340 W. Armitage
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gejascafe.com/
- Phone: (773) 281-9101
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (last seating at 9:30pm);
Friday: 5:00pm - 11pm (last seating at 10:30pm);
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm (last seating at 11pm);
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm (last seating at 9pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Executive Chef: Jeff Lawler-Managing Partner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Geja's Cafe can accommodate private parties from 6 to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Lawler 7732819101
- Entertainment: Flamenco and Classical Guitar 7 nights a week.
- Special Events: Monthly Winemaker Dinners
A word from Geja's Café
Romantic fondue dining & nightly flamenco & classical guitar music draw diners to this cozy café. Entree fondues include shrimp, scallops, lobster, chicken & beef in various combinations. Please be aware that for their safety, children under the age of 10 are not permitted at Geja's. Booth requests will be noted, but can not guaranteed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Geja's Café - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Park ›
Geja's Café reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (191)special occasion (172)notable wine list (104)neighborhood gem (82)fit for foodies (67)good for groups (27)late-night find (25)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Wonderful place for a nice romantic dinner. My wife and I really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal location for celebrating a special occasion.WGN15111VIPDined on 11/22/2014Usually booked, so make reservations well in advance. Interesting place to take visitors from out of town. Nice breal from the Chicago Steakhouse scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food/service, but overpricedMelissa1Dined on 11/22/2014The meat and seafood dinner is overpriced (for 2 people you're essentially paying for 2 fondues, sauces, veggies, when you're sharing it) but still excellent. The meat/cheese board appetizer and cheese fondue are the real shining stars here. Service was fantastic, has a romantic atmosphere, very cozy for a gloomy day. I will definitely go back, however I would stick to just the meat/cheese board and cheese fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geja's is a special place for memorable moments.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014Wonderful ambience, wonderful food, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationTeslaDined on 11/15/2014We had not been to Gejas for quite some time and the food did not disappoint. It was a great dining experience. The only hitch was we were celebrating my son's 18th Birthday and they failed to bring out the dessert with candle in it. I noted the event during my reservation and confirmed the event when Gejas confirmed my reservation. They told me I did not need to say anything to the server and they would know about the birthday from the computer system. Well, this was not the case and that was the only negative about our experience. Gejas said they would make it up to us next time; I hope they remember.Special Features:
- Something DifferentKipronoDined on 11/15/2014A different experience for a romantic evening out. The table was a little too small. Scary with the boiling oil over your lap. They need to expand and create more space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was great.mimiDined on 11/14/2014I did not like the way our table was so close to the table next to us. In fact, as I was trying to get to my seat, the fondue was not covered properly and I almost caught my coat on the fire. Not a great start to an evening out! I mentioned it to one of the waiters and her response was that I had to be more careful. Really, maybe the fondue pot should not have been on the edge of the table where I was trying to get through and should have been properly covered, as it was not. Actually, the hostess should have had me enter on the other side of table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValentinaDined on 11/14/2014Romantic restaurant! Lovely atmosphere, good food, great wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELYOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014This was for my husbands birthday. Food was great, service was wonderful. We did not like the first table they were going to seat us at.. under the blower of the heater... should not be a table there, but they were gracious and kind in re-seating us. I asked for a dessert for my husband via on line and it came without a hitch. We recommend this place. Very cozy and dim, very romantic.Special Features:
- Nice Change of SceneFooDeeDined on 10/31/2014Geja's is a nice break from normalcy. Dark and romantic with great service and decent food. Wine list is pretty good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date Night!GirlsGot2Eat2Dined on 10/28/2014Geja's is the spot for a great selection of wines, low lighting, cozy booths and a fun way to spend a romantic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- looking for something uniquethebigpunnDined on 10/26/2014If you are looking for something different and happen to be in Chicago stop here! Make reservations in advance and surprise her! Come with an empty stomach and be ready to have something different!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZactorDined on 10/26/2014Food is always great along with the mixed drinks or sangria & the service is also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeMAB21Dined on 10/25/2014Loved it! Will definitely go back! Prince Platter was very good... but will get just the steak next time. For no reason... it was just my favorite. We might try the broth next time. Very good, very fun... and a very tasty mojito!!Special Features:
- GoodItalian1Dined on 10/25/2014The place is nice and something fun to do for something different. We went for our 30th anniversary and requested a nice booth. We got a booth but right by the kitchen. Then we had a loud foursome behind us. I know not the restaurants fault but it did not lend to a romantic dinner. Hard to say the food was great after all you cook it yourself, all they do is cut it up. The tables are very close together so it doesn't seem as intimate as I was expecting from some of the reviews.Special Features:
- Ok not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Gejas is a romantic establishment also good for groups ths cheese and desert fondue were excellent. We had a combination of food but if we go back I would stick with beef or shrimp for the emtreeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lincoln Park GemeatsalotDined on 10/24/2014If you plan to visit the City you must head north to this Lincoln Park gem. Great food and very romantic!Special Features:
- the best fonduePattiVIPDined on 10/23/2014I consider Geja's to be the premier restaurant for fondue, on a national level! Wonderful food and service. Go early and have a drink the bar.Special Features:
- Fun time, food could be betterChelseaDined on 10/23/2014The service is always great, and we have a fun time going! The food could be a little tastier, though—for example, the chocolate fondue could be of higher quality, and the vegetarian entrée could be a little more interesting. That being said, we love going to Geja's!Special Features:
- Love!sophiebDined on 10/23/2014My boyfriend and I love this place! Great ambiance, fun to cook your own food ! Our favorite part is the cheese and chocolate though :)Special Features:
- Always greatFiremomDined on 10/23/2014Always happy when I dine at this restaurant. Love the food and atmosphere of this restaurant. We always have great service as wellSpecial Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The food was delicious and well presented. The service was outstanding. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable. We allowed our waiter to recommend wine flights for our dinner. He did an exceptionable job of listening to what we liked and recommend wines that meet our requirements and enhanced the taste of the food.Special Features:
- UnexpectedboyerizmDined on 10/14/2014Read a lot of great reviews, even overheard people complimenting the staff, but the food was not good. The service was however very kind and friendly. I seriously never complain at restaurants but everything tasted like it was prepped a day+ earlier. Even the chocolate tasted like Hershey's syrup. I felt like going Gordon Ramsey in a Kitchen nightmare on this one. This is actually the only review I've ever been motivated to do.Special Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Dining at Geja's Cafe was an overall wonderful experience, the food, the atmosphere, all done right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food experience I have hadHiddengemsDined on 10/11/2014Wow. This was the most amazing experience. The food was fabulous and don't even get me started on the amazing ambiance. I was so pleased. The technology ban was my favorite part. It really added to the ambiance to see people engaging in hushed conversations instead of their phones. This hidden 50 year old gem is a must for a romantic evening. My boyfriend was also blown away. Everything tasted amazing and the experience was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better...Just2ofusDined on 10/11/2014It has been 8 years since we last ate at Geja's and it has gotten better! The service is still excellent, the meats are excellent, and now there are more vegetables on the platter. The suggested wine pairings were much appreciated. Looking forward to our next trip to Chicago and visit to Geja's Café.Special Features:
- The Perfect PlaceCoopDined on 10/10/2014Geja's is truly "The Perfect Place". Easy location to find on the North Side near Lincoln Park, just off of Lakeshore Drive. Your are greeted with friendly Valet Parking, that whisks your car away for you without a second thought. You then enter a wonderful secluded environment, where your dinning is as private as you want to make it. The waiting staff and servers are a buzz all around you, but never a bother to your dinning experience. You move slowly through your entire meal at your own pace, savoring every course as if you are the only couple/group in the entire dinning area. Not only do you enjoy a wonderful meal, but the experience lingers long after you have gotten home. All you can say to yourself is what a fabulous night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good fonduecoletteVIPDined on 10/8/2014we had a dinner which included a small cheese fondue, salad , chicken for me and beef fondues for my husband and a chocolate fondue for dessert. there was a lot of food (too much for us) and it was a very pleasant evening. I would have liked to have something else than Fondue at the first or last course. Too much Fondue for me!Special Features:
- Fabulous FondueSandyDined on 10/4/2014Geja's provides everything you would want for a fabulous night of fondue. Awesome ambiance, wonderful wait staff and FABULOUS food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Great ServiceDeliciousDined on 10/4/2014My girlfriend and I have dined at Geja's for our anniversaries and a graduate school celebration. Every time the service is great, the food is delicious and the ambiance is incredibly romantic. It is a very tight fit, they are obviously trying to get as much out of the space as possible but it still manages to feel intimate and special. The staff I've had has always been fantastic. It's definitely pricey but well worth it to celebrate those special occasions.Special Features:
- great romantic dinner spotccccccDined on 10/3/2014Service was excellent, food was mediocre, ambience was fantastic, kind of noiseySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent.NA11VIPDined on 10/3/2014Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014My friends helped me celebrate my 50th Birthday celebration and we had a blast. I was concerned about one of my party members being a bit loud but our waiter and staff handled this very professionally. The food was fabulous and they were very accommodating for one member who has seafood allergies. I love this restaurant but would likely go with smaller group or partner next time. Also their reserve wines are very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationmtngirlDined on 9/27/2014Cheese and chocolate fondue - what's not to love? Perfect place for a special birthday celebration. Waitstaff were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointselliB99Dined on 9/24/2014I will remember the cheese fondue until I die. Stay for the chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Comfortable ExperienceLocalsDined on 9/24/2014Was able to enjoy a non rushed experience with very attentive service, good and substantial food, and an atmosphere allowing conversation. Reservation seems necessary by design, due to length of customers' stays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with Romance and FunfunfoodDined on 9/20/2014Gejas is one of my favorite restaurants for special occasions. It is delicious, romantic, and fun! It is a refreshing change from typical restaurants. You get plenty of healthy food, and you do not feel over-filled because you are eating a little at a time. I highly recommend Gejas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fonduepmazcommVIPDined on 9/20/2014First went to Geja's back in the late 80's for special occasions. Brought our young adults back and it was the same and as wonderful as we always remembered. Great service and great food and environment.Special Features:
- Lovely PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Extremely well decorated for a romantic evening. On top of the ambiance, the food is delicious and you leave stuffed.Special Features:
- great, again!MitsukoDined on 9/16/2014My friend and I recently dined at Geja's on a Tues night. For a week night, it was packed and very busy so make sure you have reservations! We ordered the steak and lobster premier dinner and was not disappointed. The lobster was plentiful and juicy. The cheese course is probably my favorite. The servers are all very attentive and handle the hot pots and flames with ease.Special Features: