340 W. Armitage
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gejascafe.com/
- Phone: 7732819101
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (last seating at 9:30pm);
Friday: 5:00pm - 11pm (last seating at 10:30pm);
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm (last seating at 11pm);
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm (last seating at 9pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Executive Chef: Jeff Lawler-Managing Partner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Geja's Cafe can accommodate private parties from 6 to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Lawler 7732819101
- Entertainment: Flamenco and Classical Guitar 7 nights a week.
- Special Events: Monthly Winemaker Dinners
A word from Geja's Café
Romantic fondue dining & nightly flamenco & classical guitar music draw diners to this cozy café. Entree fondues include shrimp, scallops, lobster, chicken & beef in various combinations. Please be aware that for their safety, children under the age of 10 are not permitted at Geja's. Booth requests will be noted, but can not guaranteed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Geja's Café - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Park ›
Geja's Café reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (179)special occasion (161)notable wine list (103)neighborhood gem (76)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (24)hot spot (18)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The food was delicious and well presented. The service was outstanding. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable. We allowed our waiter to recommend wine flights for our dinner. He did an exceptionable job of listening to what we liked and recommend wines that meet our requirements and enhanced the taste of the food.Special Features:
- UnexpectedboyerizmDined on 10/14/2014Read a lot of great reviews, even overheard people complimenting the staff, but the food was not good. The service was however very kind and friendly. I seriously never complain at restaurants but everything tasted like it was prepped a day+ earlier. Even the chocolate tasted like Hershey's syrup. I felt like going Gordon Ramsey in a Kitchen nightmare on this one. This is actually the only review I've ever been motivated to do.Special Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Dining at Geja's Cafe was an overall wonderful experience, the food, the atmosphere, all done right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food experience I have hadHiddengemsDined on 10/11/2014Wow. This was the most amazing experience. The food was fabulous and don't even get me started on the amazing ambiance. I was so pleased. The technology ban was my favorite part. It really added to the ambiance to see people engaging in hushed conversations instead of their phones. This hidden 50 year old gem is a must for a romantic evening. My boyfriend was also blown away. Everything tasted amazing and the experience was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better...Just2ofusDined on 10/11/2014It has been 8 years since we last ate at Geja's and it has gotten better! The service is still excellent, the meats are excellent, and now there are more vegetables on the platter. The suggested wine pairings were much appreciated. Looking forward to our next trip to Chicago and visit to Geja's Café.Special Features:
- The Perfect PlaceCoopDined on 10/10/2014Geja's is truly "The Perfect Place". Easy location to find on the North Side near Lincoln Park, just off of Lakeshore Drive. Your are greeted with friendly Valet Parking, that whisks your car away for you without a second thought. You then enter a wonderful secluded environment, where your dinning is as private as you want to make it. The waiting staff and servers are a buzz all around you, but never a bother to your dinning experience. You move slowly through your entire meal at your own pace, savoring every course as if you are the only couple/group in the entire dinning area. Not only do you enjoy a wonderful meal, but the experience lingers long after you have gotten home. All you can say to yourself is what a fabulous night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good fonduecoletteVIPDined on 10/8/2014we had a dinner which included a small cheese fondue, salad , chicken for me and beef fondues for my husband and a chocolate fondue for dessert. there was a lot of food (too much for us) and it was a very pleasant evening. I would have liked to have something else than Fondue at the first or last course. Too much Fondue for me!Special Features:
- Fabulous FondueSandyDined on 10/4/2014Geja's provides everything you would want for a fabulous night of fondue. Awesome ambiance, wonderful wait staff and FABULOUS food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Great ServiceDeliciousDined on 10/4/2014My girlfriend and I have dined at Geja's for our anniversaries and a graduate school celebration. Every time the service is great, the food is delicious and the ambiance is incredibly romantic. It is a very tight fit, they are obviously trying to get as much out of the space as possible but it still manages to feel intimate and special. The staff I've had has always been fantastic. It's definitely pricey but well worth it to celebrate those special occasions.Special Features:
- great romantic dinner spotccccccDined on 10/3/2014Service was excellent, food was mediocre, ambience was fantastic, kind of noiseySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent.NA11VIPDined on 10/3/2014Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014My friends helped me celebrate my 50th Birthday celebration and we had a blast. I was concerned about one of my party members being a bit loud but our waiter and staff handled this very professionally. The food was fabulous and they were very accommodating for one member who has seafood allergies. I love this restaurant but would likely go with smaller group or partner next time. Also their reserve wines are very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationmtngirlDined on 9/27/2014Cheese and chocolate fondue - what's not to love? Perfect place for a special birthday celebration. Waitstaff were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointselliB99Dined on 9/24/2014I will remember the cheese fondue until I die. Stay for the chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Comfortable ExperienceLocalsDined on 9/24/2014Was able to enjoy a non rushed experience with very attentive service, good and substantial food, and an atmosphere allowing conversation. Reservation seems necessary by design, due to length of customers' stays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with Romance and FunfunfoodDined on 9/20/2014Gejas is one of my favorite restaurants for special occasions. It is delicious, romantic, and fun! It is a refreshing change from typical restaurants. You get plenty of healthy food, and you do not feel over-filled because you are eating a little at a time. I highly recommend Gejas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fonduepmazcommVIPDined on 9/20/2014First went to Geja's back in the late 80's for special occasions. Brought our young adults back and it was the same and as wonderful as we always remembered. Great service and great food and environment.Special Features:
- Lovely PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Extremely well decorated for a romantic evening. On top of the ambiance, the food is delicious and you leave stuffed.Special Features:
- great, again!MitsukoDined on 9/16/2014My friend and I recently dined at Geja's on a Tues night. For a week night, it was packed and very busy so make sure you have reservations! We ordered the steak and lobster premier dinner and was not disappointed. The lobster was plentiful and juicy. The cheese course is probably my favorite. The servers are all very attentive and handle the hot pots and flames with ease.Special Features:
- PORTIONS VERY SMALLOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014PRICES TO HIGH, PORTIONS SMALL, MELTING POT OFFERS VARIETY OF COOKING OILS, CHEESES, CHOCOLATE. COULDNT UNDERSTAND WAITER, ASST WAITER SPENT MORE TIME AT OUR TABLE AND HELPED WITH DRINKS. EXPLAINED TO WAITER WE HAD PURCHASED A GROUPON AND WE WERE RUNNING LATE AND FORGOT IT, SAID HE COULDNT ASSIST WITH BILL?? WE GOT OUR REFUND BACK THROUGH GROUPON AND WILL NOT BE BACK.
- GoodDancer4gDined on 9/15/2014Felt like servers forgot about us. The food was excellent though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date-NightFrenchwiDined on 9/15/2014We were first time Fondue'ers and it was extremely approachable and TONS of food, ask for TomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and wonderful!SandyDined on 9/9/2014The food is amazing. The service is too notch. The ambiance is divine. The wine list is outstanding. Can't think of anything but positive comments. A must for any Chicagoan!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time experience!LeedeeDined on 9/8/2014The food was amazing, the environment was romantic, and the margaritas rocked! Great customer service. Clean atmosphere. Wonderful experience!! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurantdibs4lifeDined on 9/6/2014I love Geja's cafe! There is a wide variety of different fondue foods to try. Everything is excellent quality and tastes great. It is a great place for special occasions as it can be an expensive night out.Special Features:
- Romantic and DeliciousRenee23Dined on 9/5/2014Overall, just a beautiful dining experience. The ambiance was perfect for a wedding anniversary celebration and the food was to die for.Special Features:
- Wonderful FoodLucyathereDined on 8/30/2014It is fun to cook your own food in a pot of hot vegetable broth or vegetable oil. You choose the type of meat you want and with the premium meals you get the Cheese fondue to start and then your main meal. The raw veggies and potatoes cook along with your meat in the fondue pot. Finishing it off with the delicious chocolate fondue make the meal complete. Excellent!!! This is an excellent place to celebrate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- labor day weekendLoriDined on 8/29/2014We had a great evening but it was a very expensive one.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedFrequentTravelerDined on 8/29/2014We have been visiting Geja's for special occasions and spur of the moment indulgences for almost 20 years. Service is always exceptional and the atmosphere is vibrant yet intimate. The bartender and our waiter suggested wines that were perfect for our evening and the food is always cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New experienceCcFondueDined on 8/28/2014Overall was great for a new place. Very accommodating, some guests were late and they were very patient and understanding. It was a little to dark to need flashlights and a bit noisy. I really enjoyed the food and service, 1st time having fondue. My guests and I loved the chocolate & cheese combo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fooddischwarDined on 8/26/2014Geja's provides great food at slightly high prices - it's worth it for a special occasion. At least for vegetarians there is a wonderful platter offered with a number of tasty dipping sauces. I quite recommend it!Special Features:
- TRIED & TRUEHARLEYBOYDined on 8/26/2014The moment we entered we were wished a happy anniversary by the hostess, other staff & our waiter. We felt very special. This is the most romantic restaurant. They don't allow children in under age 10. So, your evening won't be ruined by you-know-what! More fine dining restaurants should follow Geja`s policy. The food was fresh, perfect portions & lots of fun cooking it yourself. Perfect for a first date, second date, etc. You won't be disappointed. There's a reason Geja`s been successful for almost 5 decades. As we left, one if the owners asked if we had a good evening. INDEED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but small portionsNiklesDined on 8/25/2014The food was delicious, the sauces were amazing. We loved the taste of everything - although very small inside, the atmosphere was romantic and quiet and private. However, portions were very small. This restaurant is not for big eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the experience.ToddDined on 8/25/2014This was a great one time experience with the family. I took my 10 y/o and he was not happy with the menus options. I think it is a great place to bring out of town folks or for a romantics date.Special Features:
- gejassteveatsDined on 8/23/2014The experience was good. My wife and I have been there before and that night we were celebrating our anniversary. The only disappointment was where we were seated, we requested a booth but were told we have to wait a half hour or more. Kinda hurt the intimacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and FunfonduehappinessDined on 8/21/2014My boyfriend and I went here for my birthday as an alternative to our typical fondue restaurant and were very pleased. Initially it was a stand out place because they sent a very generous birthday coupon, once we arrived I found our servers to be very attentive and sincere while not being overbearing. Furthermore, there was so much delicious food and unlike other fondue restaurants the process was quicker so while the dinner was a little longer we weren't spending our entire evening there. Overall a very positive experience.Special Features:
- Back AgainiwalasVIPDined on 8/21/2014Geja's is one of our regular spots for a night out. We visit about 3-4 times per year. Always romantic and relaxing, and the servers are always happy to accommodate a 2nd cooking pot for my girlfriend who does not eat meat. We love the cheese fondue, though it seemed like the recipe may have changed a bit on our last visit. My only wish/recommendation is one or two more pieces of meat or fish on the premier dinners. They are pricey at about $50-60 each. Would one more shrimp or piece of steak or chicken hurt the bottom line? Regardless, always fresh salads and veggies are a good substitute for extra meat. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014I have been to Geja's a few times, but not in the past 15 years. It is always a wonderful place to eat and still is today!I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticRomeoDined on 8/16/2014The most romantic restaurant I've been to. Very friendly staff, great ambience, and the service was timed well without interrupting the mood. Would definitely recommend to couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW, very impressed as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Tom and Miguel were fantastic servers. Ambience was outstanding!!! Private label merlot paired very well with the dinner choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.