2323 N. Henderson Ave
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
Knox / Henderson
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gemmadallas.com/
- Phone: 2143709426x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Rogers
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gemma
Gemma, in Dallas’ Knox/Henderson neighborhood focuses on seasonally inspired new American cuisine with ethnic influences in a warm and comfortable setting. Gemma has a full bar featuring seasonal cocktails and food friendly wines from all over the world. Gemma offers a late night menu from 10:00PM until 1:00AM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Gemma reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (157)neighborhood gem (140)special occasion (98)notable wine list (82)hot spot (75)romantic (71)late-night find (38)great for outdoor dining (28)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Pricey but worth itGourmetGourmandVIPDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed our meal from the moment we sat down to the last spoon of the desert. Exceptionally good drinks, an interesting selection of wines, good breads. Food hit all the right notes. Menu is interesting, but you'll find many "standards" (Greek salad, brick chicken, etc..) amongst the more "chefy" items. Everything was prepared with care and top ingredients. Service was professional and pleasant, and the room was light and comfortable. Our only complaint was the price which borders on the un-acceptable by Dallas standards. Expect to pay >$75 for a simple salad, pasta, desert and a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent fresh foodDeedeeDined on 8/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed Gemma. We always feel welcome like we have walked into someone's home. The food is fresh, healthy, delicious and beautifully presented. I love the blackberry mojito!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time in.JasloveDined on 8/22/2014Stephanie the owner shared excellent knowledge of wines. Her Napa roots shine through in this noteable food driven but very approachable noteable. Beautiful setting and excellent service bring it to 5 stars. Oysters are fresh and ever changing and sweet breads were top notch. Only thing to improve was sound noise. Bet they figure it out. (: Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time, great fooddbfundallasDined on 8/20/2014Excellent wine list, steak tartare was delicious. My date had salmon tartare and she loved it. Sommelier Antonio recommended the Zeitgeist Cabernet and it was perfect. My date loved the homemade croutons on her Caesar salad. She got some to take home:) Great atmosphere, intimate, hip crowd. Our waiter Jake very attentive but not intrusive. Overall just a great place to eat. I'll be back.Special Features:
- AustinIsFunDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I and another couple dined at Gemma on August 20. The restaurant was full and several persons were waiting for a table, but we were taken to our reserved table right away. The service, food, menu choices and wine list were exceptional. Our server was attentive, knowledgeable and well spoken. We ordered salads, main courses and a single dessert to share, all of which were delightful, especially the heirloom squash salad, the diver scallops with chanterelles and the brick chicken. The chocolate caramel pine nut tart was to die for, and all of us agreed one of the best desserts we've ever had. We travel to Dallas often and have eaten at dozens of restaurants there. Gemma was one or our best dining experiences in the city.Special Features:
- CozyAmandaDined on 8/20/2014Service is impeccable. Restaurant is really aesthetic and nicely designed. The food was very good. It was a super cozy place so nice for a date or friends having dinner. My friend from Santa Barbara CA and I shared the Pork Chop and the Ragu. The muscles were also VERY good! The area is neat; if you wanted more wine, it's right next door to Veritas, a good wine bar. Or keep walking down to Tap House. Love the ice cream at Gemma's!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday. The food was great, the service could not have been better, but a little loud. Overall,it was outstanding!Special Features:
- Yum!gschDined on 8/16/2014Had a great dinner with great wine! Love the green bean salad - and the scallops were delicious!Special Features:
- Overly saltedTJudsonDined on 8/16/2014Wow, we were really looking forward to Saturday's dinner at Gemma. Recently touted as one of top 10 best new places in Dallas. Baby artichoke appetizer was nice, then came heirloom squash salads. A lovely lemon-zesty dressing with way too much salt…regrettably could not finish. The bass and the evening special, dry aged steak, were both so tasty, great flavors but both so over salted both were left unfinished. We kept waiting for either our waiter to ask how we were enjoying our meal, or for the gentleman making rounds to all the tables to drop by so we could discretely mention the over seasoning. Unfortunately neither happened. Disappointed by the kitchen and the lack of personal touches. Plenty of other places in Dallas to go.
- Excellent choice in DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Love everything about this place. Perfect for a date night or a small group night. Great find. Excellent wine list & excellent food.Special Features:
- Late night quality findJetsenDined on 8/10/2014The restaurant is one of the only places to get quality food and drink late in Dallas. The owners are on the floor and in the kitchen which brings personality and a level of attention to detail. I like the neighboorhood feel, and the wine list is diverse and created with intention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Really great experience. Can't wait to go back. Perfect size. Owners were around the restaurant throughout the night, greeting their guests.Special Features:
- Outstanding!KgodloveVIPDined on 8/9/2014This place is great! Everything we had was excellent! If you like sweetbreads, these are the best I have ever had! This is our new favorite special occasion restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Awful FoodDallasFoodieDined on 8/8/2014My boyfriend and I went to Gemma this past weekend for a nice date night. We could not have been more disappointed in the food. We ordered the Turkey Meatballs as an appetizer, it was extremely salty and I could barely finish eating one. For our meal we ordered the RICOTTA CAVATELLI and DUCK BREAST AND CONFIT LEG. Both were horrible and the Duck Breast and Confit Leg was way too salty. It also had zero favor. The confit leg tasted like it had been sitting out for hours and was really dried out. We do not plan on going back there again.Special Features:
- Great food, compassionate wine listEatingoutVIPDined on 8/7/2014Not only is the food at Gemma fantastic, it has a wine list full of great bottles at fantastic prices. I know of no other restaurant in Dallas that offers Kistler at less than $100. This, plus world class sweetbreads made for a remarkable visit. We will be back, for the wine as much for the food. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itfoodieVIPDined on 8/6/2014Gemma has great food. The "industry special" Chicken Milanese is outstanding. It's a very appealing restaurant, pretty, bustling, with good service.Special Features:
- Great!CourtDined on 8/3/2014We all loves Gemma. Service was excellent, food was even better. Great cocktail list and wine options. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super salty entreesdac8483VIPDined on 8/3/2014We were so looking forward to finally getting to dine at Gemma. The salmon tartar to start was very good, but from there, everything we ate was SO salty - baked oysters, pappardelle, the duck. It was really disappointing considering the price and the fine dining tone of the restaurant.
- SGNITROVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been wanting to try Gemma for a while and have heard great things about it. We were not disappointed. Friendly staff and helpful with menu choices. Moderately, but fairly priced. Salads were nice size portions, could have split. Entrees were fantastic. Rabbit with pasta dish was amazing and the salmon dish was perfectly cooked. Did not order wine because the cocktails were great, but did look at the wine menu and thought they had a great selection. Can't wait to go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Straightforward ExcellenceaJBRDined on 8/1/2014Tried Gemma for the first time and happy to say it lived up to its current hot reputation. The food is straightforward but executed perfectly and you really get to appreciate the core ingredients more than a sauce or exotic presentation. All four diners in my party enjoyed their mains (all of which were different); apps, cocktails and desserts were all terrific as well. Service was neither aloof nor intrusive. High expectations fully met! Scallop main and vegetable frisée were the big winners in my estimation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service, ambiencehardtopleaseDined on 8/1/2014After our second visit in two weeks we're still excited about this restaurant in our neighborhood. It's farm to table. Every employee we encountered seemed genuinely happy working there, and glad we were there. There is a nice wine selection from very expensive to very reasonable. The entree selections weren't numerous, but covered the basics; fish, poultry and meat. We enjoyed our visits and plan to be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014Thank you to the staff who came out and brought me my purse which I had left at the table. I've been to other restaurants who didn't even call me when I've left my credit card there. The goat ricotta was amazing. Cocktails were also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!EyeHeartFoodDined on 7/31/2014Took the lady here for our anniversary. The food was so perfect. She had the scallops and I had the pappardelle with braised rabbit and I am still thinking about that dish. We both had Gin cocktails that were incredible. The service was on point, the waiter provided us with complimentary champagne for our anniversary. Unforgettable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner ExperienceDinningFTDined on 7/31/2014The environment and the service was great. the food is delicious. Very pleased with this dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gemma passes all expectationsbruncherVIPDined on 7/30/2014The entire staff working that evening went out of their way to treat us special. The birthday card on the table from Gemma sealed my dinner experience. Chef visited the table, and the cocktails were perfectly crafted.Special Features:
- KviylcDined on 7/30/2014The food is fantastic and exceeds expectations. The noise level makes it hard to converse with others at the table.Special Features:
- Best in DallasWTinDallasDined on 7/30/2014Gemma has a great vibe, a great drink menu, and great food. Dallas needs more places like Gemma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of a restaurantmtdicksonVIPDined on 7/27/2014This was our first visit and we were very pleased. The restaurant is low key and for a change, brightly lit so you can see the menu and your meal. It is located in a strip shopping center, but don't be put off by this. The food is great, interesting and while the ambience is low key it is very comfortable. Two at our table had the rabbit with fresh pasta. The rabbit was tender and flavorful. The Ricotta Cavatelli with boar was very good, as was the bass. We rarely order dessert, but decided to because even the desserts sounded interesting...and they were quite delicious! Also, Try their olives..they are lightly battered and fried..Great combination.Special Features:
- Great food. Service needs work.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014The food was very good, but our waitress was very poor. She didn't take our drink order until after we were seated 15 minutes, then it took another 15 minutes for her to bring our drinks, one of which had a dirty glass and had to be returned. She even tried to get us to order our entre before our drinks came. As the even progressed, the restaurant manager help wait on our table and took our order. After he got involved, the service was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service everMariaVDined on 7/26/2014Best service ever. Our waiter timed every visit to the table just perfectly, was attentive and very personable. The gentleman serving bread made sure we were taken care of, even when I accidentally told him we didn't need anymore (but my husband did!) We felt totally taken care of. Food was outstanding!!! Wine list was excellent! We'll be back!Special Features:
- ExcellentGregGDined on 7/25/2014Loved everything about it. Food and service all very good and very creative bar menu to boot!Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningTruthBearDined on 7/25/2014My first time to eat here but not my last! Wonderfully prepared food and great service! We started with the "share" plate of baked oysters that were fantastic...I'm not going to share the next visit. Moved to unique and tasty heirloom squash salad that was clean and refreshing. My wife ordered the pork chop that was shareable and I had the duck breast and duck leg confit. The duck was accompanying by a very tasty barley"fried rice" that went well with the Asian sauce on the duck. A great wine list that included half bottles. Can't wait to attend one of their wine dinners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome new DFW additionOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2014Out first time and everything was delicious and presented with impeccable service.Special Features:
- wayne3310Dined on 7/24/2014Exceptional meals for both myself and my wife. Pleasant, knowledgeable, and attentive service from waiter as well as assisting staff. Noise level was attuned to pleasant easy conversation while attaining a lively upbeat atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracious hostsNbahaDined on 7/20/2014Upon entering the restaurant, Jeff, greeted us and realized I was the person who reserved a table for 3 with a small note, stating my dear friend Mimi is celebrating her birthday. He remembered the note and wished her a happy bday and when we reached our table, there was a card waiting for her at the table - nothing elaborate or cheesy, just right. They brought us something complimentary for the table and after dinner, since we ordered dessert, the kitchen added birthday wishes and a single candle. Another thoughtful touch. The food was excellent, as usual, and they update their menu often to create new dishes with the freshest, in season, ingredients. This restaurant has quickly become my top 3 favorite in Dallas. Kudos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in DallasBettysuz1Dined on 7/19/2014Such care given to every facet of the meal: fabulous coconut based broth on the mussels, fresh peas cooked and seasoned perfectly. The squash salad with pine nuts was absolutely delicious and so simple in presentation. The wait staff was helpful and attentive and very responsive to my particular dietary needs. The wine the sommelier helped us with was superb and a good value for its quality. Even the coffee I ordered was delivered in a freshly made pressed pot for our table alone. Delicious! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be disappointed!FoddieTootieDined on 7/18/2014Everything was perfect! If you love great food, attentive yet discreet service in a great looking restaurant - GET TO GEMMA!Special Features:
- Overpriced for what it isRKSSVIPDined on 7/13/2014Not my cup of tea. Food ok but not special enough at the price to warrant a return visit. And only valet parking at a strip center..really? Ha!
- KnowsfoodVIPDined on 7/13/2014Great service, great food, fun ambiance! We will definitely come back!!
- Gemma is a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014Great food, great ambiance, lovely bar. It's the kind of place that is always busy but never crowded; full of life but never noisy. The staff is attentive and friendly but never obsequious. It's my favorite place, and I don't have favorite places.Special Features: