Gekko Sushi - Atlanta
620 Glen Iris Dr
Atlanta, GA 30308Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Gekko Sushi - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://gekkosushiandlounge.com/
- Phone: 4042494300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday:11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5;30pm-10:30 pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Sam Kim and Reza Mewardy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We have upstairs loft dining can held 40 guests for your private event. please contact us for more detail
- Private Party Contact: Nara 4042494300
A word from Gekko Sushi - Atlanta
Sushi Chef Sahyun brings his passion and talent to Atlanta by opening the second Gekko Sushi, originally started in Clermont ,Florida over five years ago.Sahyun and his leading chef Reza have 35 years of combined sushi experience and have developed a loyal following due their respect and passion for the art of sushi. Continuing in the tradition of their restaurant philosophy, Gekko offers top-grade sushi and creative cuisine. Gekko Sushi in Clermont is an active member of community and has become neighborhood gem. We will strive to develop the same reputation in Atlanta and exceed your expectations. We look forward to serving you at Gekko Sushi Atlanta!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gekko Sushi - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Not Blown Awaytiger2322Dined on 9/26/2014I haven't tried everything on the menu but I'll go back to see if anything stands out.Special Features:
- Great for lunchnamiVIPDined on 8/11/2014I went there for lunch during work the other day and food was good as usual. Friendly service, the sashimi was fresh and we were able to talk comfortably in a cozy setting. The lunch menus are great - reasonably priced and worth the money. I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 46 reviews are from the Gekko Sushi - Atlanta reviews archive.
- Fantastic sushi & pricesATLFoodieDined on 5/24/2014Such a large variety of classic and specialty rolls to pick from, and the prices cannot be beat! The service was very fast, although the restaurant was virtually empty due to it being a holiday weekend. Hands down a neighborhood gem and our new favorite sushi spot.Special Features:
- good sushiatlfoodieVIPDined on 5/17/2014fresh fish, good quality sushi. not too crowded for a sat nightSpecial Features:
- BadOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/17/2014We had Terrible service. The server didnt know the menu, the prices and she got the wrong order twice.
- Great FoodBrendanDined on 3/28/2014Love the Tiger Roll. One of the better sushi places in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible sushi!ATLFoodieDined on 3/15/2014Absolutely incredible food. The sushi menu was not only huge, but it had so many unique and delicious options, rather than your typical handful of regulars and a few super weird, non-appetizing ones. The service was slightly less than stellar at our upstairs tables, but otherwise things came out in a timely manner. Great prices as well for the quality and amount of sushi you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious sushi, fresh fishLoveeatingDined on 3/8/2014They have excellent sushi; the fish is very fresh and the rolls are expertly prepared. The service is friendly and the location is great (and will be even more valuable once the Ponce City Market opens). Great place to get sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/23/2014Food was pretty good....but the service was awful.
- Worst service I have ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Food was outstanding, when it finally came, an hour later. Server was very unattentive. I actually went down to the bar to get a drink. We talked to others by us who were also getting the silent Service.Special Features:
- Food was awesome but serviceDav12Dined on 2/14/2014Food was awesome but service were slow. The place was clean and neat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- (caveat - ate here the ThursdayTry2BFairVIPDined on 2/13/2014(caveat - ate here the Thursday nite of winter storm #2...so maybe short-staffed). That said, there weren't many people there either. Was about 10 mins after sitting we were acknowledged (they seated us, and it isn't a big place, we weren't hiding). Klunky service. They sat us on top of another couple (no need to - plenty of room), and since it was so quiet it was almost impossible not to be in a 4-way conversation. Food was decent, but wouldn't put the sushi up against any of the better restaurants. Calamari salad was very good I will say. But all in all, probably won't go back.
- The only thing what I couldDJCFDined on 2/8/2014The only thing what I could mention as negative for this place is the parking space situation. All spots outside for the restaurant where occupied and also the parking garage was full. So after 25 minutes search we parked in a side street and walked for a few minutes to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the experienceElctricLadyDined on 2/7/2014Food was great! Service was even better! Our server was fantastic & we will be back!Special Features:
- not up to usualArtemis664Dined on 1/31/2014We have eaten at Gekko several times, and were very disappointed this time. It took a long time for food to come, and there was more than 10 min between when food arrived for 3 of the 6 people at our table (mostly cooked food) and when the sushi arrived for the other 3. Both the spring rolls and the chicken katsu were quite overcooked as well. All in all, not what we are used to at Gekko, and we will think about finding another sushi place.
- great first date spotJimiDined on 1/25/2014Very cozy and romantic. The upstairs room is a nice place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made the reservation forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014I made the reservation for 9 people and when I got to the restaurant at my reserved time the host told me they did not have a table for 9. Our group had to wait an additional 20 minutes for them to prepare a table. After being seated it took 15 minutes before we were even provided with menus, it was another ten minutes before our drink order was taken. I felt terrible for our server - they were very understaffed and he had to work the entire upstairs (two large groups along with three other tables and the downstairs as well). While it took an entire hour for our food to actually make it to our table, it was great sushi. I think had they been prepared for a Saturday evening rush our dinning experience would have been completely different.
- Great sushi!wyredgyrlDined on 12/25/2013Wonderful sushi, great decor, cozy spot. Great service, friendly staff, will make this spot a regular hangout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gekko for date nightMerryprankstersDined on 12/21/2013This place was on scout mob so I chose to venture here and try things. The sashimi was fantastic as were the most exotic rolls we enjoyed. The kiwi roll was my favorite. The small slices were obviously succulent and juicy yet there was some heat at the finish from the spicy mayo. Wine list was limited, but everything was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushi !!!mtlshoegalVIPDined on 1/25/2013ive been going to this resto for sometime and have never been dissapointed. the sushi is great and they even have gluten free soy sauce!!! check for scoutmobs also, they usually have one.Special Features:
- Very attentative service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012Very attentative service! Food was delicious! And price was fair! Would definitely recommend it to anyone!Special Features:
- The quality has gone downbullbearVIPDined on 11/30/2012The quality has gone down and the constant scoutmob promo that seems to last forever might be part of the problem. The service is still good. If you need a quick sushi fix this will do.
- Food was ok, but not for price.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2012Food was ok, but not for price. Didn't do anything for birthday. Service was average.
- Was not very busy on a weeknight.SteveTDined on 9/19/2012Was not very busy on a weeknight. Nice space inside, good menu with good prices. The sushi came out quickly and was good, but not amazing. I'm wondering if this place is going to make it. It has such potential, but something is missing...Special Features:
- Last minute find! Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/12/2012Last minute find! Food was great!!!! Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Best sushi intown, I go thereJulienVIPDined on 9/10/2012Best sushi intown, I go there about once a month, I really like our "new" server.
- Awesome placeSusanaVIPDined on 9/8/2012Really tasty sushi, great modern, new ambience. Price is reasonable. Now that MF Sushi is closed, this is my new go-to place. I think this place is better than Bluefin.Special Features:
- excellent sushi! very friendlyjoebVIPDined on 7/5/2012excellent sushi! very friendly & helpful staff! We always try to stop when we are in the area.
- Meh.adamdocVIPDined on 5/22/2012The food was passable, but no better than standard take out. The server and hostess were somewhat rude, or at least unwelcoming, and the birthday we were celebrating was ignored. There are far better options.
- This was our first visit,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/30/2012This was our first visit, and a good one at that. With MF out of the neighborhood, we will be visiting Gekko again soon.
- This place was elegant butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2012This place was elegant but laid back. The service was great. The sushi was awesome!Special Features:
- The Mexican Rolls and SoftOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2012The Mexican Rolls and Soft Shell Crab Rolls were delicious but the other two rolls we got weren't anything special. The Edamame appetizer was much smaller than I've had at other restaurants. Overall the restaurant was nice.Special Features:
- One can't go wrong at GekkoRileyDined on 1/21/2012Even though the sushi and sashimi were good, they were not above that average. It is difficult to find good sushi, but Gekko is a sure bet. the service was a little slow, they appeared to be understaffed. On the other hand it was friendly and on accurate with the orders.Special Features:
- This was the 3rd time I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011This was the 3rd time I've been to Gekko & as always the food was great. This time I ordered a cooked dish as well as a roll for an appetizer and both were very tasty! The prices are a little steep, but I think it's worth it every now and then for some good sushi.Special Features:
- Sushi and rolls were out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Sushi and rolls were out of this world! Service was fantastic and the ambience was very cool. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- SO amazing!!! How isn't EVERYoneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/9/2011SO amazing!!! How isn't EVERYone eating here already?!!! It was so.good. A friend suggested this restaurant and we are sushi addicts that are extremely loyal to our fav place already, but Gekko is definitely the place to cheat on our usual. Even the little side ginger house salad had me digging down in the bowl embarrassingly desperate for more.lol! Oh, and by the way, the chicken teriyaki deserves an ovation...Nothing like I thought. I love the standard dish so I expected the standard, but this was ridiculous. Huge portion spread like tenderloin, seasoned like gormet. Ummmmmm!!!!!! ((Okay, before I start licking my lips, I'll end the review here...oh, and great polite service))Special Features:
- Great Hidden Treasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/14/2011Met up with a friend for sushi on a Friday evning and Gekko has Happy Hour sushi specials from 5:30-7pm! We tried the chicken kabob appetizers and they were seasoned to perfection!My friend got the delicious duck entree. It was so good that she placed a to go order of duck to have the next day. My sushi was so fresh and sweet; I didn't even need soy sauce on them. You've got to get the Gekko and the Dancing Eel rolls. They were prepared nice and tight and didn't fall apart when you pick them up.Special Features:
- Second time eating here andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2011Second time eating here and both times the food was great!
- Best Sushi Value in AtlantaMichaelHVIPDined on 10/6/2011Very good sushi at reasonable prices. It is way better than the cheap Atlanta sushi places without paying the high end prices that are typical of good sushi prices in Atlanta. The dish, sunflower, is a very good sized appetizer that can be eaten as a dinner, except for a very hungry person and then just order one more roll or appetizer. Friendly staff. Valet parking makes it easy.Special Features:
- Great service accented ourIntownreviewerVIPDined on 9/26/2011Great service accented our wonderful dinner with a group of 6 of us. Everyone loved the rolls and sashimi that was ordered. I was particularly pleased with my Gekko choice and its presentation.Special Features: