDined on 6/21/2014We celebrated our anniversary at General Warren Inne – it was our first dining experience here. The place is clean and simply decorated. The service is very good without being pretentious. Drinks were good and original. The food was mixed. The Goat Cheese Flatbread was good, but somewhat bland; the Lobster Flatbread was excellent; the Pan Seared Sea Scallops were OK, again somewhat lacking in flavor, while the Steak Au Poivre was excellent! We were both disappointed by our deserts – both were a bit heavy. The atmosphere was moderately quiet. We were surprised to see a baby at an upscale restaurant such as this, but the parents were considerate. Overall, we would definitely recommend this restaurant for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So far "out" it's "in."KikiDined on 6/20/2014This is one of the greatest rarities nowadays: an eatery in a relaxed and highly traditional ambiance with a menu combining classic antique dishes, like Wiener Schnitzel with a selection of more current dishes. The soups were spectacular, and the desserts almost at that level too. A very nice wine selection. Altogether, a fine experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014We were meeting up with an elderly gentleman who said he knew how to get to the restaurant. While driving down Lancaster Ave. he was looking for familiar landmarks, like a bus stop and General Warren Inne sign. He kept driving to Exton and returned to Paoli where we called him to see where he was. We drove to him and directed him back to the Inne. Signs on both sides of Lancaster Ave. directing drivers to the Inne would be helpful. Thanks RickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great! Food not so muchGoodeatsDined on 6/14/2014The staff were all very attentive and service was excellent. The food unfortunately was not as impressive as the staff. The Caesar salad was phenominal, however all the entrees served were unimpressive in presentation and were all over cooked. For the prices I would have expected a much higher caliber of food quality and and it's presentation
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2014As always, GW is excellent and we had an outstanding meal. Unlike other 'fine' restaurants in the area, GW is the only restaurant in its class; always consistent, great service and a relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- A very inviting company dinnerJB22VIPDined on 6/12/2014Small group of 7 directed to a private seating room / area. Welcomed like family. There is no mistaking why this fabled restaurant has won the BEST SERVICE award from Main Line Today magazine. Our entire crew remarked about the first class service in this grown-up, first class restaurant. Exceptional execution from the kitchen team as we sampled the new menu from both sides as well as some of the specials. Speaking of special ... if you're looking for a special experience ... this is your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience & service, food OKFillyDined on 6/7/2014This was our second time eating here. We liked the small-plates menu, which we ordered from. We started with the caesar salad for two, which was made expertly at tableside. But the slow-roasted veal spareribs were a disappointment, full of fat and charred. (How can something supposedly slow-roasted come to the table charred?) My husband ordered the 6 oz filet mignon medium-well, and it, too, was served charred on the outside and medium rare (practically raw) on the inside. We should have sent both entrees back. We would think twice about going here for dinner again. The service, on the other hand, was terrific and the ambience is great. But the food ... not so much. Perhaps a good place for drinks (has a lively bar scene) and munchies.Special Features:
- Lovely lunch at the General WarrenWayneGirlDined on 6/5/2014This is a great place for a special lunch or dinner. Fine dining and service, good menu selection for entrees and also for more casual sandwiches and salads. All diners were nicely dressed, so this did not seem appropriate for a casual jeans-and-tee-shirt outing.Special Features:
- FavoriteAuntieDined on 6/4/2014A wonderful place for a family celebration. We are from out of town and were celebrating my niece and her new husband's marriage. Thank you for making it very special.Special Features:
- Very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2014The food was excellent. Server was knowledgeable, friendly, and perfectly attentive.Special Features:
- Not the SameOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014We have been here many times over the years and we very disappointed with the new menu. We had two specials and neither one was particularly good. The fish was overcooked. We had two desserts and did not like either one. As always the ambience and service was great but we will have to find another place for special occasions.
- Nice but expensiveNiceDined on 5/29/2014Nice people. Great food. Expensive. I like it bit pricing is highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go try the new menu!JB22VIPDined on 5/27/2014Wonderful mid-week business lunch. Sampled across both sides of the new menu -(not to worry, some of the favorites are still there!) from salads to fresh fish - you simply can't beat this dining experience. Throw in award winning first class service, and you'll love your General Warren Inne experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service just okBeckDined on 5/24/2014The food and service was not professional enough. the lighting in the back room was way to bright, ask for main dining even that could be dimmer, takes away from romance, very nice building. The steak was tough although perfectly cooked and the scallops were fishy. The bannas foster not caramelized so runny.Special Features:
- Special dinnerLove2eatDined on 5/24/2014The food was delicious and the service was wonderful. It was our 45th wedding anniversary and they Decorated the dessert plates with Happy Anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionCRoyDined on 5/20/2014The Inne is lovely and we were welcomed graciously. I chose the Inne to take visiting colleagues from Europe and Asia and I was very proud to show them the excellent hospitality of Pennsylvania. We had truly outstanding attention from our server. He was well informed of the history of the Inne and was so helpful in food choice for my visiting guests. The wine and food were exceptional. They loved their first ever Snapper soup. The filet was tender and perfectly seasoned. The meal and evening exceeded all expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a lovely experience!RyansDined on 5/20/2014Having been born & raised in the Paoli area over 50+ years it's so wonderful to see The General Warren still thriving. The building is beautiful as are the additions & interior updates...all keeping the historic integrity but modern amenities. Greeted warmly upon our arrival. The waitstaff was professional & just the right amount of attentiveness. Food served promptly, very good portions & exactly as ordered. Great to have an option of small plates as well as full entres. Never a complaint in all the years there. Job well done on all accounts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborsneighborDined on 5/16/2014as usual, leisurely dinner with excellent after taste. Have been regular since '98 and is always a pleasure to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/14/2014Enjoyed first visit will return. Great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of a kindmoparmanDined on 5/11/2014Gen. Warren cannot be compared to other restuarants. there's nothing else like it , at least not in Chester County. aside from the food being first rate, an overnight stay in one of the suites is a treat that must be experienced. step into your room and step back in time about 200 years. yet all the necessary amenities are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated Mom like a queenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Took Mom for Mothers Day...and it could not have been nicer. I would definately recommend.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent food and service in a very friendly atmosphere. I would definitely return and recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Good choice.wineisgoodDined on 5/11/2014We were attending a play in the area and looking for a place to have dinner. A review of area restaurants gave me the General Warren Inne as a fine dinning establishment. We were not disappointed. The food, wait service and general atmosphere were outstanding. The only down side was the noise level at a near by table. We plan on returning when in the area.Special Features:
- great people and foodmykiskaDined on 5/11/2014The service was the best I've been to in this area. Servers are well prepared for customer service satisfaction. They go all out to please there customers. Leaps and bounds over cheesecake factory, duck n dog, or other less customer service restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint and romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Enjoned dinner at General Inne for the first time and was very impressed. It was intended to be a romantic dinner and it most definitely was. The staff was amazing and the pineapple upside down cake was to die for. Thank you General Warren Inn for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Check out what's new!JB22VIPDined on 5/10/2014Popped in Saturday night with the bride and had one of the new menu options (The Gnudi is amaaaaaaazzzzing!), bride had the red snapper special and we had some apps and split a salad. What's great with the new menu is you can get something from the "small plates" menu as an appetizer and while it would be small as a dinner, it's the perfect size for sharing as an appetizer! Loving the new menu and the large and small plates! Throw in great execution from the host, kitchen, bar and wait staff and you've got yourself a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Mothers Day DinnerBriscoDined on 5/10/2014Busy evening with Mother's Day crowd. Service was prompt and professional. Servers were teaming, helped each other to be right on top of the tables' needs. The GW is a classic colonial style venue with a fresh modern touch on the menu. Scallops on a bed of Quinoa were excellent. Blackberry Caberent Sorbet was light but satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REALLY DISAPPOINTED!!!FoodnCookLoverODined on 5/9/2014I must say after reviewing the website I was excited about dining at the GW Inne. However, the food was not very good at all, my fish was over cooked and not very well plated. The Lobster Flatbread had very little lobster. We were just disappointed completely with the food. The service was good.
- Always very good!SamandDeb229Dined on 5/9/2014I'm a regular at the General Warren for a reason -- excellence at a fair price.Special Features:
- nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014It's a great place to have a nice dinner and be able to hear the folks you're with. So many places are so noisy today. You would up shouting all night long. The food was delicious, the ambience. It is on the expensive side, but it's worth the price.Special Features: